IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
GSM's log, stardate... - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> GSM's log, stardate...
sonof
post Oct 13 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #21

GSM

Group: Members
Member No.: 54

Another happy week goes by. Everything seems to be going well.
As several people have asked the first draft of all of the rule books (except the dice rollers guide) are done and either with Duncan for checking, or Duncan has already given them back to me.
There has been a slight delay in the second drafts has the Dominion of the Circle is arguing with being OCR (Stupid Baronials). My IT expert (Tiffer) has come up with an idea that might work, so I’ll be trying it this week. If all goes well we should (fingers crossed) be on target to have the rules side of the books finished by the end of the month. That then leaves proof reading and formatting before they go to the printers. Neither of these are likely to be easy jobs unfortunately.

The Manufacturers Guide (AKA Dice rollers guide according to Sam R and Craigy) is likely to be ready sooner and available to download like the current one. There’s nothing massively exciting in it for spiritual and magical makes, a few changes of tables and costs, but in general it’s the same has it always has been. However for everyone else’s makes there’s a chunk of updates there. There’s also an idea that I’m stealing from Martin J 

Point’s app wise all is going well and ticking along.

Fromant Watch – Returning to Green. He seems to have found a way to beat the system without us realising it….

Him watch – His time, as per the agreement is over. He pops down to monster or play and managed to get killed 3 times in under half an hour including a small matter of me party killing him (oops). However I feel he’s come a long way in his short time…

So it’s time for a new him. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to email them to me. Requirements are they must be down regularly, and provide entertainment to the masses.

Also if anyone has any topics they'd like me to cover in these posts let me know.

Lee

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonof
post Oct 21 2014, 09:36 AM
Post #22

GSM

For all those dice rollers out there the manufacturing book has had its first draft finished and being checked so should have some new fun options soon.

Points apps are continuing at a steady rate. For some advance warning as I'm reffing the final dawn I'd expect a little delay getting closer to xmas when I need to do some extra writing.

I've had a couple of questions about guild benefits and stuff. When the books are done I'm planning on going through them all and making sure they are all fair.

I am, alas, still in search of a new him. So if you have any ideas suggestions are greatly received.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Oct 28 2014, 10:29 AM
Post #23

GSM

So bad news first. There is going to be a slight delay in points apps this week, sorry, as I'm not seeing Duncan will the weekend. I'll keep processing them but they won't get to Duncan until Saturday at the earliest.

And other things. A few people have started to apply for big spells and I thought I'd share my logic on them for those that don't know.

High (above 20) mana spells can be big and do big things (touch death being 20 mana as a guide). The reason for this is you have to invest a chunk of points on casting levels to learn them and will only ever use them for 3/4 spells. Ones that do damage will obviously be based on what they are (so greater shock to each location touch range will be based on seven greater shocks them reduced a bit).
Obviously the biggest advantage of really big damaging spells is they lessen the effects of MAC against them and the like.

The other spell related thing I thought I'd mention is two colour spells. I like the idea of wizards doing cool stuff based on colour combos (so gold/ebony could do other effecting ebony stuff). It lets you blur the lines of what a colour can do, kinda like mixing paint.

Fromant watch - green
Him - no suggestions yet and no is jumping out.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Nov 3 2014, 04:34 PM
Post #24

GSM

Hello,

Firstly points apps. I should (all being well) be up to date by the end of tomorrow and able to give everything to Duncan. If anything changes I'll let people know.

So news on apps for the week is a few people have been trying to get things from a bracket (scout, warrior etc.) without going into it. Except for very limited and narrow options this isn't going to happen really. Especially where the abilities are very situational and applying for them as daily innates.

If you want something from a bracket you'll have to go into it smile.gif

Fromant Watch - Do not under any circumstances start an armoured priest, there is no hope for them....

Him Watch: Have had some suggestions, including a her, but am still deciding.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Nov 12 2014, 05:37 PM
Post #25

GSM

Sorry it's a bit late but am swamped at work after a couple of days off, so pretty short too.

I saw Duncan Monday evening and the world sent in apps over the weekend so not everything I said "printed" too is done, sorry.

Normal service should resume soon smile.gif

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Nov 18 2014, 02:27 PM
Post #26

GSM

Hello,

So back up to date on all points apps and other gsm bits except for Will (should be finished by end of the day for him though).

Responses from the first couple of books that are being looked at are good. Hopefully will be able to finish the project "soon" (not certain hoe long soon is yet but I am seeing an end).

Fromant Watch - red!!!! He has managed it. It's not really his fault, but we're blaming him anyway. I'm not saying how he achieved it, but congratulations smile.gif

Him watch - still in need of a solid suggestion.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Nov 19 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #27

GSM

An edit to yesterdays post, I lied Fromant is still green, sorry. However I'd like to remind people what wise healer says:

At will may discern what effect any Healing tree or sphere miracle will have on the target’s wounds, if any. For example, half-elves receive half-effect, permanent damage cannot be cured, spirits of causing are slain by a Total Heal, and so on. Additionally, should any healing miracle cast be discharged on a target and have no effect the priest loses no spirits. This includes Restore Life. The discern is a spiritual informational effect, and can be used in the spirit above a body.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Nov 25 2014, 11:36 AM
Post #28

GSM

So I was ready to type that points apps were all up to date and going well but then people sent in dozens of sheets yesterday. Everything should still be going well and get done to give to Duncan when I see him though.

A non-gsm comment this week. A month (ish) ago a lot of effort was put in to clean up the caves. Glowsticks, paper, tealights, the lot. However in under a month I have found glow-stick wrappers lying in areas, used ref props, empty bottles, and more. Really? It's not hard to take the wrapper and put it in a bin when you get it, or to keep your used scroll/bottle in your bag until the end of the section and then bin it. Just a little consideration please. I'm not saying we won't have used glowsticks lying around that got a bit dull and missed, or tea lights that burnt out and weren't noticed, however please can we make sure we keep the obvious rubbish out of the areas. On this I'm going to be open if I see players on my dungeons littering I will just tell them and give them less behaviour points.

So nice things. In the Almanac GSM's have traditionally written a little bit of stuff, but most of it is covered in these posts. So I thought I'd instead answer some questions about stuff that isn't normally covered in the ask the gsm thread. So things like "What's your opinion on this style of ability" or "How far can X go with Y". I'm obviously not going to be able to answer all of them and will pick the most common/interesting ones out. So if you have a question you think fits then email it to: lee@labyrinthe.co.uk and I'll collate them all and do something for the next Almanac.

Fromant Watch - Green
Him Watch - an idea was suggested, but alas he's not suitable.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Dec 3 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #29

GSM

So 6 months as GSM, seems a bit odd really.

Everything seems to (hopefully) be going ok. Points apps are ticking along and all is good with them.
Books are going well, some of them are already getting proof read so we have an end in sight smile.gif

This week has seen a rise in by level abilities meaning the cost gets driven up, a lot. All fine with me just remember the costs. Also it has noticed a big increase in efforts to put in stuff that stacks well with previous abilities. Please don't, at some point I'll read all your points apps in one go and see what you've done and then take it away smile.gif

Changes to potions/armour are up, and as soon as I have the power the new dice rolling (make) rules will be as well. This is designed to encourage people to buy stuff from other characters and increase interactions between players. It is also intended to give warriors some make abilities worth using. Some of these changes may seem a bit odd but the new books will contain classes to boost make skills so it should be a bit more obvious when everything is done.

And some advance warning points apps WILL slow down after this week for several reasons. One the final dawn and I am reffing it, two the xmas break means getting more real world work into less time. This means if you want abilities back in time for the final dawn then please get them in by next Monday (8th). Hopefully I'll be able to juggle and stay on top of it, and if people can be nice and say "For this year" or "for next year" it would help.

So last thing I'd like to commiserate Duncan on a year as owner of the caves, I see more ahead smile.gif

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Dec 8 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #30

GSM

So here we are almost at Christmas.

As a reminder Cavie drinks are this Saturday in the Bickley. Will Kung-Foo Matt arrive? Is it going to be rounds of shots again? Only way to know is show smile.gif

Onto points apps however. With the final Dawn approaching and Xmas if people want points apps back in time for the final dawn please get them in by the 16th. Anything after this may well be too late, and come back next year.

Also starting this weekend there will be a set of xmas points apps. As many have suggested "magic" style points apps or "lucky dip" we thought we'd give it a go. There will be a selection of spells, miracles, a couple of classes and races, and some ability sheets. They'll all be for a specific "bracket".
Each person can buy one sheet (and their name will be signed on it) but can pick which of their characters it will be for.
There are a set number of sheets, so when they are gone they're gone.

Lee

Edit:

As I had a couple of questions already -
The sheets are entirely random from sealed envelopes.
There will be "Some" exactly how many isn't set, but they should last till the Final Dawn (maybe).
There will be a price for them (being sorted out atm).

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Dec 15 2014, 11:56 AM
Post #31

GSM

So the Xmas drinks occurred and the caves were extra busy that day, which is great. I believe (Craigy can confirm) that Couchman may have been the Yellow Jersey winner for the year.

It seems the xmas single length also managed to break records for most deaths, and most pking in a Single length, with a myths level of kills in 20 encounters.

Points apps have been ticking along. to remind people if you want them back this year please get them in by Thursday!!!!! Anything after this and I can't guarantee it will be done in time.

As I got asked again the first set of books are being proof read (horay) so all is going well.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jan 7 2015, 12:08 PM
Post #32

GSM

And welcome to the first post 2015, a little later than I'd hoped but here.
Having had a bit of a break after the final dawn everything is back up and running. Points apps are being processed and we should be back to the normal turnaround in the next couple of weeks.

A few people asked about books. They range from still being finished off due to being Druids and rubbish to having been proof read and needing final edits before going for formatting. I'm still not happy to give a date for release but they are moving along.

It seems the lucky dip points apps went down ok. I might look at doing something similar again in the future.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jan 14 2015, 10:25 AM
Post #33

GSM

Hello,

Just a quick update this week. Points apps that I have replied "Printed" too on Monday are all done and with Duncan.
Anything from yesterday onwards isn't as Duncan was around early.

I've seen a rise in people re-applying for stuff I've already failed with different abilities in the hope of getting it cheekily through the back door. It's not likely to happy so please don't do it smile.gif

And that about covers it for the week. Hopefully when real life ™ calms down I'll get back to some fun and helpful comments in these.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jan 19 2015, 02:48 PM
Post #34

GSM

And so the new week is upon us.
Points apps from last week upto Thursday. There's been a surge over the weekend mostly from one person (not mentioning his name but it begins with S ends in Y, and has onn in the middle).

People seem to have been moving away from multi-classes and back to random abilities. Which is fine, but means things will cost a bit more/be less likely to get passed.

So on with the year and my insane schedule of reffing.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jan 20 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #35

GSM

Extra update!
Dan puts in points apps and the Green pen dies!!!! It did well, but alas is over. Fortunately I have a back up.

I personally blame Deviant for the number of No's I've had to write.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jan 26 2015, 03:31 PM
Post #36

GSM

And already January is almost over.

A sudden surge in points apps over the weekend (19 emails worth, no idea how many yet as I haven't printed them) so it is possible there may be a slight delay depending on how many it actually is.

A few old players have been contacting me about old apps/sorting out characters which is good smile.gif

Not much else to say really. Hopefully more news on various things next week.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Feb 4 2015, 10:59 AM
Post #37

GSM

So the efforts to break the new Green Pen have failed. I am not certain Duncan's scanner (or enjoyment of scanning) is holding up as well though. Yes another week of points apps.
I believe Callum is looking at starting Points Apps Anon. for everyone suffering from this addiction.

Book news for you all, since you keep asking, here is where they are:

Warrior and Scout Book - At formatting Stage
Priest, Wizard, Races, Classes, Neuronic - Proof reading.
Druid - Final (hopefully) Draft.

Once formatted there is one last read through for anything we missed/screwed up.

However better book news is the Almanac is at formatting stage, so will be out as soon as we can. Hopefully after this we can get back to a once a quarter releases.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Feb 9 2015, 07:36 PM
Post #38

GSM

Hello,

First thank you for the comments/thanks for the fast turn around on things. It is appreciated and we'll try and keep things running smoothly. I imagine there will be a slow down/shift in timing as we get closer to the summer and holidays/extended lengths.

The Almanac (thanks to Mr Witts) is all but ready to go to printing so should be out soonish smile.gif

There is another pile of points apps this week. So if you haven't sent them in yet I doubt they will make this weeks batch to Duncan, sorry.

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Feb 15 2015, 01:47 PM
Post #39

GSM

‎Hello,

So another GSM post from me, and some actual stuff in it this week.
The Almanac is (I hope as I've not been at the caves) out and on sale (horay!) only a month behind schedule. Hopefully going forward we can get back to quarterly. Thanks to everyone that helped getting it sorted and out.

The books are steadily moving. Alas they are now at the stage where I can't speed them up it takes as long as it takes.

However I have started work on the Realm of Glass source book again.

In the great way of things a few useful bits of info/requests from me.

1) Guild Ethos/Restrictions. If guild masters want them changed before the next Almanac then please email me at lee@labyrinthe.co.uk making it obvious in the subject what it's about. Then I can change them for the next Almanac. Dead line for this is March 20th.
2) Questions for ask the gsm in the Almanac. Again‎ email them in by March the 20th. Character specific ones will be ignored but broad ones will get answered if there's space.
3) Want to put something in the Almanac? Again email it in by, yep you guessed it, March 20th. It can be an in character notice, stuff from a ref, wanted adds, whatever. If it's interesting and I can get it in I will.
4) Realm of Glass. I'm doing this in stages, and have some from some people already. Currently I'm doing the Senate and Imperial Structure (so if you've promised me stuff email it over) and Nobility. If you have a Noble house as a player (a proper spent points on it sort) or as a ref have a prominent one from dungeons you've reffed then please email it over. I need it in 14 point times roman font (word document) with the following info:
Name of house
Head of house
Where it is based
Symbol (and Ideally a jpeg of the symbol)
A paragraph of so on the house and what it is like.

That's it from me, other than to say come and monster for the Dead Heroes or Knights next weekend, or even both smile.gif

Lee‎

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonof
post Feb 24 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #40

GSM

So a very quiet week on points apps, I suspect Callums addicts club is working.

Nothing massively exciting to say really. I'll remind people about emailing me stuff for the realm of glass source book or the next Almanac if you want to.

As you may have seen a slight delay in points apps last week due to the LARP (clearly Iain can't spell) awards, I'm guessing things will be all back on track by the end of the week, but please remember the turnaround on points apps is 2 weeks for just this reason smile.gif

Lee

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:03 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins