Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

entry May 23 2022, 06:25 PM
The joy of lifting a long settled curse is never to be underestimated and I awoke this morning still bathing in such a feeling having successfully lifted the Kyoto family curse this past day. As before I traveled to the Half Way house but tragically the senior Kyoto I met before has passed on and his young son was there in his stead. He was clearly suffering from the effects of the ageing curse and despite being younger than Yomi appeared older than Yorso. A most troubling development.

My companions were a motley bunch, Karsh in his next incarnation; Cathbad a druidic sinner but, I hope, one who can be persuaded to our faith; Dalron of very ill repute and, dare I say, a miscreant; Rashid a very strange genie and Sparek a not entirely sane fairy. Thanks to the bargain I struck with Muttley some time ago we were able to skip the preliminaries and travel directly to the start of the third floor of the testing grounds.

Our first challenge was to get in the accursed place and satisfy the spirit guarding the entrance that we were worthy to enter. All he wanted to hear was that we were there to make a blade of creation but it took us several primal heartbeats to work that out. Before long we found ourselves with a translation issue. Dalron has clearly been spending too long with his nose in legal treatises rather than mana glyphs and this took a disastrously long time to sort out. Poor Cathbad was taking a ferocious pounding until Karsh at my suggestion called to reset the floor. Second time around we were much more efficient in reading through the tiresome riddles.

A wishing well in disarray was not far off and to rebuild it we needed to tempt a gnome, salamander and undine to it each within 30 seconds of each other. The undine and salamander just wished to kill each other so this was a tiresome task until someone came up with the idea of walling them off as we dealt with it step by step.

I then befriended 3 brothers who we needed to kill which meant I was not hugely helpful for that test and then discovered the source of the curse. A void lord entrapped in a warding which was empowered by the sacrifice of the Kyoto family. The warding was weakening and drawing upon the family greatly to keep itself up and that explains the speed of the ageing. We had previously been approached by an assassin called Isaac who was known to Karsh who had offered to deal with this void lord. For my own view it was obvious that we had little option but to call upon Isaac's aid but it took my companions several primal heartbeats to realise the wisdom of my words.

A handful of minor tests lay in our way but we were able to defeat them (although Cathbad fell whilst I was consulting with Talthar in heaven) and complete the floor.

I hope to be able to return next month for the fourth floor.

« Next Oldest · Grisgriel's secret diary · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS