IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Christmas Single Length 2016 - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Christmas Single Length 2016, Info for this year's Christmas Adventure
giles
post Nov 10 2016, 09:39 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 68

BAD SANTA
Brought to you by Barely-In-Character Productions

The peaceful halfling village of Happy Valley, full of twinkle footed, apple cheeked, well fed, high biomass creatures is about to get a visit . . .
Some say he’s a badly spent Seasonal elf, some that he’s the Spirit of Primus itself, maybe it’s just a homeless drunk who pulled on a red fur in the mistaken belief that they’re warm and crawled into Area A for a nap . . . whoever he is, Secular, Winter Season Specific, Red-Wearing, Holiday Man is coming to deliver presents for all the good little boys and girls. And everyone in Deci knows it.

‘So the plan was to grab the Fat Man before he delivered the loot, but everything went a bit partridge in a pear tree shaped after team A had a run in with Santa’s pet ‘Rudolph.’ Rudolph got some new books as an early Winter Festival present and the group got chased off. So, this is where you lot come in, team B.
Now we’re going to have to grab all the treasure from the houses in Happy Valley and whatever else we can find there besides. As a precaution you’re all going to dress up as the Fat Man, so as long as they don’t see you close up you should be all right. Just be careful, the halflings might not look like much, but one of them is mates with a wizard and they’re both nails.
Now we haven’t got long before they all wake up and want second breakfast or whatever it’s called. Good luck.

Players should send me what race they want to play and I will come up with a Santa version. All Santas will be a slightly tweaked variant of the original supplement Ninja (No Martin you can’t keep it as a playable character).
Players should all wear Santa costumes.
None of these characters will be playable after this event, it’s a one off/just for fun. However everyone gets an item – the size and choice of which will depend on how much loot you all (as a group) come off with. The Christmas item (let’s call it a present) will last for a year Blow Up date of 25th December and can be given to any one of your characters.

There will be 16 Spaces, as per the Richard Craig’s highly successful previous format (and on his very sensible advice – re. pairs writing dungeons) everyone booked on will need to get into pairs & write a single encounter based around robbing a house in Happy Valley. I will allocate the pairs ☺
Once you’ve booked you should e-mail me at labycc@gmail.com with your race and an e-mail address. I will e-mail you:
1. Your race’s abilities
2. The identity of your writing partner
To give us time to write, bookings will close on November 25th
I’ll divide the players into groups of 4 and you will each run 2 encounters in a group of 4 for the 12 other players. Encounters should be e-mailed to me by the 1st December.
There will be a prize for the best encounter (chosen by me) and a prize for the best Santa costume (also chosen by me). Lastly I will need 1 Monster/A-ref/Santa’s Little Helper – there won’t be any credits but you will get the same item as the party (and it’ll be fun).
The cost of the event is £25 - slightly over the cost of a single length but this is to account for the fact that Christmas drinks aren't booked 'til 4pm - so it'll be slightly longer than a single length.

Any questions post here or e-mail me.

Ho ho ho,

Giles.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:54 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins