Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Generic Far-folk YP review
Jacklearcher
post Sep 17 2014, 12:12 PM
Post #1

Peon

Group: Members
Member No.: 860

Hey there, Jordan here, when I started this character I had plans on what I wanted to do with him and finally after getting an Awakener to start up in his reed I thought it was going to happen, recently however said awakener got himself Pheonix touched into a Ggrutuck Grey knight... right... Err ok, after playing him a bit more I realised I enjoyed the character and didn't want to wait around for another Awakener to start up, so guess I'm going to have to skew my direction slightly...

So over the last week and a half I have written and changed and re-written some abilities I'd like to have. Fairly typical of farfolk I'm a medic(ish) character. My first sheet focuses on some potion type abilities for me to buy post VWE: Healing. The second one is some abilties that focus more on his neuronic side while still being focused on keeping the party upright. Particularly with the second sheet I wanted some of your input before I commited and sent it in. And before you read the second sheet, the reason I decided to change the way I could use Telekinesis as opposed to create a new neuronic abilitiy was that I felt It would be more appropriate of a scout to find a new way to use an ability as opposed to create a whole new one. everything said, here they are:

1st Sheet
Description:
Boiled Down: From “Distillation”, well-equipped potions may now be reduced in volume as per distillation.
Table [ ] Cost [ ]
Cruder than distilling and it can really ruin the longevity of the potion itself, but if it’s going to rot anyway it’s a great way to reduce carry weight. Plus if you know what you’re doing you can collect the steam for drinking later.

(Please note smoking due to these next abilities will be phys-repped with props; no actual smoking will take place on adventure)

Inhalation: From “Boiled Down”, ingested well-equipped potions may now be made as tobacco related products and smoked on dungeon to gain the potions effects.
Table [ ] Cost [ ]
Sometimes in Bourthek water was scarce and you had no idea when you would come across your next clean water, yet potions were sometimes just as needed. Luckily a group of Farfolk figured out a technique that required hardly any liquid at all! Just don’t forget do breathe deep.

Mediational use: Requires use of the Herbal infusion recipe on the played adventure. As part of his upkeep to his course of herbal infusion, Perry is required to constantly smoke tamerisk, while smoking he gains Tblp only regen at 1 point per 5 minutes. If however Perry goes without smoking for one hour he is affected with withdrawal symptoms (as though he is stuck within the 15 min stage of disease and the benefits of Herbal Infusion is reversed), until he starts smoking again. The acquisition of this ability prevents buying into any class with a potion restriction or ever benefiting form the tables ability “Large Lung Capacity”.
Table [ ] Cost [ ]
Want some? What? No don’t be silly, it’s tamerisk! Like I’d fill my lungs with that rubbish, it ain’t good for ya I’ll tell ya!

The 2nd Sheet
Description:
Closed Surgery:From Perry’s extensive physician’s knowledge and practice with puzzle boxes from behind a tarp, he has learned how to carefully manipulate material and tissue that he cannot see in a delicate manner. Now by using “Telekinesis”, (the neuronic power), instead of the usual effect Perry can use the casting to instead fix the flesh and bone of a single targets location in the same manner as monk loc healing. Using “Telekinesis”, in this way reduces the range to 1 inch and each casting fixes the targets location for __ points of locational damage which cannot be applied at a rate of more than 2 points per second as per monk loc. This healing cannot be “staggered” with bandaging or similar to increase the healing received and only repairs locational damage and can never restore tblp. The duration of course is reduced to instant.
Table [ ] Cost [ ]
The ability to move and manipulate the physical world, without contact, from behind wards and barriers, purely through force of will and your telling me no one in the reed has thought of using it for closed surgery? Right looks like I’m going to have figure out how to do this myself.

So, input?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Sep 17 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 242

Smoking constantly in a cave seems like an idea that will make you no friends.

Peter Long

+Quote Post
Jacklearcher
post Sep 17 2014, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Peon

And that's why I made sure befor the smoking abilities were mentioned I put down "(Please note smoking due to these next abilities will be phys-repped with props; no actual smoking will take place on adventure)".

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Sep 17 2014, 02:29 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 176

Boiled Down is fine

Inhilation causes rules headaches when it comes to giving the potions to other people, or poisoning people with cigars.

Regen 1 per 5 mins, I'd suggest making this Casting Stamina and loosing the restrictions.

Closed Surgery becomes LOC curing @ will (albeit slowly), which seems massively unlikely.
As a 1/day you'd likely get it, but it would cost so much as to become pretty much not worth it (at a guess).

Possibly try it as an enhancement to bandaging ?

+Quote Post
Jacklearcher
post Sep 17 2014, 03:04 PM
Post #5

Peon

You may be right with the inhalation causing issues, how about if I oneline that one so that potions made that way only effect me?

Regen modification is an intresting one, the casting stamina one hadn't even come to mind and I admit I quite like. It fits nicely with the idea of the smoking being more of a relaxent for him than a healer.

With regards to your issues with the Closed Surgery though I have to respectfully disagree, from when I've talked to other people they have said about how they've gotten massive ammounts of bandaging and monk loc. Not naming names but I believe someone had I think it was around 60 points of locational monk loc that regened 40 every 5 mins. While thats the extreme many people have had very fast regening bandaging. The reason I chose to go this route was that in essence it did the same thing, repair locational damage but all regening scout bandaging seemed to have no downside or cost and has been done dozens of times. I wanted a way to do the same thing but in a different package and I can't see this as being too powerful considering what some scouts have got passed for bandaging add ons.

+Quote Post
PaulM
post Sep 17 2014, 03:08 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,029

QUOTE(Jacklearcher @ Sep 17 2014, 04:04 PM) *
With regards to your issues with the Closed Surgery though I have to respectfully disagree, from when I've talked to other people they have said about how they've gotten massive ammounts of bandaging and monk loc. Not naming names but I believe someone had I think it was around 60 points of locational monk loc that regened 40 every 5 mins. While thats the extreme many people have had very fast regening bandaging. The reason I chose to go this route was that in essence it did the same thing, repair locational damage but all regening scout bandaging seemed to have no downside or cost and has been done dozens of times. I wanted a way to do the same thing but in a different package and I can't see this as being too powerful considering what some scouts have got passed for bandaging add ons.

If you are a Ggrutuck look at flesh mending as a artificer and expand from that.

--------------------
Paul M

Known to Play

Lync Woodoak
Beast
James Flashblade
Malarick Despana
Gerry the Golem

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Sep 17 2014, 03:40 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 176

Eh, go for it...
The worst that will happen is you'll get "No" written on it.
If you don't ask you don't get wink.gif

You may find it comes back as x times per day, or useable 1/15 mins or something.
You may find it comes back exactly as written.

Certainly no harm trying for something you want.
_
Pete

+Quote Post
Jacklearcher
post Sep 17 2014, 03:48 PM
Post #8

Peon

QUOTE(PaulM @ Sep 17 2014, 04:08 PM) *
If you are a Ggrutuck look at flesh mending as a artificer and expand from that.

Ah no it was my reeds Awakener that got shifted, I'm still bog standard. Flesh mending is pretty much exactly the flavour I was looking at though.

+Quote Post
giles
post Sep 17 2014, 04:34 PM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 68

You may be right with the inhalation causing issues, how about if I oneline that one so that potions made that way only effect me?

Why not just use perfume or a scent instead - easy for a ref to check - ie. can smell it, and no tobacco issues?

Giles.

+Quote Post
Jacklearcher
post Sep 17 2014, 05:25 PM
Post #10

Peon

QUOTE(giles @ Sep 17 2014, 05:34 PM) *
Why not just use perfume or a scent instead - easy for a ref to check - ie. can smell it, and no tobacco issues?

Giles.

Actually last dungeon I used a electronic nicotine free strawberry flavored cigarette. checked with the ref before dungeon and the only problems that occurred was I didn't anticipate the amount of oriental character there would be telling me how unhealthy it is to smoke tamerisk smile.gif

I'm more worried about having a YP that says I can "Smoke" on dungeon and having a ref that isn't happy with me doing so. Don't want to create confliction if I can help it. I may just rebirth to an Awakener as my reed did loose theirs...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 12:41 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins