Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Snow Day Post!, Worst death ever...
Carlo
post Dec 2 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

Ok, A foot of snow outside some of our houses, which apparently will all be gone tomorrow... So i'm going to move the Friday post to today while some of us are of work :-)

Inspired by a previous thread...

What was your worst or funniest death ever. Ryan probably has about a dozen, so if there is more than one feel free.

Carlo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Dec 2 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 574

For me the funniest was watching Aarons brown and ebony wizard warrior thing be beaten to death by a gnome 6... he had all the answers!

I have got too many rubbish deaths to possibly go through.

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Dec 2 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 48

The last encounter of some dungeon (I can't remember which, I think it was a Son Of production) when I confidently came up with a plan to Enhanced Stasis the deadly warding. Latona shifts across it, I Enhanced Stasis it - ref points out that I've overcast, Latona emerges from behind the ward absolutely fine, I'm dead on the floor.

Bad times.

Matt

+Quote Post
Kirsty
post Dec 2 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 888

Playing my witch and come across an object inside a warding. It's only me and Jez in the room, I check for spirits on the ward and it comes up no. Jez then just brazenly puts his hand across to rec spirit on the object inside, setting off a Malevolent Dynamo on both of us!!!

Lame death but absolutley hilarious!!!

--------------------
If you need anything de-trapping... call the Marchants...

+Quote Post
post Dec 2 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #5

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(Carlo @ Dec 2 2010, 12:26 PM) *
What was your worst or funniest death ever. Ryan probably has about a dozen, so if there is more than one feel free.

Max 500-ish dungeon reffed by Pete Walls, I'm playing my ratfolk druid. The party have been limping along with not enough healing and are generally in a bad way, partly because I've lied about how much healing I have left in order to reduce the party Gyth to a state where he's too wounded to stop me PKing him.

We see a plank suspended on two blocks of wood in front of us, phys-repping a bridge. Before you can say "that looks suspicious" the party red wizard rushes ahead to cross it - and sets off the biggest fire-based trap you can imagine.

Perms 2/3 of the party, and leaves two scouts with their eyes burned out wandering helplessly round the dungeon.

Lucy

+Quote Post
aaaarrrggh
post Dec 2 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #6

Heldsman

Member No.: 91

I've had loads but a particular classic was being snuck up on by a zombie in broad daylight at J6. It was a zombie doing 6 though.

Henry

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirsty
post Dec 2 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

QUOTE(Ryan @ Dec 2 2010, 12:39 PM) *
For me the funniest was watching Aarons brown and ebony wizard warrior thing be beaten to death by a gnome 6... he had all the answers!

I have got too many rubbish deaths to possibly go through.

You didn't quite die but one of the funniest moments was when you were playing Bran on an overland, you spirit shift in behind a monster ready to quad him to death with your daggers. As you do that the monster falls over dead and out the way, just as one of MCC's arrows comes perfectly straight towards your chest!!! It's like time slowed down and there was that look of 'oh [----]*!!! 6 through!!!

Don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Dec 2 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 574

QUOTE(Kirsty @ Dec 2 2010, 12:48 PM) *
You didn't quite die but one of the funniest moments was when you were playing Bran on an overland, you spirit shift in behind a monster ready to quad him to death with your daggers. As you do that the monster falls over dead and out the way, just as one of MCC's arrows comes perfectly straight towards your chest!!! It's like time slowed down and there was that look of 'oh [----]*!!! 6 through!!!

Don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life!!!

That would have been classic if my combat wary was used, would have killed me and MCC as he was also ICOB! I almost wanted to over battleboard just to get mark. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Kirsty
post Dec 2 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Oh and the classic...

5 monsters, 2 snap traps each in their hands. Each snap trap does 10%TBLP to anyone in a 10ft radius.

Boom.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flanners
post Dec 2 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #10

Mercenary

Member No.: 74

QUOTE(Kirsty @ Dec 2 2010, 12:51 PM) *
Oh and the classic...

5 monsters, 2 snap traps each in their hands. Each snap trap does 10%TBLP to anyone in a 10ft radius.

Boom.

Haha...a bit naughty, but funny nevertheless!

LoL myths - Richard Craig, short fire Stairway to Death blows.
Lol myths - MCC - 4 Pure Mantic Chill of the wind Sever blows.
Lol myths - MCC 'And....Annihilation Fabadon!' from 30' away!
Lol myths - sonof 'a big black thing of destruction's just died and killls you all'
Lol myths - sonof 'true name of the destoyer...your dead if your not ressed in a minute!'

I was laughing my socks off every day!!!!!

They're all probably bettered by Gimli dying twice in 5 minutes (gotta love seeing him run away,) the mass cull by the silver folk, or Easton being dead by 700 TBLP from the balrog all on the same myths!

The Dave Fisher/Will Power myths in 04 had some pretty hilarious deaths...Tim Dallen dying to Conan as the same monster twice inside a few minutes, but mostly Ryan screaming Imrazil and then dying straight away!

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Dec 2 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #11

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

QUOTE(Kirsty @ Dec 2 2010, 12:51 PM) *
Oh and the classic...

Boom.

Snigger. They were all alive again 5 minutes later smile.gif

My worst death has to be as my elf being killed by a monster in spiritform.
Funniest I suppose would be the time I killed myself as my hospitaller with a dagger I'd filched about three hours earlier just in case I needed it. Well, I found it funny anyway.

J

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Dec 2 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #12

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

Using Speed of Thought to jump between the assassin and Ignatius. Only to realise that whilst Matt could take two sevens to the back, I couldn't.

Oops.

--------------------
- Rebecca
PS: My inbox is full on purpose. Please email stantz[at]gmail[dot]com if you need to get hold of me.
PPS: I just published my debut novel (:O) - check it out here if you like historical fantasy! - https://goo.gl/9YFgyL

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Dec 2 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #13

Hero

Member No.: 48

It's the thought that counts. smile.gif

Matt

+Quote Post
post Dec 2 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #14

Group:
Member No.: 0

On the worst (rather than funniest) deaths front, I think I hold the (possibly) unassailable title of "Most frequently party-killed by members of own church on Elbereth Guild Specials".

I can't remember if it's three or four times, but I do remember Gordon using two salmon leaps to get to me on one occasion.

Lucy

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Dec 2 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #15

Hero

Member No.: 242

Best one I ever had was me while monstering. I was a hedge wizard who'd been paralysed by the party ghoul who had then been killed by my mates. The party decided another one would be helpful, so dragged my body out of the room and laid me down. "Single single" to the head, and I got discerned on with the responce "no wounded spirit present." They then proceeded to try and summon a ghoul with my body but of course Im still alive so it failed. The party went "Huh" and after another few blows to the head, tried again. Thing was I had a plate up so they were doing pretty much no damage, but I was immune to the discerns.

Peter Long

+Quote Post
giles
post Dec 2 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #16

Legend

Member No.: 68

Funniest I think was the five or so Gythanki, a dark elf and an Elbereth priest.
None of the gythanki know each other is a gyth and and we manage one encounter before it all kicks off.
Think the Elbereth priest was the only one who made it out alive once we'd all killed each other.

Giles.

+Quote Post
sonof
post Dec 2 2010, 02:39 PM
Post #17

GSM

Member No.: 54

Mr Pants dying on myths as his budoka is still great.
He's kneeling in front of Benita down 78 life, she's prepping the total.
Monsters have arrows flying everywhere. Someone shoots and the two warriors in front of pants step out of the way of the incoming arrow and it hits pants square in the chest killing him.

Easton stepping over 3 major wards that everyone knew were there was great as well.

Lee

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Dec 2 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #18

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(giles @ Dec 2 2010, 02:34 PM) *
Funniest I think was the five or so Gythanki, a dark elf and an Elbereth priest.
None of the gythanki know each other is a gyth and and we manage one encounter before it all kicks off.
Think the Elbereth priest was the only one who made it out alive once we'd all killed each other.

Giles.

You forgot the Dunatis priest. Who got killed by the elbereth priest, after he tried halting the dark elf in the middle of a fight (with a scroll).

Crazy times, a massively fun day though! That was Bradleys first ever dungeon about 3 years ago, and im now like 10k, madness.

+Quote Post
aaaarrrggh
post Dec 2 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #19

Heldsman

Member No.: 91

QUOTE(giles @ Dec 2 2010, 02:34 PM) *

Giles.

That was a classic,

Henry

--------------------

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Dec 2 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #20

Hero

Member No.: 98

funniest that i was reffing for....

jez and kirsty in the above mentioned dynamo fiasco,

ryan playing his ivory wizard getting angry at a magical skull and plating to walk over a line of torment... d'oh...

or young players, fighting over a bell that does an area effect causing every time it rings.... all bar one of the group die... fun times smile.gif

T.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2018 - 06:06 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins