Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Grand Bazaar's
Elferrick
post Feb 3 2015, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,270

Would it be possible to add a new section to the forum that's dedicated to a market place. A place where,(with the new armour rules) smiths, potion makers, scroll writer's and the like can ply their trade and commerce can take place. Only items made could be sold openly and private commissions done by pm. Money and items could be handed over at the desk or in the cafe if the people know each other. Having it IC would be best, also if it works it could be location based so that it's more realistic.

Down the caves the tavern could be made into a bazaar at lunch time. It could sell things openly (could be a problem from heavily made up characters). Items bought could not be battle boarded that day unless the ref had located a market in his brief.

It's just an idea but I believe it could be a good one.

Please don't think that for any moment I wish to replace BBB's section but maybe incorporating his emporium into the market place.

Yours wayne

--------------------
Wayne
Institute.labby@Gmail.com

Vargo Radule D'Treal - Ancientfolk Wizard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
dhurrell
post Feb 3 2015, 10:08 AM
Post #2

Militiaman

Member No.: 3,966

QUOTE(Elferrick @ Feb 3 2015, 09:44 AM) *
Would it be possible to add a new section to the forum that's dedicated to a market place. A place where,(with the new armour rules) smiths, potion makers, scroll writer's and the like can ply their trade and commerce can take place. Only items made could be sold openly and private commissions done by pm. Money and items could be handed over at the desk or in the cafe if the people know each other. Having it IC would be best, also if it works it could be location based so that it's more realistic.

Down the caves the tavern could be made into a bazaar at lunch time. It could sell things openly (could be a problem from heavily made up characters). Items bought could not be battle boarded that day unless the ref had located a market in his brief.

It's just an idea but I believe it could be a good one.

Please don't think that for any moment I wish to replace BBB's section but maybe incorporating his emporium into the market place.

Yours wayne

I really like this idea - it could save clogging up the IC boards with lots of equipment requests and would help those like me that cant get down the pit very frequently.

Dave

+Quote Post
Elferrick
post Feb 3 2015, 10:40 AM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,270

Also had an idea about club supporter's being able to remote make.... But that's for another day..

(on the lines of one character post 8th per fortnight able to make. All details have to be given to desk before characters can do this to stop cheating.... Not that anyone would take advantage.)

--------------------
Wayne
Institute.labby@Gmail.com

Vargo Radule D'Treal - Ancientfolk Wizard

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Feb 3 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 112

I thought that it would be good to just centralise it all, there are loads of people who need stuff these days, It would probably involve a box and some kin of spreadsheet behind the desk.

I thought I put up a topic about this very topic the other week?

Didn't some guys buy the rising star business? This would be a great way to blur the IC/OOC blurring of the whole I need a suit of 2+2 mechanic.

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 3 2015, 04:27 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 111

We did... sadly I am not in the country... Tiffer! gogogo!

But yes, it is a very good idea.

Huw

+Quote Post
BBB
post Feb 3 2015, 06:10 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 25

I think Tiffer was working on sorting out buying and selling prices.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
giles
post Feb 3 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #7

Legend

Member No.: 68

I did it for a bit as Bazaar - but the difficulty I had was - not playing the character, less enthused. Hopefully with a couple/several people it should work.

Though if any of the shareholders of the Tome & Salvage co. are still out there . . .

+Quote Post
cripple
post Feb 3 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #8

Hero

Member No.: 686

QUOTE(giles @ Feb 3 2015, 10:06 PM) *
I did it for a bit as Bazaar - but the difficulty I had was - not playing the character, less enthused. Hopefully with a couple/several people it should work.

Though if any of the shareholders of the Tome & Salvage co. are still out there . . .

i still have my shares.
Grant.

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Feb 3 2015, 10:21 PM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 52

As do I as Kessel and was in the process of writing a CC for it.

--------------------
Gordon Court
"The man with the barbwire soul."
Known to play: Amorphus, Mithaniel, Raven & Radiant
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 08:06 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins