IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Success - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Success, The Spider Queen
Bruno
post Sep 13 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

Those of you who do not already know of some of the events in recent past will be deeply surprised and shocked by what I have to say. You may doubt it if you wish, but you would be foolish to do so, and I believe that others of the House may be able to provide a little further confirmation, if my word is not enough.
If my claims are false and baseless, then they will not long stand and will be easy to disprove. Which will not be the case.

Over the last years of involvement with the Houses of Dem'Orristal and the opposition to Mashen'la, Demon Lord of the Frosted Blade, as well as certain other demonic forces, we learned much. What we did not at first understand was the reason for the demon lords' involvement and attention to this place and time.

At the time of the great Upheaval some years ago, when all the major places of the drowe and the Underdark were destroyed or shattered in cataclysm (excluding Dem'Orristal, the last great bastion of our race in Primus), Lolth herself left this reality.

I do not mean that she simply was not present on Primus - few gods manifest themselves in Primus with any frequency. I mean that she stepped outside all known reality, abandoned all that tied and linked her to the Exostance that we know of, and has not been seen again. She is gone.

We first heard this from an audience with the Black Mana Dragon, but as you will hear, we were able to later prove it to our own satisfaction also.

The continued existence of power, faith and belief flowing to and from the followers of the Queen is owed to the presence of the Demonweb, and the handmaidens who had served Lolth. In their own semi-divine nature, they were able to "manage" the structure and flow of the faith and thereby present an illusion of stability for a time, but cracks were building and the handmaidens were being driven mad by the vast power they sought to channel and direct.

Thanks to the work of Aerlisseroth, myself, and a few others - notably Jaraxle yesterday, and the Archmagus Artelis Rad'laikum over many months, as well as others of the mercenary caste we were able to use to assist us, inimical demon gods and other alien forces have been prevented from seizing power, and the process to ensure that there is a Spider Queen in place has begun. We should see in a matter of weeks if not days, whether we have been entirely successful but we believe so.

The new queen is not named Lolth - but by acting quickly and decisively enough, it was possible to place a new mortal being at the centre of the Demonweb who might be subsumed by the very nature of the faith and belief in the Spider Queen, and the structure of the Web, and therefore be able to act in all ways as the Queen of the past did. Lolth's vast power and the memory of divinity in her throne at the centre have ensured that her replacement can take on her qualities.

Had we not acted as we did, one of several Demon Gods vying for the right would have seized the throne - Mashen'la of the Frosted Blade, god of the silver folk, being the one whom most of you are aware of. Any such divine presence would have dispensed with the values of the drowe, and brought their own qualities to the fore, ensuring devastation and carnage for the drowe peoples.

I am sorry that so many were left uninformed of these changes before the conclusive acts were taken. Without clear proof to show, many loyal to the Queen would have been tempted to view us as liars and betrayers, which would have damaged our chances of success - which as you have heard, was utterly critical to achieve, for all our sakes. Being ruled by, for example, a fiery demon of flames and berserk warfare, would not have served us well.

Aerlisseroth chose this path, with guidance from me, and to achieve it has ended himself. He still fights now, against maddened, rudderless yochlol who know not what they seek but to cling to power that is not theirs - but he will not return from that fight, unless he is reborn. By interposing himself he has given the new Queen a chance to rise.

-
M
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Redders
post Sep 18 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #2

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 35

So, my Consort left a while ago and I did not notice - strange.

Who is this mortal that you have chossen to replace her. I assume Mistress Moraine was consulted?

AIII
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:56 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins