IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
To my Brothers and Sisters in faith, with love - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To my Brothers and Sisters in faith, with love
post Sep 1 2014, 07:52 PM
Post #21

Group:
Member No.: 0

I haven't defended a cottage with a bunch of foreigners, so I guess that's me out of the running then.

I think splitting the power is stoopid and will just cause trouble in the long run. I want Haruld to do it. He's been here the longest and he knows what he's doing.

Plus he's defended a bunch of cottages with a bunch of foreigners which appears paramount. Bigger foreigners than this bunch too - several of them celestial dragons. I reckon they could kick the [----] out of this lot.

I want the old boss back. But that can't happen. Unless she suffers a consecutive series of accidents. ..... hmmm...

Melesh - Halgar & Proud.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Sep 1 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #22

Group:

Less angryly .... I watched Latona through all of this and if any of you lot begging for scraps had any idea of the suffering she went through maybe you'd think twice.

It was her very humanity which made her the leader she was and I reckon any of you lot are ready to sprout wings any minute... Can't trust angels, they're not here from choice.

And as for splitting power, can't help but notice that things only got worse when our Lady & Mortai chopped her brain up and divvied it out....

You'll all see...

M

+Quote Post
Will
post Sep 1 2014, 09:50 PM
Post #23

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 158

Peace Melesh, I do not understand this anger. No one is begging for scraps and certainly no one is even beginning to attempt to diminish the sacrifice and work of those who have gone before. And personally I have no intention of sprouting any wings, unless I am called upon. They sound uncomfortable to say the least...

I approached Haruld first, as I like you thought he would be exceptional. Sadly that was not to be.

The division was a suggestion, if it was thought to be a good idea. It seems that it is not thought to be so... Therefore, it is not likely to happen. But such decisions really are not in our hands, and neither do messages of support count as decisions. They are just that, and only that: support.

I have, and will suffer willingly for this world and the life within it. Do not doubt it. High Priest or not.

Tirama Eseyar, Brother of Sue

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Sep 1 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 111

QUOTE(EdBush @ Sep 1 2014, 09:04 PM) *
Less angryly .... I watched Latona through all of this and if any of you lot begging for scraps had any idea of the suffering she went through maybe you'd think twice.

I honestly don't understand why you have so much anger inside you and where this rhetoric is coming from. If I could help, I would. You rant, you threaten, claim that we "beg for scraps" and most of all you seem to neither understand, nor care to listen. As for suffering, if you're going to insinuate ignorance, at least spend some time to understand the people that you insult so that you yourself are not ignorant also. Suffering is not something to be compared, to be drawn up as a banner to be waved, to say "she is better than you because she suffered". Do you think that's what she would have wanted? We suffer because we can endure. Many people, a great many people, cannot so endure and those are the people we should be focussing on helping, on healing and on easing their lives, not petty bickering with each other.

Logros

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Sep 2 2014, 12:54 AM
Post #25

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

So, anyway, I've not decided yet. To be honest having all these samurai and assassins singing your praises does nothing to enhance you in my eyes. Their opinions are at best valueless. Being named after a pudding also does no-one any favours - soooo second age.

I'd foist it off on Haruld in a heartbeat if he was able to be around more often.

As for splitting the leadership; I think that would actually be worse than me staying as High Priest.

'Rus

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
Will
post Sep 2 2014, 09:44 AM
Post #26

Legend

Your take on the world and general lack of respect for others continues to confuse me Rus. I hope She grants me the wisdom to understand in the fullness of time.

Please leave the insults out of this. I hold a great deal of respect and love for my parents and do not consider slights against their naming abilities to be relevant or called for.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Sep 2 2014, 10:47 AM
Post #27

Hero

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE(Jasper @ Sep 2 2014, 01:54 AM) *
So, anyway, I've not decided yet. To be honest having all these samurai and assassins singing your praises does nothing to enhance you in my eyes. Their opinions are at best valueless. Being named after a pudding also does no-one any favours - soooo second age.

I'd foist it off on Haruld in a heartbeat if he was able to be around more often.

As for splitting the leadership; I think that would actually be worse than me staying as High Priest.
'Rus

Not a samurai, oriental or assassin. Just a goodly mercenary trying to discover his family's past. All goodly and honourable from what I have found out. I would not be able to cast the cold magics if I were anything different.

I forgive you.

Godric Snowsson

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Warrior/Wizard/Warrior Priest - 7.8k
Ginkgo Panama - Kensai/Warrior Priest - 4.9k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 663pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk - 1.9k
Coconut (aka ‘Dead Ogre Walking’)- Half Ogre Warrior - 4k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Sep 2 2014, 03:48 PM
Post #28

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(fatteacher @ Sep 2 2014, 11:47 AM) *
Not a samurai, oriental or assassin. Just a goodly mercenary trying to discover his family's past. All goodly and honourable from what I have found out. I would not be able to cast the cold magics if I were anything different.

I forgive you.

Godric Snowsson

If you're not a samurai or an assassin then perhaps - just perhaps - I wasn't referring to you. I simply do not have the words to describe how little I care about your family or past.
I neither need nor desire your forgiveness. What I do need from you is your absence from my church.

QUOTE(Will @ Sep 2 2014, 10:44 AM) *
Your take on the world and general lack of respect for others continues to confuse me Rus.

I give respect where it's due, I'm afraid, and choose not to pretend otherwise.

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Sep 2 2014, 04:35 PM
Post #29

Hero

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE(Jasper @ Sep 2 2014, 04:48 PM) *
If you're not a samurai or an assassin then perhaps - just perhaps - I wasn't referring to you. I simply do not have the words to describe how little I care about your family or past.
I neither need nor desire your forgiveness. What I do need from you is your absence from my church.
I give respect where it's due, I'm afraid, and choose not to pretend otherwise.
'Rus

You are an angry man

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Warrior/Wizard/Warrior Priest - 7.8k
Ginkgo Panama - Kensai/Warrior Priest - 4.9k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 663pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk - 1.9k
Coconut (aka ‘Dead Ogre Walking’)- Half Ogre Warrior - 4k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
Will
post Sep 2 2014, 06:45 PM
Post #30

Legend

This is the Church of Shaehan, not the Church of Rus. At no point should we be unwelcoming or disrespectful to those who come and speak in peace. And all life deserves a base level of respect, none of us are so worthy that others must prove themselves to us before we should afford them general niceties.

I feel like you are deliberately trying to illicit an aggressive response from myself and others. I am sorry if you feel this is necessary, but you will not be finding such a response here. If this is not your intent, please, consider my words about that base level of respect. And also humility.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Sep 2 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #31

Group:

Usa friends,

While my understanding of politics is not that great, I know that the strength of any guild is from its members and the bonds of friendship that they share. Anyway I though I would come in case the bit of Gysmo that is in me wished to make its voice heard.

Kreeark

Kreeark,

My dear friend, that was indeed the push I needed...

I must ask your forgiveness and that of the church for our silence until now. If I could tell you what we've been doing I would but such knowledge is beyond me. All I can say is that the part of me that was Mo travels beyond Primus where I may not, doing Shaehan's bidding. To keep it up all this time has taken great effort and so I have been far from active within Scarlene, in fact for most part I am almost totally subsumed into the city, a place I have pledged never to leave.

In one of my moments of more lucidity I heard words that ripped me to my heart, words passed through many people but the loudest amongst them - in spirit rather than volume - were those of Tirama. The church that I hold so dear to my heart and the principles on which it stands appeared at a very dangerous brink.

In that I am found lacking, I should of had more faith for Shaehan has stepped in and asked for a choice. I will not be able to keep this up for long and fear I will not be able to attend a congregation of the faithful to talk it over in person so I will say what I can here.

In part I think it is more fitting that those more active in the faith of our lands be the ones to have the say, but I hope my voice is still heard to some extent after all this time. In my eyes this should not be a decision of any one person but by and for the church as a whole in the clear eye's and guidance of Shaehan herself.

For myself I too add my support for Tirama for his words have very much followed my thoughts on the matters at hand, the right questions asked and respect shown even under pressure. I think he would make a fine guide for the faithful under the watchful gaze of Shaehan.

Alas for now I must withdraw once more but I will always be here within the fabric of Scarlene and I will listen out as much as I can.

Gysmo

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Sep 3 2014, 01:08 AM
Post #32

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(Will @ Sep 2 2014, 07:45 PM) *
This is the Church of Shaehan, not the Church of Rus. At no point should we be unwelcoming or disrespectful to those who come and speak in peace. And all life deserves a base level of respect, none of us are so worthy that others must prove themselves to us before we should afford them general niceties.

I feel like you are deliberately trying to illicit an aggressive response from myself and others. I am sorry if you feel this is necessary, but you will not be finding such a response here. If this is not your intent, please, consider my words about that base level of respect. And also humility.

Again, I value honesty too highly to treat anyone with anything other than the respect I feel they are due.

I'm really not trying to illicit any response in particular but I am rather tired of random mercenaries sticking their oars in, especially ones who are just looking for a chance to wave their angst about. I'm sure you all had a lovely time in your little cottage but it doesn't make any difference to my decision, I'm afraid. I mean one of them was a Star worshipper, for goodness' sake. After what they did to Torwin, how inappropriate is that?

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
daork
post Sep 3 2014, 09:01 AM
Post #33

Mercenary

Member No.: 1,807

QUOTE(Jasper @ Sep 3 2014, 02:08 AM) *
Again, I value honesty too highly to treat anyone with anything other than the respect I feel they are due.

I'm really not trying to illicit any response in particular but I am rather tired of random mercenaries sticking their oars in, especially ones who are just looking for a chance to wave their angst about. I'm sure you all had a lovely time in your little cottage but it doesn't make any difference to my decision, I'm afraid. I mean one of them was a Star worshipper, for goodness' sake. After what they did to Torwin, how inappropriate is that?
'Rus

If by star worshipper you are referring to members of my church then I find it highly rude that you judge all of us by the actions of a few. Besides which from what I understand the church of Shaehan represents mercy and forgiveness as part of the tenets of faith and I do not believe that is what you are showing and the current high priest. I for one would be glad to see Tirama take the position as from my adventures with him he is a much more reasonable man than you and he also represents your faith much better than you do.

Malahai
Worhsipper of the lady of the stars

--------------------
Dan Hunt

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Sep 3 2014, 09:28 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 574

The reality is while it is lovely that you all have so many nice things to say this is a Church affair - and one for the "Mortal" Church at that. I think it best at this stage we allow the events to run their course and trust that the right candidate will assume the role in the fullness of time.

While I do not agree with Rus' ideals this is a place we all call each other equal as Brothers and Sisters in faith and not the place for outsiders to come and judge us based on what is a very delicate internal affair.

On a brighter note it cheers me to see you speaking with us again Gysmo - your presence in Scarlene is felt, always.

In Peace

Reason

+Quote Post
Will
post Sep 3 2014, 11:27 AM
Post #35

Legend

I am very happy to allow things to run their course Reason, you are absolutely right, though I maintain that hearing love and positivity from every aspect of the mercenary community should never be made unwelcome, and is an especially powerful message at this difficult time for our Church.

But to clarify a couple of misconceptions that seem to be cropping up.

Of the seventeen people who have offered their thoughts, only five are from a cottage I recently helped defend in the East, and of those five, three are people whom I have travelled with several times before. There is no conspiracy here to inundate the discussion with people I just met for a weekend. That they refer to the cottage is merely on account of it being the most recent and obvious time to speak of (I believe, I do not want to put words in their mouth). Other than that there are many who I have travelled with elsewhere throughout the years, but also people I have never met who have read my words. This is an extremely eclectic group of people!

The second misconception here Rus is that I am in some way trying to influence your decision. Let me be clear. I have no desire to attempt any influence over any of your decisions in the future. My words here are for the benefit of all who would read them and take heart, but most of all they are for our Lady Shaehan, who will ultimately be our judge. If they manage to influence some shift in you towards greater levels of compassion and decency then yes, that is a worthy goal. But of your decisions? No... I do not care for them...

I will pray for you, whether you think you need it or not. I feel that the coming times will be hard for you, and I want you to know that I am always here to show you compassion and support should you require it, whatever our personal differences may be.

I feel I have said all I can say, other than to continue to return to defend myself, which perpetuates this conflict brought to a discussion that was otherwise full of love. To that end, I will withdraw in the hope that the negative directed at me fades and is left only with the wonderful light that began to shine into our Church at this fragmented time.

Myself, with love to you all

--------------------

+Quote Post
Naga
post Sep 3 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #36

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

The reason why I wanted to show my support of your faith and why I am interested in the outcome is that without the priests of your Church I would be a very different person.

When I started my journey I was an evil murderer, I would take life and not consider the consequences.

But as I journeyed across the lands I started to meet new people and each time I met a Shaehan priest there was always love and compassion and mercy. My whole life I had been trained to kill and do so with without hesitation but as I took my actions the line of what was right started to become blurred. I remember the first time I met Haruld he was very reluctant to journey with us as he did not want to watch us kill and murder without reason. I made him a promised to listen to his council where I could, this in it's self has changed my very view of the world almost as if I have had a Angel of Mercy and compassion whispering in my ear. But without the different members of your church I have met and journeyed with over the years my path would have been different and I am thankful that I have met so many.

This is why your church has mine and my Clans Loyalty and always will, I am proud to have a shrine to Shaehan within my lands and I hope that the decision you make about the new high priest benefits the church.

Naga

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Sep 3 2014, 12:06 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 574

Those kind words are most welcome, I mean no offence just that I see this breaking down (by words of a few - not all) into a judgement of the priests of our faith within their own Sacred places and that is not a positive or helpful outcome.

I've said enough on this - I wish all candidates the very best. My Mistress will make sure the out come is right for her faithful and who ever takes the position by her will, will have my full support.

Reason

+Quote Post
Rob
post Sep 3 2014, 03:27 PM
Post #38

Legend

Member No.: 115

Gosh

I have never seen such poor behaviour and bickering - you would have Lady Torwuns breasts quivering with rage!

I am pretty sure no one cares what I think - and to be honest that is fine by me - So that I don't feel guilty I will say it anyway.

Lady Torwin and Chernobyl were great leaders

I am sure Lady Letona was as well (I haven't been out much recently....)

Haruld I know and if he was available would be ideal (apart from those issues with use of Communication II)

Rus - I can honestly see no one proposed here who is worthy of filling such robes as the high priests of yesterday. I would go as far as to say they would likely cause more damage than good

I don't really understand your issues with Reason - I have no issue with an immortal leader - it has worked in the past - I have been to the 'being an angel' place and I don't think it changed me

Really I see the options as

A) leave Rus as high priest until someone who isn't a wet blanket earns the post
cool.gif appoint one if the old high priests or Haruld back to post and accept they aren't around much
C) abolish the post for now and someone (Rus or Reason) administer the church
D) form a council of faith to run the faith until a worthy high priest can be voted on. Give Rus the casting vote so no dicks get the job

On top of that could this discussion not be made private? I had enough of the orientals back in the early 990s and I have killed more assassins than Rus has been rude to - I haven't spent 18 years secluded here to end up on another 'spree'

Regards
Nathan Seek
1 of 10
Paladin of Shallya

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Sep 4 2014, 10:46 AM
Post #39

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(Naga @ Sep 3 2014, 12:57 PM) *
The reason why I wanted to s... blah blah blah

I don't care, go away.

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Sep 4 2014, 10:54 AM
Post #40

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(Rob @ Sep 3 2014, 04:27 PM) *
Gosh

I have never seen such poor behaviour and bickering - you would have Lady Torwuns breasts quivering with rage!

I am pretty sure no one cares what I think - and to be honest that is fine by me - So that I don't feel guilty I will say it anyway.

Lady Torwin and Chernobyl were great leaders

I am sure Lady Letona was as well (I haven't been out much recently....)

Haruld I know and if he was available would be ideal (apart from those issues with use of Communication II)

Rus - I can honestly see no one proposed here who is worthy of filling such robes as the high priests of yesterday. I would go as far as to say they would likely cause more damage than good

I don't really understand your issues with Reason - I have no issue with an immortal leader - it has worked in the past - I have been to the 'being an angel' place and I don't think it changed me

Really I see the options as

A) leave Rus as high priest until someone who isn't a wet blanket earns the post
cool.gif appoint one if the old high priests or Haruld back to post and accept they aren't around much
C) abolish the post for now and someone (Rus or Reason) administer the church
D) form a council of faith to run the faith until a worthy high priest can be voted on. Give Rus the casting vote so no dicks get the job

On top of that could this discussion not be made private? I had enough of the orientals back in the early 990s and I have killed more assassins than Rus has been rude to - I haven't spent 18 years secluded here to end up on another 'spree'

Regards
Nathan Seek
1 of 10
Paladin of Shallya

Firstly, thank you.

Secondly, there is a difference between someone mortal who becomes an angel - no real change - and an Angel who is an embodiment of divine will, with no real personality of it's own. Having a High Priest with no personality may not seem to have done the churches of Mortai or Talthar much harm but I'd rather not try it here.

Thirdly, there is no option. I decided to step down in order to avoid any more whining. The deal is already struck, so I will find a replacement.

Fourthly, I think it's unlikely. I live in Deci and have never been able to keep my mouth shut.

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:41 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins