> Obituary for Theo
Carlo
post Sep 4 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

Alright fellow mercenaries.

I wouldn't normally bother with this [----]. On account that us mercenaries have this gift/curse to just keep coming back.

But you know what - this bloke was proper special. He healed you without any stress, even if perhaps with a sigh or quip about the big shield on your back and how you should probably use it more. Or how, that Shard he gave you bound with healing miracles could probably have saved your life from that deadly hippo man. Or how you should just learn to hit harder.

He was a good bloke. And I don't just mean because he could heal, but because he gave everyone a chance - and if they fucked it up he would have no gripes in giving all he could to put things right. Either by healing his friends while they kicked the bad peoples heads in - or if even, we weren't doing it right he would kick their heads in himself. Sometimes even better than we could manage.

Although, to stay on track. The important bit remains is that we kicked their heads in. Whoever they may be. Assuming they wasn't us.

He was always one step ahead too. He sent his mates a letter after his final death, and made sure we were all looked after. I mean, I did it too - but I think anyone in the Dales has a letter in case of death because well - it just happened quite a lot.
The Torsland Dales were dangerous. And fun. And we all shed so much blood, vitae, sweat and tears there. But among all that shared shed body fluid, we had a huge amount of laughs too. Anyway, I lost my point somewhere. Probably after body fluid.

To those that knew him, raise a tankard of ale and a good bacon sandwich, and just think about him for a bit.

He may be back soon, bigger, better, tougher (ha!), but I still think it's important to remember his last life cos you know - what if his next life he is different, and like a Half Bronze Drave Friar of the faith of Sorcha or something. Actually I joke... but if that is what he was, he'd still work out a way to kick all our heads in if we got out of line.

Anyway Theo, enjoy your well earned rest. Thanks for being my friend. I'll bang that drum especially for you in your memory.

Max
Sorcha's Priest
Torsland Dales
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Sep 4 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 155

I met Lord Be'Akris when I was a member of a cult led by a rather, as it turned out, dubious Noble.

Rather then see me killed he gave me a chance and I ended up following the Empress as one of Her lesser priests.

Theo always counselled showing mercy and avoiding killing if possible and I have tried to follow his wishes. Once I met a tribal Shaman who was amazed our group had met him without killing any of his tribe on the way and so was rather helpful. Another time we avoided waking a powerful Altar Spirit by not killing the temple's hostile priests. Almost certainly the teachings of Lord Be'Akris saved lives on both of those missions.

I am sad to see his passing but look forward to his return.

Justing DaKult.
Senatorial Reeve to Lord Be'Akris.

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Sep 4 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 48

I didn't agree with Theo on everything, but I admired him a great deal. He was one of those who made me less cynical about the Empire than I might otherwise be, and a good friend. He shall be missed.

Ignatius

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 03:34 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins