IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
IC: Announcement - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IC: Announcement
post Nov 17 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Mellow greetings

It is with a heavy heart that i reliniquish my position as Master of the Order. In my tenure, i feel i have not been the leader you need, nor have my decisions been made with a clear head. Gwyneth will now step up as Master of the Order, and i know you will all give her your unwavering support.

One last act i will take before the handover is this:

Valfor - valiant, brave, and reckless. For consistently going against orders, placing the lives of your compatriots in danger to further your own view of the faith, and for endangering any chance the Order has of making progress against the Church's enemies in the Confederacy you are struck from the rolls of the Order of Stars and releaved of your Oaths. I do not do this with an easy heart, as you have fought beside us with great strength. But enough is enough.

I will pray for all of us

In service

Armitage

Archon of Stars
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Nov 17 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #2

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

Armitage,

In the absence of any knowledge of what occurred this Sunsday, I cannot comment on whether this is a wise decision or not. However, it does sadden me that you felt it necessary to take such a step. On the occasions when we have travelled together, I have always found you to be a competent and considerate leader. I will continue to think of you as such.

Of course, if this is a decision you need to make, then Gwyn will, as ever, have my full support.

Yours in faith,

Ignatius

+Quote Post
post Nov 17 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Group:

Valfor removed? Making progress against our enemies, over the sense of brotherhood and persisting through problems and ideals that many of us hold....

I have fought beside him many times, and he has most likely saved my neck a few times as well.
Surely he does not deserve the humilation of being outcast?

Maybe im missing something, as usual, but didnt realise it would come to that.

Yet I am sad that you feel you must step down Armitage, and I will never hear you say that you did not serve us well..... For that would be a lie, and against our code.

In starlight,

Harlem

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Nov 17 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #4

Hero

Member No.: 98

I was under the impression that Valfor left the order before we departed from Ishma, he left of his own will so that he could follow the lady in the ways that he believes to be truthfull to him, so for that I hold no remorse....

Armitage standing down!?!

My oldest friend, Armitage, it hurt me to see you fly away from us as we boarded the ship back, I would have liked to have spoken to you about what had happened, to apoligise for anything that I may have done to cause the order or the church problems.
And now it feels as though you fly from us again, how many times and how many lives must I go through before you realise that the people around you are not there because you tell them to be, they do not stand at your side in the face of the evil and darkness of this world because you command it of them, they do it because they share your faith and belief that it is the right thing to do.
They also share the mind set that you are a good leader, kind, mercyfull and yet strong, ressolute and rightous in your actions.

but then ... this has happened ... it feels like ... like ... somewhere the evil grins and enjoys a victory.

Grit.
Guardian of the crucible,
yet confussed and unsure in faith.

+Quote Post
Caroline
post Nov 17 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #5

Levy

Member No.: 147

I believe Sunsday has taken its toll on all who travelled. To lead is a terrible burdern as you carry the weight of the decisions made. I will do all I can in Armitage's absence but wish this had not happened.

Regarding Valfor, his ways have always been more militant than that of the Order. In this regard he is now free to follow the Lady as he sees fit.

I have sent a detailed encounted to his Holiness Basil explaining in detail what occured on Sunsday. For those who wish to know if they ask me i will privately send them the same information but I am currently awaiting a response from his Holiness.

In service
Gwyneth

+Quote Post
post Nov 17 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #6

Group:

ER.......Armatige.....might i have a word?
Humbly Hector.

+Quote Post
post Nov 17 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #7

Group:

Of course Brother

A

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Nov 17 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 155

As Head of the Order Armitage has the right to make what decisions he wishes.

Personally I am saddened that he has chosen to step down. His decision is undoubtedly for reasons that he feels within himself and I am sure that he has been in prayer to the Lady Elbereth about the matter.

That one of the Order disobeyed the instructions of the one appointed by The Lady to lead us saddens and surprises me greatly. I have no doubt that Armitage feels the blame for one acting under his leadership... I certainly would. It is a great pity that one of the order broke the codes, effectively on his behalf, that he himself would rather die than break.

I will support whoever the Lady guides to be the Leader of the Order. My friendship for Armitage continues and my respect for him as a Servant of the Lady is undimmed.

Guy.

+Quote Post
SamR
post Nov 17 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #9

Heldsman

Member No.: 92

QUOTE(Brucifer @ Nov 17 2008, 12:34 PM) *
One last act i will take before the handover is this:

Valfor - valiant, brave, and reckless. For consistently going against orders, placing the lives of your compatriots in danger to further your own view of the faith, and for endangering any chance the Order has of making progress against the Church's enemies in the Confederacy you are struck from the rolls of the Order of Stars and releaved of your Oaths. I do not do this with an easy heart, as you have fought beside us with great strength. But enough is enough.

I will pray for all of us

In service

Armitage

Archon of Stars

To Armitage and the Order,

As I said on Sunsday before I transported away, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

I will not, however, apologise for my actions. The only thing that I am sorry for is that I could not finish the job after I struck down that servant of darkness and he took on his true form of an abishai. I do not recall any order not to attack that thing and if there had been I would have ignored it anyway...

As to placing the lives of the Order in danger, well again I make no apology, we are a marshall faith currently fighting a rising darkness - it is to be expected. Furthermore, I was shrouded and watching events unfold after my failed attempt to take that creatures life and I don't recall a single blow being struck as a consequence of my actions. There was just a large number of concillatory words and apologies towards the abishai for my actions!

I did admitedly ruin any diplomatic efforts with the Awoken Rock Heytan but whilst an alliance with them would of helped our cause it could not, in my opinion, come at the cost of one of the most sacred aspects of our faith - the destruction of purest evil that an abishai represents.

I do not hold diplomacy, mercy or mortal law above this and if any of the faith do, then it is I who pray for their souls.

Valfor

+Quote Post
Caroline
post Nov 18 2008, 07:58 AM
Post #10

Levy

Member No.: 147

As has already been mentioned Valfor we all wish you the best in your future endevors. We were all placed in a difficult situation on that day and one filled with darkness, we either killed the Abishai and then would have to kill the goodly people from the house who were keeping guard and lost our last chance to negatiate with their leader and stop another Clan falling under the dark ones influence. Unfortunatley as there were insulted that a guest under there hospitality was attacked they would not hear us any more. We all despised this day and I know I speak for alll when I say that I for one would rather of killed the dark stain were it stood but at that time we were desperatly trying to save a people. It is pointless now to debate what is done I do not believe anyone their felt comfortable as every decision was filled with dark consequences. I try Valfor can find a path that suits his will. In the meantime I continue to pray to the Lady for guidance as how the Order can and should move forward and be her servants.

In Service
Gwyneth

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:46 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins