IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Magistrate Positions for IM1018 - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Magistrate Positions for IM1018
draco
post Jan 10 2018, 03:03 PM
Post #21

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

Rangar,

I am afraid your ill-advised and untimely comment shows your ignorance when it comes to the law. Our duty as magistrate is to uphold the laws of the empire and protect its people, these people have the right to choose their path and it is not for us to take that freedom away from them. While I would never utilise such powers, I also understand that it is not my right as a member of nobility or as a magistrate to judge people when they have not broken the law of the empire. Our legions have divisions of undead (yes there are people who would disagree with certain actions taken by certain people but this is not the time for an argument), the nightsoil payed a great sacrifice to serve the empire for all eternity, and our magistrate general is himself undead, and one of the most loyal people that I know.

Remember that our lands are made up of people from all walks of life and within Central Halgar stands the cathedrals of two Evil, Imperial, Faiths that serve to uphold our laws. Be careful of your words and consider your audience in the future brother Knight.

Yours

Stef

--------------------
James Isteed

Isteed.Labyrinthe@outlook.com

(the big one)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jan 10 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #22

Legend

Member No.: 52

Oh dearz.

Da champion of da lite didunt no dat Louis was once one of da Iron & Empire lot.

Stil made mez smile.

Zaton.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Jan 10 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #23

Hero

Member No.: 98

Rangar,

Given what you have just said, I do not believe you to be the right man for such a job.

You have just allowed personal faith to distort your understanding.

The faith of Iron and Empire is one of the main churches of our empire, it's main center is in the central court yard in halgar along with the church of glass and the church of dead hero's.

The members of this faith uphold the great freedom and help all by hunting those who break the empires laws. The fact that a member of this faith looks to become a journeyman magistrate is logical and completely agreeable given the motivation behind it.

Judge the facts, not the belief...

Link,
Imperial wayfinder.

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 10 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #24

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,369

QUOTE(iainwimble @ Jan 10 2018, 03:03 PM) *
Rangar

Do you know that the Head Of The Covenant is A Undead as it has been pointed out by others openly.

I have met you two times and I will be very very surprised if anyone gave you a Magistrate placement, you only really think of your own options and not the great protection of others.

Threatening people because they draw on evil or dark powers can be redeem by your hand just shows your one sided nature.

I was there when you offered up part of the Nagrach Crystal to a Demon to save your own soul which then would of caused a much wider problem for the empire.

But who can forget when the rest of the party argued you was wrong to hand over the crystal you handed over 100 or 1000 souls that was trusted into your care to the demon instead.

You could over handed over your single soul and that would of been then end of it.

I am sorry for speaking up for everyone to see but this creature called Rangar is a danger to the people of primus and the lands.

Flock
Magistrate Journeyman

Flock,

I made no threat to the church; being against what they stand for is not a declaration of war. Redemption does not have to result in their ultimate destruction; they can be converted to the light

I don't have to like the appointment of a dark-hearted undead to positions of power, I will still follow the law.

I was not aware that the Nagrech crstal was quite so powerful and you will be pleased to know that this can no longer be a threat to Primus. It has been repurposed at considerable cost to my own and my family's wealth spending a vast fortune on its repurposing. Not that I care for such material wealth anymore but purely stated here as a fact.

I don't believe you have remembered the events that led to handing over 900 souls to Crolun quite correctly. Suffice to say not only did this prevent war on Primus at the time but myself and a group of likeminded mercenaries chased Crolun across primus for many months and destroyed him on Primus. I solely followed him to the imbaiu demon plane, destroyed him on his own plane so that he may never return and in doing so sacrificed my full vitae. I returned a tortured creature having had my soul torn to a 1,000 pieces and when I turned on the wheel my soul was put back together from these tortured shreds so that I may deliver the greater good and bring light to the world.

These actions were all completed before my turning on the wheel and I don't believe we have travelled together since my turning on the wheel. Forgive me if I am wrong.

Rangar the Blacksmith, gatherer of wealth and personal fortune is no more.

I know the mercenary community equally struggles with my changed nature. Those that are light of heart do not understand my life's ambition / role as a redeemer of souls and / or my willingness to give them a chance to be redeemed and brought over to the light and those of dark-heart do not understand my position to bring light to the world including the darkest places.

This matters not; the opinion of yourself, Penny, and the various others that have told me that I am a danger to Primus are of no importance to me. If I am not wanted as a magistrate that is fine the law needs to be upheld by people that the mercenary community can believe will act justly. I would act justly but I do not expect given the discontent exhibited here that my appointment would be made.

I am aware of my sins and I pray constantly to my god for forgiveness and the answer is always the same, I must walk this tortured path so that my soul is redeemed, I walk this path that leads many to despise and distrust me so that I can redeem the fallen, the tortured, the undead that do not belong on the plane of undeath or trapped in a demonic realm being tortured for power. Of course it is my wish to see every soul brought to the light.

It should be noted I have never broken the law, I have never threatened Primus in anyway and my actions are now and forever more aimed at achieving the greater good. I am aware more than most just how dark things can get before the light dawns.

Rangar
Champion of Light
Hell's Gatekeeper

--------------------
Richard Eden (Possibly human maybe a vampire)
General Arkus (Toy Soldier Mystic)
Rangar (YO YO - Vitae bleeder)
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jan 10 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #25

Hero

Member No.: 87

I remember what happened and why but I chose not to say more on the matter but I can release the information to show how rash the Rangar The Blacksmith was........

But as you have a new body and a new chance let’s see how things go before you lay blame at your own gods feet and say I did what my god deemed right.

Flock

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Jan 10 2018, 03:54 PM
Post #26

Hero

Member No.: 112

Can we have a clarification on what you mean by 'redeem' Ragnar?

As somebody who has been a victim of racially motivated violence during my career as a mercenary it upsets me see such hate speech being bandied about.

It is quite possible in the same way that I am quite happy being an evil demon that there are people who are quite happy being an evil undead and have no need of your 'redemption'. Should your offer be refused do you then engage in non consensual 'redemption'?

In the 4th age is it really your place to inflict your distinctly 2nd age views on them?

Thanks

Q

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 10 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #27

Mercenary

QUOTE(Ryan @ Jan 10 2018, 03:00 PM) *
Rangar,

Please consider your application for Journeyman Magistrate declined.

Louis Athanyn
Covenant

Louis,

Not a problem but it does show that even those in control of the law are willing to allow personal prejudice to interfere with the application of the law.

The law should be applied regardless of personal slant and it should be just.

I would have been willing to follow and apply the law fairly and justly regardless of the nature of those dictating it or committing the crime.

I believe the law is for the greater good.

I don't have to like you, your nature or yours or anyone else's church to serve the law or anyone else for that matter. The mercenary community too often confuses liking something / someone with actually achieving a given aim.

I don't care if I am liked or not but I would have seen justice done fairly.

The law needs to be just and not meted out by people who will use the law as an excuse for cruelty if that is the case which it may or may not be.

There is too much darkness in the world as it is.

Rangar
Champion of Light
Hell's Gatekeeper

--------------------
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
SiDeards
post Jan 10 2018, 04:02 PM
Post #28

Mercenary

Member No.: 608

Im a nobody, but who is this Ragnar guy? seems to have a high opinion of himself....

Surely not the type of person we should have in a position of power, would almost guess hes the type to think what he can personally gain before putting the interests of the empire first...

oh dear....

Leon
Shadowed Hand of the Empire
28th Imperial Legionnaire
Iron and Empire

--------------------
Thade - Ebony Fire Winter Rogue / Ebony & Jade Wizard
Gast - Mantic Chromatic Immortal Half Elf Wizard
Geist - Iron & Empire Dark Spirit of Glass
Hiro - Definitely not an Assassin
Skarlon - Tryst Noclo Warrior with Spirit innates
Simon - St Michael Paladin

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 10 2018, 04:06 PM
Post #29

Mercenary

QUOTE(RichardCraig @ Jan 10 2018, 03:54 PM) *
Can we have a clarification on what you mean by 'redeem' Ragnar?

As somebody who has been a victim of racially motivated violence during my career as a mercenary it upsets me see such hate speech being bandied about.

It is quite possible in the same way that I am quite happy being an evil demon that there are people who are quite happy being an evil undead and have no need of your 'redemption'. Should your offer be refused do you then engage in non consensual 'redemption'?

In the 4th age is it really your place to inflict your distinctly 2nd age views on them?

Thanks

Q

Q,

you have hit the proverbial nail on the head, everyone assumes redemption requires the destruction of the undead, or the death of the individual. This just is not the case redemption can be voluntarily obtained through prayer and action. I would be willing to convert their very nature from dark of heart to the light. The problem is everyone is automatically assuming my type of redemption is through violence and through force if this was the only option how would this be true redemption?

I ask only for volunteers to learn the path of light.

Everyone appears to be thinking this is a declaration of war and or a final solution. This is the problem with others way of thinking and the general thoughts of many in the mercenary community and that's why a new way of thinking is required. The law needs applying fairly and justly for all.

Thanks

Rangar

--------------------
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Jan 10 2018, 04:22 PM
Post #30

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

QUOTE(Trickyz @ Jan 10 2018, 02:44 PM) *
Joram,

It is not for me to question those that make the law but personally I hope that no one of your church is appointed as a journeyman magistrate. It is inherently wrong to appoint a creature of dark heart to a position that involves applying justice and the law. Whilst you may follow the law I believe the law also requires a just and fair hand as this is for the greater good of all.

If your church wants redemption and its members want redemption and this is the reason for you making such a call then I have some understanding for your actions. If this is just a way to legally commit acts of cruelty then I am whole heartedly against you, your church and everything you stand for.

If your church contains members of the undead I also request that you offer them redemption by my hand, I am willing to redeem your undead members for the great light so that their sins may be forgiven and they may transcend to the light and bring the greater good and light to the world. The undead that can be, need to be redeemed; their souls need to be shown and passed to the light so that they may pass peacefully onto their proper after life when their time comes and they have proven their true worth as agents of the light.

Your undead members may contact me privately should they wish for their souls to be redeemed and brought to the light.

Rangar
The Champion of Light
Hell's Gatekeeper

Rangar

Can I say publically in response to your words, on behalf of the Church of Iron and Empire that any undead members, myself included, decline your kind offer of redemption.

Anyone wishing redemption in the Church can gain such through giving up their darkness in to the natural cleanser of Primus.

After this response I will not be drawn in to a further debate here as this is not the right place. If anyone wishes to have a rational discussion regarding such matters please contact me privately.

Lord Ashgaroth Felldraken of the Isle
Head of House Felldraken
Lord of the Felldraken Isle
High Priest of Iron and Empire
Fellow of the Order of Glass
Magriarch of the Treaty of Gressen
Centeriarch of Bildteve

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jan 10 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #31

Hero

Can I ask why you just offered your Redeeming to the Church Of Iron And Empire and no one else ?.

How about offering to the below:

Church Of Dead Heroes
Tryst (who you just said famously that you hunted down one of there Imbaiu masters and killed it).

Flock

+Quote Post
Orlock
post Jan 10 2018, 04:39 PM
Post #32

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,807

As I have said, I am not one to inflict suffering and the assumptions that to one the same coin is repugnant and ignorant of myself and my church.

We offer swift justice 'only' to those who deserve it and we have dedicated our minds, body and souls to this aim - which is more than I can say for some.

I am not cruel nor do I inflict cruelty - but I will offer my sword to deal with any and all threats to the Empire gladly without feeling to need to consider redemption nor mediation.

The law is the law and if a fellow citizen is found guilty of atrocities and threatening our beautiful Empire then they should be punished and the threat removed.

I would happily stand side by side any fellow being of primus, angels, white mages - anybody - whose heart and intentions are lawful and who will stand with me to do this without any malice or ill will.

We do not have to agree on many things, but I will always offer 'respect' to all citizens regardless of their status or beliefs be they peasant or noble, living or dead.

I certainly did not intend to offend nor you will note, did I offer you the bliss of eternal living undeath and to realise the true potential of your darker self as that is a journey you must and seek, not inflict.

It is also worrying that individuals put their own beliefs in front of the protection of the Empire, the law and our lesser able civilians and in response to my missive I am offered a swift death and worse ?!?

How is this right ?

I was hoping to create a dialogue and not receive such ridiculous assumptions about myself and my intentions. I use my abilities to protect, not to harm and certainly not to gain any personal wealth or power.

I have died for the Empire and would gladly do so again, I would die for any one of YOU to protect YOUR rights as honest and upright citizens if you were threatened.

If the Empress commands that I shall receive 'redemption' as you put it then I will gladly face the light but until that time, I shall obey her commands and deal with Outlaws as I see fit within the law.

I will no longer be commenting on this here, I have made my submission and received only prejudice in return.

I shall be in my Church quarters praying that we are successful in our ongoing plight and that balance is maintained in all decisions.

Until then, I bid all Magistrate applicants the very best of luck and I look forward to working for you and with you in the future.

Joram Hellion

--------------------
James Pink

"“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it”"

Soul Forger : Dagda Sonnlinor 3900 points
Soul Forger : Emdar Deepfinder Paladin 1500 points
Earthsunder : Blackthorn Druid 500 points
The Hovel : Cain, Witch 1195 points
Church of Iron & Empire : Joram Blacksmith 7k
Church of Iron & Empire / 18th Legion : Blackstones Black Unholy Champion 2k
Shaehan : Luke 2400 points
Roarke 5k

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 10 2018, 04:40 PM
Post #33

Legend

Member No.: 242

Im absolutely sure the offer is open generally, its just Iron and Empire were here trying to reassure people of kind heart that their great swathe of power within the Empire was of no danger to them. Ragnar meerly made it clear that not everyone is taken in by honeyed words and skilled rhetoric. Its not like anyone has responded in a way not to prove him right.

Tobias.

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 10 2018, 04:53 PM
Post #34

Mercenary

QUOTE(iainwimble @ Jan 10 2018, 04:32 PM) *
Can I ask why you just offered your Redeeming to the Church Of Iron And Empire and no one else ?.

How about offering to the below:

Church Of Dead Heroes
Tryst (who you just said famously that you hunted down one of there Imbaiu masters and killed it).

Flock

Flock,

I am happy to make this offer to any undead soul that seeks redemption should they wish it.

I did kill a demonic lord and it is no secret that I did kill Crolun as he was a threat to Primus and I believe has been for some considerable time.

Rangar

--------------------
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 10 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #35

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Trickyz @ Jan 10 2018, 02:44 PM) *
Joram,

It is not for me to question those that make the law but personally I hope that no one of your church is appointed as a journeyman magistrate. It is inherently wrong to appoint a creature of dark heart to a position that involves applying justice and the law.

Rangar
The Champion of Light
Hell's Gatekeeper

Really?

Kei-Ry
Baron of Netherwell
Magistrate of Thimon

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jan 10 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #36

Hero

Thank you for clearing that up, sorry to all for there wasted time.

I will not say no more on the matter and good luck for the future.

Flock

+Quote Post
SiDeards
post Jan 10 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #37

Mercenary

QUOTE(Onasuma @ Jan 10 2018, 04:40 PM) *
Im absolutely sure the offer is open generally, its just Iron and Empire were here trying to reassure people of kind heart that their great swathe of power within the Empire was of no danger to them. Ragnar meerly made it clear that not everyone is taken in by honeyed words and skilled rhetoric. Its not like anyone has responded in a way not to prove him right.

Tobias.

Oh dear another one....

Our "Great swathe of power" as you put it is only and I do mean only ever used for the "good" of the empire..

It is only a danger to those who would seek harm, treason and disaster to our great Empire.

Without light there cannot be darkness, without evil there cannot be good etc etc.

We are a necessity, like it or not, we who work often in the shadows, are spat upon, hunted by zealots and heretics, cast aside, despised and generally downtrodden are a necessity to keep the common man woman and child safe at night in their beds.

Yes it is not solely our responsibility, and often it is not always us, bit we are here, undead or demon or something entirely else, yes we are dark of heart, but ours is a darkness and bitterness often aimed within ourselves, used to fuel and push us forward to the greatness of this Empire and our Empress.

We seek no "Redemption" other than that which our faith and our masters and offer us, any offer of a false "Redemption" quite frankly is an insult, maybe is Ragnar who needs to be redeemed, redeemed of his antiquated views.

This is a modern world we live in, move with the times, black and white become grey.

Leon
Shadowed Hand of the Empire
28th Imperial Legionnaire
Iron and Empire

--------------------

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 10 2018, 05:20 PM
Post #38

Legend

We also arent taken in by unskilled rhetoric either, Leon, but I appreciate you thought you might try to a different tactic.

Tobias.

+Quote Post
SiDeards
post Jan 10 2018, 05:24 PM
Post #39

Mercenary

I guess you are unable to comprehend our necessity or maybe it just scares you to think that not all good is done solely by those of light heart...

I feel pity for your closed mind Tobias.

Leon

--------------------

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 10 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #40

Legend

Oh no, its not about your morality. Its specifically your church and the mockery of the Empire and Empress by its existence. Im an acolyte of Dead Heroes and have a begruding respect for Churches like The Tryst for their work in limiting the harm that monsters do to Primus. You lot though? You try to honour a kind-hearted champion of light by cruel deeds and then pat yourself on the back telling yourself your actions are needed. Wash off your eyeliner and realise that you're an insult to the legacy of Primus' greatest heroes.

Tobias

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:44 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins