IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Request for Witness Statements - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Request for Witness Statements
KatSables
post Aug 13 2018, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 26

I have had it reported to me that a goblin named Picke was murdered by a Troll called Droppem whilst playing ‘daggers in the dark’ it has been reported this happened in the Broken Lands and with Sellaville being the closest imperial city I shall pass judgment.

Please can anyone who witnessed this get in touch privately. Any statements left here will not be included in my final ruling.

Baroness Fiona Winterhaven
Magistrate Sellaville

OC please use my gmail address kat.sables1989@gmail.com

--------------------
Kat
kat@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Will
post Aug 13 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 158

Dear Fiona,

What right do the authorities of the Empire have to pass judgement on the people of the Broken Lands, and the events that occur within it? Before you respond, please note that I said *right*. I understand the mechanisms of how this works on a mystical level.

The ritual that establishes the outlawing of mercenaries in these circumstances is governed by yourselves I believe? What right does the Empire have to place a bounty on the heads of those that are their own people, and then take it upon themselves whether to hold their lives forfeit?

You may make your rulings, and maintain a bounty on the heads of our people, but the tribes will sort their own justice and note well the actions of our neighbours.

The time has come for the Empire to recognise the tribes of Primus, and work with us rather than attempt dominion over us.

The Great Moot has formed and we will be heard.

Izrok
The First Troll
Warhaft of the Host

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
jj420
post Aug 13 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,677

What irozk said!

We of the broken lands do not except the laws of the empire!

You and your empire can shove it where the sun don't shine

Shank

+Quote Post
Strife
post Aug 13 2018, 04:05 PM
Post #4

Heldsman

Member No.: 1,568

QUOTE(Will @ Aug 13 2018, 04:31 PM) *
I understand the mechanisms of how this works on a mystical level.

Are you sure you are a troll?! Bloody smart one.

Puck.

--------------------
Will Hudson

+Quote Post
jasonprice
post Aug 13 2018, 04:06 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 135

errrr but i winz da game

me no murder pickle he says ok sorry me say he say ok u ow favour me say ok.

bad if uz da favour ee wants...... me finkz

dropem

--------------------
Jay

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Aug 13 2018, 04:21 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 574

QUOTE(Will @ Nov 4 2015, 02:37 PM) *
No... no Zombies... hate Zombies... Zombies bad...

Izrok

Clearly you have been working hard on your grammar, very commendable.

While you occupy territory within the Empire you are bound by the same rules that protect all of it's citizens. This protection is very much for your own good if I am honest... even though you may not agree with it.

Louis Athanyn
Covenant

+Quote Post
muttleyskragg
post Aug 13 2018, 04:45 PM
Post #7

Levy

Member No.: 909

I also talk same as Izrok. As Moot speaker, and protector if all tribal creatures. It is time that we the tribes are heard. There is no need for the empire to get involved in what is clearly a tribal matter.

Muttley
Moot speaker of the Broken Lands
Grand High Ogre
Shamanic magi of Storms

+Quote Post
Snuffy
post Aug 13 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #8

Peon

Member No.: 973

Baroness Fiona Winterhaven, I av sent an eagle with my message to youz just now.

+Quote Post
BBB
post Aug 13 2018, 05:52 PM
Post #9

Deity

Member No.: 25

* Ooh, this is exciting *

* Is the Empire trying to claim The Broken Lands? *

* Fetch *

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Will
post Aug 13 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #10

Legend

I am flattered that you took the time to dig back. I am the oldest, and have been empowered with the cunning and curiosity that is bound to our race.

We come to engage in the spirit of avoiding the shedding of more needless blood, and hope that reason will be seen.

But listen well, for I am also bound by the war the imbeds itself in our roots. Blood will be shed if the Empire seeks to impose it's will on the tribes.

Tick your paperwork if need be, and make your decrees, but do not think to tell us what is "for our own good".

Izrok

QUOTE(Ryan @ Aug 13 2018, 05:21 PM) *

While you occupy territory within the Empire you are bound by the same rules that protect all of it's citizens. This protection is very much for your own good if I am honest... even though you may not agree with it.

Louis Athanyn
Covenant

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dave
post Aug 13 2018, 06:16 PM
Post #11

Legend

Member No.: 62

You can not be the oldest troll. Stop lying on that.

And before you totally rebel from the Empire, which I do not hold any position or sway over. They are overal a drive for good, may I remind you that certain members of the group to free you from ‘the house of death’ were aligned on a legion or members of the Empire. So do not get all high and mighty now you have risen through the mercenarie ranks beyond measure.

Also if you understand the mystical things that bind this judgment in place, surely you shouldn’t reply to Baronesss Winter haven... just saying.

Snow

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
Will
post Aug 13 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #12

Legend

I am the oldest. Commune or come see my paperwork. I don't mind which.

This is not about rebellion, or good, or bad. We are our own people, others seek to impose their will on us, patronise us. This will not do.

I went into that house and shed vitae to try and help the empire. Members of the mercenary caste came to help rescue those within, as I would have done for others. This is right and good. I do not wish harm on the Empire, I just wish for them to respect our ways and leave us to live our own lives.

This is not a personal matter, do not seek to make it that way. Arguments are not won like this, it only lessens your position.

Izrok

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dave
post Aug 13 2018, 06:49 PM
Post #13

Legend

Member No.: 62

You have paperwork, but you just commented to the Coveant that he can tick his paperwork.
Also I do not care for what commune or your paperwork says, you clearly are not the oldest troll.

Well done for that, but until I suspect the tribes can prove themselves, you need to be managed as you arnt exactly the most organised bunch. You are your own people now, who knows what the next year will bring.

I’m not making it personal, just saying....

Snow

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
Will
post Aug 13 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #14

Legend

Your words speak volumes to prove the truth of the foundation of the conflict of the years.

That straight out fact and proof is not sufficient for you reflects poorly on the quality of your argument.

I urge the Empire to remove the bounty on the head of one of the tribes, for a crime between the tribes, in the land of the tribes. We will manage our own.

Izrok

QUOTE(Dave @ Aug 13 2018, 07:49 PM) *
You have paperwork, but you just commented to the Coveant that he can tick his paperwork.
Also I do not care for what commune or your paperwork says, you clearly are not the oldest troll.

Well done for that, but until I suspect the tribes can prove themselves, you need to be managed as you arnt exactly the most organised bunch. You are your own people now, who knows what the next year will bring.

Snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Aug 13 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #15

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(Dave @ Aug 13 2018, 07:49 PM) *

Snow

Oi! Snow!

Leave the poor little Troll alone. I haven’t heard of it either but these sort of things pop up all the time. He seems decent, that’s all that matters. He could be the first ant for all I care.

I get the tribal stuff. Ya know, my Lady’s angels are like, all Black Orcs.

They’re a strange bunch. But I get it.

Tribal stuff. On Tribal Lands. Between tribals. So simple even a troll could understand (no offence)

Let them crack on with it. The Empire should go and find some real villains. I’m sure the Spiter, Argoth, or some rogue Hippomen assassins are still kicking about.

Max
The First Badger.
68th
Sorcha’s Priest
Criminal (apparently... but I didn’t do it)

+Quote Post
Saladin
post Aug 13 2018, 09:47 PM
Post #16

Heldsman

Member No.: 873

Things are always a changing.

The Broken Lands are not the same as the ones from two weeks ago. Blood has been shed by the Tribes, by the Priest of Morodin, Sirac Drakeson, Jester and Kurth in defence of the Broken Lands.

Our sacrifices in the name of the freedom of the Broken Lands from the power of an Old God whose intent was to create a platform from which to hold sway and outright attack the Empire and the whole of Primus, was thwarted by those mentioned above. We defended Primus.

We were the shield that did not bend or break in the face of this onslaught on Primus, I would hope that in itself would grant us the right to the respect of those that have now slept under the very cover of freedom we provided with our sacrifices.

At the Grand Moot the Tribes represented decided they wanted to see a future free and outside of the Empire. This was discussed at long length by all parties within the Broken Lands and the final choice of the Tribes is to become an independent nation state outside of the Empire.

No one wants the Empire ill will but we want the Broken Lands to be recognised for what they truly are which is Tribal lands. We have proved to be adept at defending our lands against all foes and can be relied on to not fail Primus when it matters as a bulwark of defence on Primus.

For all those that choose to belittle us, our efforts in defence of Primus or believe that we need protections outside our own as the Tribes I give you good advice, we never forget, a good deed or a bad one so tread lightly with us.

Let it be known that the people of the Broken Lands wish to live in peace with any who comes with peace in their hearts.

Long live the Tribes it is our time to be free of Empire.

Silent Clouds

The Grey Wolf Spirit

--------------------
Hoz

+Quote Post
DanM
post Aug 14 2018, 12:51 PM
Post #17

Post Police

Member No.: 38

QUOTE(Ryan @ Aug 13 2018, 05:21 PM) *

Louis Athanyn
Covenant

That's because the Empire [----] stole it from us

Baiter

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Aug 14 2018, 01:51 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 37

Silent Clouds,

Thank you for being calm and reasonable in your reply. The Senate has already been informed of the actions of the tribes within the Broken Lands to defeat Ruin and the creation of a Place Spirit within that area.

I have completed some preliminary investigations in to the Broken Lands since it is an area I have had minimal dealings with previously. As far as I am aware, they are not owned or come under the lands of a Noble in any way. It is an area that has very much been left to the tribes to live and be left to their own devices. They are however surrounded on all sides by owned lands and fall under the various Empire wide rites and protections.

The only reason Lady Winterhaven made her request for information is that a complaint was made to the covenant regarding the killing. As Izrok put it, there is mystical power beyond even the Senates control regarding the outlawing for killing a mercenary. It a similar power and a desire for fairness that means all so outlawed should have a chance to have the matter reviewed and overturned if deemed appropriate.

Previously, there has always been much warring between the many tribes within the Broken Lands and there was no one uniting power or tribe. If this has now changed and the various factions are working together and can appoint representatives for the entire lands it gives us a much easier base from which to work.

If you wish to discuss having a suitable representative to deal with such outlawing instances within the Broken Lands that is something the Senate, and in particular the Covenant and happy to discuss and can be arranged in relatively short order.

Removing the Broken Lands completely from the Empire’s Lands, and therefore protections, is something that I would generally be against due to the instability it could cause to Primus, however the decision is not one that is in the hands of the Senate and would likely take a longer time to arrange. It is something however that can be further discussed.

The Empress wishes peace across all of her realm, and all of Primus. I am a firm believer in this being achieved by honest discussions which we are happy to enter in to. Here is not the place for further conversation but if you do wish to discuss either of the above, please contact me privately. We are happy to set up discussions between yourself and your representatives who were at the Great Moot and the relevant members of the Senate.

Theodore Be’Akris
Chancellor

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Aug 14 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 574

Many would call me a pedant and bore when it comes to matters scholarly, needless to say I always hold those willing to better their lot via those scholarly pursuits in the highest esteem. I say with out any sarcasm or demeaning that I think your skills of communication are a true credit to your race and something they can all hopefully aspire to.

I don't doubt you are possibly the oldest - the Rock Trolls are known for their longevity dating back to the earliest days of Primus, I do find it odd that you name your self first amongst Trolls however. It is my understanding from years of those same scholarly pursuits that the First Troll was in fact Oll and that he had a great bridge capable of crossing worlds - his last act in saving your people was to smash it as you fled to Primus from the Eth’Aderacht that his brother Uk had let loose on the World.

I have a great deal of respect for the history of your people and it is my sincerest wish as a member of the Senate and a Knight of the Land that we find a peaceful mutually beneficial solution.

Louis Athanyn
Senator for Justice

QUOTE(Will @ Aug 13 2018, 07:00 PM) *
I am flattered that you took the time to dig back. I am the oldest, and have been empowered with the cunning and curiosity that is bound to our race.

We come to engage in the spirit of avoiding the shedding of more needless blood, and hope that reason will be seen.

But listen well, for I am also bound by the war the imbeds itself in our roots. Blood will be shed if the Empire seeks to impose it's will on the tribes.

Tick your paperwork if need be, and make your decrees, but do not think to tell us what is "for our own good".

Izrok

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Aug 14 2018, 02:32 PM
Post #20

Legend

Member No.: 39

According to the myths Oll wasn't a Troll. He and Uk were members of the precursor race before they split, the Ggrutuck being corrupted by the Eth'Adarecht into the forms they are today while the Troll's are what became of the followers of Oll who fled to Primus. As you say Oll then broke the bridge to stop the Eth'Adarecht using it as a route back into this plane.

I don't know whether there's any evidence of that Bridge - certainly I've never found it. I spent many an hour with Troll sort of slowly discussing his race's history, the Stranger and so on - very interesting person.

Of course, it's probably all a myth as the timelines don't match up. I think it must be incredibly unlikely that the Trolls are less than 1,000 years old and weren't here when the Wyld ruled, and while Oll's followers may have come here from their home plane, I feel it's far more likely they interbred with their existing cousins or just simply died out.

Much more likely is that there was a Trollish race here before our land became Primus, which would therefore by definition predate the Eth'Adarecht and the Laiu.

Lovely to talk, hope you're all well.

J
Troll-friend

P.S. Is everyone as delighted as me at the thought of a troll having paperwork to prove he's the oldest. How great is that!?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:25 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins