IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Battle of Armstas - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Battle of Armstas
Rob
post Jun 21 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #21

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

QUOTE(AndrewBucknell @ Jun 21 2008, 12:55 PM) *
Owl
And is this wizard a person a god or something else?
Whatever he is, is there some reason that says we cannot go and give him a kicking?
Kintarma
lately of keys

What about saying "Actually yes we lost - but this is our city, now well done, feel free to come stay, pay tax and help to defend it - but actually we are not going to walk away from 4 years hard work"

Maybe its time the Empire stopped letting people walk all over it, called in some favours and kicked some peoples faces in (no offence Mr Spi.... I mean Watching Owl) This is NOT intended as an insult to Ember, Drago and co who have done an amazing job in Keys - its a suggestion that maybe we need a united Empire with a drastic change in foreign policy

It looks from a totally out side perspective that Keys was lured in to a fight it couldnt win (it would either be out numbered, or outnumbered in a different way or if using even numbers would have basically crap fighting basically elite forces) - no way could they win from the hill I am standing on - since when did The Empire let other people dictate to it?

What we have shown is weakness in not backing our brothers in Keys - now any jonny foreigner with a fancy for a juicy part of the Empire or whose mums cousins sisters dad got buried in Halgar so it must belong to them is going to have a pop

unleash the Parmonian of war I say

And before you go in to some rhetoric Watching Owl - no offence - I like you but Im not interested wink.gif

Path Colonel Williiam Chance
Imperial Pathfinders
Imperial Shit Kicker

Actually my mums cousins sisters dad is burried in Halgar - so Ill be mobilising a force to take over on the way home from the pub

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EMBER
post Jun 23 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #22

Nightsoil

Member No.: 109

Thank you your words william, no insult is taken, there is a lot of information that the councillors have that most people are unaware off.
This has been going on for over a year now and there are always people who think they know whats going on and speak out .
ALL i wish to say is leave it to count DRAGO, he has built keys from nothing to one of the greatest city's in the empire, what ever happens to our city is down to him and him alone.

Ember

QUOTE(Rob @ Jun 21 2008, 05:57 PM) *
What about saying "Actually yes we lost - but this is our city, now well done, feel free to come stay, pay tax and help to defend it - but actually we are not going to walk away from 4 years hard work"

Maybe its time the Empire stopped letting people walk all over it, called in some favours and kicked some peoples faces in (no offence Mr Spi.... I mean Watching Owl) This is NOT intended as an insult to Ember, Drago and co who have done an amazing job in Keys - its a suggestion that maybe we need a united Empire with a drastic change in foreign policy

It looks from a totally out side perspective that Keys was lured in to a fight it couldnt win (it would either be out numbered, or outnumbered in a different way or if using even numbers would have basically crap fighting basically elite forces) - no way could they win from the hill I am standing on - since when did The Empire let other people dictate to it?

What we have shown is weakness in not backing our brothers in Keys - now any jonny foreigner with a fancy for a juicy part of the Empire or whose mums cousins sisters dad got buried in Halgar so it must belong to them is going to have a pop

unleash the Parmonian of war I say

And before you go in to some rhetoric Watching Owl - no offence - I like you but Im not interested wink.gif

Path Colonel Williiam Chance
Imperial Pathfinders
Imperial Shit Kicker

Actually my mums cousins sisters dad is burried in Halgar - so Ill be mobilising a force to take over on the way home from the pub

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #23

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(BBB @ Jun 20 2008, 10:36 AM) *
The Torn Islanders won, the intereference changes nothing of the result except it allowed the Eorl to stop the battle and spare the lives of the last of the Defenders of Keys that they might walk off the Battlefield.

Watching-Owl

In actually fact, though it may seem simply nit picking, at the time the battle ended (with the interuption of the ritual strikes) forces loyal to Keys still remained on the field. I and my twenty still held the hill and other forces remained undefeated.

This means that neither side can claim victory of the battle.

I have no illusions as to our chances of success if the battle had continued but the fact is, it did not and the forces of the City and Empire walked from the field.

What happens now I do not know but as it stands we have acted with honour and according to the agreement and the City of Keys remains part of the Empire.

In addition I hope anyone with any information about the ritualists who tried to drag the Empire into war will come forwards or pass their information onto the Covenant.

Drago

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jun 23 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #24

GSM

Member No.: 54

Well why don't you take the forces you had left back, and the Islanders take what they had left back. Then you can finish the fight?

That way you will get to loose, and then you will either have to break your promise, or leave Armstas. I hope you either accept you were beaten and leave, or go back and finish the fight.

Slinking Thru.

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #25

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(sonof @ Jun 23 2008, 01:14 PM) *
Well why don't you take the forces you had left back, and the Islanders take what they had left back. Then you can finish the fight?

That way you will get to loose, and then you will either have to break your promise, or leave Armstas. I hope you either accept you were beaten and leave, or go back and finish the fight.

Slinking Thru.

The fight, agreement, honour and consequences are between the Eorl of the Torn Isles and myself.

Rest assured though that I will give your suggestion the consideration it deserves.

Drago

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jun 23 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #26

Legend

QUOTE(AshleyS @ Jun 23 2008, 01:33 PM) *
The fight, agreement, honour and consequences are between the Eorl of the Torn Isles and myself.

Rest assured though that I will give your suggestion the consideration it deserves.

Drago

Haha

I like you Count Drago

I think I may go kick my lads out of the various taverns over the Empire where they have been growing fat for a few years and get them running up and down a mountain (which may or may not be populated by furries) get them in shape and go back to work

Sounds like an ideal time to be a soldier

I think I am due a pay rise though, and I am pretty damn sure the boys will want a rise - they havent done a decent days work since ... Gustav i think...

Colonel Chance
Pathfinders
Knight of the Empire
Restless
Etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
EMBER
post Jun 23 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #27

Nightsoil

Member No.: 109

Keys has a very large coffer for people who defend it, we "did" have the largest non bastion army in the empire but could do with a few replacements now !

So bring along your lads and if the bastion doesn't pay up I am sure keys will.

Ember

QUOTE(Rob @ Jun 23 2008, 06:02 PM) *
Haha

I like you Count Drago

I think I may go kick my lads out of the various taverns over the Empire where they have been growing fat for a few years and get them running up and down a mountain (which may or may not be populated by furries) get them in shape and go back to work

Sounds like an ideal time to be a soldier

I think I am due a pay rise though, and I am pretty damn sure the boys will want a rise - they havent done a decent days work since ... Gustav i think...

Colonel Chance
Pathfinders
Knight of the Empire
Restless
Etc

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jun 23 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #28

Legend

QUOTE(EMBER @ Jun 23 2008, 06:15 PM) *
Keys has a very large coffer for people who defend it, we "did" have the largest non bastion army in the empire but could do with a few replacements now !

So bring along your lads and if the bastion doesn't pay up I am sure keys will.

Ember

I am willing to help if the Empress wills it

We are the Imperial Pathfinders (the orginal, the best etc etc) pressuming I can scrape enough of them up from whichever gutters they are currently living.

It will be The Empire we serve though not Keys - but as Keys is part of the Empire I am sure Mr Ember that will not be an issue

Bastion bloody better pay or Chief God Emperor General Steadfast will find himself as robbed as the last person who upset "the boys" (I didnt go in that Alguz Cathedral, oh no sir, was not me - I was in Sellavile with Mr Saladin - I have witnesses)

Oh and I did mention to Parmonian that if he wanted anywhere invaded Id be up for it

(ooc just mailed Alan to see if I can sneak a start up order in to the Halgar turn for the month)

Chance
Pathfinders
Restless
Etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
evilwizard
post Jun 25 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #29

Militiaman

Member No.: 78

Didn't all this start when some people started building houses on an old graveyard?

or is it far more complex than that?

William.

--------------------
In AD&D 1st Edition the spell "Mount" should only ever be used as a seige weapon....

+Quote Post
Patch
post Jul 1 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #30

Mercenary

Member No.: 59

QUOTE(evilwizard @ Jun 25 2008, 04:41 PM) *
Didn't all this start when some people started building houses on an old graveyard?

or is it far more complex than that?

William.

Kind of...

The Armastas is a place of Holy significance to the Tribes, it could be placed on par with that of a Cathedral in the tems of structured faiths...

Ultimately the city of Keys was sited over it, and the simple fact of it's presence has effected the Armastas, I'm not entirely qualified to explain how or why, as the mysteries of the old faiths are not something I am privy too...

I do know that if someone kicked in the doors of my cathedral and setup shop on my altar I'd be upset, it's a difficult situation though for those who live in keys have commited no intentional wrongdoing.

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com

+Quote Post
Patch
post Jul 1 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #31

Mercenary

QUOTE(Rob @ Jun 23 2008, 07:48 PM) *
Bastion bloody better pay or Chief God Emperor General Steadfast will find himself as robbed as the last person who upset "the boys" (I didnt go in that Alguz Cathedral, oh no sir, was not me - I was in Sellavile with Mr Saladin - I have witnesses)

Chance
Pathfinders
Restless
Etc

I must say Captain, I'd be most upset if I were to belive that any imperial sanctioned body simply felt it would walk into any temple to any god and steal objects of religious significance...

Owning land as the empire does, does not grant the ownership of everything upon it...

Still I'm quite sure this is just high spirits... Given the issues the empire is having at the moment, I'd hate for the people of Alguz to fear the empire steals from the faith that has gaurded them from harm, we don't need another city up in arms.

On the upside I'm certain Aaron would welcome the pathfinders the Bastion lacks decent hound...

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 1 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #32

Legend

QUOTE(Patch @ Jul 1 2008, 03:45 PM) *
I must say Captain, I'd be most upset if I were to belive that any imperial sanctioned body simply felt it would walk into any temple to any god and steal objects of religious significance...

Owning land as the empire does, does not grant the ownership of everything upon it...

Still I'm quite sure this is just high spirits... Given the issues the empire is having at the moment, I'd hate for the people of Alguz to fear the empire steals from the faith that has gaurded them from harm, we don't need another city up in arms.

On the upside I'm certain Aaron would welcome the pathfinders the Bastion lacks decent hound...

Harpell

Already in hand Harpell

Oh and regarding Imperial Sanctioned bodies ..... We all have to have time off and the boys ... well they get bored so easy.

High spirits... Thats it!

Never did find those demon etchings though...

Chance

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patch
post Jul 1 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #33

Mercenary

QUOTE(Rob @ Jul 1 2008, 04:52 PM) *
Already in hand Harpell

Oh and regarding Imperial Sanctioned bodies ..... We all have to have time off and the boys ... well they get bored so easy.

High spirits... Thats it!

Never did find those demon etchings though...

Chance

Good Good...

If you fancy it there is a whole quater we turned over to the Bastion that justs sits there... I'm really looking for someone to take it on, Aaron is far to busy and as I say it just kinda sits there crumbling...

assuming of course your boys could manage to keep their "high spirits" under control...

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 1 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #34

Legend

QUOTE(Patch @ Jul 1 2008, 04:55 PM) *
Good Good...

If you fancy it there is a whole quater we turned over to the Bastion that justs sits there... I'm really looking for someone to take it on, Aaron is far to busy and as I say it just kinda sits there crumbling...

assuming of course your boys could manage to keep their "high spirits" under control...

Harpell

Tempting indeed

I am at this very moment moment in the Bastion "Looking to take advantage of all unused space and resources"

Chance

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patch
post Jul 1 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #35

Mercenary

QUOTE(Rob @ Jul 1 2008, 05:12 PM) *
Tempting indeed

I am at this very moment moment in the Bastion "Looking to take advantage of all unused space and resources"

Chance

We'll speak privately

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:28 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins