> Amantus Pep - Inquisitional Briefing, Plan of attack this Starsday
SamR
post Jul 30 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

Mercenaries

Thanks to multiple investigations we have been able to collate information from across Primus about the threat Pep poses. We now have sufficient intelligence to launch an offensive against the temple which manifested during the recent eclipse. Thanks to Consul Marcus Blunt whose endeavours narrowed the target area in the deserts of Ishma to a manageable size. Observers noted late last night a ripple was felt as the emple began to appear again. We were able to scry. While it is difficult to penetrate the temple itself, the wards upon it can be determined.

There is a shell around the place, almost a realm. Any attempt to shift into the temple will result in being taken into the realm. Fortunately, once a group has transported in the shell is broken until they either die or all leave, then it will return unless resolved. What is in there is unclear but it is likely to be dangerous.

Taking precautions a lone summonation was sent into the shell to see what happens. As expected, the shell broke and for a few seconds it was possible to scry about the temple itself. It is possible to transport in safely, but beyond that unclear.

As the shell returned a ritual backlash hit the chamber. It appears that the transport created a link and when the shell reforms it lashes out.

So the plan is to send several groups this coming Starsday during the traditional hiring window for mercenaries. The first group made up of the most potent mercenaries will gather at an Imperial waystation four miles north of Halgar, where the backlash can be contained if it happens they will then shift into the temple realm.

The rest of the groups should meet at a vacant Bastion barracks two miles past the above location and once the most potent group have transported in, they can shift in. It is worth noting that the two groups shifting in may only be separated by a matter of minutes.

The Inquisition will provide the means for ritual transportation at both locations.

We do not know entirely what is within the temple but have discovered that it is most likely an ancient temple to the gods that Pep and his followers worship and worshipped during the First Age. We do not know their names, but there appear three sets grouped into Pantheons which resemble the following creatures:

Snake head woman
Camel head man
Bull head (minotaur) man
Goat head woman

Lion head + armour man
Thin man + huge beard
Boar head + fat man
Wolf head man

Crocodile head man
Fox head woman
Eagle head man
Jaguar head man

Mercenaries who effect an entrance to the place, should I suggest, prepare for minions who may exhibit characteristics of the animal heads they wear - so those facing the servants of the snake headed woman should take a supply of anti venoms. Supernatural servants of a goat headed god may well try to send you flying. Armourers or the like who can effect ongoing repairs and improvements may well prove useful in the face of animal bites.

Further details of the pantheons would be appreciated, specifically the names of these old gods, where they draw power from, and if they have any connections with similar tribal animal totems as they are today? You may consider how the groupings of the pantheon work? Is a pantheon based on its moral outlook – does one pantheon all wield dark spirits or are they based on a particular sphere of patronage – such as healing or the dead.

Questions for when you are there. This is one of the first opportunities for the people of Primus to come together and strike back. Pep and his followers may well try to persuade you that they are the wronged party, be under no illusion if allowed to continue unchecked they will bring destruction to the lives of the people of Primus for a debatable grievance against beings long gone. It only remains to wish you luck and remind you that information about this threat is as valuable as a victory by force of arms.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Spiratus, Morgan Sireless, who has worked tirelessly behind the scenes and collated much of the information above. He remains our foremost expert upon the threat posed by Pep. On the day itself, it is my understanding that the Chancellor intends to attend along with a number of members of the Inquisition including Gaius Cathbad and Seer Drak’Zit.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, this is an imperially sanctioned Inquisitional hire and ‘unknown individuals’ who are invulnerable to scrying are strongly encouraged to not attend. This follows a number of mercenary missions being sabotaged or derailed over the course of IM 1019 at great cost to the supernatural fabric of Primus and its people. This cannot be allowed to happen as we seek to combat this threat.

Apathy
Lord Inquisitor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 31 2020, 06:24 AM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 115

Lord Inquisitor

An insightful and helpful update

May I suggest that snake headed women also traditionally have a habit of turning people to stone

Dragon Tear Panama

--------------------

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Jul 31 2020, 08:50 AM
Post #3

Peon

Member No.: 6,893

Goat curry and a side of scrambled snake, yum yum yum

Trog

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Jul 31 2020, 10:09 AM
Post #4

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,986

I'm neutral to animals small or giant. But I'm not sure if it would apply to these beings. Is there anyway to know? I don't wish to breach my neutrality with them.

Nature.
Arch High Druid

--------------------
Gremin - warrior priest
Kirito - oriental monk - fortune
Channor (nature) - high druid ratfolk
Astro - Red/blue faerie - wizard
Demraz - Thug
Dezlin - Cavalier
Oracle - Seer
Og - warrior
Thadius - Neutral Priest
Orlo - Hospitaller

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Jul 31 2020, 11:43 AM
Post #5

Heldsman

Member No.: 3,966

QUOTE(Phoenix13 @ Jul 31 2020, 11:09 AM) *
I'm neutral to animals small or giant. But I'm not sure if it would apply to these beings. Is there anyway to know? I don't wish to breach my neutrality with them.

Nature.
Arch High Druid

Spit in one of their faces. If they don't gut you you're probably safe, yes?

Okkram Sedeth

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jul 31 2020, 11:44 AM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 446

Not really sure this is the place for questions that only apply to yourself... walk up to them and if the smash your face in, then your neurtrality isn't working (but also don't be daft, of course your neurtrality to animals doesn't apply to things with beast heads)

Apathy has offered insight and a great plan to get you all going

Best of Luck

Emilio

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Jul 31 2020, 01:26 PM
Post #7

Hero

Member No.: 155

Nature.

I also have a neutrality to Animals and plants. From my experience if these are half-human or deific creatures with animal heads I'd be inclined to say no - don't rely on your neutrality. They might be more inclined to treat you with more respect though.

I've generally found that if the relevant invocation to talk to a creature or plant works then the neutrality usually applies as well. So try that.

If you have the advanced skills to tell what powers an animal might have that could prove useful in helping to determine their nature or how they will react.

Kurth.

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Jul 31 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #8

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,986

QUOTE(TimTreadwell @ Jul 31 2020, 02:26 PM) *
Nature.

I also have a neutrality to Animals and plants. From my experience if these are half-human or deific creatures with animal heads I'd be inclined to say no - don't rely on your neutrality. They might be more inclined to treat you with more respect though.

I've generally found that if the relevant invocation to talk to a creature or plant works then the neutrality usually applies as well. So try that.

If you have the advanced skills to tell what powers an animal might have that could prove useful in helping to determine their nature or how they will react.

Kurth.

Wasn't trying to rely on it. Just didn't want to end up breaking it. Thanks though.

I'd have to take a look into the animal discovery thing. But possibly. The font of knowledge can be very helpful.

Nature.

--------------------
Gremin - warrior priest
Kirito - oriental monk - fortune
Channor (nature) - high druid ratfolk
Astro - Red/blue faerie - wizard
Demraz - Thug
Dezlin - Cavalier
Oracle - Seer
Og - warrior
Thadius - Neutral Priest
Orlo - Hospitaller

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Jul 31 2020, 06:45 PM
Post #9

Heldsman

Very important! Lives may depend on it!

So this is an Imperial hire, yes? So free potions, yes?
Anything else the Empire would like to provide us brave mercenaries who brave life and limb to save the world? Regenerative elixirs, mystic honey to help those infected, other things to help gainst nasty ishmaic magicks?

Okkram Sedeth

+Quote Post
jj420
post Jul 31 2020, 08:01 PM
Post #10

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,677

I emagen you will be provided with a few single strength potions. Others will have to be provided by yourself,this is why we get payed

Abbad

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Jul 31 2020, 08:17 PM
Post #11

Heldsman

Imagining does not get us what we need...

You may not have noticed, but the Henderson Vaine man who made the declaration on behalf of the Halls of Nobility about this muster made no mention of pay.

Nor has this important Apathy man. Perhaps due to considerable apathy, yes?

I come to save my tribe and city, but would be nice to have at least our potion expenses paid, yes? Staying alive long enough to quash our foe important, yes?

The demon is always in the detail.

Okkram Sedeth
Sorceror of immense power (but frail body...)
On behalf of the Swarm and Thimon

+Quote Post
AndyWashington
post Jul 31 2020, 08:46 PM
Post #12

Heldsman

Member No.: 76

It is an Imperial Hire, you will receive Imperial Pay.

Chancellor Crepitus

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Jul 31 2020, 10:57 PM
Post #13

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

QUOTE(AndyWashington @ Jul 31 2020, 09:46 PM) *
It is an Imperial Hire, you will receive Imperial Pay.

Chancellor Crepitus

Buts whoze is brungin da food?

Porky

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th August 2020 - 09:22 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins