IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Day of the Fallen Hero - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Day of the Fallen Hero
Christine
post Apr 12 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 110

Apologies for the interruption, but there's a fellow going around hiring mercenaries for a trip to the Torsland Dales on Moonday, which is the Day of the Fallen Hero - that's the shadow day of Adversity, if I recall, which I do.

Because making bad decisions is also what I do, I'm going along, and I wondered if anyone here might know anything more about the shadow day - anything particular to be observed if we had any of your faith with us, or anything untoward that we might expect.

Liara
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheFury
post Apr 13 2017, 12:04 AM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 61

From what I recall:

They will find it harder to put themselves in way to save you from a blow, otherwise they will likely be just a bit down.

I recommend bringing a nice rum or port to help lift their spirits. it's an emotional time for everyone, a lot of us use this time to celebrate those that strive to bring hope to those we love regardless of the obstacles in our path.

Particularly the story of Francis is often read. A simple man who brought hope to a land that was lacking it, near lost to Despair. He traveled in an attempt to save the woman he loved from being sacrificed to Despair. The Shadow Day marks the day on which he died sacrificing himself in defense of her on this alter.

The story can be seen to end with a negative. However I would not see this Shadow Day as a weakness of our faith. Francis died for what he loves and in no way is this weakness, I choose to take this day to reflect on the good that comes from adversity and the hope that comes from it.

While this is only a brief summary I trust that it will be helpful to you.

Lucian Flyn

--------------------
Attention randomly typing monkeys.
The reply button does not dispense bananas. That is all.

+Quote Post
Christine
post Apr 13 2017, 07:01 AM
Post #3

Legend

Thank you Lucian, that's exactly the sort of thing I meant.

Liara

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Apr 13 2017, 07:35 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 574

Liara, sadly I can't join you.

Lucien has covered most but might be relevant when the Sermons are taken and the story of Francis is read traditionally all of the candles in the Temples are extinguished except the one on the Alter which signifies where he began his fight against the powers of the Goddess of Despair on her Alter steps. These ritual actions that have been observed over the decades are often more significant than people believe.

Maybe if you hear the story in full you could take it back to some of your Temples - seems fitting that he should receive some recognition as a Dead Hero.

Quintus

+Quote Post
Christine
post Apr 13 2017, 08:14 AM
Post #5

Legend

Cheers Quintus. Not my temples, bit difficult, but I'll see what can be done. Of course, it's the Dales so we might all get torn to bits by hippo-men, or break our neck tripping over a pile of artefacts. You just never know. Assuming that doesn't happen and it's something you might find interesting, i'll report back.

Liara

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:43 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins