IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Snakes vote - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Snakes vote
Naga
post Apr 2 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

Riki asked to discuss it so I am happy to facalitite this.

I am happy to answer any questions about my vote and why.

I have also invited lady Neko panama sama and Woodrow sama to join this discussion.

Lord Naga
Dayimo of the Snake clan
Warlord of the Shadowlands

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Apr 2 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #2

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 388

QUOTE(Naga @ Apr 2 2017, 08:38 PM) *
Riki asked to discuss it so I am happy to facalitite this.

I am happy to answer any questions about my vote and why.

I have also invited lady Neko panama sama and Woodrow sama to join this discussion.

Lord Naga
Dayimo of the Snake clan
Warlord of the Shadowlands

Lord Naga, could you explain what's gone on to those of us what was unable to be there?

Cheers,My thanks, Lord.

Shugoki

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 2 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #3

Hero

In short we just travelled to the first village and hosted a peace meeting between clans of the Jade Empire and tribes of the Thun. A pact was made and peace between the tribes and the Jade Empire was bound in the ancient way.

The Snake cannot support this peace treaty as the lord of the Oyrx tribe,is Khudalch the lord of the shadowlands. So my vote was a simple no.

Lord Naga

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Apr 2 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #4

Heldsman

Member No.: 388

Thank you, Lord.

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Apr 3 2017, 02:00 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 1,111

Things are not simple.

This would be the 3rd major time you have been the un-united of the Council in decisions of import and gone against the emperors wishes. You were not even in the room for a good amount of the talks, in fact a break was insisted so you could return to 'simply' vote no.

Ningyou Dansu

--------------------
Laura

Known to occasionally play;

Xue Yanshi- crazy fairy Kensai with death wish
Ningyou Dansu - Crane Daimyo- Honoured One, Celestial Mind (Mystic plus)
Supai- Awakener
Serenity - Tainted Ramillion shard, Absent Blade (budoka/ warrior priest)
Esmerelda Dawbringer - Human Noble, Pure Priest
Lilith Darkthorn - Blauz, Assassin/Wizard
Bayushi Nanori - Amles Human, Warrior
Devana - Nightsoil, Silver Wizard
Opal - Dwarf, 'stone' Guardian (forest guardian)

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 3 2017, 02:55 PM
Post #6

Hero

QUOTE(LauraSB @ Apr 3 2017, 03:00 PM) *
Things are not simple.

This would be the 3rd major time you have been the un-united of the Council in decisions of import and gone against the emperors wishes. You were not even in the room for a good amount of the talks, in fact a break was insisted so you could return to 'simply' vote no.

Ningyou Dansu

Dansu

This is about the vote not other matters, the reason I was not in the room was I was Asked to leave by Fu chi san so we could confirm that shadowed death dealer was not responsible for the attacks in the room. I must then agoligise for wanting to keep you safe and not staying there to listen and discuss.

The vote was as individual clans not as a council if it was as a council then our vote would have been different and represented the majority of the council.

Naga

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Apr 3 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Snake said no. simple.
In fact you said very little at all during the whole proceedings, it is wonderful that you left for a moment to keep thing safe, even if it didn't exactly work.
You have started this discussion on Lord Riki's request, but you have said very little and explained even less.

I pointed out who your answer of no wasn't simple.

I was there for a task, It appears you were not, that seems simple Lord Naga.

I have no questions, simple.

Ningyou Dansu

--------------------
Laura

Supai- Awakener

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 3 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #8

Hero

It is simple .

Khudulch lord of the shadowlands clearly stated his want and reason for peace , so he could attack the celestial heavens and kill Riley sama the Celestrial emperor. By making peace with the tribes and the Jade empire he would only be fighting on one front and can rage his war on the heavens ,my grandfather and his Kami.

He is the mans wake we have been following over the last few years and is responsible for so much I am still connecting all of the dots of where he has been and what he has done. The most recent one was the kami of calm who had Una not sacfriced herself for us at the dawn then we would be in a very bad place.

When he launches his attack on the heavens will you breach your pact with the thun?
Will you defend the kami from his 30,000 oni will you break your pact ?
While I stand with the Snake down to the last man as he assaults the gate of the heavens will you break your pact?

But you will no have to my Dear Dansu for we will do our duty as we have been tasked to do by the Jade Emperor.

On why I did not speak much I was ordered by the Emperors Honour not to attack Khudulch and I had so much rage inside me it very much clouded my judgment without the kami of calms touch blood would have been split. So I decided that remaining silent allowed you to get the peace treaty the lands needed.

With regards to your insult about me I demand satifaction as that is the second time and I should have asked the first when you called me greedy.

Lord Naga

+Quote Post
Abel
post Apr 3 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #9

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

Lords and fellow council members,

While I am sure that peace between the Thun tribe (including the Oryx) and the Jade empire will secure a lasting peace in the mortal realms, I am sure that with so many celestial being as members of mortal clans that Khudluch would only attack the celestial heavens with the hope hundreds of thousands of the free Oni and beast at his disposal and leave his 30,000 oni in the Oryx tribe "at home" otherwise he risks breaking the treaty himself, and as a creature so used to contracts as he is he will be clever about it but will not risk a blatant breach of contract. Should we be asked to come to the aid of the heavens it should not breach the contract as we will be fighting the shadowlands and its lord. Not the Oryx tribe. While I see the duality, I am sure that the fact the celestial emperor and his duality with the Emperor in Jade, will surely counted among the same "loophole".
This fighting the enemy and their lord will be as simple as any other invaders, hmmm perhaps I should have been there to conference with Woodrow-sama on how the emperor would have wanted this ironed out...

Sosen Oku
Jade Ambassador

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 10k - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 9.8k Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 6.2k - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 4k - Far Northfolk True Awakener
Sosen Oku - 3.7k - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing/Jade Wiz)
Lt Benjamin Ford - 3.6k Nightsoil Comms Grey Knight
Moru - 3.1k - Twilight Elf Utility Wizard
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Abel
post Apr 3 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #10

Hero

Yusaki-sama,

You are going to need to be clear before demanding satisfaction on a Daimyo who's reputation is leaps and bounds beyond reproach, when you say you have taken insult for something that even when rereading what has been said no one else can see the insult. I don't think any misgivings we given in your direction more than you have shown no union with the other lords of this land and that the late Lord Riki has called into question your loyalities with the Emperor and his wishes. You along with the other lords of clans were sent to make peace and you didn't, in direct opposition with the will of the emperor. No one has called you greedy nor insulted you or your honour.
Now we know each other well Yusai-sama and I know personally were you place your loyalities and I respect that greatly, you keep my wife, child and clan safe from the evils that would sweep this land. But that aside you were tasked by the emperor to do one thing and you would not. Riki-Sama is a person who put the Emperor before all things and with that in mind he calls into question your place amongst the council. No honour is slighted here, trust me, you know I am the first to reach for a sword, but this is not the time. Try to see thing from the other Daimyos point of view, perhaps it is time to step down from the council and let a diplomat take your place, you and I are the same my friend, we are warriors and killers of men. I knew when it was time to let the correct person to take the reins and find us the peace we do not seek, but want dearly for our loved ones.
Don't take the road to war, seek the peace of the fields.

Kazan Toshimoko
Done with titles

--------------------
Jules
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Darkended
post Apr 3 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #11

Militiaman

Member No.: 497

For those that do not know me in the inner council, I am Haiyū Yang-To. I take the place of Lord Rikki at his request as the Voice of the Jade Council.

As such, it is my duty to voice a number of questions surrounding this subject. The answers of which are important in that they will serve as anchoring points with which I shall base my stance on the matter.

Firstly, and I believe it was mentioned a number of times by many that participated in the peace talks in question, it was the Emperor's wish that peace be made. If there is any one that would take the stance that their duty, or responsibilities, is of greater importance than the wish of the Emperor, I request that they make this known now.

Secondly, and I direct this towards the clans who were unable to attend the peace talks, the peace that was brokered was offered between the Jade Empire, the thu'un and the clans who attended, and specified:

"A broad peace, between the Jade Empire, the clans and tribes...with the understanding that the finer details of the agreements be made in good faith between the above parties, and that the agreement be protected under the henceforth referred to as Caveat Seven, in that the actions of said 'dicks' may be dealt with appropriately without breaking the treaty brokered today. Such is the Emperor's will."

This is an excerpt of the treaty agreed and burned as an offering, the agreement which Amlalt and Avral were quoted saying "we should be proud of what you have achieved".

My question is offered to the clans who were not present: Are there any clans who would not have agreed to the treaty?

Finally, I ask this to Lord Naga directly, as I asked this once at the conference and wish to be sure that your answer is as clear now as it was then. When you specified you would never ally with the Oryx tribe, were you speaking as yourself personally or as the intent of the clan. Meaning, if you as current Daimyo of the Snake, were to step down as clan Daimyo, would your new Daimyo, and thus the clan be bound by the same convictions, or are they merely bound because it is your own wish to do so?

I await your answers, and shall remain to answer any posed to myself as well.

With honour,

Haiyū Yang-To
Voice of the Jade council
Ear of the People
Daimyo of the Jade Dragon Clan

--------------------
- Matt

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Apr 3 2017, 05:24 PM
Post #12

Mercenary

Please forgive me, but could you please inform me what you find as an Insult?

Also please remind me when I called you 'greedy'

Ningyou Dansu

--------------------
Laura

Supai- Awakener

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 3 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #13

Hero

QUOTE(LauraSB @ Apr 3 2017, 06:24 PM) *
Please forgive me, but could you please inform me what you find as an Insult?

Also please remind me when I called you 'greedy'

Ningyou Dansu

So you called me greedy and power hungry when I took shadow death dealer.

Saying I was not there for the task I was and did my duty to the Emperor.

Naga

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 3 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #14

Hero

Tosh

You know me well I don't wish I fight between us but you know I would not stop with you and I ask you not to stand in my way this time and I will give her a chance that I would not give others.

When my loyalty and duty is questioned then I will not stop till that issue has been resolved.

I have done my duty to the Emperor and will continue to do so.

I dream of tea houses but war is apon us and the heavens will be attacked soon

Naga

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Apr 3 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #15

Mercenary

I have no recollection of calling you greedy and power hungry when you took that accursed sword, however I felt you shouldn't, as did many others and this was made clear to you at the time. I have also made it clear what I feel should be done with the sword time and time again. I have told you in person I don't think you should wield it. Calling someone 'Greedy and power hungry' doesn't seem like something I would say, but please remind me exactly when this was said and maybe I shall recall better.

I disagree how second part is taken for an insult. How is stating facts to what occurred and how it looked be an insult. Maybe you were given another task other than peace? I state again I saw you vote against it. Is this an insult?
I didn't see you hold the spoon other than to state who you were... if I am mistaken there, there were indeed many in the room, please correct me.

Ningyou Dansu

QUOTE(Naga @ Apr 3 2017, 06:45 PM) *
So you called me greedy and power hungry when I took shadow death dealer.

Saying I was not there for the task I was and did my duty to the Emperor.

Naga

--------------------
Laura

Supai- Awakener

+Quote Post
Abel
post Apr 3 2017, 06:07 PM
Post #16

Hero

QUOTE(Naga @ Apr 3 2017, 06:53 PM) *
Tosh

You know me well I don't wish I fight between us but you know I would not stop with you and I ask you not to stand in my way this time and I will give her a chance that I would not give others.

When my loyalty and duty is questioned then I will not stop till that issue has been resolved.

I have done my duty to the Emperor and will continue to do so.

I dream of tea houses but war is apon us and the heavens will be attacked soon

Naga

Many thanks, old friend. But I would appreciate that you drop you issues with Dansu completely, as you will never get close enough to her to do her any real harm, so ets not fight each other, no one is calling into question honour or duty, so let's aim our anger at the people who we know deserve it. We should concentrate our efforts in protecting those who cannot defend them selves.

Toshimoko

--------------------
Jules
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 3 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #17

Hero

Yang-to

The snake will be there and we will defend you from the shadows, if I am dead the next will take my place. Regardless of how you see or treat us we will still stand and die and fight to the last. We will do our juty to the mortal realms and the heavens.

My wish is to drink tea and sake, my juty is to defend the land at all cost and that is the emperors instruction to the Snake.

I see you are ignorant to the way the world actually works and I'll excuse you this only time.

Naga

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 3 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #18

Hero

QUOTE(LauraSB @ Apr 3 2017, 07:03 PM) *
I have no recollection of calling you greedy and power hungry when you took that accursed sword, however I felt you shouldn't, as did many others and this was made clear to you at the time. I have also made it clear what I feel should be done with the sword time and time again. I have told you in person I don't think you should wield it. Calling someone 'Greedy and power hungry' doesn't seem like something I would say, but please remind me exactly when this was said and maybe I shall recall better.

I disagree how second part is taken for an insult. How is stating facts to what occurred and how it looked be an insult. Maybe you were given another task other than peace? I state again I saw you vote against it. Is this an insult?
I didn't see you hold the spoon other than to state who you were... if I am mistaken there, there were indeed many in the room, please correct me.

Ningyou Dansu

I remember it clearly that you said that along me having enough artifacts in my collection.

My task has never changed of that of defending our lands from the Oni.

One other time to challenge the Oryx about his wants. I did not speak after that as I wanted you to get the peace that is needed so much.

I am trying to be as calm as possible but war is coming and politics won't save us. If you think I'm lying say so and I'll prove I'm not.

Naga

+Quote Post
KatSables
post Apr 3 2017, 06:42 PM
Post #19

Mercenary

Member No.: 26

For me it is simple Lord Naga. You disagreed with the Emperors wishes, I think you know what needs to be done, unless of cause I have missed the picture or aim of what we were to complete.

Neko Panama

--------------------
Kat
kat@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Apr 3 2017, 06:52 PM
Post #20

Mercenary

I have never said your are lying, but calling ANYONE greedy and power hungry is not something I would say.... (ooc: I cant search the forum, never works and I never directly insult anyone as Dansu normally, I think I said it off game)

I have never insulted you about the events, but I was given a task, you happen to have voted against it. Believe it or not, I was indeed saddened by this, as such I didn't however feel the the answer should have been simple, politics isn't simple and it was a mission of politics. I wanted more explanation, maybe it was not clear. You started this discussion after all.

But being saddened by your choice may have caused my word to be more forceful than intended and I will apologize for that.

I do not want a 'chance' lord Naga. I want respect as do we all.

QUOTE(Naga @ Apr 3 2017, 07:29 PM) *
I remember it clearly that you said that along me having enough artifacts in my collection.

My task has never changed of that of defending our lands from the Oni.

One other time to challenge the Oryx about his wants. I did not speak after that as I wanted you to get the peace that is needed so much.

I am trying to be as calm as possible but war is coming and politics won't save us. If you think I'm lying say so and I'll prove I'm not.

Naga

--------------------
Laura

Supai- Awakener

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:42 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins