IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Myron - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Myron, Should it not be widley known
OxMatt
post Jul 23 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #21

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

Is Labyrinthia overstretched East of Suez?

Matt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JustinC
post Jul 24 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #22

Hero

Member No.: 51

BBB's wrong - Imperial land and citizens were harmed by this invading force.

Large numbers of elves loyal to the Empire have been hunted down and killed by the demons, and my (imperially funded) warband got a kicking.

Just FYI.

JC

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 24 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #23

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(ethuil @ Jul 22 2009, 10:03 PM) *
I seem to remember, though I could be imagining this, playing a monster part where we did everything in the name of Myron (war cries, verbals etc) but not knowing anything about it beyond that.

Firstly - s I am sure you did - the important thing for plot is you dont NEED to know why

Secondly the referee (If its the event I think it was) had no idea either - devaluing the point behind it!

I think Dan is right in many ways however:

It sort of only just happened

In a massive mainly "middle ages" world word travels slowly. As suck lots of PCs know about it (mainly the ones in HotE) so it is more than possible they could have spread the word

Now this is a HotE invasion not a LRP invasion (yes there does have to be a difference) In the same way that Thor (20 year old character, 10 year + old HotE character) still needs an army to win in HotE there is no point sending 12 1500 point mercenaries to fight the invasion.

Yes the odd dungeon could encounter the odd warband of demons - but then people start casting comms and similar and that all gets a bit "difficult"

IMO what WOULD be good (and it is actually in hand believe it or not) is to have role play encounters and similar with rumour and information about what goes on in the Empire - so for example you could have learnt about this invasion on a Max 250 from a trader who was fleeing Alguz. This is obviously restricted by information flow - often there is a lag between plot being invented by Alan and being useable by reffs / plot team.

The only time specific HotE plots are going to get dealt with in LRP is when they get specifically organised and briefs go to reffs from Alan. This will more foten than not be player solicited.

I am sure none of the above helps at all!

Rob
Plot Team

--------------------

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Jul 24 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #24

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

From what I remember we as monsters didn't mind but the party began going "who the hell is Myron?" which I imagine was the desired effect wink.gif

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 24 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #25

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(JustinC @ Jul 24 2009, 01:04 PM) *
BBB's wrong - Imperial land and citizens were harmed by this invading force.

Large numbers of elves loyal to the Empire have been hunted down and killed by the demons, and my (imperially funded) warband got a kicking.

Just FYI.

JC

Actually JC re-read what I wrote. I made no mention of Imperial Citizens wink.gif

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
post Jul 24 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #26

Group:
Member No.: 0

I send headlines of noticeable events in each area, and have done for quite a while to Andy when I send in the charging each month. So it doesn't quite just exist in my head. And there are an awful lot of people and character's in HotE. The two are firmly linked as nigh on everything derives from character action in some fashion.

If expansion is needed it can be so requested. If a ref wants specific information he can ask and will receive, and has been able to for many years. It works both ways - the CMT are very good at forwarding CPs, an event near a miracle after the opposite was true under the previous owner.

+Quote Post
Jan
post Jul 24 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #27

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

QUOTE(Alan23 @ Jul 24 2009, 04:40 PM) *
I send headlines of noticeable events in each area, and have done for quite a while to Andy when I send in the charging each month. So it doesn't quite just exist in my head. And there are an awful lot of people and character's in HotE. The two are firmly linked as nigh on everything derives from character action in some fashion.

Alan
That list of headlines sounds like exactly the kind of thing which would help integrate more fringe LRPers. Good stuff! smile.gif

Rob
I don't think people are saying that LRP should be able to solve the problems, just that there should be a method for which once a quarter, once a month style players can get a rough feel of the state of the empire, without having to read the huge amounts of very interesting, but quite time consuming stuff on the 4 or more forums which cater for players. Not a nag, not a poke at the plot team smile.gif

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
post Jul 24 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #28

Group:

QUOTE(Jan @ Jul 24 2009, 04:44 PM) *
Alan
That list of headlines sounds like exactly the kind of thing which would help integrate more fringe LRPers. Good stuff! smile.gif

They are very OOC, bullet notes in effect that aren't flavourful, but bullet points. Useful I'm sure for what they are used for, but they're not 'news' per se.

+Quote Post
Jan
post Jul 24 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #29

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

QUOTE(Alan23 @ Jul 24 2009, 04:53 PM) *
They are very OOC, bullet notes in effect that aren't flavourful, but bullet points. Useful I'm sure for what they are used for, but they're not 'news' per se.

On a seperate post I am pushing for 3 'tabloid' style headlines, nothing more, no details - they need to play HotE or read the various forums for that. Hence being chuffed you already had it in hand from your end biggrin.gif

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
post Jul 28 2009, 07:32 AM
Post #30

Group:

Hope you don't mind the intrustion, but I noticed the other day that "skeletonhunter" is talking about a monthly digest called the 'Monthly Empire'. Sounds like as good a way as any to get information across...

OK, going back into my hole now...

smile.gif

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 28 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #31

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Alan23 @ Jul 24 2009, 04:53 PM) *

So where do these actually end up after you send them?

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:34 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins