IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Good Afternoon Everyone - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good Afternoon Everyone
Patch
post Mar 9 2020, 04:32 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

Hello,

I hope you don't mind me taking a moment to introdunce myself...

The other day, as is my want, while reading an particularly fine article in the latest Readers Digested while enjoying a lovely single malt, and I came across some tales of your doings, and given my return from my recent sabatical with my sponsor I thought I would look you up.

I must say I think yours sounds like a fine organisation so I have signed up.

My Name is Elan and I am a priest of some skill in the arena of tearing spirits apart, either slowly or at some considerable speed. Areas of particular study, include but are not limited too the manipulation of pestilence spirits and their application. The summonation and transferance of spirits of harm, and the Application of the Touch of Death Miracle to non living spirits and the effects thereof.

I am also a Librarian and available for private hire if you have collections that need organising (I prefer the Deci Decimal System)

I was born in Deci, where I learned my Craft, I maintatin a small collection of private volumes, in relation to my areas of study. I do not maintain ties to any church, as it's my (purely personal) opinion that religion gets in the way of my studies.

Anyway If I can be of assistance please do let me know. I look forward to working with you all in the future.

Best Wishes

Elan

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Mar 9 2020, 04:36 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 446

Elan

By way of warning, I note you are a Knight of the Land. I too, was a Knight and found it impossible to help the Cabal complete it's tasks and uphold my Knightly oath. If you truly seek to be a member of the Cabal, I would recommend you consider your position with care.
I'm not threatening you, just offering some advice. Simply put, the Cabal and Knights don't mix. I chose the Cabal (mainly because I am an evil sinner) - just made more sense and the fact the Cabal have a great sense of humour, a dark horrible sense of humour

Ashog the White

+Quote Post
Avv
post Mar 9 2020, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,164

Elan, Elan I welcome you to the demon loving undead hugging torture town that is the cabal

I hope you enjoy your dark stay and I hope you don’t become a traitor ... I hate traitors

Uriel, The Lucky Goblin
Mascot of the Obsidian Cabal

P.S. If you need any help getting something I’m very good at finding stuff

P.P.S not everyone is as nice as me I hope you are affective at what you do

--------------------
Sleepy Sheepy - Long Live the Sheep

Adam Smith

know to play: Uriel isp boy

+Quote Post
Patch
post Mar 9 2020, 04:52 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Mar 9 2020, 04:36 PM) *
Elan

By way of warning, I note you are a Knight of the Land. I too, was a Knight and found it impossible to help the Cabal complete it's task and uphold my Knightly oath. If you truly seek to be a member of the Cabal, I would recommend you consider your position with care.
I'm not threatening you, just offering some advice. Simply put, the Cabal and Knights don't mix. I chose the Cabal (mainly because I am an evil sinner) - just made more sense and the fact the Cabal have a great sense of humour, a dark horrible sense of humour

Ashog the White

Ashog (I hope I may call you Ashog)

Thank you, yes I am a knight... there is some long and tedious reasons that I will summarise thusly: I was a peon, I sold my soul to get where I am today... As a general rule I find the wanton and needless murder of those without the strength to protect themselves against those with vitea objectionable. That coupled with a general... I live here and the general burning of the world and the ruination of the structures that uphold my standard of living are less than ideal.

Can I ask what the situations were that caused you to have to consider your options... it may be that I do need to choose between the two organisations, but that would be a terrible shame were it to be the case...

Are the Cabal want to randomly destroy vast swathes of largely usefull productive populous that can be used to support my comfort and wellbeing? or seek to destroy structures of order such as the empire, which again serve to protect and provide security and comfort for myself and my holdings small as they may be?

Many Thanks

Elan

P.s.
Please note, that anyone holding a sword and saying "Thou Shall Not Pass" have made their choices and are clearly asking to have their eyes rotted from their skull, or choke to death on their own blood or have their spirit torn assunder... I'm not a spirit overly burdened with understanding for others poor life choices, but if I kill all the little children who will shine my boots? we all have our roles to play...

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 9 2020, 05:05 PM
Post #5

Post Police

Member No.: 38

We get on with the job, and don't worry about the little guy while we do it

We're not mindless murderers, but professionals that won't let a moral quandary get in the way. You might find that hard to upkeep, but they're your oaths. Up to you if you care enough or think you make that work.

B.

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
jj420
post Mar 9 2020, 05:22 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,677

Elan.
Welcome to the cabal.

I do not see that you should have a problem being a Knight and a member of the cabal when adventuring on a normal hire.

Some of our personal hires leed us to do things that some may find unsettling but that is exactly why people pay us to do the things others wont do.

To answer some of your questions. No we do not wish to destroy the empire. If we needed to kill 100 week people to achieve our aims then we would do so. And we would do it without hesitation.

I hope you can find a home hear

Abbad

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Mar 9 2020, 05:44 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 574

We all have our own agendas, some aren't in keeping with the Knights Oath that is all. If you come out and someone is doing something you don't agree with we are bound to leave our politics at the door so you would need to suck it up or go to a tavern and drink while the Cabal gets on with it.

Personally I don't like killing it is not in anyway conducive to prolonging the agony and suffering of this mortal existence but I have to accept there are killers here.

Maalik
Angel of Torment

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Mar 9 2020, 06:03 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 446

Elan

What would you do if on a Cabal hire, we were asked to ingratiate ourselves with slavers, to attack a village, take slaves and sell them. We would need to do this to find out who the leader of the slavers was and perhaps gain important information from them. (noting we probably wouldn't do this in the Empire)
What would you do?

Just one example but I hope it goes to shows the choices you may be asked to make - others have all also helped build on the problem.

Ashog the White

+Quote Post
Patch
post Mar 9 2020, 07:34 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Thank you thank you one and all... (especially the bouncy little goblin)

It is my personal view that the reason the Knights allow spirits like mine to join is that sometimes murder and mayhem is just what is needed, but I may be wrong... so I asked... lets see what they say.

But that aside thank you all for your kind welcome, I assure you I have little moral compunction in getting my hands bloody (though I don't have hands and cant touch blood... but metaphorically speaking)

I hope this is the beginning of a lovely working relationship.

Kind Wishes

Elan

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
Orlock
post Mar 9 2020, 08:07 PM
Post #10

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,807

So, here's a thing - if you witnessed an act by one of our band which breached the Knights code - where would your loyalties be ? Would you report it like a good little soldier of the land or would you stand with the Cabal ?

Therein I suspect is your answer...

One of many

--------------------
James Pink

"“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it”"

Soul Forger : Dagda Sonnlinor 3900 points
Soul Forger : Emdar Deepfinder Paladin 1500 points
Earthsunder : Blackthorn Druid 500 points
The Hovel : Cain, Witch 1195 points
Church of Iron & Empire : Joram Blacksmith 7k
Church of Iron & Empire / 18th Legion : Blackstones Black Unholy Champion 2k
Shaehan : Luke 2400 points
Roarke 5k

+Quote Post
LiamS
post Mar 9 2020, 08:35 PM
Post #11

Militiaman

Member No.: 6,808

I hope you find the benefits, especially when travelling with a group, outweigh any moral quandary.

Sharp

+Quote Post
Patch
post Mar 9 2020, 08:50 PM
Post #12

Mercenary

QUOTE(Orlock @ Mar 9 2020, 08:07 PM) *
So, here's a thing - if you witnessed an act by one of our band which breached the Knights code - where would your loyalties be ? Would you report it like a good little soldier of the land or would you stand with the Cabal ?

Therein I suspect is your answer...

One of many

Um... is that a Name?

Sometimes what mercenaries get away with astounds me... May I call you Mr Many?

Mr Many,

Honestly its a complex question... you see you can't commit an act that breaks my oath, I commit the breach in allowing you to commit the act unopposed...

but then you face the question what act and in what context, and as I put to my brothers in their halls tonight the nights are NOT a moral paragon of virtue... the knights are an organisation formed to defend the land and people from threats.

The morality of that is a product of interpretation, and too many allow their moral views to be the last word in that interpretation.

Thus in answer, report you, perhaps, stop you, maybe... but you view the knights through your own moral slant and I think in that you are mistaken.

Elan

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
LiamS
post Mar 9 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #13

Militiaman

Member No.: 6,808

QUOTE(Patch @ Mar 9 2020, 08:50 PM) *
Um... is that a Name?

Mr Many,

Honestly its a complex question... you see you can't commit an act that breaks my oath, I commit the breach in allowing you to commit the act unopposed...

but then you face the question what act and in what context, and as I put to my brothers in their halls tonight the nights are NOT a moral paragon of virtue... the knights are an organisation formed to defend the land and people from threats.

The morality of that is a product of interpretation, and too many allow their moral views to be the last word in that interpretation.

Thus in answer, report you, perhaps, stop you, maybe... but you view the knights through your own moral slant and I think in that you are mistaken.

Elan

If the question is currently too complex, perhaps now is not the time for you to join. This brotherhood like many others survives by what we do for each other.

Seek answers to your complex questions. Perhaps find look at various faiths and when the time is right come and join us.

Sharp

+Quote Post
draco
post Mar 9 2020, 09:23 PM
Post #14

Heldsman

Member No.: 598

QUOTE(Patch @ Mar 9 2020, 08:50 PM) *
Um... is that a Name?

Mr Many,

Elan

You just made the list, also I am back

Seven

--------------------
James Isteed

Isteed.Labyrinthe@outlook.com

(the big one)

+Quote Post
jj420
post Mar 9 2020, 09:33 PM
Post #15

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,677

QUOTE(draco @ Mar 9 2020, 09:23 PM) *

Seven

I'm glad you have returned! Primus is darker for your return.

Abbad

+Quote Post
Patch
post Mar 9 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #16

Mercenary

QUOTE(draco @ Mar 9 2020, 09:23 PM) *

Seven

I sense this is not your yuletide greeting card list...

if however it is, I could give you my address...

Elan

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
Orlock
post Mar 9 2020, 10:05 PM
Post #17

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,807

Ah Elan,

You appear to have shown your true colours and I suspect that we will never actually travel together if I am unable to rely upon your.... discretion...

Stop me ? you jest surely ? Too many cups perhaps ? Ha ha !

I only explain this so that you are aware of the company you keep and no offence is meant - I am just being honest and you are now unable to claim deniability should you happen to bare witness to anything I do...

I am a passionate creature, I am cruel, I am diabolical and I show no mercy to anyone who stops me commiting my whims - I have only a few loyalties but the Cabal does create one of the only boundries I am fully prepared to follow. The Land ? It serves me and not the other way round...

I would not run telling tales against any other members of our group as this may endanger them and I would defend any members of our group to the hilt - fairly straight forward really... job done...

My loyalties are firstly to myself and the Cabal... little else... I am happy with this... life for me is uncomplicated...

It's a matter for you of course, I don't really care whether you are a Knight or anything else... but you did ask...

Mr Many

--------------------
James Pink

"“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it”"

Soul Forger : Dagda Sonnlinor 3900 points
Soul Forger : Emdar Deepfinder Paladin 1500 points
Earthsunder : Blackthorn Druid 500 points
The Hovel : Cain, Witch 1195 points
Church of Iron & Empire : Joram Blacksmith 7k
Church of Iron & Empire / 18th Legion : Blackstones Black Unholy Champion 2k
Shaehan : Luke 2400 points
Roarke 5k

+Quote Post
Will
post Mar 10 2020, 12:27 AM
Post #18

Legend

Member No.: 158

I think you sound excellent, and you should definitely travel with us soon. You will be absolutely fine. No one on your hire will seek to murder you the instant you show up I'm sure. Definitely not me.

When are you planning on traveling by the way?

Ch'Gan

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Patch
post Mar 10 2020, 08:38 AM
Post #19

Mercenary

QUOTE(Will @ Mar 10 2020, 12:27 AM) *
I think you sound excellent, and you should definitely travel with us soon. You will be absolutely fine. No one on your hire will seek to murder you the instant you show up I'm sure. Definitely not me.

When are you planning on traveling by the way?

Ch'Gan

I should be around in the late spring, I'm moving homes at the moment... but I'm happy to hare a drink with you at some point... or if you wanted something stronger...

Whatever works for you.

Elan

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 10 2020, 01:10 PM
Post #20

Post Police

Member No.: 38

Stop being dicks

Petty threats? To someone who has come looking to see if this is appropriate for them.

B.

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:49 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins