> Spiritual marking..., For Mar'Eth
BennyB
post May 3 2013, 09:24 AM
Post #1

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

So, thoughts, suggestions and abuse:

The last points apps I put in didn't exactly go well, so I thought I'd ask here before I went ahead with this:

Mar'Eth is a "Tsu-Ling" monk (1st class Monk, 2nd class warrior priest) Major sphere Healing, minor benediction (though I'm on table 11 now so will probably be major sphere both soon.
The Gifts of Mar’Eth

Level 1
May, on the presentation and acceptance of a “trinket” (usually a fish like pendant) cast a spiritual mark ally. This can be accepted / refused as per a normal mark ally the recipient needs to have at least a little bit of a spirit for this to work.
“Let Tsu-Ling’s gift mark the trust we hold together”.
This costs 0 spirits and __ life.
Because they’re pains about half of the church of Tsu-Ling would not be able to accept the gift, Mar’Eth can still mark members of the church (specifically including Tsu-Ling and any hangers-on) even if they can’t.
Mar’Eth gains ‘kin’ (the table 7 ability) with everyone he marks (as a spiritual informational effect).
Mar’Eth cannot mark himself.

Level 2
Gains 1 additional spirit per marked ally usable on miracles in his major sphere(s) (currently Healing but will probably include Benediction later / soon). These spirits can only be used on those so marked.

Level 3
Spent a long time in my live to minus
All those marked gain a stacking live to minus 12, if they attack Mar’Eth this then reduces their live to minus by 12 or to 0 if they have less than live to minus 12.
For each person so marked Mar’Eth gains 1 point of stacking live to minus

Level 4
Gains 2 total additional spirits per marked person as level 2.

Level 5
Died a lot, Res’d a lot:
All those marked can now be restored to life by Mar’Eth for only 8 spirits and half (previous) level loss (minimum ¼).
Each marked person “assisting” in the resurrection of Mar’Eth reduces the level loss suffered by Mar’Eth by ½ a level, rounding down in addition to any other reductions normally applied by the referee.

Level 6
Gains 3 total additional spirits per person marked as per levels 2 and 4.
When casting major sphere miracles on marked allies the spirit cost is reduced by 1 to a minimum of 1

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordon
post May 3 2013, 09:39 AM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 52

I don't know what the arms race has currently evolved too, however my immediate thoughts are

11 party members = 33 extra spirits a lot for a 2nd class priest. Devout priest a 1st calss priest m/c gives 18 and is what 350+ pts?

Add in the 1 spirit reduction and imagine you are casting wound staunch and healing hand for maximum effectiveness that equates to 9 Healing hands and 5 Wound Stuanchs might seem just a little bit too good.

I'd also clarify that the stacking LTM is only cumulative with published effects or if it stacks with othr non-published abilities not with any other spiritual mark ally or source.

--------------------
Gordon Court
"The man with the barbwire soul."
Known to play: Amorphus, Mithaniel, Raven & Radiant
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton.

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post May 3 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 242

I tried to get myself a bunch of spirits depending who was on dungeon with me as my major healer, only able to benefit from noble sorts. I was after 2 per noble retainer or yeoman, had it knocked down to 1 per noble. Never bought the upgrade which was nobles of house winterhaven count as 2 nobles for these purposes. I guess that means I agree with Gordon that you might be asking for too many spirits.

Peter Long

+Quote Post
BennyB
post May 3 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #4

Heldsman

Thanks guys, will tone down the number of spirits.

If I changed it to:
Level 2
1 innate cure wound per person marked

Level 4
Becomes 1 innate cure serious per person marked

Level 6
Becomes 1 innate heal per person marked (still too much?)

Ben

+Quote Post
Gordon
post May 3 2013, 10:11 AM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 52

I would still go for liquid spirits or you you could go for spirit points of innates from major sphere only like spiritual healer, with innates chosen within 5 minutes of the mark ally so you can create a pool when marking people near the start of the day and then select suitable ones.

If you only get simple healing tree innates why not just go around the tree for the equivalent number of points?

--------------------
Gordon Court
"The man with the barbwire soul."
Known to play: Amorphus, Mithaniel, Raven & Radiant
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton.

+Quote Post
draco
post May 3 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #6

Militiaman

Member No.: 598

What about spirits worth of innates chosen at the start of the day (healing or benebiction)? This to me seems more reasonable but means you cant med them back or anything.

My thoughts

James

--------------------
James Isteed

(the big one)

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post May 3 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 446

I would suggest the following:

1. The tricket and spiritual mark ally do not break any tenennts of the Church or wealth restrictions. If someone is unable to accept the mark for a non-standard reason, I think this should stick as chances are they got something in return for it. Phil is quite keen for abilities not to curcumvent other people's non-standards. I do nto think it will cost you much and will infrequently come up

2. I would clarify that those giving you powers need to "players" or NPCs that you have spent more than 24 hours with. Otherwise you are openign the idea of marking each and every peasant you meet

3. How often do you cast ress? how often is it from spirits and not a scroll? Knocking it down from 10 to 8 spirits may cost 100 points and you could just buy an innate of it. Well equipped with a dose of Mystic Honey and 1/2 level loss would probably be more useful

4. Abilities from Marked Allies - I would consider 1 healing spirit per person and then 1 benediction spirit - this means these spirits are seperate pools and stack with devout priest and shoudl be a bit cheaper

5. LTM 12 - consider they gain LTM 12 1st time a day they need it - stacking with published LTM only - however, LTM 12 is 65 points so this is going to cost you a hog of points. You migt consider a miracle that hangs on a player instead that kicks in when needed granting LTM 2 per priest level or similar. I would also consider the value of this - players tend to either be alive or dead. LTM 12 rarely actually saves anyone so I would consider all or nothing - LTM infinity 1/day 1st time needed lasting 30 seconds only or just choose something else

6. Spirit reduction - change to 1st casting of a miracle on a marked ally each 5 mins for cheap or change to advocacy casting - 1st casting each 5 mins is reduced as per advocacy (but list it as advocacy might change as published and you want to fix yours).

Just my 23 pence

David

+Quote Post
Fenris
post May 7 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #8

Heldsman

Member No.: 386

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ May 3 2013, 12:18 PM) *
3. How often do you cast ress? how often is it from spirits and not a scroll? Knocking it down from 10 to 8 spirits may cost 100 points and you could just buy an innate of it. Well equipped with a dose of Mystic Honey and 1/2 level loss would probably be more useful

5. LTM 12 - consider they gain LTM 12 1st time a day they need it - stacking with published LTM only - however, LTM 12 is 65 points so this is going to cost you a hog of points. You migt consider a miracle that hangs on a player instead that kicks in when needed granting LTM 2 per priest level or similar. I would also consider the value of this - players tend to either be alive or dead. LTM 12 rarely actually saves anyone so I would consider all or nothing - LTM infinity 1/day 1st time needed lasting 30 seconds only or just choose something else
David

I agree with the sentiments about res - I have a 'great shaman' MC which gives me similar things, because I used to res people left right and center. Have you got 0sp prot and talk to for the purposes of res? If not, consider that - takes the sp cost down considerably. Also consider something hoggier, rather than less, for res. I mean, how often are you likely to use it, and what's it's game impact (assuming we're not talking 0% res etc.). Maybe gain an innate res per 2 marked ally, minimum of 1? Or half sp cost casting res on ally but x2 cost casting res on all others (when from sp)? Something along those lines. You are unlikely to be ressing like a maniac unless it's a myths or a kotl dungeon!

Radiated anything is hog loads (or used to be). A perm ltm 12 for each ally is going to be horror expensive. Consider as David says either having it the first time it's needed, OR a number of take killing blows from the MC (not a tedious amount - something like 1/3) and you gaining 6pts of ltm per ally, usable on the take killing blow - stacking with your own ltm.

Finally, gaining spirits per marked ally is fine imo - second class priest or whatever - but then I know the character. Assume it isn't widely known and put in some sort of self defence restrictions (can't remember if you have these still already) and just go for it. Making them cheaper as David says by them being healing/benediction use only, on ally only. I don't think it's unreasonable, for a decent amount. don't go for 18 - just because devout priest has that many, that's an awful MC.

+Quote Post
Leo
post May 16 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Member No.: 44

For role-playing characterization I'm a fan of "marked ally" stuff having some sort of drawback for the ally, so they actually have to in some way commit to it rather than non-noncommittally allowing you to play your character. Doubly so if it gives you power.

+Quote Post
BennyB
post Feb 18 2014, 05:07 PM
Post #10

Heldsman

Following the above suggestions I finally got round to playing again, so put in and got passed the multi class as the following:

Thanks to everyone above for the help and sonof for extra help.

Level 1
May cast a spiritual mark upon a willing person with vitae (not himself)
The mark is a 0th level miracle costing 1 life, lasting 24 hours and can be refused ooc in the same way as any other marking.
If someone uses a rage while marked the mark goes down and can't be recast until the next day
Mar'Eth gains an awareness (c.f. true kin) with the marked person and knows their vague state of health including if they are conscious or dead. (spiritual info effect)
100 points

Level 2
The standard handbook 24 hour bless miracle is now reduced to 1 spirit (not reducible again) on people who are marked
Though if they lose the marking then the bless is also removed
160 points

Level 3
Healing and benediction (sphere or tree) miracles cost 1 life less when cast by
Mar'Eth on to those marked to a minimum of 0 life.
Not stacking with any non standard ability that doesn't mention this.
200 points

Level 4
Spiritual discerns can now be used by Mar'Eth at any distance on those marked
Those marked cannot be forced to enter a rage
310 points

Level 5
When casting healing miracles on those marked the prep time for prayer to aid and total heal is reduced to half its original duration when not in combat.
Not stacking with any non standard ability that doesn't mention this.
360 points

Level 6
All Healing and benediction (sphere or tree) miracles cost 1 spirit
less(minimum 1) when cast on marked allies
Only stacking with published reductions
440 points

Post 6th:
May purchase healing or benediction tree innates at the cost reduction above, however these may only be then used on those marked.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 05:13 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins