Reply to this topicStart new topic
> beast alfar and lycanthrobe, base race stage and lycanthrobe ranking
Syck
post Apr 5 2014, 08:26 PM
Post #1

Levy

Group: Members
Member No.: 890

i was thinking of a base race change for an alfar like instead of an environment it is of beast though my ideas would be the stats change as follows
looses +1 dac at sixth level, instead gains it at fourth and another at eigth
looses draw apon ep instead it gains 1xDay shift: for five minutes gains through damage with unarmed and +2 pack
25% discount on primal soul
gains sharp unarmed combat

Lycanthrobe: inspired by drachyul but maid it different so that it suited a lycanthrobe
rank 1: +1 stacking strength
rank 2: gains discern blood and flesh creature 20' range, must now feast on at least one corpse per adventure if not done then only gains half points for adventure
rank 3: gains +1 dac, loses 2 dac when within 10 ft of silver
rank 4: gains immunity to disease, now counts as level 1 beast "minor lycanthrobe", now takes 6pts extra damage from silver weapons
rank 5: now loses two ac when in urban enviroments due to it not being in an a natural enviroment, level 2 beast "minor lyconthrobe"
rank 6: gains immunity to disease, now counts as a level 3 "lesser lycanthrobe"
rank 7: may feast on a corpse healing 12 total, 12 loc but doing this causes the body to be destroyed so that it cannot resurrected in any way, gains this ability once per day per two ranks takes 10 seconds to preform, now counts as level 4 "lesser lycanthrobe"
rank 8: gains immunity to bruising/regeneration, now gains a jump per two ranks, now counts as level 5 beast "lycanthrobe"
rank 9: gains +12/4 tblp, now counts as level 6 "lycanthrobe"
rank 10: gains +2 strength from +1 strength, now counts as a level 7 "greater lycanthrobe"
rank 11: gains fearsome aspect to any giant or medium animals within 20 ft, now counts as level 8 "greater drachyul"
rank 12: now gains transformation 1xDay for 5 mins: transforms into a large wolf like creature; while in this forms now gains +1 damage grade with unarmed combat, +4 pac, +2 dac

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BBB
post Apr 5 2014, 09:55 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Syck @ Apr 5 2014, 09:26 PM) *
i was thinking of a base race change for an alfar like instead of an environment it is of beast though my ideas would be the stats change as follows
looses +1 dac at sixth level, instead gains it at fourth and another at eigth
looses draw apon ep instead it gains 1xDay shift: for five minutes gains through damage with unarmed and +2 pack
25% discount on primal soul
gains sharp unarmed combat

Lycanthrobe: inspired by drachyul but maid it different so that it suited a lycanthrobe
rank 1: +1 stacking strength
rank 2: gains discern blood and flesh creature 20' range, must now feast on at least one corpse per adventure if not done then only gains half points for adventure
rank 3: gains +1 dac, loses 2 dac when within 10 ft of silver
rank 4: gains immunity to disease, now counts as level 1 beast "minor lycanthrobe", now takes 6pts extra damage from silver weapons
rank 5: now loses two ac when in urban enviroments due to it not being in an a natural enviroment, level 2 beast "minor lyconthrobe"
rank 6: gains immunity to disease, now counts as a level 3 "lesser lycanthrobe"
rank 7: may feast on a corpse healing 12 total, 12 loc but doing this causes the body to be destroyed so that it cannot resurrected in any way, gains this ability once per day per two ranks takes 10 seconds to preform, now counts as level 4 "lesser lycanthrobe"
rank 8: gains immunity to bruising/regeneration, now gains a jump per two ranks, now counts as level 5 beast "lycanthrobe"
rank 9: gains +12/4 tblp, now counts as level 6 "lycanthrobe"
rank 10: gains +2 strength from +1 strength, now counts as a level 7 "greater lycanthrobe"
rank 11: gains fearsome aspect to any giant or medium animals within 20 ft, now counts as level 8 "greater drachyul"
rank 12: now gains transformation 1xDay for 5 mins: transforms into a large wolf like creature; while in this forms now gains +1 damage grade with unarmed combat, +4 pac, +2 dac

There are an awful lot of balance problems with what you have written. What you are asking for in the Base Race Change is far too much and what you have put in the Status is either too weak or will probably be useless by th etime you are able to buy them.

Another consideration is your class. You don't say what it is.

The shift thing isn't very clear, do you mean shift into a wolf form OR like a Blink? I presume you mean the first but its not very clear! (Transform would be a better choice of name than Shift since that already means something very specific in laby terms).

Losing 1 DAC to gain 2 DAC in its place
Losing a Draw on EP for a five minute innate of through damage

For an instance +1 Stacking Strength is, generally not going to stack above 2 grades.

You probably don't really want to take a restriction that makes you take an extra 6pts from damage from silver. The usual method of silver damage for Werewolves has been done by werewolf forms being hey suffer damage only from spirit or silver weapons.

Rank 12: this is table 12, ie.e 7,500pts at that point you should already being doing your maximum damage so an extra damage grade is pointless. What you would want is an extra max damage grade.

Basically I wouldn't base anything on the Draychul status... There is a reason that pretty much no one plays them!

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Syck
post Apr 5 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #3

Levy

well this is just a quick come up i was more of thinking abilities first so that it doesn't go out of hand but the shift thing is basicly gain quite big claws and then the class would be a ranger

well for the whole drachyul thing the idea i don't kinda seemed reasonable and i really don't think it would be balanced if i took damage only from silver or spiritual unless maybe i was in the transformation

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Apr 6 2014, 09:23 AM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 112

I have passed, stats as alfar but the draw on EP becomes a bears rage innate, takes 30secs transforming rather than drawing on EP to activate.

+Quote Post
Syck
post Apr 6 2014, 09:56 AM
Post #5

Levy

okay what did the bear transformation give you exactly

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Apr 6 2014, 10:49 AM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 52

Bears Rage is a published Druid Evocation you will find it in the Druids book for exact details

Basically a 25% Rage and possibly +1 Strength for 5 minutes.

--------------------
Gordon Court
"The man with the barbwire soul."
Known to play: Amorphus, Mithaniel, Raven & Radiant
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton.

+Quote Post
Syck
post Apr 6 2014, 10:58 AM
Post #7

Levy

that sounds reasonable enough

thanks

but what about the lycan thing but i just thought that maybe since a beast alfar really wouldn't have an enviroment so they gain like sharp unarmed combat

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson

+Quote Post
Syck
post Apr 6 2014, 11:02 AM
Post #8

Levy

also there is no bonus strenght instead there is a bonus 12/4 life

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Apr 6 2014, 11:16 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 111

The whole concept of "Alfar" is that they are tied to environments. That's what an Alfar is. You're probably better off just doing a "werewolf" (or whatever) base race change, from alfar if you like, but I would probably go from ratfolk and keep it as simple as:

"As ratfolk (the shape shifting human disguise ones as that fits), but is a werewolf/lyncanthrope, always discerns as diseased (lycanthropy), but cannot be cured. Is similarly immune to other disease as a ratfolk is".

Your other, very simple option is just to start as a human and buy Primal Soul Wolf (predator) on T1, which would give you some of things you want. Thru damage, sniff/loc sniff and so on. You could then easily write a 7th & 8th to add other things. I might even put a simple one liner:

"M/R Lycan - abilities per level as primal soul predator but is a lycanthrope. Can still buy on T1."

That gets the "what you are" part up front and give you good mileage for a 7th & 8th.

Huw

+Quote Post
Syck
post Apr 6 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #10

Levy

well i was planning on the primal soul anyway but whole beast idea was that it was something new kind of like how the original alfar weren't tide to enviroments but were attuned to all of nature, this could have been an alfar that instead of living in a specific enviroment but instead lived with the beasts of the wild

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson

+Quote Post
Blodders
post Apr 6 2014, 03:23 PM
Post #11

Levy

Member No.: 117

There's always the Shedeff, the "Forest of Beasts".

Not that it's got a massive werewolf contingent there or anything. No sir.

Alex B

--------------------

+Quote Post
Syck
post Apr 6 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #12

Levy

i got confused by that last one

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson

+Quote Post
BBB
post Apr 6 2014, 04:09 PM
Post #13

The Shedeff Forest is full of werewolves who's pack leader is Nichal, played by Alex.

Check the wiki here.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Syck
post Apr 6 2014, 04:15 PM
Post #14

Levy

hey alex could i do a base race change as one of your servants or something, i like the idea of the forest, wait do i need his permission and if i don't what would i get from being a lycan from that forest

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson

+Quote Post
Syck
post Apr 6 2014, 07:41 PM
Post #15

Levy

hello?

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson

+Quote Post
Blodders
post Apr 6 2014, 11:01 PM
Post #16

Levy

Will answer here rather than the other thread to try and keep things compact, or at least in the same thread!

If you want to find out more about the Wolves that reside within the Shedeff, your best bet is to head to the Wiki links BBB provided above and have a nose around. I wrote most of it regarding the Wolves myself and have been meaning to add/edit extras for a while now (sorry Tiffer!).

Huw's (dnsmantra) post above is pretty much your best bet and a very good starting spot for what you're after/want. A lot of my own stuff is quite old and passed under a different GSM, so you're very likely to get pointed towards Primal Soul as an alternative.

As to "being a servant", really not required! You're welcome to simply be a Wolf from there. have some involvement with the warbands based there, really don't mind. Pretty much applies to anyone playing a Wolf really.

There's no bonus for being from the Shedeff other than the background and role-play elements at the moment as I'm unable to get down the caves as much as I'd like to get a contract up and running, run dungeons etc, but hopefully in time that sort of thing might happen, we'll see.

Alex

--------------------

+Quote Post
Syck
post Apr 7 2014, 03:45 PM
Post #17

Levy

thanks i guess taking the route of alfar ranger gone primal soul wolf from shedeff

but i think i would like to do something else like a lycan base race change with:
first level: sniff
2nd: sharp unarmed combat
6th: 1 dac

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson

+Quote Post
BBB
post Apr 7 2014, 04:20 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Syck @ Apr 7 2014, 04:45 PM) *
thanks i guess taking the route of alfar ranger gone primal soul wolf from shedeff

but i think i would like to do something else like a lycan base race change with:
first level: sniff
2nd: sharp unarmed combat
6th: 1 dac

Quick query for you, why are you so keen to do a Race Change?

Published Multiraces were put on Tb1 to avoid need for race changes. You're not asking for anything particularly different to what is standardly out there so I don't see it as a race change.

If you just want to call yourself a "Werewolf" then some thnig as simple as

Level 0 Primal Soul: Race is now Werewolf, Sniff & Tracking now comes up Werewolf, multirace as Primal Soul Wolf but race is considered Werewolf in all ways and should be pretty cheap.

That covers the basics, their is no need for a race change and as a Warrior Subclass you're first couple of hundred points are mapped out pretty much already with basic survivability abilities.

BBB

--------------------

+Quote Post
Syck
post Apr 7 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #19

Levy

that i can go for apart from the tracking since i am going to be a ranger but if i were to do this would i make it an ability or a race change

--------------------

Atli Bulat-Larusson

+Quote Post
Blodders
post Apr 7 2014, 11:02 PM
Post #20

Levy

It'd likely be a short ability, written either how BBB or Huw have suggested.

You essentially declare when you're starting the character that your intention is to multi-race immediately on Table 1 to Primal Soul: Wolf (Predator) and put in an ability (the one that says you're infact a werewolf, and not just a wolf) that you'd have to buy as soon as you're able to, as the VERY first thing you buy, also known as "Table 0".

As BBB has said, you won't have to Base Race Change with this, which will save you some points, and Primal Soul really does get you most of the bits and pieces you're suggested that you're after. Have a thumb through Evolution and see what's on offer from it.

I did see that PaulM sent you some other ideas after a previous thread you made that would work well as follow-ups or tag ons (especially if Paul's Chrono-forms are anything like I expect them to be!), but get the basics sorted first, and go from there.

Alex

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 10:17 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins