IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things that need to be addressed, All Young Players please read and take note.
Craigus17
post Mar 1 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,132

Evening all.

Can I please start by saying that I don't mean to sound like I'm having a go, but there are a few issues that I feel need to be raised.

People being rude to the referees:

I don't even need to explain this one. Being rude to your referee is never appropriate or acceptable behaviour. Now I know that 90% of you are great for this, but unfortunately there are a few of you that are letting the side down. A lot of time and effort goes into refereeing a dungeon and being rude to your referee is frankly disrespectful. This is something that needs to end immediately. On Sunday there were several instances where players were rude to both Dale and myself, and one occasion in particular stands out in my mind as being borderline abusive. Remember, we had both sacrificed our free time that we could have spent playing our own characters so that you guys could play and enjoy yourselves. I'm not going to point fingers but you know who you are. More importantly, we know who you are and in future will be taking a zero tolerance policy on rudeness.

Monstering:

It is an ongoing trend at the moment for young players to all try and monster 1st section and play 2nd section. I cannot for the life of me work out why this is but it is seriously detrimental to the entire day. People need to start showing some common sense and spread out - 1 player vs. 5 monsters in the morning and 5 players vs. 1 monster in the afternoon is hardly an ideal situation for anyone. You will enjoy playing the dungeons more and we will enjoy refereeing them more if there were a more even spread of monsters and players. The idea of the best items and best fights being in the 2nd section is a complete myth. The entire refereeing team are aware that the players who play section one and the players who play section two are not always the same people so we will always spread out the items fairly evenly.

Punctuality and preparation:

Whenever you know you have a section coming up can you please make sure you are in costume, kitted up and that your battleboard is complete. Please note kitted up means that you have your equipment on your person, not on the desks in the entrance, not in your bag in the cubby holes (yes both have happened) but actually physically on your person. Before you go into the areas (anything past the recylcing bins and curtain) make sure you have your weapons, light sources, potion bottles etc. Please also make sure that your battleboard is legible - please use a decent pen and write in block capitals. If we can't read it we will make you rewrite it which will delay the dungeon or more likely mean that it starts without you.

Footwear:

If possible everyone who hasn't already got a pair needs to get a sturdy pair of boots. I am seeing a lot of young players playing in trainers, which firstly don't look as good as part of your costume, and secondly is a health and safety risk. The caves area is 99% uneven flooring and footwear is a big factor in the risk of injury. I am dreading the day that I am refereeing and one you twists their ankle (or God forbid even breaks one). Seriously guys, please wear boots.

Toilets:

It is not possible for us to let you wander back to the desk area halfway through a dungeon so please make sure you use the toilet before each section.

That's everything I need to say at the moment. I may add more points in the future and other referees may have their own points to add. Can I please just repeat that I am not having a go, but little things like this make our jobs a lot easier, and when our job gets easier your dungeon gets better.

Craig

--------------------
Craig H

it's better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.

Also Known as:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Isildra
post Mar 22 2011, 06:04 PM
Post #2

Peon

Member No.: 1,809

Quick question because i can't think of anywhere else to put this at the moment (sorry!) but i'm 15 and looking to start larping with you, on the wesbsite it says 11-15 for younger players and 15+ for older players, does this mean i can only play adult adventures, younger player adventures or both? thanks for reading my most likely stupid question smile.gif

--------------------
Jess

Silhouettes of people with huge maces are scary. Especially if you just fell.

i can run faster than crael now!

+Quote Post
Craigus17
post Mar 22 2011, 06:18 PM
Post #3

Hero

Hi buddy, wlcome to labyrinthe.

I'm not 100% sure if you will be asked to start in young players or put straight into adults. if you give the lovely Jo an e-mail at bookings@labyrinthe.co.uk she'll answer anything you need.

I hope you enjoy your first dungeon and we gain a new regular player - please note we're not always as serious at this thread might suggest, it's all about the fun usually!!

Craig

--------------------
Craig H

Also Known as:

+Quote Post
Zaptor
post Mar 22 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #4

William

Member No.: 313

QUOTE(Isildra @ Mar 22 2011, 06:04 PM) *
Quick question because i can't think of anywhere else to put this at the moment (sorry!) but i'm 15 and looking to start larping with you, on the wesbsite it says 11-15 for younger players and 15+ for older players, does this mean i can only play adult adventures, younger player adventures or both? thanks for reading my most likely stupid question smile.gif

at 15 there is a grey area in Labyrinthe where you can play in young players, monster in young players or monster in adult players but I strongly suggest training in young players for as long as possible before joining the adults.

--------------------
William Robins
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may look young and (mostly) innocent,
but I can be just as calculating, cold, cruel, callous, cynical, deceitful, dishonest, impatient, impolite, impulsive, inconsiderate, indiscreet, intolerant, miserly, narcissistic, narrow minded, patronising, pessimistic, psychotic, resentful, sarcastic, secretive, sneaky, stubborn, tactless, unpredictable, unsympathetic, and untrustworthy as you.

+Quote Post
Isildra
post Mar 22 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #5

Peon

Member No.: 1,809

hehe thanks everyone smile.gif i'll talk to my dad about it

--------------------
Jess

Silhouettes of people with huge maces are scary. Especially if you just fell.

i can run faster than crael now!

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Mar 22 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #6

Hero

Member No.: 242

In contrast to Will, Id recommend starting in adults. You're nearly at the point where you'd be moving up to adults and the difference in the dungeons is really apparent. That said, ask the booking line first (the email adress Craig posted), they'll be more helpful.

Hope thats helpful anyway,

Peter Long

+Quote Post
darkwolf1060
post Mar 22 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #7

Hunter

Member No.: 710

I'd say the same as pete. There is quite a big differnce between Young players and Adults altohugh the gap is beggining to close. But in the end it's up to you. Bookings line should help you with it.

Stuart.

--------------------
.Stuart.

PLEASE! DO WE HAVE ANY GIANT MOUSETRAPS OR ANYTHING?!

+Quote Post
Craigus17
post Mar 23 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #8

Hero

QUOTE(darkwolf1060 @ Mar 22 2011, 08:50 PM) *
There is quite a big differnce between Young players and Adults

This isn't true. The only differences between Young Players and Adults is the average age, and in Adults players are allowed to kill each other but in Young Players you're not allowed to 'party kill'. As someone who plays adults and refs young players, trust me this is true.

--------------------
Craig H

Also Known as:

+Quote Post
Zaptor
post Mar 23 2011, 09:30 PM
Post #9

William

Member No.: 313

however if you decide to play one & monster on in young players then you can get valuable experience in both areas before going into adults, including finding out what kind of character you would like to play and seeing how other people get things done.

--------------------
William Robins
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may look young and (mostly) innocent,
but I can be just as calculating, cold, cruel, callous, cynical, deceitful, dishonest, impatient, impolite, impulsive, inconsiderate, indiscreet, intolerant, miserly, narcissistic, narrow minded, patronising, pessimistic, psychotic, resentful, sarcastic, secretive, sneaky, stubborn, tactless, unpredictable, unsympathetic, and untrustworthy as you.

+Quote Post
Craigus17
post Mar 23 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #10

Hero

anyway, shush now since you're flooding the board and it probably isn't his choice which one he does anyway.

If you havent already please email Jo on the address I gave you and she'll advise what is best.

Craig

--------------------
Craig H

Also Known as:

+Quote Post
JossDixon
post Mar 25 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #11

Spartan

Member No.: 144

Erm just one thing that is quite important for that subject, I believe the current procedure is that when you are 15 you are allowed to play any adult dungeon up to the 250 threshold, anything above that and you are not allowed to play YP's any more. Although I suppose that won't be happening for a while smile.gif. Also I'd agree with Will (Shock horror) about gaining some experience, maybe do some YP's a few times just to get to grips with the system and then move into adults.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Craigus17
post Mar 25 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #12

Hero

Since I dont want to repeat myself I'll quote myself instead.

QUOTE(Craigus17 @ Mar 23 2011, 09:50 PM) *
anyway, shush now since you're flooding the board and it probably isn't his choice which one he does anyway.

If you havent already please email Jo on the address I gave you and she'll advise what is best.

Craig

--------------------
Craig H

Also Known as:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 09:14 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins