IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Initial thoughts - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Initial thoughts, ((IC: Plotting and planning))
Netheril
post Sep 17 2020, 01:01 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,516

Greetings all,

So for the upcoming series of missions to try and thwart this Sinsaniam, I thought it would be a good idea to start discussions here. Worry not, these chambers are well shielded, it is safe to talk here.

These are the guild halls for the Brood, but as sister guild to SADOS all are welcome from either guild for these discussions.

I post below a missive received from Kurth, a good friend to me and one who often sees things with clarity and wisdom. He is right that sometimes I am...restricted in what I am willing to do. I would hope we all are, but those restrictions will differ. All I would ask is do not always seek the easiest path, sometimes we must struggle and listen to our conscience, and find a solution that does not bring harm to others.

And his advice for people to be free to act under their own iniative, and arrange their own missions, I would more than welcome. Whether these guilds are to be a gathering of allies that I enjoying working with for years to come, or simply my legacy as my time comes to an end, I would expect that you all are more than capable of acting when you see the need to put things right.

We will need to come to know each other's strengths too, whilst I have some limited divinations and am almost impossible to be deceived, I would especially welcome knowing if we have any experts in the arts of divination amongst us?

Kurth's words follow, as good a place as any to start any further discussion...

Sirac Drakeson

I've never been one for "there must always be an opposite to balance things". It just seems wrong to me.

I'm writing to you personally from within the Shank & Honeyman offices as they are shielded by a blinkered eye.

If you do not have a shielded base then I would advise building one. Personally I'd build two. With Havens. (The ritual protection kind.)

I would advise to be careful to not just be reactive. To seek out ways to put this new enemy on his back foot if possible. Try to limit his freedom to mess about with you. You have many, and varied, allies. They might well be prepared to take on a task or two on your behalf without you being there. The enemy will likely expect you to always be present. Leave it to someone else to organise these - make sure they don't tell you what, where or when.

He will be expecting us to depower his rituals. And so we should. Why not also empower a counter-ritual of our own to negate one of his? Have it waiting in secret to use at the end when he think's he has won?

Being involved with the Ebony Drake I would expect some very tricky situations. There are likely to be considerable moral dilemmas particularly aimed at you. There are also likely to be situations where what looks like the right thing to do will just make things worse. Are you prepared to have people with you that will do what might need to be done even if it is against your nature?

Do not hesitate to ask people who you know who are good at divining to try to find things out for you. He will be expecting the powers you normally use.

If you can you should plan to work against various powers on their Shadow days so that their power is potentially limited. Similarly beware attacks on the Shadow days of your parents.

I'm sorry this is a bit of a ramble. I'm just mulling things over.

Kurth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Sep 17 2020, 01:05 PM
Post #2

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

Happy to commune for you Sirac,

give me some pointers and ill make a start.

Jez

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Sep 17 2020, 01:12 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

QUOTE(duncanmatthias @ Sep 17 2020, 02:05 PM) *
Happy to commune for you Sirac,

give me some pointers and ill make a start.

Jez

I suppose my feeling is we have a good overview of the situation now. But specifics of the challenges ahead, and especially where we should focus for our first gathering would be welcome.

And Kurth's suggestion of ways we can be proactive, create our own rituals, put Sinsaniam on the back foot so the harm he can cause is lessened, anything of that ilk?

Sirac

+Quote Post
jj420
post Sep 17 2020, 01:22 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,677

I'll happily get involved with some scrying. I'm not an expert but willing to give it a go.

Roberto flashblade

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Sep 18 2020, 01:43 AM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 155

Sirac,

I have a few Spiritual prayers to use to ask questions and will always know if I am being deceived.

I would think that Lord Blackheart is considerably better then me at this though.

Some idea of things that could disable/nullify/disrupt rites would be useful. These will also need to be able to be done in a safe way. The enemy is bound to have tied them into things that would make us hesitate or balk at interfering with them. A good way is often to change the beneficiary of the rite rather than destroy it.

It would likely be worth having a rite or two ready to go. I have a standard Druidic portal closing rite in my book for example. Having something ready to go, with multiple copies for participants, can't do any harm and might save valuable time.

Kurth.

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Sep 18 2020, 08:47 AM
Post #6

Mercenary

QUOTE(TimTreadwell @ Sep 18 2020, 02:43 AM) *
Sirac,

I have a few Spiritual prayers to use to ask questions and will always know if I am being deceived.

I would think that Lord Blackheart is considerably better then me at this though.

Some idea of things that could disable/nullify/disrupt rites would be useful. These will also need to be able to be done in a safe way. The enemy is bound to have tied them into things that would make us hesitate or balk at interfering with them. A good way is often to change the beneficiary of the rite rather than destroy it.

It would likely be worth having a rite or two ready to go. I have a standard Druidic portal closing rite in my book for example. Having something ready to go, with multiple copies for participants, can't do any harm and might save valuable time.

Kurth.

Aye, that would be a useful thing to know. Who amongst us considers themselves any sort of ritualist? Or would be willing to learn such? I certainly never saw myself as being a ritualist, and do not enjoy such a role. But have through necessity had to learn a little, and as Kurth suggests I carry a couple of ritual prayers that I use as the basis when the need arises and nobody else steps forward.

It would be very useful to decide for each group that travels one person who is in charge of dealing with ritual matters. And if they could pre-prepare some ritual wordings and the like, even better.

May Harmony guide our thoughts, and Purpose our actions,

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
Avv
post Sep 18 2020, 08:55 AM
Post #7

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,164

Sirac i would like to consider myself a ritualist in training

but i mean i would consider myself almost a everything in training

Bar wizard i know i'm a wizard like a whole beginning wizard

Uriel. The Lucky Goblin
Apprentice of the Totem
dabbler of the tribes
Mascot of the Delirium, Order of Mercenaries, Obsidian cabal

--------------------
Sleepy Sheepy - Long Live the Sheep

Adam Smith

know to play: Uriel isp boy

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Sep 18 2020, 11:08 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 574

I’ve done some ritualising from the Nev D’ville school of ritual arts...

“I, I want some stuff,
Some Magic stuff to make me Tough.
I, I want some stuff,
The stuff I have isn’t tough enough”

That the sort of thing?

Sunny

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Sep 18 2020, 01:21 PM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 446

QUOTE(Ryan @ Sep 18 2020, 12:08 PM) *
I’ve done some ritualising from the Nev D’ville school of ritual arts...

“I, I want some stuff,
Some Magic stuff to make me Tough.
I, I want some stuff,
The stuff I have isn’t tough enough”

That the sort of thing?

Sunny

I have no stuff, the power died
It was really good stuff, but now it’s fried
When I could no longer hurt barrow wights I cried
I need new stuff, or I’ll have to hide

Avalon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:00 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins