IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Ritual and the Ritter Praavus - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ritual and the Ritter Praavus, Compiling Information
MattJ
post Mar 18 2010, 01:44 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 472

Dimitri and others concerned,

I would like to compile the information within our possession regarding the Veil family, the status of the Ritter Praavus and the current situation regarding empowering the Veil bloodline.

Can someone please list the components required to complete the ritual as well of those currently in our possession and plans to acquire the final components.

We need to take further action in these matters forthwith.

Melanie Von Treir
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 18 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #2

Post Police

Member No.: 38

I have a list somewhere, as does Isaac I think

We are also bringing Penny Winterhaven to Coris Mount, she will provide the Blood of a noble

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Mar 18 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #3

Legend

Ecellent work Nikkoli although if memory serves me it is the promise of a noble we need although ideally it should be written in her blood.

Melanie

+Quote Post
Rob
post Mar 22 2010, 10:43 AM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 115

Guys

Giles is really keen for us to decide what we are doing and do some comms....

Obviously this will impact on what he writes

Now I havent played any of the campaign so A) I couldnt decide what to do if I wanted to cool.gif It should be down to the people that have done all the hard work so far.

Once decided I am happy to do comms to help us along the way

Rob

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 22 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #5

Post Police

QUOTE(Rob @ Mar 22 2010, 10:43 AM) *
Guys

Giles is really keen for us to decide what we are doing and do some comms....

Obviously this will impact on what he writes

Now I havent played any of the campaign so A) I couldnt decide what to do if I wanted to cool.gif It should be down to the people that have done all the hard work so far.

Once decided I am happy to do comms to help us along the way

Rob

OOC:
Same here, I only did the one and never considered I might be doing another

I might not be able to make this one either

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 22 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #6

Post Police

QUOTE(MattJ @ Mar 18 2010, 05:50 PM) *
Ecellent work Nikkoli although if memory serves me it is the promise of a noble we need although ideally it should be written in her blood.

Melanie

She is writing one for us, although I might have to make arrangements to send it
The Circle may have need for me elsewhere, I have many "projects"

A thought occurs, 3 green nails. The youngest harmed by Bronze.
Seems logical that the middle is harmed by Silver, and presumptions allowing, the eldest by Gold.
I can see bronze and silver in the back of my mind when I think of them

Nikoli

--------------------

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Mar 22 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #7

Legend

It may be an idea to try and launch attacks on the Blauz to stop them obtaining the ritual compnents that they need.

My preference would be to:

1) Find and recover the other part of the Lance of Eva Wyvett Veil currently held by the Blauz;
2) Take pre-emptive action against the Blauz to prevent them from finding another method of scrying thus making it far more difficult to find other ritual compnents and nigh on impossible to find another lance.

I think that the third green nail whilst important is not necessarily our top priority. Having said that, with the second green nail dead they might go to the third in order to secure someone who can allow them to scry so my point 2 might involve going after the third green nail anyway.

We still need a magic bottle in which to trap the scream of a drying foe.

We still need to collect the blood of a fallen comrade.

We are in the process of obtaining the promise of a nobleman.

We have half the lance and need to get the other half.

We have the heraldric device.

Is there any other component we still need?

Melanie

+Quote Post
Rob
post Mar 22 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #8

Legend

Sir

On behalf of my master I will work using that summary and so some research in his library and perform a few minor scryings to attempt to find out more

Magiarch Mistmore was last seen having a screaming match with a very pointy elbowed vampire so I think he may be ermm.... busy. Oh and there is the matter of the choosing of the new Seven that seems to have dragged on for months.....

anyway - off to work

Regards

Andre nav Gothiel
Dead Ritualist's Society

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Mar 22 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #9

Group:
Member No.: 0

Sirs

I m Edmund of the Ritter Drachyul, If I count as a nobleman I promise to help you to the best of my abilities .

Edmund

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Mar 22 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #10

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

Dear all,

I deeply regret that I am unable to travel with you this Starsday. As some of you may know, as a proud member of my House I tend to the estates we hold where refugees and the suchlike are taken in. At present, we are playing home to a number of victims of the recent battles, and my skill in healing is greatly needed at this time.

In my absence I have sent the required promise, scribed in my own blood, to Coris Mount. My personal courier is at present travelling down to your lands and will give it into the care of Nikolai, who I trust to pass it on to you accordingly.

All I ask in return for this gift is that you do your best to resolve the issues you are dealing with in as peaceful a manner as possible. At this time there is a great deal of violence in the world, and it would warm my heart to know that there are people seeking to restore the peace.

Yours,

Penny Winterhaven
Priestess of Mercy

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Mar 22 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #11

Legend

Thank you Lady Winterhaven, your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. Have no fear, we are not violent unless provoked and I for one would rather make lust than war. We will endeavor to come to a peaceful solution if possible. Unfortunately I am not sure that the Blauz of the Ritter Praavus will see things the same way and as such I fear that bloodshed may become inevitable.

I will however attempt to come to a peaceful solution dispite this by requesting that the Blauz surrender the weapons, reject the seven horned god and come with us for further interrogation by the circle.

Melanie

+Quote Post
Martinj
post Mar 22 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #12

Mercenary

Member No.: 734

For information, here is some past information that the Kreisbruderschaft have gathered which may be of help:

http://www.labyrinthe.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=6160

http://www.labyrinthe.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=6162

I would suggest that we need to discover:

Where is the other part of the Lance?

Does the blood of a fallen comrade need to be from someone dead? Do they need to have had vitae or fulfill any other criteria?

Have the Ritter Pravus now gained access to anyone who can scry? Who is it? What powers do they use to scry? Where are they?

What components of the ritual do the Ritter Pravus have?

Where can we quickly obtain a bottle capable of holding the scream of a dying foe?

What powers does Ghillon Blas have? Can he be harmed/killed with normal weapons? If not, what do we need? What attacks we have easy access to are particularly ineffective against him? What are his particular weaknesses? How can he be recognised? Will his killer(s) be harmed by slaying him? Other than Ghillon Blas, who else needs to be killed to effectively stop the Ritter Pravus?

Who, other than the Circle-loyal know of the Ritual, its components and how to perform it, or have access to that information?

What are the weaknesses of the remaining Green Nail sister? How will we recognise her? What are her particular powers? What attacks we have easy access to are particularly ineffective against him? Will her killer(s) be harmed by slaying her? Is she aiding the Ritter Pravus? Where is she?

Have our plans been betrayed to the Ritter Pravus or the Green Nail sister? Who by? How?

That's far more than I can discover on my own given the time we have.

Does anyone have further questions more important questions, or shall I get started on these and report back? Has anyone already started?

Nikoli - when finding the prior Green Nail, there were creatures harmed only by silver - so your assumption seems very reasonable. We should add finding a weapon of gold to our questions, I will make separate enquiries in the meantime.

Dmitri

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Mar 23 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #13

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

I have divined a little.

The rest of the Lance is within the Sunless, near Thanatzel. More than that I cannot say.

For the blood it must simply be fresh and taken from where they fall.

The Praavus have the Scream of a Dying Foe, Blood of a Fallen Comrade and, obviously, the other half of our Lance.

The best place to get the bottle would be the Glassblowers of Port Mier. Or at worst a mage can cast the Enchant glyph upon the bottle.

The Praavus know about the ritual and it's components, but not the specifics on how to perform it. There might be an oracle or seer who can scry the future who would know (presumably as one of our two groups will eventually perform it)

Ghillon Blas.

He's very bright - too bright to look at without being blinded. He has deceived many patrons to grant him powers - for example he may adorn himself in ivory armour and use a blade made of Light. Should you attempt to engage him in melee combat it is probably wise to rely on brute force rather than skill at arms.

Should we attempt to slay him the wises course is probably to render him mute and destroy him from afar or dominate him so utterly that he will slay himself. Should someone be able to gaze upon him unhindered they will also stand a good chance - he relies on his brightness for defence. Killing him will cause no ritual backlash.

After we've killed him (or before!) we should see to killing Clanthail of the Twisted Mouth (his lieutenant) and the remaining Soldiers / Priests.

Finally, I consulted the runes.

The first time I threw them they were scattered in three groups. In the centre lay the runes which represent Foe, Death, Travel and the Hunt. I read this to mean that in the near future we will visit three places and either hunting and killing our foes or laying a trap for them.
One group held the runes for Mountains and Gold and Caves. I read this as a Gold Mine in the mountains - The Brandins feels right.
The second group showed a Smith, a City, Wine and nearby the City was the Thief. This caused me some trouble, but I am certain it is a tavern, and the rest came after consulting maps - the Smith's City near the Thieves is, of course, the Northern "Forgetown".
The final group of runes showed water and earth and plants. I read this to be the swamps of Kasnia.

I threw the runes a second time and got a rune representing the dead, horns, travel, sand and the Sun. I take this to mean that dead blauz travel to the lands of Ishma.

+Quote Post
giles
post Mar 23 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #14

Legend

Member No.: 68

Apologies - my inability to punctuate makes the last answer misleading - the runes show you dead blauz soldiers. Consequently their leaders have to travel to Ishma themselves.

Hope that is clearer. Seemed unfair to penalise you for my inability to use a comma

Giles.

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 23 2010, 08:09 AM
Post #15

Post Police

The Circle has deemed I am needed elsewhere

I am sorry

Trust me on the Silver and Gold.

Nikoli

--------------------

+Quote Post
AlanG
post Mar 23 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #16

Mercenary

Member No.: 129

It seems we now know where to travel to for the materials needed to slay the Green Nail.

I know these maybe questions we need to ask at a later stage but is Ghilion Blas's defence of brighness and sword of light from a magical source only? If so, some of our number can summon Undead spirits which should not be blinded by magical bringtness/light and therefore able to attack/hinder Ghilion.

Once killed can Ghilion be returned to life? Reason I ask if one or more of his followers maybe able to do this. If so we need to prevent this from happening.

Can we gain more information on Clanthail of the Twisted Mouth? It is likely we will meet him before or at the same time as Ghilion. If after defeating Ghilion, we need to move swiftly to stop Clanthail taking control of the remaining Blauz.

The Blauz traveling to the lands of Ishma is also a concern. What is their reason for traveling there? Do they have allies there? Is Ishma were Ghilion gained some power e.g. the brightness/light?

I look forward to seeing you all again,

Wolfgang Ottsberg.

QUOTE(ChrisAndrews @ Mar 23 2010, 12:33 AM) *
Ghillon Blas.

He's very bright - too bright to look at without being blinded. He has deceived many patrons to grant him powers - for example he may adorn himself in ivory armour and use a blade made of Light. Should you attempt to engage him in melee combat it is probably wise to rely on brute force rather than skill at arms.

Should we attempt to slay him the wises course is probably to render him mute and destroy him from afar or dominate him so utterly that he will slay himself. Should someone be able to gaze upon him unhindered they will also stand a good chance - he relies on his brightness for defence. Killing him will cause no ritual backlash.

After we've killed him (or before!) we should see to killing Clanthail of the Twisted Mouth (his lieutenant) and the remaining Soldiers / Priests.
Finally, I consulted the runes.

The first time I threw them they were scattered in three groups. In the centre lay the runes which represent Foe, Death, Travel and the Hunt. I read this to mean that in the near future we will visit three places and either hunting and killing our foes or laying a trap for them.
One group held the runes for Mountains and Gold and Caves. I read this as a Gold Mine in the mountains - The Brandins feels right.
The second group showed a Smith, a City, Wine and nearby the City was the Thief. This caused me some trouble, but I am certain it is a tavern, and the rest came after consulting maps - the Smith's City near the Thieves is, of course, the Northern "Forgetown".
The final group of runes showed water and earth and plants. I read this to be the swamps of Kasnia.
I threw the runes a second time and got a rune representing the dead, horns, travel, sand and the Sun. I take this to mean that dead blauz travel to the lands of Ishma.

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Mar 23 2010, 10:22 AM
Post #17

Legend

I have the bottle in hand. Spite Spleenripper has made such for us and it will be delivered to us at Coris Mount this Starsday.

Melanie

+Quote Post
Rob
post Mar 23 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #18

Legend

QUOTE(MattJ @ Mar 23 2010, 10:22 AM) *
I have the bottle in hand. Spite Spleenripper has made such for us and it will be delivered to us at Coris Mount this Starsday.

Melanie

Is there anything specific that still needs finding out?

Andre

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisAndrews
post Mar 23 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #19

Tiffer

Member No.: 34

QUOTE(AlanG @ Mar 23 2010, 08:18 AM) *
I know these maybe questions we need to ask at a later stage but is Ghilion Blas's defence of brighness and sword of light from a magical source only? If so, some of our number can summon Undead spirits which should not be blinded by magical bringtness/light and therefore able to attack/hinder Ghilion.

I am unsure - I would hazard that it does not matter what causes him to be bright, the only form of undead that would stand a chance is a Wight or Wraith.

I believe that Vision Salves will reduce the glare, but I am no apocothary and someone more learned should correct me if I am wrong.

Uhtred

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Mar 23 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #20

Legend

Nikoli has already mentioned the other 2 green nails being harmed by silver and gold. Only one of the three is still living. Is she harmed by silver or gold? The runes would indicate to me that she is harmed by gold and that we need to obtain the ore from the Brandins, have it made into a weapon in forgetown and then we can locate the green nail in the swamps of Kasnia. Is everyone in agreement on this?

Killing the third green nail to ensure they have no other method of scrying would seem sensible in which case we need to do as the runes have stated.

The problem with getting the other part of the spear is that it's in the sunless. This means that we either need to go and get the spear from the sunless or give them cause to bring it somewhere else.

Andre, I will leave it to your discrestion as to what you scry about in preparation for this Starsday unless anyone else has any suggestions.

Melanie

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:49 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins