> Aid needed in rural Bildteve, No Max brief
sonof
post Jul 26 2019, 02:34 PM
Post #1

GSM

Group: Members
Member No.: 54

Greetings,

My name is Kevin Henderson and I am from the Bildteve Stadtus office.
We have recently detected a ritual beginning to build that seems to be drawing upon the power of Amanutus-Pep in the rural lands. Its exact location cannot currently be determined, though as it is growing it is becoming more obvious.

Based on reports of previous meetings we believe this is a serious threat to Bildteve, and the Empire.

If individuals could travel to Bildteve and meet at the Stadtus hiring offices tomorrow moring I will hopefully be able ot provide a more accurate location.

Kevin Henderson
Scribe

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 26 2019, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Deity

Member No.: 25

I would be interested in a written report on what is uncovered and am offering 3,000G for the first comprehensive report into what is found.

A. Halfblack
Craftenguilder of Bildteve

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
bendy
post Jul 26 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,749

QUOTE(BBB @ Jul 26 2019, 03:46 PM) *
I would be interested in a written report on what is uncovered and am offering 3,000G for the first comprehensive report into what is found.

A. Halfblack

In my role as a Special Inquisitor and having come across Peps minions outside Bildteve some month ago (where they were corrupting alters to their faith) I would add a further 2000g for an in-depth report as the Craftenguilder has asked for.

Marcus Deces

+Quote Post
giles
post Jul 27 2019, 10:27 AM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 68

Without wishing to duplicate or tread on toes - I would also appreciate a report (written or verbal) and a copy of any paperwork found, if it's not too much trouble. Happy to recompense for any efforts,

Morgan
Spiratus.

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Jul 27 2019, 07:55 PM
Post #5

Heldsman

Member No.: 2,516

*the following is sent directly to those above who requested a written report, and to all my companions this day, with a request that any errors or additions they please help correct*

Firstly, the names I give below are approximations, exact spellings may need to be confirmed.

We met many followers of Amanatus Pep. Most were humans that had dark tanned skin. They were all dark of heart, though believe themselves righteous. It would seem Amanatus Pep has a propensity for turning any he can to darkness, the lands he came to power in used to hold the typical mix of philosophical viewpoints but all became dark of heart under his influence.

They were driven from Primus by forces called the Laiu or something like that. This was the culmination of a war between them, brought about I believe because the forces of Amanatus Pep had the power and ability to be a significant threat to the throne of glass or its equivalent in that time. As such they were exiled from Primus by the victorious Laiu.

This happened over a thousand years ago. Perhaps at the end of the first age?

The disease seems to be a blessing, it’s primary purpose was not to strengthen, that is a side effect. But it allowed Amanatus Pep’s followers to survive in their exile from Primus, without sustenance and in a very hostile environment. It also seems to give Amanatus Pep the power to destroy anyone who accepts it if he so chooses.

The Laiu seem to be linked to the Sallow blood, to be the origin of this blood, that now runs through the nobles of the Empire. The forces of Amanatus Pep have scried and found that the Laiu are still “in charge” in this age, and thus are looking to attack, we believe this will be aimed at all nobles of the blood, as they are perhaps descendants of the Laiu.

The ritual we dealt with involved drawing upon a multitude of powers, and enslaving them to this ritual. Including powers of the lady of stars, those of my father the gold dragon, a powerful tribal totem and other such. The ritual has been entirely dealt with and it’s threat removed, thanks mainly to the actions of my companions this day.

The ritual had the potential to infect the populace within a very large area.

There was also a very strong element of Certizal being involved, both in the ritual and in those defending it and seeking to stop us dealing with it. I don’t know if they have allied with Amanatus Pep or just saw an opportunity, but they were very present.

Creatures we met were largely what you might expect, I am happy to go into detail if needed, but undead that needed diseases removed and the like. Quite a few enhanced soul lance powers were seen. Weapons that shifted through those struck and if not resistant to having parts of yourself transported away were exceedingly deadly. And weapons that inflicted a blast of every elemental colour. Indeed a variety of nasty blast effects on weapons were seen throughout the day.

If there is anything else I can be of assistance with, please just ask.

May Harmony guide your thoughts, and Purpose your actions,

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
bendy
post Jul 27 2019, 08:36 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,749

Thank you Sirac. Most grateful for your quick response after what sounds like a testing day.

Marcus

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Jul 28 2019, 06:51 AM
Post #7

Heldsman

*a further missive to the above*

My mother has warned me in my dreams that there is something inaccurate that may lead to misunderstandings in my report. I will try and discover more but for now please be aware.

Sirac

+Quote Post
giles
post Jul 28 2019, 07:56 AM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 68

Sirac

Thank you for this - one thing to note (and it may not be the innacuracy your mother has warned you about), but the Laiu are no longer 'in charge' - it is largely agreed that they were ascended beings of the First Age, it was they who exiled the warmongers of that age (not being violent as such themselves) - the exiled beings we were aware of were termed the Eth Aderact. The last of the Laiu departed at the end of this age, most had already gone. Their departure was such that those who had been exiled might return - the Eth Aderact attempted it acting through Myron and its magiarchs, now too Amanutus Pep is trying.
I was under the belief, perhaps mistaken, that for Pep to return he needed sufficient people to have this blessing of his - a bit like if enough people of Primus believe.
Our blooded nobilities ancestors were taught the ritual arts by the Laiu, they took their place as custodians of Primus.
I would be interested in a few more details of the ritual, also could you let me know who else was involved in the hire?

Many thanks,

Morgan,
Spiratus.

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Jul 28 2019, 01:59 PM
Post #9

Heldsman

So, an awful lot of my limited knowledge on this subject came from listening to Penny, who seems to be an expert when it comes to Amanatus Pep. She accompanied us yesterday, as did Saladin, Amorphus, Radah, Jericho and Shagrot.

This was the first time I have directly encountered this threat. So am hesitant to disagree with someone who obviously knows more than I of the history. But nonetheless the followers of Amunatus Pep were very certain that they had scried and ascertained that the taint of the Laiu remains, and it is this they seek to wage war upon.

I am no scholar of history, but asking those that are, they say that the Laiu did “something” to ensure the nobles had the power to rule Primus before they departed. The hypothesis I heard yesterday that seemed fairly solid was that this involved the creation of the Sallow Blood, as per my original missive. And it is this blood, a remnant of the Laiu, that has attracted the attention and hostility of the followers of Amanatus Pep.

As for whether the number of blessings accepted on Primus matters in allowing Amanatus to return, nothing I heard yesterday reinforced nor disagreed with that theory so it is certainly possible. But I can tell you that the entire focus of the ritual we dealt with was to gradually spread the blessing to everyone entering and leaving Bildteve. So given the emphasis and resources spent on spreading this contagion, it is doubtless something that needs to be stopped. For what little it is worth I would recommend making every effort to stop the spread and cleanse those already effected.

If we had made a mistake dealing with what was a quite complicated ritual and it’s guardian, the contagion would have spread across a wide area, and the area infected would have increased for every mistake made. Luckily my companions were very adept at doing what needed to be done.

Moving on to my mistaken information, it is that Amanatus was not directly responsible for turning his followers evil. It was the nature of their prolonged war with the Laiu that had this effect, and the deeds and slaughters performed. There are still non evil followers of this being, though most have been drawn away from the light as they have at best turned a blind eye to the acts performed by others amongst his followers.

You asked for more information on the ritual. As stated, it drew upon power of the lady of the stars, of the gold dragon, of a tribal totem, of dark evil spirits and of a druids enclave. All this power was essentially being stolen and corrupted. Our first goal was to reach the central ritual that was hidden from all scrying. When we got there we found there was a diseased shroud upon the ritual. Dealing with this allowed us to scry and find out about the powers that were being stolen.

We travelled to gothiel, then to Rodanne, then to the Broken Lands, and after that I am unsure but to a further two sites to deal with the evil spiritual power and the druids. At each site a ritual was found that needed to be reconsecrated, in a variety of different fashions. As best I could tell, these shrines had all been corrupted recently.

It is worth mentioning that the tribes of the Broken Lands seem especially susceptible to the temptation of this contagion. Given their often short term views on gaining power and not worrying overly about the future. I would strongly advise making contact with their moot and seeking their support in combating this temptation. I believe Shagrot will try to do so too, but the more voices that speak out, the more chance of being heard.

Once all these side rituals were dealt with we returned to the central ritual (near Bildteve). We had to place one of each elemental spell, in ascending power for each spell used, into the ritual. This summoned a powerful guardian, that had to be touched by a summoned elemental and then beaten solely with that elementals power for a while. This had to be done for each of the six elemental colours and then a dispelling of the 10th rank for the twilight aspect so the guardian would be susceptible to that final colour. And these attacks on the guardian had to all be achieved and completed within the span of two minutes, or it would have counted as a fail, resulting in the contagion being spread. I believe it was a mile radius for each failure, it may have been more.

Once this was done other things were necessary to finish off the guardian, but as these were not timed and involved the casting of various miracles and the like I paid less attention, until it was time to beat the guardian to death.

I hope that is sufficient information now.

Whilst I would have obviously shared this information without recompense, should you still wish to offer such, my scribings of late have exhausted much of my funds. So please leave any such for me at the gold tower in Halgar.

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 28 2019, 07:04 PM
Post #10

Deity

Member No.: 25

Master Drakeson,

I will leave the promised funds but I may not be in at the Towers for a few weeks.

The followers of Amantus Pep are, from a certain point of view, correct when they interpret that the Laiu are "still in charge".

Much of the Order the Laiu imposed on the World remains and it was they who destroyed the most powerful and destructive rites effectively entirely obliterating them from Primus.

They banished the Eth'Aderacht for their incessant world destroying wars and those that aided them in doing so were blessed with the power and the gift of Sallow Blood.

It is this gift that runs in the veins of the Blood Nobles and grants them their skills in Glass and Ritualism and are thus, metaphorically and to an extent ritually, considered the "Heirs of the Laiu"

An was very much given to aid them in continuing to impose the Laiu's order upon our world and protect it from dangerous ritual warfare

Thus the world still very much exists in the image of the Laiu, no matter how many might wish to disagree.

A. Halfblack

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 03:27 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins