IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Holy day of Valesius - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holy day of Valesius
Carlo
post Nov 13 2015, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

Greetings brothers and sisters,

It has been a very long time.

We fought hard together and achieved many things that should have been impossible. Although, the word in itself is sorta wrong, because nothing ever is - if you pray hard enough or work hard enough for it.

Tomorrow, we should remember those lives lost as we fought the battle to redeem Valesius. We chose redemption, and in bringing him to his new path, many of those of dark heart who we would have killed have now turned into the light. We fought, we thought, we sang, we laughed and we cried - but in the end we won.

Through our actions, and through his power we have turned some of the ugliness in this world into beauty. You know, it's like making a cake. It starts off full of ugly bits, but can be made into something much more more beautiful with enough care and attention and love. You don't really make a pretty cake with anger or bloodshed either I've learnt.

I'll be at one of the main temples in Gothiel in the morning. I'd love to see some of you there, it's been a very long time. Since we saved the Valar in fact. I'm a bit different now, but change is part of life I guess, but I'm still me. I think.

Remember this prayer, It was written by Ignatious and is another thing of beauty. Probably prettier than my thing about the cake too.

"Velasius, hearken unto us on this far western shore. Redeem now those who are corrupt, save those who are fallen, find those souls who are lost in the darkness of night. Under thy gaze, let righteousness roll on like a river, and justice like a never-failing stream. For in thy seat beside Elentari, Queen of the Stars, you see the intent of all - and none who truly repent shall be forsaken by thy holy power. Velasius, redeem this world."

May you all walk in Starlight. Hopefully I'll see some of you in the mornin'. I still remember all the songs.

Bradley
Pilgrim of the Stars
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Nov 14 2015, 11:14 PM
Post #2

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

Hello, everyone.

I'm sorry I left so abruptly. I wanted to explain, but I didn't feel safe there anymore. I don't want anyone to feel bad about that, but I didn't. But I don't want people to think I left because I was running away. I mean, I was, you know, but it's not the same. I mean I didn't mean to hide. Only to be safe.

I'm not going to give you excuses, cause that wouldn't be fair. I can't really say everything either, cause it's not just my story to tell. But yeah. I believe some things. I believe that when the song of the world was sung, certain things were sung into it. Things you all quite rightly think are bad. Because they are bad. But I don't believe that it was wrong for them to be part of the song; I believe that they are meant to be.

I know. You've fought some people in the past who thought that. But it's what I believe. It's what I've believed since I was young. It's why I can do the things I do, and why I think they are necessary. I'm not a bad person, at least I try not to be. I just think that there are meant to be shadows in the world, so that we can remember that being good people...it's not just something that you do. It's something you choose to do. That it's not easy, and it takes work, and - well, you need something there to remind you what happens if you don't.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with me; I know pretty much everyone here wouldn't. I don't want to start a big debate over it. But you had questions, and I wanted to answer, because you're my friends and you don't deserve to be lied to. I'm sorry I have. I was scared. I didn't think anyone would understand, and maybe you won't. But you deserve better than I've given. So here you are.

If people want me to, I'll go. I'm never going to stop following Her, but you know, I can do it without going out with all of you, or being part of the church. But I don't want to. I need people to help me remember the other side of the coin, you know? I need to not be on my own, because I did that before with my coven and...well, it didn't go well.

That's it I guess. Sorry for taking up your time, and for making a fuss. I'm not sorry for killing that demon. It was really [----] horrid and it was much better for me to do it than anyone else. But I am sorry for lying.

Boo Baker

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Nov 16 2015, 03:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 111

I think you should talk to Valesius.

We wanted to talk to you because we wanted to help, to understand. You believe things that I, and I imagine most of us, don't believe to be true or that are things which need to exist. It is a dark path you tread and one which I am sad to say is a slippery slope to things that are far far worse. Once you start to take one step in that direction (for example, resorting to evil powers to slay a demon) it is not long before you look back and realise you've taken a hundred steps and it is so much more difficult to turn around and that you've gone further than you ever thought you would or had planned to.

I cannot condone the use of dark spirits for any purpose, killing a demon or otherwise. It scars the immortal soul and it taints and darkens the song of the world. I do not believe "the one who sung" deliberately sung evil into the song. The darkness of that evil came after, a twisting and a taint of what was pure.

We will be here to help you find a different path if you want to look for it and walk along it. If you do not and you continue your fall, I fear for what then might happen.

Bradley, you need to stop lying to yourself. Stop turning a blind eye and help guide her. Don't be the brother that stands by and does nothing and watches her fall. You, and Ignatius, perhaps of anyone are the best able to help.

Aurora

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Nov 16 2015, 04:41 PM
Post #4

Hero

Member No.: 48

As I said when we spoke of this on Starsday, I do not feel it appropriate for me to discuss this at length with those other than Boo at this time.

Suffice to say that I do not agree with Boo's viewpoint, but that I have been endeavouring to explain the perspective of my Lady to her. She remains one of my faithful.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to those with whom I have travelled during the last two occasions we have gathered as a Church. Although I have not lied to any of you, I certainly omitted to mention things in order to protect someone else. I hope this does not effect the bond of trust between myself and my brothers and sisters in faith, which I value greatly.

Ignatius

+Quote Post
Rob
post Nov 17 2015, 07:59 AM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 115

All

I have passed everything I saw and heard to Basil and Falorn - again in the spirit of transparency

My personal opinion which I admit is worth nothing is that evil spirits have no place amongst us. I nearly died fighting the demons because if I had let the Tiger spirit take over my form to empower me I would have attacked Boo - instead I had to fight 'naked'. I also know from personal experience that she has a chance to step back from the brink.

Bren

--------------------

+Quote Post
JustinC
post Nov 18 2015, 08:23 AM
Post #6

Hero

Member No.: 51

Unsurprisingly, given my nature and history, I am always happy to discuss such matters. Should it matter, I am also reasonably experienced in learning how to not become corrupted by dark spirits, or indeed by the Fallen. Which is why I continue to carry the spark within me.

Eldias

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:19 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins