IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 1022 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Brightest Light - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Brightest Light
Phoenix13
post Jan 3 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,986

The Brightest Light guild start up has been set on the 10th of February so people please get booking when possible. If you need to read the draft of the essos just send me a PM about it.

--------------------
Gremin - warrior priest
Kirito - oriental monk - fortune
Channor (Nature) - high druid ratfolk
Astro - Red/blue faerie - wizard
Demraz - Thug
Dezlin - Cavalier
Oracle - Seer
Og - warrior
Thadius - Neutral Priest
Orlo - Hospitaller
Ben - Dwarf Warrior
Joe - Beggar
Veruck - Spirit Warrior
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 3 2018, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,369

Excellent, I have booked on as promised.

--------------------
Richard Eden (Possibly human maybe a vampire)
General Arkus (Toy Soldier Mystic)
Rangar (YO YO - Vitae bleeder)
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 3 2018, 08:59 PM
Post #3

Deity

Member No.: 25

If you want to garner interest you should just post the Ethos and Restrictions so that people can see them and clarify what class of guild it is.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Jan 3 2018, 09:20 PM
Post #4

Militiaman

Again??? Ok let me find it.

Ethos: The Brightest Light is the rebirth of an old concept, bringing together those of light heart and mostly of faith as one to fight the fights that as one they might struggle.

The forces of darkness and evil seep through and seek to assault Primus and beyond at every opportunity and it is only through the work of heroes that existence as it is still stands.

To be a part of the Brightest Light is to be one to lay down your own life to defeat the darkness at the heart of this world, and to further the cause of good throughout Primus and beyond.

We are not driven by a single minded desire to smite a specific foe, instead reaching to counter darkness in all its forms, where ever it may be.

Restrictions: Must be goodly Alignment unless guild head says otherwise. Cannot attack another member of the guild unless in self defence or in a duel.

--------------------
Gremin - warrior priest
Demraz - Thug
Dezlin - Cavalier
Oracle - Seer
Og - warrior
Thadius - Neutral Priest
Orlo - Hospitaller
Ben - Dwarf Warrior
Joe - Beggar
Veruck - Spirit Warrior

+Quote Post
Forefallen
post Jan 3 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,026

I will probably end up playing my Shaman on this and putting him in the guild.

Do you have a ref lined up?

--------------------
QUOTE(Jack)
Only the good die young.

Many characters, long signature got boring.
- Guild head of Frontline, Wahadamune and Children of the Dusk, PM me for permission to join if needed!
- Head of the Fae Court of Delirium Noble House, PM for any info you need!
- Yes I will ref your guild special or campaign!

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Jan 3 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

QUOTE(Forefallen @ Jan 3 2018, 09:28 PM) *
I will probably end up playing my Shaman on this and putting him in the guild.

Do you have a ref lined up?

Yes Anthony Raven is the Ref

--------------------
Gremin - warrior priest
Demraz - Thug
Dezlin - Cavalier
Oracle - Seer
Og - warrior
Thadius - Neutral Priest
Orlo - Hospitaller
Ben - Dwarf Warrior
Joe - Beggar
Veruck - Spirit Warrior

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Jan 4 2018, 11:58 AM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 208

This fits well for a character of mine... will see if I can clear the diary to be there...

Is this Political or Social? (I favour the latter, but over to you)

I suspect the Guild ethos will need a few tweaks: ‘must follow orders from the guild head’ is unlikely to stand the test of time and wide followership... unless there is need for a military style chain of command (with checks and balances) then a more suitable “members are expected to act, and be seen to act, in ways that strengthen light and diminish darkness at all times... some may adopt a ‘repent or die’ attitude but most will respect and seek to inform free will, belief, and personal choice. In matters of opinion the guild head will have a casting vote” etc etc

Alasdair

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Jan 4 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #8

Militiaman

QUOTE(Alasdair @ Jan 4 2018, 11:58 AM) *
This fits well for a character of mine... will see if I can clear the diary to be there...

Is this Political or Social? (I favour the latter, but over to you)

I suspect the Guild ethos will need a few tweaks: ‘must follow orders from the guild head’ is unlikely to stand the test of time and wide followership... unless there is need for a military style chain of command (with checks and balances) then a more suitable “members are expected to act, and be seen to act, in ways that strengthen light and diminish darkness at all times... some may adopt a ‘repent or die’ attitude but most will respect and seek to inform free will, belief, and personal choice. In matters of opinion the guild head will have a casting vote” etc etc

Alasdair

Yes there will be tweeks but that's just a standard thing to do what the guild head says really but obviously not like a robot and my character wouldn't abuse that power as he wouldn't abuse any power only learn from it. And it's a political guild also a 750. And yes everyone has a right to object a command and give a reason why and everyone has their own way of defeating evil so like repenting or killing or the hospi way and just make every at peace.

--------------------
Gremin - warrior priest
Demraz - Thug
Dezlin - Cavalier
Oracle - Seer
Og - warrior
Thadius - Neutral Priest
Orlo - Hospitaller
Ben - Dwarf Warrior
Joe - Beggar
Veruck - Spirit Warrior

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 4 2018, 02:39 PM
Post #9

Deity

QUOTE(Phoenix13 @ Jan 4 2018, 02:12 PM) *
Yes there will be tweeks but that's just a standard thing to do what the guild head says really but obviously not like a robot and my character wouldn't abuse that power as he wouldn't abuse any power only learn from it. And it's a political guild also a 750. And yes everyone has a right to object a command and give a reason why and everyone has their own way of defeating evil so like repenting or killing or the hospi way and just make every at peace.

Generally, its best to avoid putting in restrictions of "Must Obey the Guild Head" for a number of reasons.

(1) The possibility of the Guild Head just saying "Give me that Item / Grulls / Whatever" you just picked up will put people off joining. Just saying OOC "Oh my character wouldn't do that", isn't much of a justification IC.

(2) If you want people to obey you that's very much an IC thing of establishing your authority and acting the boss. Basically Roleplay it.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Jan 4 2018, 04:42 PM
Post #10

Militiaman

QUOTE(BBB @ Jan 4 2018, 02:39 PM) *
Generally, its best to avoid putting in restrictions of "Must Obey the Guild Head" for a number of reasons.

(1) The possibility of the Guild Head just saying "Give me that Item / Grulls / Whatever" you just picked up will put people off joining. Just saying OOC "Oh my character wouldn't do that", isn't much of a justification IC.

(2) If you want people to obey you that's very much an IC thing of establishing your authority and acting the boss. Basically Roleplay it.

BBB

I see your point but I'm not like some people at labyrinthe who would do that. But I guess that doesn't matter as that's only my word. Maybe I could work it to maybe when it comes to voting I count as two or 3 votes?

--------------------
Gremin - warrior priest
Demraz - Thug
Dezlin - Cavalier
Oracle - Seer
Og - warrior
Thadius - Neutral Priest
Orlo - Hospitaller
Ben - Dwarf Warrior
Joe - Beggar
Veruck - Spirit Warrior

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Jan 4 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,369

I think the others on this post make a very good point.

I would remove the restriction must follow the guild heads orders.

As the guild head you have the right to ask people to leave the guild IC this should be enough.

You want the guild to open as possible just restricting it to one alignment is probably enough.

A goodly character is unlikely to disobey anyway they are goodly.

Also just a tip but the advice from people is advice and it's not personal, most people will know that OOC and probably IC you are not like that but not everyone will or does and if you want people to support you have to listen to popular opinion. This is the sign of a good leader, listen, learn and adapt.

Good luck and you know you have my full support OOC and IC (as Rangar but not Baltar!!)

--------------------
Richard Eden (Possibly human maybe a vampire)
General Arkus (Toy Soldier Mystic)
Rangar (YO YO - Vitae bleeder)
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 4 2018, 05:12 PM
Post #12

Deity

QUOTE(Phoenix13 @ Jan 4 2018, 04:42 PM) *
I see your point but I'm not like some people at labyrinthe who would do that. But I guess that doesn't matter as that's only my word. Maybe I could work it to maybe when it comes to voting I count as two or 3 votes?

It doesn't matter what YOU are like. Joining guilds is an IC thing.

IC most characters who have not met you on dungeon are going to say: "Nah, I'm not joining a guild that forces me to obey some random mercenary I don't know"

At which point it gets harder to support the guild because you are making it less appealing to join.

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
BennyB
post Jan 4 2018, 05:15 PM
Post #13

Heldsman

Member No.: 43

I think part of the problem is that guild restrictions are things you need to follow, so if things are written as above I don't think you'd be able to not follow the order without cheating. A character wouldn't be able to say "No, I chose to leave the guild" due to the poster up on the wall rules (though I'll admit it's been a while since I saw the guild leaving rules).

So perhaps a qualifier that anyone who disobeys an order is kicked out of the guild (still seems harsh but slightly less so).

The question that does spring to mind is that why does the head of a goodly guild need to be able to order everyone around. What sort of orders do you imagine giving. I have more of an issue with the guild head allowing folks in who aren't goodly.

Ben

PS Also if I were paranoid or super cynical the way that it's written you as the guild leader could be a Chaotic Evil Anti-paladin who's let yourself join and then orders all the members to fight each other / kill a load of peons / do something super evil for fun.

PPS I'm booked on, half hoping that you are that super sneaky and it's going to be a day of killing the party with black marks all round.

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Jan 4 2018, 05:18 PM
Post #14

Militiaman

QUOTE(Trickyz @ Jan 4 2018, 04:51 PM) *
I think the others on this post make a very good point.

I would remove the restriction must follow the guild heads orders.

As the guild head you have the right to ask people to leave the guild IC this should be enough.

You want the guild to open as possible just restricting it to one alignment is probably enough.

A goodly character is unlikely to disobey anyway they are goodly.

Also just a tip but the advice from people is advice and it's not personal, most people will know that OOC and probably IC you are not like that but not everyone will or does and if you want people to support you have to listen to popular opinion. This is the sign of a good leader, listen, learn and adapt.

Good luck and you know you have my full support OOC and IC (as Rangar but not Baltar!!)

I understand but this ethos is only a draft not the actual thing so it CAN be changed so if that's what people want I'm fine with that. Plus the alignment isn't just Goodly there might be some odd neutrals that want to turn to the light but must prove themselves of doing goodly acts in front of me but not petty acts like giving money to the poor but big ones like risking their own life to save others etc.

--------------------
Gremin - warrior priest
Demraz - Thug
Dezlin - Cavalier
Oracle - Seer
Og - warrior
Thadius - Neutral Priest
Orlo - Hospitaller
Ben - Dwarf Warrior
Joe - Beggar
Veruck - Spirit Warrior

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jan 4 2018, 05:20 PM
Post #15

Deity

QUOTE(Phoenix13 @ Jan 4 2018, 04:42 PM) *

You don't need to do voting, unless you really want to for IC reasons.

Bear in mind that the IC culture of the Empire is that Democracy and voting is a very dangerous thing on a supernatural level.

The Empire is Feudal and the people at the top tend to act and order as they see fit for the good of X, Y or Z (Look at the IC discussions about Amber Magic and the Themeday to see the sort of dynamic there)

The people in charge make the decisions and enforce them by personality and being authoritative (its actually a useful life skill to practice in a "safe" LRP context!)

As a Guild Head you give orders, provided they are within the general ethos of the guild then they should be followed by people through their roleplay if your roleplay is good enough.

Its all just advice from an experienced player to help you out. Don't think anyone's trying to give you a hard time smile.gif

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
BennyB
post Jan 4 2018, 05:27 PM
Post #16

Heldsman

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(BBB @ Jan 4 2018, 05:20 PM) *
Its all just advice from an experienced player to help you out. Don't think anyone's trying to give you a hard time smile.gif

Yes, to be very clear because nuance and subtlety can be lost on the web but people are trying to help. It sounds like it'll be fun. It's a nice idea to have a guild for "nice people".

I like the reason for why to allow those seeking to repent of their dark and neutral ways being allowed in. I'm sure it'll be fun. I even think that a guild that obey's the leaders orders could work. The main issue is that it might make it harder to get people to come along and therefore to keep the guild going.

Ben

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jan 4 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #17

Hero

Member No.: 87

That’s what stopping me joining as a couple of characters, also goodly characters will fight at the odd time as I have done in the past when someone made a little joke at my god.

Just remove the must follow orders.

Iain

P.s didn’t you have the same restrictions on the evil guild you ran about following orders.

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jan 4 2018, 05:42 PM
Post #18

Hero

Member No.: 87

+Quote Post
bendy
post Jan 4 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #19

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,749

QUOTE(Phoenix13 @ Jan 4 2018, 05:18 PM) *
I understand but this ethos is only a draft not the actual thing so it CAN be changed so if that's what people want I'm fine with that. Plus the alignment isn't just Goodly there might be some odd neutrals that want to turn to the light but must prove themselves of doing goodly acts in front of me but not petty acts like giving money to the poor but big ones like risking their own life to save others etc.

Oddly I'd take the view that say a LN char might be more 'goodly' than say a chaotic goodly char who may slaughter any hint of evil in the belief nothing can be redeemed.

Also if I give away all of my wealth all of the time which causes me great hardship am I less 'good' than a person who risks their life once to save another? What if that other person was evil? Even as guild head id be wary of being the one who decides who is goodly enough.

Rather think the whole chaotic, lawful,neutral should be removed from the system as a char I think can quite properly alternate between all three.

+Quote Post
FlorenceWarren
post Jan 4 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #20

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,112

Spiritual Mastery 9 levels Guild Head, order your guild members to kill each other / peons / Shaehan priests ;-)

Any ref worth his/her salt would totally set this on a guild where members have to "Obey" biggrin.gif

Just take out the obey thing and most of the rest is fine, the neutral thing is a bit dodgy but otherwise all good.

Flo

--------------------
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P Lovecraft

Florence
----------
Taris - Anti-Elf Causing priest.
Vex - Ratfolk Scout.
Rye - Elysian Pure Priest.
Fester - Ratfolk "Warrior" Assassin.
Charlie - Ratfolk Healing Priest - RIP.
Bean - Human Blademaster.
Josephine Flashblade - *That* Noble Monk...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:27 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins