Avv
post Feb 24 2021, 05:32 PM
Post #361

Levy

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,164

if you are in church and your algniment changes
do you get excuminacted from the church automaticly or not

It depends on the situation. Unless the church has specific restrictions if the change is forced (So an unwilling effect) then no. If its due to black marks/roleplay/you accepting it then probably yes.

Lee

--------------------
Sleepy Sheepy - Long Live the Sheep

Adam Smith

know to play: Uriel isp boy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Avv
post Mar 1 2021, 01:05 PM
Post #362

Levy

can a vessel of the dead who is using twsit the form
use a supernatural weapon from the character whilst emboding there undead
(i.e using a spirit sword whilst playing a zombie)
and if so would they only be able to use the magic weapon if the character has uttilise magic item?

Thanks
Adam

No as the item is personalised to the character not the undead. They could use a fire blade.

Lee

--------------------

Adam Smith

+Quote Post
Ironcore
post Mar 1 2021, 02:33 PM
Post #363

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,177

Hi lee,
Is limb thrall under used? Does it effect any limb on any person creature assuming there is a physical component and effects the relevant level of resistance to magic of course?
Would it effect an elemental?

Thanks Andy

I'd say no, I see it used a lot.
It works on any one limb on a person effected by magic.

Lee

+Quote Post
JonMace
post Mar 1 2021, 08:14 PM
Post #364

Mercenary

Member No.: 90

Can a 1st class priest and !st class nueonist have both Vessel of the spirits and The awokened Mind?

This got answered somewhere. You can only regen into one pool at a time unless the abilities mention each other, so you can have both but only regen one at a time.

Lee

+Quote Post
Helsvell
post Mar 2 2021, 05:31 PM
Post #365

Hero

Member No.: 47

As a Valdstayn do I automatically know the targets I have to protect even if they do not tell me. If so does this change if they are immune to scrying?

[i] Nope you don't know unless you have a way of telling. If they say you are and try an ability and it fails then it is pretty obvious.

Lee /[i]

--------------------
Peter Smith

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Mar 3 2021, 10:10 AM
Post #366

Legend

Member No.: 446

Interesting discussion on WhatsApp (sorry it’s not on the forum)

If I am magic only and immune to magical info spells and effects, may I immune to a mantic miracle of Comm2?

What about neuronic - magical comms?

Thanks

David

First thing yes. Second it depends on the neuronic/magical effect.
A normal neuronic major precog might work depending on the question as it draws knowledge from all over the place.

As an example:
Who was here? If you aren't immune to neuronic info effects and other people know then it gets you.
Who is that? You are immune to as it is directly at you.

Lee

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Mar 4 2021, 02:24 PM
Post #367

Legend

Hey Lee

There is a general perception or understanding that tempo does not apply to AoF and you need yellow paper to make this so. Is this correct? Given it is a published ability, and your updated wording says it applies to all supernatural abilities active at that point, should the published supernatural tempo not apply and players have just fallen into the trap of believing upgrades are required?

Obviously non standard versions of tempo may be different, I am just talking about the published one

Thanks

David

AoF isn't a supernatural power up, its an immunity. So published tempos do not apply to it.
For clarity the warrior tempo does apply to War Cries/its upgrades.

Lee

+Quote Post
Helsvell
post Mar 8 2021, 09:03 PM
Post #368

Hero

Member No.: 47

Does "1/3 off weapon blows" from Titan apply to effects delivered on weapon blows? Or just the damage grade?

Just the weapon blow.

Lee

--------------------
Peter Smith

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Mar 9 2021, 07:36 AM
Post #369

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,812

Is sever in particular a damage grade/weapon blow or an effect delivered by a weapon blow? Mainly, would 1/3 off weapon blows or 33% off apply against sever or not?

Cheers

Depends on the sever to be honest as they are normally non-standard.
The published version (Blade Rune sever) and the way I set it if its a blow is:

It is a weapon blow.
Unless you have a resistance to sever the loc comes off (this might kill you it its the chest).
If you have a resistance to sever it does damage based on current loc life (as the resistances say), and then after applying your resistances to sever you can apply relevant damage reductions (Fractional and percentile that would apply if it were a damage grade are fine).
Justice of the kings can be applied, meaning it does 30 life.

If its an effect, which might be deliver by a sword but I'll makeit clear, it works like the published spell severs.

Lee

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post
Ironcore
post Mar 10 2021, 08:16 PM
Post #370

Militiaman

Hi Lee

Stealth mage doesn't put you in the wizard bracket so can you have glyphs/innates of spells opposite to that chosen from stealth mage?

If you cant and you pick grey from stealth mage I assume you can still have any colour glyphs/innate spells?

Thanks Andy

Stealth Mage doesn't give you a colour so you are fine. If you had a colour from elsewhere it would effect what stealth mage innates you can take.

Lee

+Quote Post
Avv
post Mar 11 2021, 06:40 PM
Post #371

Levy

does power master resist own element
stack with tables 1/2 effect

thanks,
Adam

Yes

Lee

--------------------

Adam Smith

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Mar 17 2021, 04:41 AM
Post #372

Legend

Hey Lee

On T10 under Mancer there are 2 abilities:

Utilise spiritual side of mantic items (50 points) and utilise spiritual items (50 points), both of own colour and alignment etc.

I'm guessing these were in print prior to Spiritual Mancer being a thing. Can these be bought by a Spiritual Mancer, who otherwise can't use magical items without MCing into the wizard bracket? Applying to their one colour obviously as normal

Would they be cheaper if applied for non-standardly (because utilising spiritual items is considered harder so would generally be more points)?

Thanks

David

They are for magical mancer, but yes an app for sp mancer would be doable.

Lee

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Mar 17 2021, 09:34 AM
Post #373

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

What neuronics require duality of mind to use other neuronics? Only those that specifically state in the description that they require concentration and you cant use other neuros?

Specifically, the following questions:

1) Neuro mastery says you cant use other neuro masteries, but doesnt say you cant use other neuronics. So ok to use neuromastery and freely use other neuronics?

2) Likewise telekinetic buffer / domination etc have a duration but dont say they require concentration, so free to use other neuronics? At least in my edition, given previous problems with this edition!! wink.gif

3) Does duality of mind allow you to use other powers when holding a neuronic wall / psychic crush / invisibility, given they specifically prohibit the use of such normally?

Cheers,

Sean

Ok:
1 - Correct
2 - Correct
3 - Yes this is where is useful.

Lee

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Mar 23 2021, 10:40 AM
Post #374

Legend

Hey Lee

I note in the recent clarification update that you say a player may only apply 1 * %, 1 * fractional to any "weapon blow". Does this mean that I can still apply all my stacking reductions vs. spells and non-phys repped attacks (so I have 1/2 fire, 1/2 effect spells, 1/2 effect magic etc. - these still all stack vs spells but wouldn't vs weapon blows?)

Thanks

David

The rule is only vs weapon blows, as it always has been. What you suggest above works fine, assuming they reference each other since at least some of it will be non-standards.

Lee

+Quote Post
Ironcore
post Mar 23 2021, 03:22 PM
Post #375

Militiaman

Hi Lee,

If a Seasonal Elf goes Aligned Elf is there an issue if innates might be opposite at some time during the year?
I.E - gone Dark Elf and then having javelin of ice innates in winter?

Also for reading scrolls do they gain the racial modifiers (ATSE) as new colour?
*Magical creatures gain +2 skill levels when reading scrolls of their own racial colour, but - 2 when reading from the opposite racial colour.

Disguise upgrade to change appearance then to greater change appearance, an elf/goblin is not required to put base make up on but if they disguise as human say should they be applying skin tone makeup? ( Humans don't have a makeup restriction to match).

Thanks, Andy.

Yep Seasonal Elves change colour as they move through the seasons, so issues could arise. Fixing them is apps but doable.

Greater change appearance means you have to wear as much make up as your base race has to. For looking human skin toner and the like should be fine. It's about putting the effort in.

Lee

+Quote Post
Parrp
post Mar 29 2021, 08:35 PM
Post #376

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,051

Hi Lee,

If an armoured priest is 'Spirit only' can they use a +0 spiritual mace but only inflict spirit damage?

Cheers

Phil

No needs to be pure.

Lee

+Quote Post
Avv
post Apr 2 2021, 10:36 AM
Post #377

Levy

Hi lee

"Grey Wardens advance as normal priests, however if they wish to acquire an aligned miracle or ability they must at the same time acquire its opposite."

doest his apply to teaching scrolls and items that teach the character miracles?

Not directly but they can only use neutral scrolls and items

"They may not belong to a church in a similar manner to those that decide to be hermits."

if a grey waren buys finding faith do they stop being greywardens

They can't do it

are multiclass's and multirace's on table 1? more asking if they can be bought with flexi isp

No, you can't take them.

Lee

--------------------

Adam Smith

+Quote Post
MarkD
post Apr 4 2021, 09:51 PM
Post #378

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,413

If you are magic only and have ghost and immunity to informational magical effects, are you able to cross all wardings (except barriers without the upgrades)? My thinking was that if the warding contains neuronics it might be able to use someone else's knowledge to know you are crossing.

Cheers,
Mark

You only trigger/are directly effected by stuff so yes.

Lee

+Quote Post
Forefallen
post Apr 5 2021, 11:13 PM
Post #379

Heldsman

Member No.: 4,026

So Marks post above suggests that:

An Elf with ghost and and imm magical info fx can ghost a mantic spirit bolt ward, or mantic spiritual cataclysm ward. Is this the case, and if so, can I have a refund on my immunity to comms?

Yes its the case, but you'd need it for aneuronic ward unless immune to neuronics.

Lee

--------------------
QUOTE(Jack)
Only the good die young.

Tarek - Ishmaic Psi/dancer Golem -
Kurai - Amlesian Monk
Jata - Amlesian Troll Shaman
Laurelion - Ebony Drave Silver/Jade Wizard
Killian - Half Dark Elf Red Warlock
Joshua De Fontaine - Healing Pure Priest
Sun'so - Amlesian Wizard
Amatir - Mortimancer
Sparek - Black/Brown/Silver Faerie Blanket
Alfie Autumn - Human Mystic with a twist
Hilliam Wunt - Lets not talk about this one...

+Quote Post
Parrp
post Apr 19 2021, 08:08 AM
Post #380

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,051

Hi Lee,

Reading through Priest of the Runes are greater rune of power essentially still a rune of power just with an increased spirit cost?

So if I’ve bought devotion rune of power could buy innates of the big ones at half cost as well?

Thanks in Advance

Cheers

Phil

It's a different miracle, so no you couldn't buy innates of it cheaply.

Lee

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 17 18 19
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2021 - 11:15 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins