IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Mercenaries wanted! - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mercenaries wanted!, ((Brief for Sat 3rd Dec Max 750))
Netheril
post Nov 21 2016, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,516

*The following missive is posted around various hiring halls and taverns*

I am in desperate need of a group of mercenaries with some experience of dealing with unusual situations.

My name is Jeremiah, my father, Tobias Stonehaven, is mayor of the village of Stonehaven, our family home for many generations. Nestled in the foothills of the Brandins, our small mining town has remained untouched by any problems that would ever draw outside attention. We are simply not important enough, we have little of value and are simple folk.

But no longer it seems is that the case. For personal reasons, I have been away from home for a couple of months. Upon my return, I have discovered what I can only call a ghost town. It is as though everyone just suddenly decided to get up and leave. Meals remain half eaten on tables, tools lie rusting in the fields, everyone is just gone. But there is no sign of any struggle, the townsfolk are sturdy miners and farmers, used to life out in the hinterlands. They would have put up a fight if trouble had come calling.

There is an eerie glow coming from the entrance to our mines, a mile or so outside of town. I have not dared investigate further, though should mention a tribe of outcasts live in the mines. They provide protection for the mine and our town in return for regular payment in food and ale. An arrangement that has served us all well for many years, we trust the tribe and call them friends.

Also my families home, a small mansion atop a hill just outside town...day and night terrible sounds emanate from there. I am at a loss as to what they could be, but I cannot bring myself to investigate alone.

I have pooled the last of my families wealth to arrange for mercenaries to investigate what has happened to my home. To hopefully find the missing townsfolk, to see if the mines can still be worked and determine what has happened to the tribe that resides within. And above all to determine what has happened to my family, my father and my younger sister.

Everything I have ever known has ended if not. So I beseech any who hear my call, please come and help. I have the requisite hiring licenses, and can offer pay of 3,000 grulls each. As I say this is the last of my families wealth, but worth it if the town can be restored, and my family and home be returned to me.

I will meet any who can aid me in the only tavern in town. Not this Starsday but next, to give time for all who can to travel there. And you can see for yourself what has befallen the town.

In hope!

Jeremiah Stonehaven
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bendy
post Nov 23 2016, 02:41 PM
Post #2

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,749

QUOTE(Netheril @ Nov 21 2016, 11:21 AM) *
*The following missive is posted around various hiring halls and taverns*

I am in desperate need of a group of mercenaries with some experience of dealing with unusual situations.

My name is Jeremiah, my father, Tobias Stonehaven, is mayor of the village of Stonehaven, our family home for many generations. Nestled in the foothills of the Brandins, our small mining town has remained untouched by any problems that would ever draw outside attention. We are simply not important enough, we have little of value and are simple folk.

But no longer it seems is that the case. For personal reasons, I have been away from home for a couple of months. Upon my return, I have discovered what I can only call a ghost town. It is as though everyone just suddenly decided to get up and leave. Meals remain half eaten on tables, tools lie rusting in the fields, everyone is just gone. But there is no sign of any struggle, the townsfolk are sturdy miners and farmers, used to life out in the hinterlands. They would have put up a fight if trouble had come calling.

There is an eerie glow coming from the entrance to our mines, a mile or so outside of town. I have not dared investigate further, though should mention a tribe of outcasts live in the mines. They provide protection for the mine and our town in return for regular payment in food and ale. An arrangement that has served us all well for many years, we trust the tribe and call them friends.

Also my families home, a small mansion atop a hill just outside town...day and night terrible sounds emanate from there. I am at a loss as to what they could be, but I cannot bring myself to investigate alone.

I have pooled the last of my families wealth to arrange for mercenaries to investigate what has happened to my home. To hopefully find the missing townsfolk, to see if the mines can still be worked and determine what has happened to the tribe that resides within. And above all to determine what has happened to my family, my father and my younger sister.

Everything I have ever known has ended if not. So I beseech any who hear my call, please come and help. I have the requisite hiring licenses, and can offer pay of 3,000 grulls each. As I say this is the last of my families wealth, but worth it if the town can be restored, and my family and home be returned to me.

I will meet any who can aid me in the only tavern in town. Not this Starsday but next, to give time for all who can to travel there. And you can see for yourself what has befallen the town.

In hope!

Jeremiah Stonehaven

I apologise as my time is short, I have looked and have seen but be aware that what I saw could be deceived or twisted so trust it as much as you wish.

Jeremiah's father and sister are ritually trapped within the family mansion. They were trapped within half a day of the villagers disappearing. They have enough rations to survive if nothing else should interfere with them between now and next starsday. They witnessed the disappearance of at least some of villagers. I do not know why they were trapped, perhaps because they saw these things, perhaps not. I do not believe they trapped themselves.

I can see no other members of the stonehaven family alive within the mansion.

The villagers no longer exist, this is strange, the reason for this is unknown to me. Perhaps I cannot understand the reasons why or perhaps more likely is that the cause is shielded from my view. I cannot tell.

I could not see a link between the missing villagers and the events in the mine. Again this could be hidden from my view.

I feel at present the majority of the tribe of outcasts still live

I hope that this helps young ones, perhaps if you have other questions I will be able to think upon them. I will do my best to come back to you with the answers.

I felt no harm would come from expressing these thoughts here, for an enemy with some purpose would already know that there would be those who would be pondering these events following Jeremiah's missive. I accept that I may well be wrong, such is the way of things.

I would ask just one thing, if you see a bedraggled young 1/2 troll whose purpose seems rather unclear, he means no harm and may be of assistance.

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Nov 30 2016, 10:15 AM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

((Just a bump for any who missed it, this is the brief for Saturday's 750.

Looks like a space opened up for players, and could REALLY do with 1 confirmed monster for the day. The 1 booked is afternoon only, so any help in the morning or even better for the day would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,

Sean))

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:34 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins