Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChrisB
post Jan 12 2020, 11:42 AM
Post #22

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,410

I will accept the nominations and stand as a candidate for this years Lord Knight Election

--------------------
Tristan - Imrazil's Vessel - Sword of Imrazil.
Slinky - Grizzled Black Orc - Axe Wielder.
Vambrael - Angel - Warrior Priest of Michael.

+Quote Post
StuartEaston
post Jan 15 2020, 11:52 AM
Post #23

Mercenary

Member No.: 105

Thank you to Da and Louis for the nomination this year, it is always very welcome to be recommended for the role of Lord Knight. I have been carefully considering whether to stand this year. It has not been too long since I was Lord Knight and there are several excellent new nominations for Lord Knight who have not yet had the privilege as well as perhaps one of the most steadfast and well respected knights in Gimly. Whilst I would not shirk the position if I believed I would be one of the best choices the other candidates would all offer something different and are worthy of the role, therefore I will not stand this year.

Tai

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jan 15 2020, 01:46 PM
Post #24

Legend

Member No.: 446

QUOTE(StuartEaston @ Jan 15 2020, 11:52 AM) *
Thank you to Da and Louis for the nomination this year, it is always very welcome to be recommended for the role of Lord Knight. I have been carefully considering whether to stand this year. It has not been too long since I was Lord Knight and there are several excellent new nominations for Lord Knight who have not yet had the privilege as well as perhaps one of the most steadfast and well respected knights in Gimly. Whilst I would not shirk the position if I believed I would be one of the best choices the other candidates would all offer something different and are worthy of the role, therefore I will not stand this year.

Tai

Spoken like a true Knight. If only other Knights could be as stalwart, honourable and... well, let’s face it, good looking as Tai

Thalion

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jan 16 2020, 02:29 PM
Post #25

Hero

Member No.: 48

He tricked me into joining and then immediately stood down, he's done his job.

Outwitted by Tai. The shame.

Ignatius

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jan 16 2020, 09:00 PM
Post #26

Legend

QUOTE(OxMatt @ Jan 16 2020, 02:29 PM) *
He tricked me into joining and then immediately stood down, he's done his job.

Outwitted by Tai. The shame.

Ignatius

No shame in being beaten by your betters, Ignatius. And Tai is your better...

Thalion

+Quote Post
JonMace
post Jan 16 2020, 10:00 PM
Post #27

Heldsman

Member No.: 90

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Jan 16 2020, 09:00 PM) *
No shame in being beaten by your betters, Ignatius. And Tai is your better...

Thalion

Then should he not be Lord Knight?

Sorry I am new to these things

Fred the Farmer

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jan 17 2020, 01:43 PM
Post #28

Legend

QUOTE(JonMace @ Jan 16 2020, 10:00 PM) *
Then should he not be Lord Knight?

Sorry I am new to these things

Fred the Farmer

Fred

I note you are bidding on an artefact that grants a wardpact vs the undead. How are you planning to uphold your vow to stand shoulder to shoulder with your fellow Knight and defend the land if you are pacted?

I get you could be out with mercenaries other than Knights but even then, it is hardly heroic to stand aside and let them deal with these evil beasts.

You may say it will only be used to allow passage or in exception circumstances but these will be so far and few between, I imagine the tens of thousands of grulls could be put to better use helping the needy

Just something to think about

As for Thai as Lord Knight, he would be my choice but he is best placed to decide if he wants this huge responsibility. Knights are in disarray and the road to recovery is going to be thankless and difficult.

Thalion
Psi-drowe

+Quote Post
JonMace
post Jan 17 2020, 08:37 PM
Post #29

Heldsman

Member No.: 90

QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Jan 17 2020, 01:43 PM) *
Fred

I note you are bidding on an artefact that grants a wardpact vs the undead. How are you planning to uphold your vow to stand shoulder to shoulder with your fellow Knight and defend the land if you are pacted?

I get you could be out with mercenaries other than Knights but even then, it is hardly heroic to stand aside and let them deal with these evil beasts.

You may say it will only be used to allow passage or in exception circumstances but these will be so far and few between, I imagine the tens of thousands of grulls could be put to better use helping the needy

Just something to think about

As for Thai as Lord Knight, he would be my choice but he is best placed to decide if he wants this huge responsibility. Knights are in disarray and the road to recovery is going to be thankless and difficult.

Thalion
Psi-drowe

I had to think about that for a while, and the simple answer is I would always fight side by side with my fellow knights as I have done in the past, it is easy for me to do that as I neither follow the path of light nor darkness.

The question comes when you have a Champion of light and a Champion of Darkness working together for the sake of the land, and they meet a bunch of goodly fanatics that want to kill the Champion of Darkness what does the Champion of Light do?

As I say I am knew to all this Protecting stuff, before I turned on the wheel and the I took back control I was on the other side.

Fred

+Quote Post
StuartEaston
post Jan 17 2020, 09:32 PM
Post #30

Mercenary

Member No.: 105

QUOTE(JonMace @ Jan 17 2020, 08:37 PM) *
I had to think about that for a while, and the simple answer is I would always fight side by side with my fellow knights as I have done in the past, it is easy for me to do that as I neither follow the path of light nor darkness.

The question comes when you have a Champion of light and a Champion of Darkness working together for the sake of the land, and they meet a bunch of goodly fanatics that want to kill the Champion of Darkness what does the Champion of Light do?

As I say I am knew to all this Protecting stuff, before I turned on the wheel and the I took back control I was on the other side.

Fred

This is a difficult and controversial subject, but this is the wrong place to be discussing such matters. I didn't mean for my withdrawal from the vote to be such a hot topic but I'm sure if you wanted to continue the discussion in a different area it would be welcome.

Tai.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2020 - 08:28 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins