Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ask the GSM!
Kail
post Aug 25 2021, 11:49 AM
Post #461

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 644

I can't find in my book how much it is for a forset guardian to go defender of nature. How much is it?

It's misworded as Defender of the Faith in the forest guardian table.

Lee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BBB
post Aug 25 2021, 09:07 PM
Post #462

Deity

Member No.: 25

Can Chromatic Wizards cast racially gained non-basic spells?

In particular I’m thinking a Chromatic Wizard that has Multi-Raced Elements Bound and thus is able to learn their racial colour versions of “Embody Elemental, Bind Elemental and Arm Elemental” without needing to have access to that Class Colour.

Or does the Chromatic Restriction still prevent casting non-basic spells even if gained via MR?

BBB

You can only cast standard, so going Elementals Bound is a bad idea.

Lee

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Aug 26 2021, 06:48 AM
Post #463

Mercenary

Member No.: 208

Hi

The published MR demon touched and angel touched…

Do you become a SECFAP/SGCFAP (Supernatural Evil/Good Creature From Another Plane)?

Are you affected by Hand of Purity/Putrefaction? (And can you buy the published resistance/immunity)?

Or are you simply ‘touched by’ so it doesn’t alter your basic nature more than this… ie partial imm F&B, etc as options in the MR?

Thanks

Alasdair

It's just a "touch/taint" so you aren't an Angel/Demon kind

Lee

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Aug 26 2021, 09:47 PM
Post #464

Legend

Member No.: 242

A recent mind boggler: Do physical items blow up on death?

Thanks,

Heather

No really a mind boggler.
Physical items manufactured via the make rules do not blow up (it says in them).
Physical items from monster points or ISP do blow up.

Lee

+Quote Post
jj420
post Aug 31 2021, 06:58 AM
Post #465

Heldsman

Member No.: 4,677

This is probably an odd question.......

If you have a nuro mastery air active and get petrified,parylsis or frozen can you still flote about as your moving with your mind?
I feel like nuronics is a mind thing so dosnt need you to move your body but I also think that's probably odd.

Cheers
JJ

Yeah, you can still use neuronics so you can hover there and be beaten to death.

Lee

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Sep 3 2021, 02:22 PM
Post #466

Legend

Member No.: 446

Hey Lee

If you are an angel or demon, what defenses can you apply vs unholy / holy water?

Is the 12 / 4 damage a "blast"?
Does SAC apply?

Thanks

David

Its actually only 12 TBLP of "Good" (or Evil) spirit damage, and no as written SAC doesn't apply.

Lee

+Quote Post
Sharperoc
post Sep 4 2021, 07:15 AM
Post #467

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,027

What is the actual definition of 'Discipline' and what can it be used against as there seems to be (on a quick glance) a couple of differing definitions.

Monastic Tradition - En Garde
Gains Discipline 1/day — Which acts as per a war cry ability but against a listed domination effect, emotion effect or fear effect rather than a stopping effect

Post 8th Ability T5 - En Garde
Grants Immunity to Fear, Emotion Attacks, and Insanity for 5 minutes. Must be used within 2 seconds of the attack (cf. War Cry) 1/day

[u][Military Scout Tendency - ATSE/u]
Discipline — twice per day they may ignore any Fear, Emotion Attack or Domination effect unless it stems from a military superior in their own military.

Many guilds, kallah benefits grant a 'Discipline' but give no definition. Which one should we be using.

A good spot. Table 5 Engarde is wrong. They should all be Domination, Fear, or Emotion attacks.

Lee

--------------------
Stevie Harper

+Quote Post
LizWeir
post Sep 5 2021, 09:42 AM
Post #468

Peon

Member No.: 7,744

How exactly does the buy-as work for a 1st-class leywalker?

My read would be that they can buy 'Any 1st Class' abilities from both the Scout and Druid brackets, and 2nd-class Pathfinder and Forest Guardian abilities as specified in their ATSE entry (not unlike Warlocks getting 1st-class Warrior Subclass and Wizard-bracket 'Any 1st Class'); but with the rules around hybrid-class buy-as having changed, and particularly the Druid book undergoing a major rewrite since ATSE came out, I'm not sure I'm reading this right.

While I'm here: does the reference to evocations "over half their level" in the leyline-finding rule refer to the evocation level or the EP cost? Without finding a leyline, can an 8th-level leywalker cast a 5th-level evocation in their chosen field (because it's 4ep) or not (because it's still level 5)?

Thanks,
Liz

ATSE and Druid book were both released at the same time (all the books were) so nothing as changed (latest versions are 16.3).

On the second part its still 5th level for the restriciton, it just costs 4 EP to cast.

Lee

+Quote Post
Sharperoc
post Sep 5 2021, 09:53 AM
Post #469

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,027

Wraiths Touch/Level Drain

The miracle advises that if the monster is not stated with levels it would instead do 5 hits.

What sort of monsters are/are not statted with levels or how does it interact with say

Level 1 Zombie - Does a level drain destroy it, or just 5 hits

Undine 4 (resistance level mana cost -2?) - 2 mantic level drains to destroy or are we 5 hits territory

Wolf (4th level resistances) - 4 to destroy, or 5 hits a blow.

Or am I overthinking this and levels are instead 'Character Levels' so monster wise it will get the parts which are '8th level wizard etc' but to all other things basically does 5 hits.

General I'd say use the monsters level of resistance. The "5 hits" is from when things didn't have levels of resistance (SO VOP, for example, used to effect based on monsters hits).

Lee

--------------------
Stevie Harper

+Quote Post
jj420
post Sep 13 2021, 10:10 AM
Post #470

Heldsman

Member No.: 4,677

Trolls disadvantage to fire dose this aply to temp power ups as well or can a troll benefit from a walk through fire spell as a normal person would?

Cheers
JJ

They can benefit from external power ups like normal.

Lee

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2021 - 12:22 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins