IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Call to Family members - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Call to Family members
Rachael B
post Nov 23 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

My dears,

It seems that there may be something or body that needs our help.

If any of you are available to help on 1st Deeber I would ask that you contact me privately, and I will try and impart the little that I know.

Go Gentle all
Latona

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

www.titanleathercraft.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Nov 24 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 48

Latona,

My sincere apologies - I am occupied in the North at the present moment. I wish you every luck in your endeavours.

May you ever walk in starlight,

Ignatius

+Quote Post
BennyB
post Nov 26 2007, 08:45 AM
Post #3

Heldsman

Member No.: 43

Latona,

It appears, that I shall be able to attend on the 1st of December, I look forward to traveling with the family eventually.

Is it possible, simply for my curiosity to find who else will be joining us?

Mar'Eth
Of Tsu-Ling

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Nov 26 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

My dears.

I hope you are all well.

I have been speaking with a former travelling companion of mine. Kaldon. It seems that his guild the Front Line are also planning an expedition this day and we beleive it may be prudent and of mutual benefit for us to travel together, or at least "combine our forces".. I think that is how he said it.. It is entirely possible that we may select members from both organisations to form 2 groups to satisfy any hires or help we may decide to give.

I hope this will sit well with those of you that do travel with me this Starsday.

Go Gentle
Latona of Shaehan

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

+Quote Post
kevjones
post Nov 26 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #5

Militiaman

Member No.: 170

Latona.

It seems we will be having a busy couple of weeks. I will be there on 1st Deeber. Due to my inability to work these Angelic messangers out, could you possibly send me one with the details that you have so far.

My thanks.

Tanis.

+Quote Post
JustinC
post Nov 28 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #6

Hero

Member No.: 51

Dear Lady Latona,

Should you wish it, I will endeavour to attend.

Eldias

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Nov 28 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

QUOTE(JustinC @ Nov 28 2007, 11:34 AM) *
Dear Lady Latona,

Should you wish it, I will endeavour to attend.

Eldias

Thank you Eldias.

Your company would, as always, be welcome.

I promise I shall do my best not to go wandering off with any strangers this time.. or at least no one stranger than those we will be travelling with..

Go Gentle dear

Latona of Shaehan

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Nov 29 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(Rachael B @ Nov 28 2007, 12:30 PM) *
Thank you Eldias.

Your company would, as always, be welcome.

I promise I shall do my best not to go wandering off with any strangers this time.. or at least no one stranger than those we will be travelling with..

Go Gentle dear

Latona of Shaehan

Ooh ooh ooh...

I'm coming!

Callum has let me out of 'Magicks for beginners, part 1' classes so i can come and help.

He said i have two whole ranks of power now, and i shouldn't spend it all at once!

Don't worry... I'll bring the ribbons...

Branwen!

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Dec 2 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #9

Mercenary

My dear friends,

I would like to thank those that travelled out this Starsday. I am uncertain as to the final outcome myself. I believe we were somewhat successful, although the day seems quite patchy and the end somewhat hazy.

I would, however, like to apologise to all, especially Ignatious and Eldias. Had I not acted so rashly at the end Ignatious would not have cast so selflessly and fallen, and Eldias would not… I am so sorry, for this and other actions throughout the day.

Kenobi, I am so sorry for any pain I may have caused you. I can not ask you for forgiveness, for at this time I can not forgive myself.

Primus is no longer the world it was for me. Once I could walk its roads with a sure step and a light heart. Now I fear each of these steps is like a dagger to my heart. Of late only the good and loving companions I have travelled with has made it bearable, but I would not see you suffer needlessly.

To this end I wish to advise you all that I will be stepping down as guild eldar as soon a suitable replacement is found. I fear that there are some out there, as was witnessed on this and other outings, that will use me in one way or another against you all. Even though I would resist this for the pain and further hurt it causes I often can not and sometimes will not, and I love you all too much to allow this to happen. If any of you feel you would be able to take up this burden I beseech you to contact me.

Go gentle and ever with my love
Latona

--------------------

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Dec 2 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #10

Hero

Member No.: 48

Dearest Latona,

As I have already said privately, no blame whatsoever can be attached to you for my foolish error. You would not have taken the action you took unless I had already assured you, wrongly, that I could deal with the warding trivially. Whatever other burdens your conscience carries, this need not be one of them.

As for the other matters you raise - my heart is heavy to hear you so sorrowful...though I understand some of your reasons. Primus can indeed oft-times be a vale of tears. I trust that one of our brethren will feel able to step forward to relieve you of the burden of leadership, if that is what you wish. I would offer myself, except that I do not feel myself competent, and that I will soon be going into monastic retreat for some significant time.

The love of the Valar and of your Lady be with you always,

Ignatius

+Quote Post
JustinC
post Dec 2 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #11

Hero

Member No.: 51

Forgive my speaking openly, but I can see no reason for you to step down, Latona. The burden you have chosen to bear will ever weigh heavily on your shoulders. I've seen few more capable of carrying it with their head held high.

It is the nature of ugly souls that they will seek to abuse and take advantage of those whose souls shine with the beauty of compassion. Do not let them break you.

If I can help you remain unbowed and unbroken by all that seeks to overwhelm you, you need only ask.

If I may add, there is never a reason for you to apologise to me, lady.

Your servant,

Eldias

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Dec 2 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #12

Mercenary

My dears,

I would like to thank you all for your kind words of support, both those here in public and those sent in private.

I have not reached this decision lightly and will be speaking with my brother Dylan once he returns from his travels. I fear that I will bring further harm to this wonderful family through my naivety. I have been told in the past that I am too kind, too gentle and for the first time I think I begin to understand their meaning. I would not abandon you all. I will still be here whenever you need anything of me. You all know I am but a call away.

Over the years together we have made many new friends and regrettably lost some. But unfortunately, though I have tried so hard not to, we (or I) have also made many enemies. Some have gone to ground, I hope. Others keep appearing to hound us, once more playing on the weaknesses we have, of which I am a major cause.

Whoever replaces me as the Elder will have all the love and support I can give them. Should they choose to take this Guild, this family down another path, then so be it. All I would ask is that they honour the memory of the two wonderfully generous people it was named after.

Go Gentle my dears
Latona

--------------------

+Quote Post
JonMace
post Dec 3 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #13

Mercenary

Member No.: 90

My Lady,

I have not spoken here for sometime, but please hear my words.

This family and all it stands for is always going to be a beacon of light, and as such those that need our aid will always be able to seek us out - and this is wonderful.

The downside of this is that we are very visible to those of a dark heart, They seek us all out but back a special effort to cause you pain, I do understand the burden this gives you, and the responsibility it places on your shoulders.

I can understand this as you know my family history and the burden I have, but would you and could you really pass this burden to another?

There is no one that I would rather trust in than yourself - I'm sorry Robert, but its true.

Think very carefully about this, under your control your have many people of different orders which can be militant, but you manage to calm, could anyone else do this?

You are indeed a very powerful priest, and resilient to many things, would your replacement be able to survive the attacks our enemies throw at you?

I'm sorry if this seems a lecture it was not meant that way, but as a reminder of the love that we all have for you.

Joshua Arnherne
Priest Of St Micheal

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Dec 3 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #14

Mercenary

Joshua,

The very power I wield is the reason this family is often beset by enemies. I thank you for the trust you have professed in me, but I am only human. I have been a mercenary for as many years as I have memories, ironic, but true.

There is no reason why this diverse family should not still be a beacon in the dark. I am not going to abandon everything I and my adoptive brothers and sister have worked so hard for. It is a burden, I will not lie and say otherwise. The mere memory of why and how this family came about brings me close to tears. I have lost more beloved family members than one person should ever have to. That they were not blood relations is neither here nor there.. these I have lost too, although those memories are still partially shrouded from me. These were bonds of love and friendship that were fought for, earnt, not expected. I have lost a dear, dear brother to one of our first enemies. He acted as he thought best for us all by sacrificing everything when he turned his back on his teachings and I morn his loss still.

I have thought long and hard about this. It is not a desicion I have come to overnight. This has been a good year or more of prayer and meditation. Yes those I travel with have tempered their actions in deference to my beliefs and I thank them for this. But there is no reason why they would not extend the same courtesy to whomever follows me. You never know what you can do until you try.

Joshua, the life of a mercenary is short. We all know this and accept it when we assume the mantle, but the pain I feel when I walk this land has become more than just physical to me. The attacks that are levelled at me are quite possibly just that. Levelled at Latona.. not at this guild. But these attacks when they come do not only affect me.. How many of you have fallen to aid me?.. Even one is too many. My faith and power is what makes me strong, however, it is also what makes me vulnerable.. and whilst I hold this position of power this vulnerability effects those I love.

I will have to and have had to live with the choices I have made throughout my life. This one saddens me greatly, but I feel it will benefit all of you. I will still be a part of you all, nothing, no matter how dark or evil will ever be able to change this.

May my Ladys compassion, love and mercy fill your hearts.
May your paths be lit by the stars, and may you ever walk this path softly.

Go Gentle
Latona

--------------------

+Quote Post
JonMace
post Dec 4 2007, 12:42 AM
Post #15

Mercenary

I feel your words are fading your messages are harder to read, the Arnhernes who many you know as brothers and sisters will come and try to pull you out of this dark place that you now seem to reside.

My heart is filled with tears for your pain.

Joshua

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Dec 4 2007, 08:58 AM
Post #16

Mercenary

Member No.: 176

Do you really think that stepping down will make any difference?
That if someone attacks you, we will not gather to protect you just because you are no longer holding a bit of paper that says you are importaint?
If anything I'd think it will make things worse.
That someone who is a symbol of all that we could aspire to is seen to step down in the face of these attacks can lead to us all taking a step back, when we should be striding forwards: Together.

Don't give them what they want.
Don't show fear.

It hurts.
Of course it hurts.
We all know the pain of loosing those we care for.

But that's what makes us better than them: That we do care, that we know that pain and we face it anyway. The only way to not feel that pain will be to turn your back on it completely. To shut away everyone and to no longer care. And then they win.

If all you do is step down from a position of leadership, but you still travel with those that you care about, how will that be different? Those who would die will still do so.
We all make our choices, we're all free to die for whatever we choose to believe in, or to live for it.
So live for it.
Embrace the purpose you've been blessed with, live as fully and well as you can.
Because then they do not win.
Because then those who have chosen to die for that same cause can rest knowing that their actions were justified and their sacrifice is honoured.
Because we love you.
Because to do anything less is to be less than you can be.

Go Gentle.
_
Albus

+Quote Post
BBB
post Dec 4 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #17

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Rachael B @ Dec 2 2007, 11:46 PM) Over the years together we have made many new friends and regrettably lost some. But unfortunately, though I have tried so hard not to, we (or I) have also made many enemies. Some have gone to ground, I hope. Others keep appearing to hound us, once more playing on the weaknesses we have, of which I am a major cause.

Go Gentle my dears
Latona

I am not a member of your family. But I understand family and tribe all too well. If you would hear my words they are these:

I have known many followers of Shaehan, each great men and women and have yet to meet a weak follower of such. It is easy to fight. It is the staying of one's hand in pursuing paths of compassion and diplomacy that requires a very special strength all of its own.

He who makes no enemies is he who has does nothing and who's life has made no impact.

It is those who have made enemies that have mattered, that have made their mark and brought either their light or darkness to the world.

Amongst the tribes it is said that a man may be judged by the quality of his enemies.

Do not think yuo can avoid making enemies otherwise you cease to be that light that you are.

Do not forget that you are a beacon to others, let not it dim or be diminished.

Remember to stand tall and true for it is obvious that your family love, respect and need you.

Watching-Owl

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
post Dec 4 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #18

Group:
Member No.: 0

I echo what Albus said.

As long as you are yourself, the evil ones will try to use you against your friends. They will try to turn your strengths into weakness that way, because that is what evil does, it tries to corrupt, to harm the good by turning them against themselves.

Submit to what they want, go to ground and they win. Not by killing others, but by killing part of your soul.

Don't compromise with evil just because in the short term you stop them doing a bad thing. Because the next time they find it easier to make you agree to a bigger compromise, and a bigger one, and a bigger one after that, until in the end you do what they want for fear of letting others be hurt.

I do not want to see you hurt, but I believe that bowing to pressure will hurt you more in the end.

Findulias

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Dec 4 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #19

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(LucyH @ Dec 4 2007, 10:24 AM) *
I echo what Albus said.

As long as you are yourself, the evil ones will try to use you against your friends. They will try to turn your strengths into weakness that way, because that is what evil does, it tries to corrupt, to harm the good by turning them against themselves.

Submit to what they want, go to ground and they win. Not by killing others, but by killing part of your soul.

Don't compromise with evil just because in the short term you stop them doing a bad thing. Because the next time they find it easier to make you agree to a bigger compromise, and a bigger one, and a bigger one after that, until in the end you do what they want for fear of letting others be hurt.

I do not want to see you hurt, but I believe that bowing to pressure will hurt you more in the end.

Findulias

I know much has been said already, much advise has been given.

But it doesn't need to stop there, you have many friends who respect and love you dearly, as much as you love and respect them.

I am one of them Latona, I am proud to be your friend and I remember when Remstar first travelled with yourself and your brother. As long as the memories of your loved ones stay in the minds of their friends their souls will not be forgotten, and will live on in our hearts if not in their own bodies.

We all fight in our own way. be it with swords, our own wills, or even with words. You have the strength of your friends to add to your own. I think many of us would like it so we didn't have to fight, but there are things in this world worth fighting for.

You say you are 'only human', but, such a thing should not be dismissed so trivially. you Latona have your own choice and your own will. What you do is that much harder than those who are angels and their kin, as they dont get to choose. You do, and that is one of your greatest strengths.

Onto choices, should you choose you no longer wish to lead then there are many who would do so and hold the memories you hold dear. i would be one of those, but I do not think it necesary. your organisation has bought together some of the lightest souls of Primus under one banner, one which I am proud to be under.

If I can help in any way, you need only ask.

I understand what you have suffered as I have suffered it also. But, this isn't about me.

Let the virtues of hope, faith, peace, courage, mercy and love be in your heart Latona, with every footstep you take.

Clovis.

+Quote Post
JonMace
post Dec 4 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #20

Mercenary

In the end we are a family, and see you as our mother.

As the mother of a family there is great pain when something bad happens to one of your children, but at the same time there can be great joy when you see some spark of whatever within that child, in me there is a small spark of temperance without you I can say it would not be there.

I have seen families where they all meet every week and the mother cooked a meal (whether it was good or not did not matter) when that mother died the family drifted away from each other no longer having a common bond. Please do not do this to us

Josua

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:22 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins