IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Of Oblivion - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Of Oblivion, and what to do about it...
dnsmantra
post Jan 30 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

Friends,

I have spent this past month or so talking with our newly rescued guest, her brother and the spirit of my brother about what we might do to further oppose House Oblivion and the being at it's head. Isobelle in particular is very keen to free the spirit of Amelia and show her the light of Salvation. While I am, of course, open to such, Vanity herself has done many dark things and might, at least in my eyes, be beyond redemption. We can but hope though, and I leave judgement in these matters up to you. It is not my place.

Still, we cannot confront her directly, because Oblivion is too strong. It has an age of souls, memories, emotions and the like trapped and devoured within the realm of Oblivion to draw upon and was already a most potent entity in and of itself, forgetting not the Shattered God of which it was part. Thus, we need a way to weaken or draw out Oblivion such that we might succeed in freeing Amelia, were we to try to. We came up with various ideas, though the most promising, is perhaps also the most daring, and most dangerous. We believe, at least with some degree of certainty, that there must be some source within the realm of Oblivion that is keeping all the souls (and other twisted things born of emotions, pain, suffering and the like) bound there.

Asmalev, or rather Nydor as he continues to call himself, like the others swordsmen do, though he is supposed to resting by the side of our lord, has been giving this some significant thought (I'm not sure resting suits him well, as pleasant and wonderful as it no doubt is). He believes with a fair degree of confidence that there must be some kind of shackling, be that necromantic or (at an outside) daemonic. It is our thinking that were Death to be taken into Oblivion that it could be used to destroy this shackling and lay all the trapped souls to rest, collapsing and destroying the realm of Oblivion.

This would greatly weaken Vanity, and remove a good deal of the power Oblivion has gained over the years. Perhaps then, we might devise something with the help of Constantine, and Reason's fragment, to trap/remove/shatter the spirit of Oblivion as the other fragments were shattered; and in the process free Amelia. As an aside it would mean a great deal to Isobelle, that the realm her people so foolishly used, would finally be destroyed.

This latter is no doubt something for another day, but for the former, the sooner the better I think.

Isobelle and I believe that we can recall you back to the Heart of Salvation, or what little may be left of it, and from there, you may be able to journey into the realm of Oblivion itself. If our thoughts are anywhere close to right, most of the place around the Heart will have been consumed by Oblivion (the wall between the realms was already thin and fraying), so it should be easy to enter. Isobelle is confident she has regained enough strength to be able to shield you from the madness which will no doubt beset you within Oblivion's realm, and around the Heart, to at least buy some few hours. It is worth saying though, I do not think we would be able to get you out ourselves were you not to succeed. Hopefully you have some means to escape should the worst happen.

I would happily hear alternative approaches, but I think this has a real chance for great success.

Arvalath
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MattJ
post Jan 30 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 472

As always your recommendations seem sound Arvaleth. It is vital that we collapse the realm of oblivion. It causes untold amounts of pain and suffering on primus and it must be stopped.

At some point in the future Lady Vanity must be freed of the touch of oblivion. Whilst under its sway her thoughts and actions will not be entirely her own and as such we must seek to restore her own will. As to whether she is capable of salvation I am of the opinion that no one is beyond redemption. However, once she is capable of free will she will have to make the choice of embracing salvation or falling to sin. If she shows signs of the former then we must remember the lady's teachings and be merciful, despite the attrocities she has caused. If she is not willing to embrace salvation then she must be destroyed.

I will meet you all this Sunsday and we will do what needs to be done.

Wretch

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Jan 30 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

I believe this counsel to be sound, and unless anyone violently objects it is the action we will be taking.

We need to look into ways of getting everyone out if it should become necessary. Now would be the time to mention if you have ways of getting yourself out of places (please bear in mind this almost certainly needs to go across planes). The issue is that any method must be able to transport those both of and not of the faith, and those with and without a spirit - in order to get everyone out safely. I'll commune and see if I can locate some sort of useful artefact.

As it is, I don't believe failure to be an option, so hopefully the previous should become irrelevant.

Eliane

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
post Jan 31 2012, 09:49 AM
Post #4

Group:
Member No.: 0

i dont :-(

Invoki

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jan 31 2012, 12:54 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 574

My Mistress has asked me to spend the next week or two in the Cradle, apparently your Imperial friend sent a letter and I might be needed to tend wounds. So whatever actions you are planning to undertake I am happy to come with you, I'll make sure I don't leave the Shard of Gielgood in Haven too although it doesn't look like we will need that yet.

I will of course be able to return to Haven if we are required to leave that place so not an issue for me, perhaps someone in the faith can learn the Greater Recall in case it is needed. Invoki can you learn the Planeshift Spell or something similar to get you out?

In Peace

Reason

+Quote Post
abyatt
post Jan 31 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 3

I can't guarantee that I will be able to leave the shrine in order to travel with you, but I sincerely hope that I can.

If I can attend then I can recall myself to Primus (providing I am able to call upon spiritual power there) and then call anyone back to me that has accepted my mark (the mark can be spirutual, magical or a mixture of both).

As an absolutely last resort if I am unable to attend then I can still call back any of the Church that may have fallen. Not much comfort I know, but thought I'd mention it.

Harrison

--------------------
Damn I love muggles

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Jan 31 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #7

Plot Dump NPC

Then we'll just have to do our best to make sure that Harrison's duties are taken care of and he's able to attend.

Eliane

~~

OOC - That means get monsters so Andy doesn't have to book off, guys wink.gif

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Jan 31 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(ethuil @ Jan 31 2012, 01:45 PM) *
OOC - That means get monsters so Andy doesn't have to book off, guys wink.gif

OOC - Yes please smile.gif ... on a related note, if Andy does have to monster (which hopefully he won't) I'm happy for him to have marked people first and recall them if you get stuck and someone can get out first/can let him know/at a set time.

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 2 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #9

This is unrelated Oblivion I think, but I've sensed a disturbing growth of power beneath the Barrow Blight in recent days. It has the stink of Seval, and slight whiff of Kesselharn about it, and if I'm not mistaken involves Bamael. My understanding from my time with Glorianave is that Bamael was sent by Seval to attack Kesselharn and then bound and imprisoned by them. I believe they formed the House Bamael to keep him bound and it was their duty to learn to master use of his ritual and supernatural might (which is where their powers/rituals of ash & fire are sourced from). If his power is growing, then someone in that House (most likely) is seeking to either free him or draw a vast amount of power from him. Either would be very dangerous, the former, complete and utter insanity. I am worried that this might be a very pressing concern; more immediate that heading to Oblivion's realm, and perhaps we should seek to investigate this first when you gather, before having some rest and then down to Oblivion's realm. It's likely that you won't be able to stay 'below' for that long anyhow, even with Isobelle's protection, so there should be time.

Arvalath

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Feb 5 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #10

Plot Dump NPC

I'll give details later but these are things people need and deserve to know now.

Bamael is dead and the gathering of ritual power averted.

Oblivion is destroyed, and all the spirits within it laid to rest under the true banner of Salvation.

There is a lot more to be said and which we uncovered, but people gave their lives to achieve the above and these are things that need to be known amongst us.

I promised you I'd destroy it for you

I'll relay that information in a few days.

I cannot put into words how proud I am of all of you.

Eliane

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:45 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins