IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Help for a Fellow Clansman (a friend of mine) - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help for a Fellow Clansman (a friend of mine), Sorry to be cheeky, it's not for my own benefit
MattWest
post Apr 5 2011, 03:37 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 653

Dear Esteemed Fellow Clansmen (& Women)

May I make a humble request for assistance... my friend Long (a monk of the White Hand like myself) is planning to go on a very dangerous expedition shortly. I understand he suffered a death on his most recent mission (the Starsday just gone), and he suffered a death helping the Clan about a year ago, and I am mightily concerned that he is going to suffer a number of deaths on this upcoming mission. Possibly even his last, though I hope he has a few more left in him.

He is (at least, I hope he is) very busy with his training for the upcoming mission to be in the best frame of mind for it and has not time to attend to scribing letters in the correct calligraphy to show the proper respect to Esteemed Fellow Clansmen (& Women) so, out of concern for his wellbeing I have rather taken it upon myself to act as scribe for the time being (the practise of calligraphy can be a good way to unify mind, spirit and body alongside training in the martial arts, as I understand it).

So, I hope my request will not be seen poorly, and if it so be, then I must take all the blame myself, for it is my initiative and not Long's.

If any kind soul in the Clan has any assistance which could be imparted to ensure that my friend survives his next mission, please make private contact with me and I will relay any offers of assistance to Long in person. If it is the kind loan (more realistically, gift) of scrolls or suchlike, he will no doubt be able to name his companions who could be entrusted with the use of such to assist him, as he himself conducts himself according to traditional monastic discipline and will not carry items of wealth.

I appreciate that this is an unusual request little short of public begging but my friend Long is very dear to me and I am afraid he is getting himself into a lot of trouble with this latest endeavour... much honour, short life... I am sure he will come back wiser and stronger if he survives his next mission and hope he can bring much honour and assistance to the Clan...

Wei Long

--------------------

OOC:- Matt West

IC:- A. bin Razil of the Carrion Scavengers Hetyan (Ishmaic Onyx Wizard and Knight of the Land, suitable for a Max 1500); Yosh (monastically trained knife-thrower, suitable for a Max 2k, semi-retired); Hassan bin Kassim of the Perished Sands Hetyan (mage, suitable for a Max 1500); Haram of the Blackened Bones Hetyan (please smile for the crazy evil witch!) (suitable for a Max 750); Flaig (Pilgrim of the Forge, around the 500 mark, played on Borderwatch guild specials); "Murk" ('the Mercenary formerly known as "Sunflower"') (as featured in Primal Times No. 24) ("suitable" for a Max 1K, allegedly); Sahra bin Flambo of the Placid Waters Hetyan (290 points of fire and spear, plus any monster points; "Sahra" means "Desert"); various others

A longer version of this post is available on request.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DaveR
post Apr 6 2011, 02:48 AM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 123

Konichiwa Wei Long-sama

Regrettably, I have nothing in the way of scripture or in fact alchemical substances I can offer - I'm afraid whatever I have been given in the past - it has been utilised here, defending our homeland.

If I am able to excuse myself from my duties here - I will endeavour to travel to the west to offer you both my sword and whatever sake I can bring with me.

I am sorry I am unable to offer any more at this time.

Humbly,

Sushi Panama

(OOC: have a 400pt Warrior if the dates/thresholds are agreeable )

+Quote Post
MattWest
post Apr 6 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 653

Konnichi-Wa Sushi-san,

Thank you for your kind offer; I will try to get in touch with the relevant people and see if they can pass on any request for direct aid of that kind to you.

Wei Long

[OOC I'm not going on this adventure myself, it's the upcoming 3-day (Polyapes I think) which last I heard was fully booked - my mate Giles is playing a White Hand monk called Long Dong - we are both in clan Panama - so it's a general scrounge on his behalf (my idea, not his) to get goodies for the party to keep him alive - he lost 10% on the warm-up overland and is well below points for threshold so will probably lose more...]

--------------------

OOC:- Matt West

IC:- A. bin Razil of the Carrion Scavengers Hetyan (Ishmaic Onyx Wizard and Knight of the Land, suitable for a Max 1500); Yosh (monastically trained knife-thrower, suitable for a Max 2k, semi-retired); Hassan bin Kassim of the Perished Sands Hetyan (mage, suitable for a Max 1500); Haram of the Blackened Bones Hetyan (please smile for the crazy evil witch!) (suitable for a Max 750); Flaig (Pilgrim of the Forge, around the 500 mark, played on Borderwatch guild specials); "Murk" ('the Mercenary formerly known as "Sunflower"') (as featured in Primal Times No. 24) ("suitable" for a Max 1K, allegedly); Sahra bin Flambo of the Placid Waters Hetyan (290 points of fire and spear, plus any monster points; "Sahra" means "Desert"); various others

A longer version of this post is available on request.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:08 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins