IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Knights in the church - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Knights in the church
Fionamullin
post Mar 11 2020, 09:56 AM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 198

All,
I made this choice a long time ago but the decree from your new lord leaves me little choice.
Your demon or your lady. Choose wisely. You have 6 weeks from today.
In Starlight and sorrow,
Zharah

--------------------
Fi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Mar 11 2020, 09:57 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 574

They’re harbouring necromancers and sinners anyway, it’s a shocker that any of you would join up.

Slushy

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Mar 11 2020, 10:04 AM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 263

I waited on this,
I stay with faith, and leave the knights

Lantolas
Frozen tiger tribe

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters
Queen Gerehax (Dwarven Queen) 27k
Tweegle - Jade crusader of Michael 15k (not a thief or a liar)
Sushi Panama - Panther Spirit 13k
Tetsu Ko - Chieftain raging bear tribe 9k
Lantolas - Paladin of frozen tiger tribe 2k
Ganbaru - Kensai of Chisana Nezumi clan 1.5k

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Mar 11 2020, 10:19 AM
Post #4

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

Many years ago when I found the Lady of the Stars, the Empress, Imrazil, and the Lady had an agreement, there was space for me to follow all three. I see from your statement following Tristans decree this is no longer possible.

To that end I have enjoyed following the teachings of the Lady of the Stars, and those beliefs I will carry with me, but I can not remain a member of this church.

Permission to fall out? (I’ll make clear this is military speak for leave).

Lt. Colonel Banquo
The Empresses Own

+Quote Post
icdhunter
post Mar 11 2020, 10:25 AM
Post #5

Levy

Member No.: 107

Good luck Banquo,

I will not leave my creator, mother and the goddess whose name I honour.

I will remain in faith

Regards

Vardasian

+Quote Post
atem55
post Mar 11 2020, 10:56 AM
Post #6

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,528

My Lady,

It saddens me that you are forcing this decision on us?

To dictate which organisations we are able to join and work with? To force us to no longer be a member of an organisation that seeks to defend all the people and lands of Primus, the weak, those that cannot defend themselves? Yes, it has members that I would not normally associate with, but those same members are Knights because they hold the same ideals as myself, to defend those who cannot defend themselves.

The Lord Knights recent announcement should show this more than ever? That even those of a darker heart can also work for the betterment of Primus and her people?

I find it hard to understand that the Lady no longer wants her servants to help these people, but can only assume that this is the Ladys wish?

Trellis,
Warrior Priest of Elbereth and Knight of the Watch

--------------------
Carl

Cathbad - Tryst Warrior Druid
Trellis - Frost Giant Warrior Priest, Vessel, Spiritual Maelstrom

+Quote Post
Dave
post Mar 11 2020, 11:05 AM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 62

This is too long time coming.

If you actively work with dark hearted people, even with good intentions you should leave these halls.

I would also ask this to be pushed to anyone holding an imperial position whilst that creature of filth and darkness holds the covenant position.

Avondale

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
AndyWashington
post Mar 11 2020, 11:43 AM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 76

Trellis,

it is a little presumptuous of me to reply but I do not believe that Zhara has said that she does not want us to aid the land and people. She has merely stated that it is her view that the loyalty the Knights show each other is not compatible with the Lady's intent. They harbour necromancers within their ranks for instance and they are an abomination in the Lady's eyes.

I did not join the Knights because my first loyalty was to my dragon and the oath they took was not, I felt, compatible with that. Indeed it took several years of hard work by Zhara and her friends in showing me the love and beauty of the Lady before I felt I could pledge my service to the Lady alongside my Dragon. I would be of the opinion that many Knights are fine people who do good work and you are welcome to help them in their endeavours but your first loyalty should be to the Lady and that is what has been decreed.

Asta

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Mar 11 2020, 11:44 AM
Post #9

Legend

Banquo,
I'm saddened by your choice.
I need more time to read Tristan new comment and consider.
Trellis what is more important?
If any of you currently have any doubts please consider your actions carefully.
In starlight,
Zhara

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Mar 11 2020, 11:53 AM
Post #10

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(atem55 @ Mar 11 2020, 10:56 AM) *
My Lady,

It saddens me that you are forcing this decision on us?

To dictate which organisations we are able to join and work with? To force us to no longer be a member of an organisation that seeks to defend all the people and lands of Primus, the weak, those that cannot defend themselves? Yes, it has members that I would not normally associate with, but those same members are Knights because they hold the same ideals as myself, to defend those who cannot defend themselves.

The Lord Knights recent announcement should show this more than ever? That even those of a darker heart can also work for the betterment of Primus and her people?

I find it hard to understand that the Lady no longer wants her servants to help these people, but can only assume that this is the Ladys wish?

Trellis,
Warrior Priest of Elbereth and Knight of the Watch

Hey Trellis,

The Lady of the Stars and Skies is one of beauty. A shield against the dark, and a force of goodness.

It’s not a case that the Lady does not want to help these people. That is not what has been said. We will help people because it’s right and that’s what we do.

Being a Knight of the Land, is a good thing. But if there is an evil man, or a necromancer in there, it goes directly against the 2nd tenet of the faith. That shall not suffer a necromancer to live. Or something.

It doesn’t matter that the necromancer is a nice guy defending the land. He isn’t. By actual definition, he’s evil. Dark mind. Black spirit. Evil. If they really wanted to defend the land and it’s people. They’d be a good person, because that is what good people do.

Zhara is your High Priestess. She is wise beyond her years, and realises what may happen. In that, you cannot abide by the tenets of the faith and be a knight of the land. You cannot be a brother together with someone who you cannot suffer to live.

So, you’ll still help people. And you still have brothers and sisters. That won’t change.

In good fortune, and starlight.

Bradley
Champion of the Stars
Disciple of Ulmo

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Mar 11 2020, 12:00 PM
Post #11

Legend

Member No.: 446

Lady Zhara

I am a child of the Lady of the Stars, she is my mother and patron. I am also a Ley Member of our wondrous church. I am currently a Knight

May I ask, what is your counsel with regard to us that are aligned to both this church and Knights but not priest?

Will we be allowed to remain aligned and remain a Knight or will the doors be closed to us?

In starlight

Joshua

+Quote Post
atem55
post Mar 11 2020, 12:22 PM
Post #12

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,528

QUOTE(Carlo @ Mar 11 2020, 11:53 AM) *
Hey Trellis,

The Lady of the Stars and Skies is one of beauty. A shield against the dark, and a force of goodness.

It’s not a case that the Lady does not want to help these people. That is not what has been said. We will help people because it’s right and that’s what we do.

Being a Knight of the Land, is a good thing. But if there is an evil man, or a necromancer in there, it goes directly against the 2nd tenet of the faith. That shall not suffer a necromancer to live. Or something.

It doesn’t matter that the necromancer is a nice guy defending the land. He isn’t. By actual definition, he’s evil. Dark mind. Black spirit. Evil. If they really wanted to defend the land and it’s people. They’d be a good person, because that is what good people do.

Zhara is your High Priestess. She is wise beyond her years, and realises what may happen. In that, you cannot abide by the tenets of the faith and be a knight of the land. You cannot be a brother together with someone who you cannot suffer to live.

So, you’ll still help people. And you still have brothers and sisters. That won’t change.

In good fortune, and starlight.

Bradley
Champion of the Stars
Disciple of Ulmo

Your wisdom is appreciated Bradley, the tenets also preach diplomacy.

I understand your definition of evil, but it comes in all forms, and, it pains me to say, all places.

I have travelled with a member of our church and was shocked to see him call our Ladies power into his voice and command a unarmed peon to die, which he would not release. I had to call on the Lady myself to release him or he would have surely died. Perhaps my faith is our tenets is not strong enough?

Trellis

--------------------
Carl

Cathbad - Tryst Warrior Druid
Trellis - Frost Giant Warrior Priest, Vessel, Spiritual Maelstrom

+Quote Post
DanM
post Mar 11 2020, 01:17 PM
Post #13

Post Police

Member No.: 38

I'm sur' you c'n be a Knight and a Priest o' th' Lady

Just means your faith ain't all that.

If you c'n take th' guilt of it, then fine. I couldny do it myself, but then that m' choice

Scooter Smith

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Mar 11 2020, 04:56 PM
Post #14

Hero

Member No.: 48

"Just means your faith ain't all that"

It really, really, really doesn't - and such missives really aren't very helpful.

Zhara, I await your reasoned view upon reading what further Tristan has written. I would appreciate confirmation one way or the other on whether you first proclamation stands, once you have done so.

Technically I am High Priest of my own faith. However, I was always clear with Basil that I accepted his ultimate authority, as my Lady of Tears accepts the authority of the Lady of the Stars. I so accept your authority, and will abide by your decision.

I should say, given that it is has been mentioned above and I suppose I am currently the most senior member of the faith holding an Imperial position - I take the same view in respect of my position as a Senator. Should matters have changed since we discussed that appointment, I am sure you will let me know.

Yours ever,

Ignatius

+Quote Post
post Mar 11 2020, 05:48 PM
Post #15

Group:
Member No.: 0

You've been given 6 weeks.

The choice is reasonably clear, choose The Lady or accept Darkness.

Obviously some vague members have a choice to make.
We've (out High Priest) been too nice too you for too long.

Lucious Lux

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Mar 11 2020, 05:53 PM
Post #16

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(Padallen @ Mar 11 2020, 05:48 PM) *
You've been given 6 weeks.

The choice is reasonably clear, choose The Lady or accept Darkness.

Obviously some vague members have a choice to make.
We've (out High Priest) been too nice too you for too long.

Lucious Lux

Wow.

What a d#*k.

Bradley

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Mar 11 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #17

Legend

Iggy,
When we danced for you we were one, when we laughed before I died we were one.
I wish I knew the words in your language for once.
When I led you around my country did I ever once mention the first law of my land?
In starlight,
Z

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 11 2020, 08:17 PM
Post #18

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

Too weak. Excommunicate anyone who has even contemplated joining this corrupt organisation.

Sunshine.

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Mar 11 2020, 09:21 PM
Post #19

Hero

Member No.: 98

The knights is used by darkness to hide behind intent.

Finally the faith has taken a stand long coming... If you wish to aid evil hearts and necromancers I prey you not meet me.

Grit.
Wrath of the Crucible.

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Mar 11 2020, 09:26 PM
Post #20

Hero

Member No.: 48

Thank you Sunshine, constructive as ever.

Lux - we haven't met, which I can only assume is your reason for describing my faith as 'vague'. You might disagree with me, but I can assure you that I am anything but vague in my beliefs. Ask anyone I have ever disagreed with.

Zhara - I am only asking for clarification because your first missive was very certain, and then in response to Banquo you asked for more time to consider. If your first missive stands, then I will obey it. If it doesn't, then I will make my own decision (which will be to remain a member of the Knights of the Land). On a personal note, you have been, are, and shall remain my dear friend. Just tell me your will on this matter and I shall of course do as you think best.

Ignatius

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:28 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins