IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Radiated Benefits - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Radiated Benefits
AndyM
post Jan 27 2008, 05:29 PM
Post #1

Levy

Group: Members
Member No.: 46

Hi Folks,

For those that want to get their Battle-Boards sorted before next weekend I radiate, to all Elbereth members, 3 / 1 life per 1000 points (or part of) you are below me: I am currently 10, 610 points past.

You also don't lose any armour uses on the adventure (Woo-hoo!).

Okay, that's what I give out, anybody else? The Banner? Any other guild items?

And I don't mean hats, lucky heather tongue.gif

(Though a nice plain black hat would be rather nice and you can never have too much lucky heather about...)

See yer next weekend

Andy M.

--------------------
Yes, I know he's a lich, but he's my lich!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Jan 27 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(AndyM @ Jan 27 2008, 05:29 PM) *
Hi Folks,

For those that want to get their Battle-Boards sorted before next weekend I radiate, to all Elbereth members, 3 / 1 life per 1000 points (or part of) you are below me: I am currently 10, 610 points past.

You also don't lose any armour uses on the adventure (Woo-hoo!).

Okay, that's what I give out, anybody else? The Banner? Any other guild items?

And I don't mean hats, lucky heather tongue.gif

(Though a nice plain black hat would be rather nice and you can never have too much lucky heather about...)
See yer next weekend

Andy M.

Guild Items :

Bless (other) x 2 per day as per paladin if utilise spirit item owned. If not gains Bless (other) x1/day as per paladin.

True Believer x1/day, which may be used to cast the soul sharing miracle.

If you are a pikey you are beguiled to me at 8 levels... (but i dont think Darig is Andy...)

Not sure about the banner, am quite sure it wont stack with your radiated life though.

ANd hey, Lucky Heather is great :-)

Carlo

+Quote Post
aaaarrrggh
post Jan 27 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #3

Heldsman

Member No.: 91

wink.gif

Is this a spiritual effect Andy?

Henry

--------------------
Henry

+Quote Post
Christine
post Jan 27 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 110

Before I start getting excited and thinking I can actually take getting hit once, can the ref (s) clarify what the position is regarding radiated benefits and section splits? Do we only get these if on the same section as Darig?

And i don't give out hats. Hats have to be earned.... and there are terrible disbenefits to losing them smile.gif

Christine

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jan 27 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 48

You'll be on the same section as Andy anyway, I would've thought?

As for me, I give the following:

"Immunity to the first curse (handbook or non handbook) that affects you. Five minutes of immunity to all curses (handbook and non handbook) immediately afterwards."

Matt

P.S. Random question - whats the situation if you run out of space on your character card? I think I have precisely no space left to buy any new abilities....

P.P.S. You have to be mark allied by me to get the above benefit, and you have to have at least a bit of a spirit. smile.gif

+Quote Post
post Jan 27 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #6

Group:
Member No.: 0

I'd be interested to know if the lower section gets this buff, cos +30/10 will make my life a lot easier :-)

+Quote Post
JustinC
post Jan 27 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #7

Hero

Member No.: 51

I -think- that elves, half-elves, draves and half-draves that accept my mark ally get 3/1 life, non-stacking with other mark ally life increases. Which Darig's isn't.

Drowe and Faeries do not get this, because they aren't elves.

I need to double-check, but I think I'm still handing it out =)

JC

+Quote Post
post Jan 27 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #8

Group:

The Church (as distinct from OOS / S&G) items are:

A. The gem
Grants all members a True Believer which may be used to cast soul sharing.

B. The scrolls
Which require seven priests to use and grant all church members joining in the ceremony one of:

An hour's med at +1 rate
A fully Prepared Total heal that heals perm
Any ongoing detrimental effect that can be removed by a published goodly miracle is removed
OR
Supreme Sacrifice, costing 10% Res Chance.

Lucy

+Quote Post
JonMace
post Jan 27 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Member No.: 90

The banner is now missing I am afraid, several of us also ported back to Gotherial and used the scrolls.

Many of the order died in out mission today all including myself were brought back to us, then using the scrolls in the manner of supreme sacrifice has left us much depleted.

I personally will have to pray to the Lady very hard as to whether I will be able to meet you all next Starsday, knowing that the Lady has a great mission coming up for me shortly.

Simon

+Quote Post
post Jan 28 2008, 06:30 AM
Post #10

Group:

The above is indeed all true, though i wish that you had given me time to condolidate the facts and present a more complete picture Simon.

We have indeed resecued the young boy, and Gwyn from both capture and almost certain death. It was while our attention was focused on this task at the very end of the day, that what i believe to be the Disciple of the Lord of Midnight reappeared (after being forced to run away) and stole The Lady's banner from us. I persoanlly feel that the loss of the banner, while sad and a blow to us all, the rescue of Tommy, Gwyn and ultilmately the Spark is a far greater prize.

The 'Disciple' tried to parlay with us, demanding my word that the Order would not go south for a year and a day - a pact i was unwilling to make.

It is worth noting a few other facts that may not be readily apparent to all...

1) A small network of black stone platforms in the shape of a star - they transport between a)The Imperial fort in the Bradins, cool.gif Achmed's House in Ishma and c) the sewers beneath teh Wench's rest Tavern in our beloved Gothiel. They all lead to another place, a 'facility' if you will that is responsible for the production of the Accursed Skeletons, Spectral Slayers and Children of teh Shadowed Star.

2) The Order has obtained deatiled information about how the processes for creating such abominations is employed, as well as the means to destroy the chambers that create such. This information is being translated as we speak by a feverish member of the Order.

3) theDisciple has at his disposal a Master Trapmaker, given the predicament that Gwyn was in when we found her. Multiple traps of the Incineration Glyph and worse (not sure why the box she was sitting on was ticking...). It would be wise for the Church to employ its scouts at all opportunities.

4) Gwyneth was stolen from us when we used the Transportatioon stars and replaced with a doppleganger. We could not tell as such through any normal means. It was only that we know Gwyn so well that the fiend's disguise was not as perfect as it would have liked that we saw it for what it was.

I believe that the Disciple does not have as much backing as he would like all of us to believe. I suspect that his mortal minions are limited to whatever lackeys he can bully atthe time, and whatever help he has bartered from the Robber Baron ( they are all gone from the Fort now, though could well return). I also suspect that he may be formerly of the Lady's faith...dont ask me how i know that, its just a feeling.

In the near future, i plan to lead the Order back to this place if possible, and raze it utterly. We accomplished sterling work today, with many of the Order giving valiantly and unselfishly so that a young boy may have a chance at life, and so that the Spark may also be safe for the future.

I am proud to head of the Order of Stars. I ask that all of you pray for my charges, for young Tommy, and for all of Primus that would call itself good and fine. The darkness knows we are coming and will shy away from our light, as it did yesterday.

For Gothiel...
For Starlight and Glory..

FOR THE LADY!!!

Armitage

Master of the Order
Archon of Stars

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jan 28 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #11

GSM

Member No.: 54

So everyone is aware radiate benefits, and guild items will carry over sections. I'm nice like that, and everyone on the lows having 30/10 extra life just makes stating easier...

I'll call a time stop before parties go off to do sectiosn and everyone can go through all the guild items present, all the radiated stuff etc. so people don't miss anything.

Son of

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jan 28 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #12

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

Can someone tell me whether the above benefits (ie; Darig's and the guild items) apply to Lay Believers. I realise that Lay believers don't get guild benefits but these are not guild benefits.

Ta
J

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
post Jan 28 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #13

Group:

QUOTE(Jasper @ Jan 28 2008, 05:20 PM) *
Can someone tell me whether the above benefits (ie; Darig's and the guild items) apply to Lay Believers. I realise that Lay believers don't get guild benefits but these are not guild benefits.

Oh darn, maybe I'll lose out on 30/10 after all (being Order of Stars, and possibly Starlight & Glory, and too few points to buy Ley Believer)

+Quote Post
MattHowells
post Jan 28 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #14

Militiaman

Member No.: 201

The one on on the All tables is as follows:

Ley Believer, may count as half a member of a priest guild for the sole purpose of that priest guild special adventures, does not gain any of the guild benefits, but must obey the ethos and restrictions of the guild, and be of the same alignment of the miracle list of the guild. This may not be bought if the character is already a member of a priest professional guild.

I reckon since you count as half a member you get half of Darig's radiated life smile.gif

There is also a subtly different one for paladins and the like which means you only have to match the good/neutral/evil part of the miracle list's alignment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AndyM
post Jan 28 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #15

Levy

Member No.: 46

QUOTE(aaaarrrggh @ Jan 27 2008, 05:43 PM) *
wink.gif

Is this a spiritual effect Andy?

Good point. The precise wording is "Elbereth members". There is no mention of spirit and the intention was for it to apply to all followers of Elbereth. I can't recall if Lorthandel (Paul Gough - apologies if I spelt it wrong) benefitted from it or not.

Perhaps an ex-GSM can remember and comment?

Also, to clarify mine is not an marked ally benefit.

Andy M.

(who's just confused himself and, no doubt, some others...)

--------------------
Yes, I know he's a lich, but he's my lich!

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jan 28 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #16

Legend

Member No.: 52

I'd argue that many people are members of the Elberetian faith just not all of them can be a member of the professional priestly guild.

I'm a Ley Believer gone Devout Believer so I'm an offiical hanger-on myself. None the less I'm sure the spirti is everyone gets Darigs life, after all its a Lee dael dungeon, it's not like it'll help!

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Jan 28 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #17

Viper

Member No.: 36

QUOTE(LucyH @ Jan 27 2008, 09:44 PM) *
The Church (as distinct from OOS / S&G) items are:

A. The gem
Grants all members a True Believer which may be used to cast soul sharing.

B. The scrolls
Which require seven priests to use and grant all church members joining in the ceremony one of:

An hour's med at +1 rate
A fully Prepared Total heal that heals perm
Any ongoing detrimental effect that can be removed by a published goodly miracle is removed
OR

Lucy

DO NOT USE THIS OPTION

Every time you do a kitten dies, Elbereth cries and Lee laughs at us.

STOP LETTING HIM KILL YOU FOR FREE.

An hour's med or a total heal should be enough for anyone.

Julian

PS Any Versy types using this will be taxed an additional 10% vitae by their Lord (me) seeing as they obviously have it to spare.

PPS Starlight & Glory members gain a paladinic bless, 2 if they have utilise spirit item (e.g. if you are priest, paladin or similar)

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Jan 28 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #18

Viper

Member No.: 36

QUOTE(Gordon @ Jan 28 2008, 09:30 PM) *
, after all its a Lee dael dungeon, it's not like it'll help!

That's enough of that defeatist talk Mr Court!

Dale dungeons can and have been completed without loss of res chance in the past, especially if people stop handing it to him on a platter (see previous post)

The target for this Saturday is to keep a clean sheet, got that everyone?

Julian

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jan 28 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #19

Hero

Member No.: 48

Bloody people with actual guild items. Our one is floating around in the void now - AND Andy Byatt got people to supreme sacrifice before it got nicked.

blink.gif

Matt

+Quote Post
JonMace
post Jan 28 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #20

Mercenary

Member No.: 90

QUOTE(OxMatt @ Jan 28 2008, 10:19 PM) *
Bloody people with actual guild items. Our one is floating around in the void now - AND Andy Byatt got people to supreme sacrifice before it got nicked.

blink.gif

Matt

No it was afterwards, but he had stolen one of our guild members which was more important.

But thinking about it I know that Darig knows when we die, does he also get the body? If so our maths was very wrong using the scrolls but very IC.

Jon

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:21 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins