IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
New Mercenary Reeve - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Mercenary Reeve
iainwimble
post Jul 15 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

I am pleased to announce to the Mercenary community that a new Imperial position has been created to liase closely with the Mercenaries of Primus.

After Careful consideration of the potential candidates the post of Senatorial Reeve to the Senator for Mercenary Affairs has been awarded to William Chance.

He will be taking a leading role in the Mercenary community and will provide a focus for the organizing and execution of Imperial Missions.

I hope you will all join me in wishing Senatorial Reeve Chance the very best of luck in his new role.

As ever if there are issues which the Mercenary community wishes to raise please contact myself or Billy.

Yours,

Ma'ar Saldana
Senator for Mercenary Affairs

OOC Copy and Pasted from the HOTE Board
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jul 15 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 87

Many thanks Senator Ma'ar for this oppertunity

As the Senator has said - members of the mercenary community should feel free to contact me with any issues they feel would be relevant for me to deal with or to take to the Senate

The very creation of this role shows their willingness and desire to assist the mercenary community which as we know is the backbone of our glorious Empire

On the flip side of the coin I hope this position allows the mercenary caste to be fashioned in to a weapon (a well paid weapon) to further the aims and goals of the Empire

Praise the Empress

Path Colonel William Chance
Senatorial Reeve
Knight of the Empire
Restless

OOC Copyed and pasted from the HOTE Board

+Quote Post
Jan
post Jul 15 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #3

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

Congratualtions to Path Colonel Chance in his appointment. I have repeatedly come across the Path Colonel's zeal and enthusiasm ad could not think of a more motivating figure for the task at hand

I, and I know many others, are keen to be engaged in action which will strengthen the empire we call home. Is it possible that once the Path Colonel has had a chance to settle into the roll, that a list of available tasks to pick from is made discretely available so that groups of mercenaries can actively and directly seek out the most productive results possible. By providing a list of bountys, either in the names of renegades, or for organisations or events which require intereference, then we can be assured that we no longer need to take pot luck in our hirings.

A very good thing has happened today.

Sigurd
King of the Mountain

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
aaaarrrggh
post Jul 15 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #4

Heldsman

Member No.: 91

An excellent choice for this, much needed, role. You have my support.

Luther John Tanner

--------------------
Henry

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Jul 16 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 190

Congratulations to Path Colonel William Chance on his appointment.

Such a post has been long awaited and i am sure will have great effect at combating the threats that face our Empire

Lord Flashblade

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jul 16 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 446

May I suggest your first task should be to get the law around outlawing for killing each other removed?
Seems a bit outdated to me and a matter for us mercenaries to sort out among ourselves, not by empire laws
In starlight
Joshua

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 16 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Jul 16 2008, 11:18 AM) *
May I suggest your first task should be to get the law around outlawing for killing each other removed?
Seems a bit outdated to me and a matter for us mercenaries to sort out among ourselves, not by empire laws
In starlight
Joshua

Erm

No.

That is a very sensible law.

If an occassion occurs where that law has failed then the outlaw is totally free to go and find a magistrate, hand himself in and trust the law of The Empire to deal with him fairly

Colonel Chance

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patch
post Jul 16 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 59

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Jul 16 2008, 11:18 AM) *
In starlight
Joshua

Crickey son... you are just a nut job 'aint ya! thats a great law best thing Amora ever done!

Well Done Captain Chance, I'm glad to have you on board... I have some issues in Deci to discuss with you privately acctually, but I'll grab you at some point when you have your feet under the desk...

Drake
Guvernor of Deci

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jul 18 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #9

Legend

QUOTE(Rob @ Jul 16 2008, 01:51 PM) *
Erm

No.

That is a very sensible law.

If an occassion occurs where that law has failed then the outlaw is totally free to go and find a magistrate, hand himself in and trust the law of The Empire to deal with him fairly

Colonel Chance

I guess this leaves me wondering if you have been appointed to use your personal judgement to support us mercenaries or to represent us by discovering what we want first?

I am not saying one is better than the other, just that it would be good know up front. If you are going to represent us based on your years as a mercanary, I have no issue with this. If you are going to represent us based on discussions with fellow mercenaries about issues and topics we feel are important, then the least you coudl do is ask the mercenary community at large if anyone else supports my request to get a "feel" for the mercenary point of view

As I say, I think you will do a great job, I am just wondering what your remit is?

Joshua
In Starlight

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jul 18 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #10

Legend

Member No.: 52

Colonel Chance's remit is that he reports and works under Senator Sal'dana who is the senator for Mercenary Affairs.

Colonel Chance's challenge will be to help arrange, organise and co-ordinate the missions and tasks that mercenaries undertake and channel them towards challenges, dangers and needed tasks as faced by the Empire, the cities that belong to it and the people that make it such.

Ideally this will make the best use of the unique mercenary resource the empire has and ensure that our often hard fought victories and even sacrifices provide the benefit, security and safety they should.

Sir Amorphus of Eldith

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
Pants
post Jul 18 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 148

Since when was the Empire run by asking people their opinions?

The law is there and in place for very sensible reasons. If you do become an outlaw due to this then you should immediately hand yourself in and seek judgement. The Covenant to its credit has dealt with all such situations promptly and in a just manner.

William Chance is there to support Senator Ma'ar, and to act as a conduit of information in both directions. Lets not start this with moaning about a perfectly sensible and reasonable law.

Rivan

(OOC Also what is the point in bringing this up again. It has been discussed every six months for as long as I can remember. The law is there for OOC reasons as much as IC ones.)

--------------------
- Pants

"Stop quoting laws to us, we carry swords!" Pompey the Great 82BC

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

Corrupting the youth since 1995!

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 18 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #12

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Jul 18 2008, 04:05 PM) *
I guess this leaves me wondering if you have been appointed to use your personal judgement to support us mercenaries or to represent us by discovering what we want first?

I am not saying one is better than the other, just that it would be good know up front. If you are going to represent us based on your years as a mercanary, I have no issue with this. If you are going to represent us based on discussions with fellow mercenaries about issues and topics we feel are important, then the least you coudl do is ask the mercenary community at large if anyone else supports my request to get a "feel" for the mercenary point of view

As I say, I think you will do a great job, I am just wondering what your remit is?

Joshua
In Starlight

Joshua,

William Chance is perfectly trustworthy. I'm sure he will do a fine job, he has all the credentials of a man who will do so

Master Willock Anelka
IP 3rd Held

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
evilwizard
post Jul 18 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #13

Militiaman

Member No.: 78

QUOTE(Pants @ Jul 18 2008, 04:30 PM) *
Since when was the Empire run by asking people their opinions?

Rivan

Never!

Some fool will be asking for one peon one vote next!

Also "In Starlight" Sounds a bit Gothiel to me, and we all know why they want that law scrapped.

Once they've delt with the "dirty washing" they will be onto the fence sitters, 'cos they are like that.

I vote we get rid of them all now, but luckly I don't get a vote. thus proving why votes in the hands of peons and people like me are a bad plan.

Bladesong.

--------------------
In AD&D 1st Edition the spell "Mount" should only ever be used as a seige weapon....

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 18 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #14

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(evilwizard @ Jul 18 2008, 04:43 PM) *
Never!

Also "In Starlight" Sounds a bit Gothiel to me, and we all know why they want that law scrapped.

Once they've delt with the "dirty washing" they will be onto the fence sitters, 'cos they are like that.

I vote we get rid of them all now, but luckly I don't get a vote. thus proving why votes in the hands of peons and people like me are a bad plan.

Bladesong.

Exactly

Could you imagine the chaos...

1 man/woman, 1 vote - The Emporer/Emperess and thats it

Will

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Jan
post Jul 18 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #15

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

Democracy? *sniff* *sniff*

We'll have no Democracy here!!!

Lazarus.

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jul 18 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #16

Legend

QUOTE(evilwizard @ Jul 18 2008, 04:43 PM) *
Never!

Bladesong.

I am not suggesting democracy, I am suggesting lifting this particular law. And yes, I live in Gothiel and you have understood my motivation correctly.

From the responses I can see why this role and others have been set up - "to direct" the mercenary community rather than "listen to them". This is fine, as long as I understand. The debate can stop here as it is a pointless discussion

My thanks

Joshua
In Starlight

+Quote Post
evilwizard
post Jul 18 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #17

Militiaman

Member No.: 78

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Jul 18 2008, 05:49 PM) *
I am not suggesting democracy, I am suggesting lifting this particular law. And yes, I live in Gothiel and you have understood my motivation correctly.

Joshua
In Starlight

I'm well aware of the situation, you simply want to get a rid of law that might be unhelpful in your plan to kill thousands of hard working Imperial citizens who have broken no laws and who serve loyally.

To me that just sounds like evil.

Bladesong.

--------------------
In AD&D 1st Edition the spell "Mount" should only ever be used as a seige weapon....

+Quote Post
Pants
post Jul 18 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #18

Mercenary

Member No.: 148

QUOTE(evilwizard @ Jul 18 2008, 06:17 PM) *
I'm well aware of the situation, you simply want to get a rid of law that might be unhelpful in your plan to kill thousands of hard working Imperial citizens who have broken no laws and who serve loyally.

To me that just sounds like evil.

Bladesong.

For once I may agree with Bladesong.

Joshua stop tryiny to portray the Empire as an evil self obessed beast. It is down to the Empire and the laws of Cerus that allow you to even voice what you believe, for their to be a church of Elbereth and for Gothiel to exist.

Just for once I would love to hear someone say something positive rather than moan like bloody old fish wives all the time.

Rivan

--------------------
- Pants

"Stop quoting laws to us, we carry swords!" Pompey the Great 82BC

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

Corrupting the youth since 1995!

+Quote Post
post Jul 19 2008, 06:51 AM
Post #19

Group:
Member No.: 0

Please do not tar us all with the same brush, in fact many Elbrethians work closely with the empire and often sings its praises!

Joshua, your idea is foolish. I wholeheartedly agree with the slaying of particular peoples, most likely the ones you are mentioning. But to change the law would bring Anarchy, lack of freedom to do what you want, and most importantly yet more sinners in this land! Just because something is made legal, dosnt make it ok.

Harlem

Knight Of Battle
The Order of the Stars

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 19 2008, 08:31 AM
Post #20

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(maxmcnally @ Jul 19 2008, 07:51 AM) *
Please do not tar us all with the same brush, in fact many Elbrethians work closely with the empire and often sings its praises!

Joshua, your idea is foolish. I wholeheartedly agree with the slaying of particular peoples, most likely the ones you are mentioning. But to change the law would bring Anarchy, lack of freedom to do what you want, and most importantly yet more sinners in this land! Just because something is made legal, dosnt make it ok.

Harlem

Knight Of Battle
The Order of the Stars

I think plenty of people are speaking sense here

I am not going to sully this new position by getting involved in this argument any more.

Colonel Chance

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:43 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins