IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Inquisitorial Threat Notice: Druidic City Spirits, (Final Dawn Plot)
ethuil
post Aug 29 2017, 11:11 AM
Post #1

Plot Dump NPC

Group: Members
Member No.: 495

Inquisitorial Threat Notice D2366J: Awakening Entities, New Ickybiggle, & Threat to City Spirits of Primus

A major threat has been uncovered to the city spirits of Primus, the consequences of which would have potentially devastating effects across all of the plane.

In short, seven beings were born on seven ley points. These beings are powerful place spirits of a primarily druidical nature - born to become city spirits that would usurp those who presently hold the position. This 'transfer' if it occurs will involve the present city spirits dying and being usurped by these new beings. Should this happen in Halgar, the proximity to the Throne will cause the nature of Primus to radically change. Natural power will be ascendant over all other forms of power and it will seek to push out anything it deems 'opposed' - e.g. non-Primal beings or forces.

This is a threat not only to the Empire but to the Baronies and Ishma as well; birthplaces for these beings were found in all three regions.

A number of persons and organisations have been linked to this threat including the Duke of Amber, House Sancree, and the Cult of Welcoming Brimstone. Mercenaries are advised not to aid these groups and to bring any information about them to the authorities. We would note from a legal standpoint that members of House Sancree do not hold a Pact with the Throne of Glass and that the Cult of Welcoming Brimstone have been censured.

One of the awakened beings has already taken its place as a city spirit - in the ruins of Ickybiggle. Whilst the spirit's birth caused them to draw an excess of power from the leys, this is believed to have been involuntary - and they are now seeking to rectify the devastation this caused. At present, the Inquisition considers this being, Oakenheart, and its growing city of New Ickybiggle to not be a threat to Primus. There was no city spirit of the ruined Ickybiggle before, and there is evidence that New Ickybiggle could be a positive presence in the Empire as a natural home for tribal peoples.

As always, those with information related to this threat are encouraged to come forward and we would advise you to keep watch for events related to this threat.

Magiarch Winterhaven
Deputy Lord Inquisitor

--------------------
- Rebecca
PS: My inbox is full on purpose. Please email stantz[at]gmail[dot]com if you need to get hold of me.
PPS: I just published my debut novel (:O) - check it out here if you like historical fantasy! - https://goo.gl/9YFgyL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Leo
post Sep 4 2017, 05:27 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 44

I'm not a druid or anything, but can someone explain to me how Primus shunting out all the weird sh*t isn't a good thing?

Weasel

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Sep 4 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #3

Plot Dump NPC

Certainly.

Whilst Primus is not by any means perfectly balanced in terms of its supernatural powers, many of the cities and provinces of both the Empire and beyond have, at least, a manageable balance. The death of city spirits wildly disrupts the associated region. Whilst Primus has endured the death and rebirth of many city spirits, for all of them to die is unprecedented. This would create gulfs in power that would be replaced by something very different. That upsets what balance is there at present, and when the balance of power is shaken to that degree, it never tends to go well for the land around. If this is vague, it is because I simply do not know what would happen - and that is not a good thing.

Additionally, there would potentially be harm caused to people who are of otherworldy blood - those viewed by some natural powers as 'alien' to Primus. Angels, demons, anyone whose point of origin is extraplanar to Primus would potentially be a target of the powers that would become extant. This could be especially bad in locations that contain a large number of people of that nature, such as Alguz, Gothiel and Gileenim.

From the point of view of the Druidic community, this change in the balance of Primus could have drastic effects on the nature of our power and how we draw it. It could even modify the way that the leys work, as all of the affected cities are near to major ley points. Besides that, the nature of Druidic power has, frankly, changed enough in the past decades - Primus is sometimes fickle in how it allows power to be drawn through it. We would rather not see all that we are fundamentally change yet again. It would also make the Druidic community a target for hostility on the parts of those powers weakened by the change in the nature of Primus, and from a mercenary point of view it would mean you were much more likely to be fighting Druids constantly.

As I say these are but a few potential consequences; I am certain others can list many more.

Magiarch Winterhaven

--------------------
- Rebecca
PS: My inbox is full on purpose. Please email stantz[at]gmail[dot]com if you need to get hold of me.
PPS: I just published my debut novel (:O) - check it out here if you like historical fantasy! - https://goo.gl/9YFgyL

+Quote Post
Leo
post Sep 4 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 44

How angry should this make me?
I don't really care if this all happening naturally, but if a load of bumpkin druids doing it deliberately to mess with the cities then I'm going to put my angry shoes on.

Weasel

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Sep 4 2017, 06:51 PM
Post #5

Plot Dump NPC

We are uncertain precisely why this is being orchestrated, and we are keen to find out why. I can assure you, however, that it is definitely not 'happening naturally'. As to how angry you should be, that's entirely up to you.

Magiarch Winterhaven

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 03:34 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins