IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Letter recovered on Sunsday - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Letter recovered on Sunsday
Christine
post Oct 14 2014, 10:20 AM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 110

Right, so here's the letter to Denlock from Silver that we found on that altar, along with the black magic ritual object - don't know who's got that though. Spelling errors are all as in the original, I'm guessing Denlock was the weedy looking bloke spooking around the walls who we killed. This chap Silver was the one that the spirit of that woman from the Sorcerors said was in charge. She also said that their aims was "buildup death transport", which fits in with what Rashid found out about their greatest enemies being people from Primus who'd fought them in the past.

I was able to translate the script on the ritual box after reading the two versions of the letter, and Sergeant Crepitus and I worked out what all the unpleasant things bound to them were and countered them. There was some sort of death poison smoke inside a bottle which was in the box, along with the missing papers about Languaire. I've given the originals back to those historical documents people they were pinched from, and I'll write you out a copy.

Liara

Denlock,

I have began tentative negotiations with a number of the Shadow Stalkers, they are vary weary but as out strength continues to grow I am sure we will get them to turn to our side. I have crafted a powerful ritual object and infused it with black magic. Please take it to the southern most cove on the stretch of mountains on the west coast. I will grant you a force to take with you to ensure its safe arrival. Up and over the mountains can be a perilous task, hence I am not going myself again.

I have taken great pleasure in writing this in ritual script since your balls up showed you have still yet to master the finer points of it.

Master Fentell Silver
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christine
post Oct 14 2014, 10:27 AM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 110

And here's the documents.

Liara

A Brief Report on the Realm of Languaire

By Martin Fanlow

IM 984

Following the discovery of the weakness to the east of Alguz i begin investigation in to the causes of this anomaly. It took a number of weeks working with the best mittlesmith I could find, Randell Jerrik, following a faint and almost impossible to trace path through the nacht and eventually came to a world I later discovered known as Languire.

The world is rich in resources; all land seems extremely fertile, crops grow easily and the harvest is always plentiful. Mines and quarries produce more metal and stone then they people need and the seas are plentiful. Due to this the world has come under a number of attacks over the years and they have taken a number of measures to defend themselves and are very distrusting of any off worlders.

From what I can gather there are 7 main factions upon the world, they work and trade together for the benefit of all. There is a ruling council made up of a representative from each group. Details on each group as follows:

Mountain Folk

Race: Alfar

Within the Mountain Spine that curves its way down the centre of the island live the Mountain Folk, these hardy Alfar type live and work off the mountains, breeding goats on the surface and mining minerals down below. They also produce a roaring trade in mushrooms that grow under ground, many of which have strange an unusual properties.

Within the centre of the mountains lay the endless caverns, a mystical place where the caves never seems to end, they are impossible to map as they are forever changing. No one is really sure how or why but they are the quickest and easiest way to cross from east to west of the Languire without venturing up to the frozen peaks of the mountains.

House of Greenfold’s

Race: Human

Thenalode Rise is an island within the sheltered cove on the southwest corner of the land. A larger hill that rises up and out of the sea it has become the main human settlement in the land. House Greenfold rules it and it its believed that if you trace back far enough all of the people are related somehow.

The city has grown now such that the island can not support all the people and 2 large bridges have been built to the mainland north and south of the island. New buildings and workable land continue to be built here inside the large walls built to keep out the flesh feeders.

Thenalode is, so the stories go, the original founder of this world, the man who shaped it in to being many centuries ago.

Shadow Stalkers

Race: Dark elf

The Western coast of the island is full of jagged and dangerous rocks and cliffs, some where within these live a group so called the Shadow Stalkers. They use to just be known as the Dark elf’s but about 30 years back with change of leadership they decided on new more menacing name. No one is sure why really.

They are perhaps the most paranoid and distrusting of all groups, however, within the caverns they control they are able to produce a lot of magical gems, either gems that lend themselves to magic being bound to them or that come out of the ground empowered. They trade these for much of what they need.

Islanders

Race: ½ Aquatic elf

Islands to the North of the main land

These folk are fishermen that travel in and around the islands that are to the north of the land. Small family who all work together helping each other and trade what they catch or find.

The Fanalaire family who live on one of the larger islands explore out in to the seas, they will report back a strange phenomenon that should you sail toward the end of the world you are turned around and sail back in without noticing. The first you tend to notice is when land comes in to site.

Dwellers of the Deep

Race: Dwarfs

On the east side of the island there is a natural feature that has become home to a group of dwarf’s. There is a huge circle whole Pit that appears to descend for eternity, certainly the dwarfs have never found the bottom of it. It is about 100yards in diameter and a spiral staircase has started to be built inside it leading down. Coming off of it and in to the walls are caverns dug by the dwarf’s mining the rich vein’s of ore that run our from the centre. Much of the surface around the pit has been quarried out as well due to the exceptional quality and workable stone that it produces.

The stories that Dwarfs have is that the Towering Pit was created by Thenolode when he shaped the world here, he placed deep down within the spark of life that now feeds out in to the all the world giving everyone what they need.

The dwarfs themselves like trade amongst all the group and probably are the ones who have worked the hardest in forming and keeping an alliance between all the different groups.

Haldarmen

Race: Ent/Tree like

On the South west coast is the Vash Haldar Forest a huge towering creeping forest that is home to the Haldarmen. A group of pine warrior type tree men who live and work in and amongst the forest. It is also rumoured that fey creature reside within the glades of the woods although these have never been seen by those outside.

The woods are the main source of workable timber in the world and although happy to trade there are only a small number of Haldarmen that feel happy dealing with folk from other groups.

Cold Sun Tribe

Race: Winter Alfar

Upon a huge mountain to the north west of the island live the Cold Sun tribe, mainly based at the top of the mountain this tribe live for and enjoy the long cold winter days where the sun shines but you are not really able to feel its warmth. They don’t actually like snow and blizzards and believe they need to worship the sun to keep it away.

They are the least developed/civilised of all the groups but make the most ferocious hunters and killers. Much of their time is spent venturing down the mountain and hunting the flesh feasters across the land. They are generally hired by the other groups to fight them. This is aided by when any of the group die off the mountain their essence is reformed back on the mountain peak the next time the sun rises there.

The land between the cities is fairly dangerous, creatures known as flesh feeders hunt in packs, consuming all that they kill.

Unbeknown to all the residents, The land of Languire was actually once part of Primus that was ruled over by a King Thenalode, he was a wise scholar and powerful ritualist. In the lead up to the dawn of the first age Thenalode realised that a monumental change was coming to him and his land. He spent a frantic year studying and working on ways to protect or ward his land from the effects of the dawn, not wanting his wealthy and well running land to change, a change that he could sense would bring disharmony and chaos.

As the dawn approached he was unable to find a way to ward his land directly, his best hope was to pull the kingdom off primus for the passing of the dawn with the plan to return it shortly after. The Kingdom was successfully removed but on the 2nd day when it was due to return it was unable to. Thenalode could not figure out how or why it wasn’t been drawn back but set about working a solution. Years past and no solution was found, the world was able to help thanks to Thenalode’s strength and ritual might, being powerful enough to create life within the world that otherwise should be dead by now. However more and more of his time was taken up performing these rites rather than working on a way to return. Also, creatures were beginning to form up out of the mist that the kingdom was in. Creatures that wanted to feed off of the supernaturally supported life that was being sustained by Thenalode.

Eventually time, life and guilt for the death sentence he had given to his loyal subjects caught up with Thenalode, no more could he keep doing what he was doing and sought to complete one final ritual. On the turning of the 15th dawn since the start of the first age, Thenalode sacrificed himself in to the land, at the point that is now The Towering Pit, to keep the land safe and living feeding off the power of the nacht around them and his last ties to Primus.

This was all common knowledge at the time but in the nearly 1000 years that have past since the story has been verbally past on and as the groups split with out his unifying force so the story was changed a bit so each group has its own flavour to the history. The part that it was once part of Primus has been forgotten and the current residence always view it as their own realm.

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Oct 14 2014, 10:48 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 111

QUOTE(Christine @ Oct 14 2014, 11:20 AM) *
don't know who's got that though.

Probably "Grabber" the genie.

Mulch

+Quote Post
AndrewBucknell
post Oct 14 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #4

Hero

Member No.: 95

That's rashid to you!!

I have it safe in the cave of wonders where no one can scry about it but I can pull it out when needed. Or if we find the right person to give it to. Whatever my master wants.

Rashid

+Quote Post
Martinj
post Oct 14 2014, 12:17 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 734

Liara,

Thanks for copying this out. Would you mind sending me a copy of the script - just in case!

Darius Slake

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Oct 14 2014, 02:51 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 111

QUOTE(AndrewBucknell @ Oct 14 2014, 12:33 PM) *
That's rashid to you!!

You have a rash? Eugh... dirty.

Mulch

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:52 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins