Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Final Dawn 2011
DaveR
post Sep 4 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #21

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 123

I must've glanced over that part ... I will confess to scan reading the initial post.... Thanks for putting those concerns to rest Miles/Bruno. Now just to make sure I have time off work ....

Dave

--------------------
-----------
Dave

Todays Bonus Question;-
-------- What was invented by someone who didn't want it, bought by someone who didn't need it, and needed by someone who doesn't know it ?

Remember, Whilst Google is your friend, try using your grey matter first ;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LucyH
post Sep 4 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #22

Hag

Member No.: 42

QUOTE(DaveR @ Sep 4 2011, 09:25 PM) *
I must've glanced over that part ... I will confess to scan reading the initial post.... Thanks for putting those concerns to rest Miles/Bruno. Now just to make sure I have time off work ....
Dave

Alas, the event is already booked up - don't make my mistake of trying to get the time off work first sad.gif

Lucy

--------------------
"A horrific example of humanity"

+Quote Post
DaveR
post Sep 4 2011, 09:27 PM
Post #23

Mercenary

but.... but ..... but ..... damn ...... Oh well, If off will have to monster instead.... I still get to call quad lot's and not have to concern myself that I only have 40% left biggrin.gif

--------------------
-----------
Dave

Todays Bonus Question;-
-------- What was invented by someone who didn't want it, bought by someone who didn't need it, and needed by someone who doesn't know it ?

+Quote Post
miles
post Sep 4 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #24

Mercenary

Member No.: 142

QUOTE(LucyH @ Sep 4 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Alas, the event is already booked up - don't make my mistake of trying to get the time off work first sad.gif

Lucy

More spaces will open up once we have more monsters booked as we do not want 48 players booked and no monsters.

miles

--------------------
The game is not always about balance

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Sep 5 2011, 06:29 AM
Post #25

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(abyatt @ Sep 2 2011, 11:51 AM) *
We have created the online booking with a certain number of player spaces, and will only look to expand on these once there are sufficient booked monsters to do so – this is in order to ensure that there are sufficient crew to make this a really good event for all involved.

We'd love to get as many people as possible onto the event, and plan to open more spaces as mentioned above once we have sufficient monsters booked in order to do so.

There are bonuses for monsters booking on before the end of October - so if you're interested in monstering then best to book on earlier - more for you and means we can open extra player spaces sooner

Andy

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
BBB
post Sep 5 2011, 07:38 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 25

Regards sleeping space what are the chances of making use of the Cafe Basement? or would that push costs up?

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Sep 5 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #27

Mercenary

QUOTE(BBB @ Sep 5 2011, 08:38 AM) *
Regards sleeping space what are the chances of making use of the Cafe Basement? or would that push costs up?

BBB

We currently have three options that we're looking at, but final arrangements will depend on the number of people booked on to all three sections.

We'll provide details nearer the time when we know the number of people that will need to use the 3-hour break

Andy

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Sep 6 2011, 07:17 AM
Post #28

Legend

Member No.: 446

Would it be possible to have the option to run the 3 sections end-to-end on a single battleboard? Rather than 150 points per section, the total points could go up to balance the extra difficulty of not getting 2 restarts
Cheers
David "hard core" Fisher

+Quote Post
Bruno
post Sep 6 2011, 11:03 AM
Post #29

Hero

Member No.: 41

Because 450pts in 2 days is too low! ohmy.gif

--------------------
--
Bruno

+Quote Post
post Sep 6 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #30

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Sep 6 2011, 08:17 AM) *
Would it be possible to have the option to run the 3 sections end-to-end on a single battleboard? Rather than 150 points per section, the total points could go up to balance the extra difficulty of not getting 2 restarts
Cheers
David "hard core" Fisher

Nothing hard core about making the other players carry you so you can score bonus points tbh.

Guy "shouldn't have butted in" Verona

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Sep 6 2011, 12:09 PM
Post #31

Legend

Member No.: 574

QUOTE(GuyV @ Sep 6 2011, 01:02 PM) *
Nothing hard core about making the other players carry you so you can score bonus points tbh.

Guy "shouldn't have butted in" Verona

My worry was that if this became an option then some people would just get carried as you mention,

However to be fair to David he would contribute fairly fully over 2 days with 1 battle board as all his characters are ridiculous...

+Quote Post
Bruno
post Sep 6 2011, 12:09 PM
Post #32

Hero

Member No.: 41

450 points in 2 days is rather a lot anyway!

--------------------
--
Bruno

+Quote Post
DanM
post Sep 6 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #33

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Ryan @ Sep 6 2011, 01:09 PM) *
My worry was that if this became an option then some people would just get carried as you mention,

Or hide.

"Sorry I'm out of power, let me med for 3 hours"

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
DaveR
post Sep 6 2011, 12:33 PM
Post #34

Mercenary

Isnt that half the fun of 24 hours ? trying to make your power last that much longer ..... also with 3 hours enforced rest for those doing all three sections - shouldn't be too much of a worry....

Admittedly if I get on I won't be playing a power user .... but thats cause sometimes it's fun to just do quad.

Dave

--------------------
-----------
Dave

Todays Bonus Question;-

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Sep 6 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #35

Legend

Member No.: 446

Happy either way.
Wanted to make it more of a challenge, to see if I could do it. Would not be much of a challenge if my solution to do it was to just hide or med.
Regardless of points, I will likely try anyway

Just because...

David

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Sep 7 2011, 07:35 AM
Post #36

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Sep 6 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Happy either way.
Wanted to make it more of a challenge, to see if I could do it. Would not be much of a challenge if my solution to do it was to just hide or med.
Regardless of points, I will likely try anyway

Just because...

David

Is this event only going to be 24 places and 12 at night?

I see its fully booked already, I had hoped to play as it could be the only chance for me in the near future due to other commitments.

Steve

+Quote Post
miles
post Sep 7 2011, 07:41 AM
Post #37

Mercenary

Member No.: 142

QUOTE(Stevelouch @ Sep 7 2011, 08:35 AM) *
Is this event only going to be 24 places and 12 at night?

I see its fully booked already, I had hoped to play as it could be the only chance for me in the near future due to other commitments.

Steve

As more monsters book on more spaces will open up.

miles

--------------------
The game is not always about balance

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Sep 7 2011, 08:10 AM
Post #38

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

QUOTE(miles @ Sep 7 2011, 08:41 AM) *
As more monsters book on more spaces will open up.

miles

Thanks Miles, Although I would possibly monster this if not possible to play, I have monstered the last few dungeons and have not played a dungeon in a few years now. sad.gif

Cheers

Steve

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Sep 9 2011, 09:00 AM
Post #39

Mercenary

The admin system has now been updated to allow us to add multiple bookings for one person on the same day. You will still need to e-mail us if you want to book onto more than one event on the same day (sorry but we know it would happen and someone would turn up to play when they've booked to ref as well!).

we've converted all the current multiple bookings so if you're booked onto more than 1 Final Dawn section you should now be able to see all of them in your My Bookings page and be able to pay online for any/all of them.

... if you're interested in monstering then don't forget the bonuses for early booking. We'll open more playing spaces as soon as we have sufficient monsters to do so

Andy

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Oct 17 2011, 08:25 AM
Post #40

Mercenary

Following discussions with the event referees for the Final Dawn, please find below an update on this years event:

There will no longer be a forum between the two days. There will be an opportunity for players to finish the first day and to continue to interact with the players on the night section for a short time should they so wish in order to ensure that plot handover can occur ic. Miles may follow up with additional information.

Decisions will be taken at the time of closing the caves on Sunday 13th of November as to the final status of the final dawn event, along the following guidelines:
  • If fewer than 6 monsters are booked at that time then regretfully the event will be cancelled
  • If there are between 6 and 8 monsters booked then the event will be confirmed and sealed at its current number of players
  • If there are 9 monsters booked then an additional 6 player spaces will be opened
  • If there are more than 9 monsters booked then we will announce final playing spaces shortly after that weekend
Andrew

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:34 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins