IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
A missive of friendship - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A missive of friendship
Ryan
post Jan 31 2018, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 574

Greetings Northerners,

It might be time to abandon my Ishmaic Holiday home and seek refuge in the North and saw there is indeed a large group of you already rallying under a banner to support and aid each other in times of need.

You may have heard some pretty awful things about me from the Empire - an organisation focused entirely on it's own agenda as well you all know. I will admit they took me in early on my arrival to Primus a poor little Refugee from a foreign world but after helping them secure their cities and their borders they cast me out for a wrong inflicted on Petulia Hylos... she ensured that became a wrong to the whole lot of them although I still don't see how. No thanks for Lomo for all of his hard work!

I won't lie I'm an outlaw in the Empire these days but you don't seem like the type to care about that and I also will be honest a move like this would be of very little interest to me if not for the fact that in the effort to protect it's borders Divine and Ritual Power of my God was shifted up here in the hope it would cause them no more problems. So we have decided to gain some sway here and make the best of the situation - work with those who like us see the Empire for the corruption it is and expand our roots here and make new friends. With time I am sure many Totems will comes to support and aid the Shadow but for now we just seek friends and we are willing to trade for that friendship.

So firstly to your leaders I am looking to join up, I assume this isn't a problem as I was stripped of my titles and exiled from the Empire and the rest all looks like stuff we agree on.

As new friends I am happy to share in power as well. Any of you who find yourselves open to it I will be available on the 18th Day of Februar to grant those who wish it the Touch of Certizal - this will not only empower you with some abilities but will let me know if any of you in the great beyond die and if willing shift your body to my side where I can get you back on your feet.

Love and Hugs.

Lomo Bandar Log
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Jan 31 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,812

Greetings Lomo.

My name is Nyx, guild head of the organisation you're seeking to join. An organisation not banded together through hatred of the Empire, but out of unity to protect our home land and ensure our freedom from any who wish to invade.

While our organisation is open to all bar those who hold positions within the Empire or those seeking to work on behalf of them against us, let it be known that no non violent truce will ever be made between the people here. The people are free and therefore free to disagree and resolve conflict how they see fit. So if it's security or some form of protection you are seeking, I'm not sure you will find it.

Would you please enlighten me as to who your god is? While the powers of the spiritual nature and all that aren't of particular use to me, I still find it of great interest where people choose to place their beliefs.

I hope we can speak again.

Nyx Frostbone

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jan 31 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #3

Greetings Nyx,

I can assure you I don’t need protection I simply like making friends and seeing as I might spend some time here I thought you were a good bunch to start with. If we disagree then we can talk or fight I’m easy really (unless I actually have to do the fighting - I have foresaken the use of weapons for 8 ranks of power.. not the best choice)... I’ll happily get someone to have a dust up on my behalf though.

Anyway I’m not your enemy is really my only point and I’m just looking for some new people to help... I can make potions, remove potent curses and restore people with spirits and magic. I’m sure you’ve got witches up here, you know how it works.

I am in the service of Certizal which the Empire choose to make a crime.. we believe that... erm... well look at it like this - It’s easier for a man to extinguish the light within himself than fight the darkness all around him... we like to help people realise that.

Maybe I can help protect your lands and in turn we can find a new home away from the Empires disapproving glares. Anyway you’re an open organisation so can I join? I thought it courteous to ask rather than assume... cos you know, making friends!

Lomo

+Quote Post
Abel
post Jan 31 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

Hi Lomo!

You probably don’t remember me, but I have been told I have one hell of a memory, and I definitely remember you, from my early days. Making friends, that’s not so true is it, I remember you complaining about how rubbish Bronze mana was and how much more reliable the spirits were at “making friends”. Enslaving people to your will is not making friends, even if you make them be friends with you after.

My people rely on the stories of the past to teach the young and many a story was told of the dark days of the First Evil, and exactly how bad this faith was to the world, like them or not the Empire is right to outcast your faith.

I was concerned about you and your motives then, I distrust you now, approaching us with half truths and veiled and evasive lies. I know for one that I would not like to see the North dancing to your tune, but maybe if you came with openness and sincerity my thoughts of you would be less narrow. And I am a very hard to lie to person Mr Lomo, and I haven’t even begun to use divinations yet.

Dipp

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 10k - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 9.8k Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 6.2k - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 4k - Far Northfolk True Awakener
Sosen Oku - 3.7k - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing/Jade Wiz)
Lt Benjamin Ford - 3.6k Nightsoil Comms Grey Knight
Moru - 3.1k - Twilight Elf Utility Wizard
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Jan 31 2018, 09:24 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

You have some... interesting... beliefs Lomo.

But you are absolutely correct, the guild is open to all of the North to join and any help in protecting it from the various threats we currently face should be welcomed.

I should warn you; villages and settlements have been consumed by the 'nacht and from what I understand, this threat is still making its way across our land.

Of course, no help from the Empire has been offered and we are trying to stop it ourselves but it's proving a tough fight. Ultimately, I wouldn't wonder too far if I were you.

Your courtesy is appreciated.

Nyx

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Jan 31 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

I have just learned of Dipp's concerns. I have heard stories of him and his memory, his skill at finding out the truth.

If his concerns prove to be valid Lomo, then I will not promise your presence here will be welcomed by any and I will not attempt to stop anybody who wants to drive you from our lands.

We have enough troubles to deal with without the worry of bronze magic or the First Evil.

It's not a threat. It's a truth.

I hope you are able to prove any doubt wrong.

Nyx

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post
PhilB
post Jan 31 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #7

Heldsman

Member No.: 6

Lomo Bandar Log

By my very creation I must not allow myself to be misunderstood. I am Jerico, the child of the holy crucible of fire, and I worship The Lady of the Stars.

You are a dark and depraved individual. Judgement and forgiveness is not mine to give - my task is to facilitate the opportunity for redemption.

Should I see you I will endeavour to place you within the Holy Crucible so that you may ask The Lady for forgiveness for your depraved existence. This process will likely prove fatal, but will give your eternal soul the chance for redemption.

This has nothing to do with the Empire or it’s laws - such laws are no concern of mine.

It is right that I tell you of my intent. If you wish me to provide you the chance for redemption so that the evil clawing at your very soul may be cleansed from you then please do ask.

Jerico.

+Quote Post
Kail
post Feb 1 2018, 07:50 AM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 644

Lomo, may I just say, welcome to the North.

Gunndrick Ironside

I believe it is important for a person to have the strength to take an insult. During the long winters we can't have people blowing up at each while we are all cooped up inside. We are all also free to settle our disputes how we will, even if that is through violence. Well, as long as you aren't breaking hospitality in my opinion. We should all strive to keep the people free.

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Feb 1 2018, 11:02 AM
Post #9

Thanks Nyx,

If you think you need to drive us from your lands it would be nice to at least talk about it first but yeah you're all individuals the views of the establishment aren't the views of the members, I get it! Frankly I quite like the individual views, common goals, differing methods attitude... Probably why Jericho is here bit like the Church of Elbereth I guess!

Dipp - I see I have taught you some very wise lessons indeed, Bronze Magic is terrible for making friends, turns everyone in to mindless drones... a good beguiling just lubricates the wheels of diplomacy!

Jericho - I'll pass on the Crucibal of Fire for now but thanks for your concern for my immortal soul and all that, very touching!

Gundrick - Thanks, if you have need of anything I can offer just ask. I saw you are all on a little jaunt soon and something about possession - If you want a possession cast on you that will be very hard for anyone else to overwrite telling you to act with your own mind I would happily oblige.

Hopefully see you all around soon - if you do need me for anything just shout!

Hugs
Lomo

+Quote Post
TimDallen
post Feb 1 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #10

Heldsman

Member No.: 55

Lomo,

I for one go on my gut instinct. Not driven like many that follow a lighter faith to drive those of dark heart from the shadows.
I have those I call friends from all walks of life. Others have called my stance and morals questionable but I choose to follow my heart with my friends and not others counsel.
You are not and will never be someone I could call friend or ally and trust. My gut may be ample but I trust it and it says you are friend only to your own aims and goals.

Ashalan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:00 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins