IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Harmer gree site. - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Harmer gree site., Harmer green site.
post Mar 25 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Might be worth having alook at the experiences the recent Elbereth spesh had...pls read through all and bear in mind a couple of compounding factors :snow,excessive rain.
http://www.labyrinthe.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1509
Im posting this as all need to be aware and prep.......boots, sock changes and so on.
As we have time to prep we can have a think about extra gear to take to mitigate weather situation,possible extra tents and certainly exrta provisions for Monster ref crew!!!!
I have just picked up from ebay a box of hand warmer sahcets for under £10 for example.(not enough for all but certainly some for the monsters)
Maybe we can have a word with Andy (im sure who will have read this also) about planned location use and so.

if the link doesnt work its in the general discussion section"Harmer gree site"
Many thanks to all who posted there for the heads up.
Long term weather forecast is saying it should be nowhere near that temp or rain level by then...FYI.

Now the debate tree has been been shaken lets see what falls out.

C
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2008, 06:17 PM
Post #2

Group:

I'm going to try and keep this fairly neutral, but I don't think it would be unfair to say that -from a crew perspective- we are aware of the threats and dealing with them.

The advice that has been posted so far still stands.

I would steer clear of handwarmers personally. They feel very nice but the gel ones wear out too quickly for field use and I don't trust the flaming charcoal ones. And something I remember from First Aid about heat pulling blood away from the extremities
But that might be getting a bit paranoid.
(not to mention that once you stop holding it you feel even colder. So possible for non-combantants ;p)

I could, however wax lyirical about thermals, hats and fingerless gloves.
And deodorant to go with them. Lots of deodorant.

And socks. Lots of changes of socks.

But I figured you already knew that... smile.gif

I'll leave others who know more about tents and food & beverages to post as needed, but I believe that that is in motion as well.

Ed

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 25 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #3

Arch-Enemy

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

QUOTE(EdBush @ Mar 25 2008, 06:17 PM) *
we are aware of the threats and dealing with them.

I've got my all-white ghilli suit ready just in case it does snow again.

Handwarmer thingies are good for emergencies (I remember being halfway up a lake district mountain with a hyperthermic NibNib and wishing I had some) but I reckon you'll be fine. Ed's completely wrong about heat drawing blood away from the extremities, it's the other way round which is where the trouble starts. But we won't be worrying about that.

J

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #4

Group:

i was starting to wonder if the location had been changed at the last minute to alaska.

Joe

+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #5

Group:

QUOTE(Jasper @ Mar 25 2008, 07:53 PM) *
Ed's completely wrong about heat drawing blood away from the extremities, it's the other way round which is where the trouble starts.

Damn, I just re-read the post and Jasper is entirely correct and I said the inverse.
Please do not rely on LRP forums for first aid advice in cases of Hypothermia.

Anyway. Nothing jumping nekkid into a bacco-foil bin liner can't sort out smile.gif

Ed

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:10 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins