IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Themeday OOC stuff - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Themeday OOC stuff, Start times, non-standards etc
Sizel
post May 26 2011, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

So, looking generally good on the themeday front.
There are referees, and players and even a few monsters: A few more would be great (of course).

I'd love to make a prompt start on the day, even to the extent of holding off the "couning allies" type bit until we're a bit in to the day so that those who are ready can get on with hitting things and talking about their background...
I'd ask everyone to make an effort to get to the site (J6) for 10:00, with the intent of aiming for a 10:30 start.
That way people get a good long day for their money and can get home a bit earlier as it's a school night!

If you're monstering the core of the day is all written and available for reading: Drop me a PM and I'll happily pass it on so you can have an advance read up of stuff and a chance to ask questions / read stats / note which spells to learn the verbals of, possibly call dibs on interesting role-play parts etc.

IC brief hopefully to follow this evening.

Non-standards for everyone's entertainment:

Life-force damage: Is a bit weird and doesn’t make a massive amount of sense, but lets people play 500 points past characters alongside 5000 points past ones without too much stress.

Lower than 750 points: 9 pt double (all base damage)
Lower than 1500 points: 15 pt triple (generically 1 weapon mastery)
Lower than 3000 points: 21 pt quad (generically 1 mastery 1 STR)
Lower than 5250 points: 27 pt quin (generically 2 mastery 1 STR)
5250 or higher: 33 pt six (generically 2 mastery 2 STR)

If a damage grade is called, add 6 points for each grade beyond single
Thus a Life force Triple inflicts an extra 12 points of damage, a 2000 character suffers a base of 33 points, less AC and damage reductions as normal. It’s just a damage grade, everything like counter mastery, contra mastery or distancing which would apply to the type of weapon the monsters are using will work…

------
The powers below are all “weak mantics”, they work on someone who is magic only or spirit only, they don’t work on people who are Chi-Perfect or otherwise immune to both magic and spirits.
Hopefully there’s not too many to remember and the consequences for their effects is reasonably self-explanatory

Fade from Sight: as Neuronic Invisibility (i.e. 1 target, for 30 seconds).

Secundal Vanish: As Vanish, but works on anything inanimate, lasts 30 seconds.

Chill: Causes the victim to become so cold they can do nothing except stand still and shiver for 10 seconds. Effect ends if victim suffers any harm. Is a Cold based stopping effect, is not a Flesh and Blood effect. Immunity to halt grants complete immunity.

Invoke Greed: Emotion Effect. User is overcome with the desire for wealth & riches. For the 30 second duration will forsake anything other than obtaining money, but can fight in purest self defence. Anyone who has a wealth restriction may choose to be immune to this.

Hunger: Victim becomes too weak to run/cast/fight until they eat some food. Is a Flesh & Blood effect but does work on elves.
Bow Shot: Inflicts a physical “life-force” blow to the called location. AC and defences which would normally apply against arrows work just fine!

Doubt: Not level based, Emotion Effect, victim can not use Determination or War-Cries. 30 secs

Tears: Victim’s eyes fill with tears. Can not use any skill based attacks (per bedazzle) until they spend 10 seconds drying their eyes. Is an Emotion attack.

Maze: A vanish animate effect which lasts 2 mins. Lasts only 30 seconds upon anyone with Tell Direction.

Far Away: User counts as being 10' further away from the caster of a single ranged effect than they actually are.

Turn the Winds: Reflects a ranged spell or miracle at a different, possible, target

Sandstorm: 10 second blindness vs all in a NCF area.

Pause for thought: Lasts 30 seconds. Must stand still and think about the current situation. Can only fight in purest self defence. Is a domination effect. If victim has a Lucky Idea can use it to “war-cry” this effect…

Torture: Is as per Words of Pain, except the caster does not have to speak. Lasts for as long as the caster is in physical contact with the victim and for 30 seconds thereafter. Is F&B.

_
Pete
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post May 26 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 446

I get the life force damage increasing by threshold but it took a while to work out why a life force triple would do 33 points to a 2k character...

Lower than 3k = 21 points
Triple = 3-1*6 = 12 points

A little complex!

As you say it is a normal blow and everything applies, please confirm if 1) it hurts undead (as it is "lifeforce") and 2) which powerbases it is

Does invoke greed stop if you get some money (or do you just want more)?

Thanks

David

QUOTE(Sizel @ May 26 2011, 01:03 PM) *
So, looking generally good on the themeday front.
There are referees, and players and even a few monsters: A few more would be great (of course).
I'd love to make a prompt start on the day, even to the extent of holding off the "couning allies" type bit until we're a bit in to the day so that those who are ready can get on with hitting things and talking about their background...
I'd ask everyone to make an effort to get to the site (J6) for 10:00, with the intent of aiming for a 10:30 start.
That way people get a good long day for their money and can get home a bit earlier as it's a school night!
If you're monstering the core of the day is all written and available for reading: Drop me a PM and I'll happily pass it on so you can have an advance read up of stuff and a chance to ask questions / read stats / note which spells to learn the verbals of, possibly call dibs on interesting role-play parts etc.
IC brief hopefully to follow this evening.
Non-standards for everyone's entertainment:
Life-force damage: Is a bit weird and doesn’t make a massive amount of sense, but lets people play 500 points past characters alongside 5000 points past ones without too much stress.

Lower than 750 points: 9 pt double (all base damage)
Lower than 1500 points: 15 pt triple (generically 1 weapon mastery)
Lower than 3000 points: 21 pt quad (generically 1 mastery 1 STR)
Lower than 5250 points: 27 pt quin (generically 2 mastery 1 STR)
5250 or higher: 33 pt six (generically 2 mastery 2 STR)

If a damage grade is called, add 6 points for each grade beyond single
Thus a Life force Triple inflicts an extra 12 points of damage, a 2000 character suffers a base of 33 points, less AC and damage reductions as normal. It’s just a damage grade, everything like counter mastery, contra mastery or distancing which would apply to the type of weapon the monsters are using will work…
------
The powers below are all “weak mantics”, they work on someone who is magic only or spirit only, they don’t work on people who are Chi-Perfect or otherwise immune to both magic and spirits.
Hopefully there’s not too many to remember and the consequences for their effects is reasonably self-explanatory
Fade from Sight: as Neuronic Invisibility (i.e. 1 target, for 30 seconds).

Secundal Vanish: As Vanish, but works on anything inanimate, lasts 30 seconds.

Chill: Causes the victim to become so cold they can do nothing except stand still and shiver for 10 seconds. Effect ends if victim suffers any harm. Is a Cold based stopping effect, is not a Flesh and Blood effect. Immunity to halt grants complete immunity.

Invoke Greed: Emotion Effect. User is overcome with the desire for wealth & riches. For the 30 second duration will forsake anything other than obtaining money, but can fight in purest self defence. Anyone who has a wealth restriction may choose to be immune to this.

Hunger: Victim becomes too weak to run/cast/fight until they eat some food. Is a Flesh & Blood effect but does work on elves.
Bow Shot: Inflicts a physical “life-force” blow to the called location. AC and defences which would normally apply against arrows work just fine!

Doubt: Not level based, Emotion Effect, victim can not use Determination or War-Cries. 30 secs

Tears: Victim’s eyes fill with tears. Can not use any skill based attacks (per bedazzle) until they spend 10 seconds drying their eyes. Is an Emotion attack.

Maze: A vanish animate effect which lasts 2 mins. Lasts only 30 seconds upon anyone with Tell Direction.

Far Away: User counts as being 10' further away from the caster of a single ranged effect than they actually are.

Turn the Winds: Reflects a ranged spell or miracle at a different, possible, target

Sandstorm: 10 second blindness vs all in a NCF area.

Pause for thought: Lasts 30 seconds. Must stand still and think about the current situation. Can only fight in purest self defence. Is a domination effect. If victim has a Lucky Idea can use it to “war-cry” this effect…

Torture: Is as per Words of Pain, except the caster does not have to speak. Lasts for as long as the caster is in physical contact with the victim and for 30 seconds thereafter. Is F&B.

_
Pete

+Quote Post
Bruno
post May 26 2011, 12:42 PM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 41

David, you've overcomplicated lifeforce really... for any individual, lifeforce does X and only X, lifeforce double is X+6, lifeforce triple is X+12, etc. So no-one needs to remember much, just go ok, I'm a 6k scout, so lifeforce = 6, LF double = 7, LF triple = 8... not that complex for the individual. I don't necessarily like it (at all!) but it should be easy for people to cope with understanding.

It's not a powerbase or a non-standard effect, it's a damage grade. Damage grades *can* be of different powerbases or they might not be. Of course it affects undead, it's an attempt at system-balance for a multi-level day, not a non-standard effect.

That's what I read from the post. I await Pete coming telling me how wrong I am about everything ohmy.gif

Pete, do (any of) the weak mantics which are cast on people, have mana level equivalents, magical colours?/etc.

--------------------
--
Bruno

+Quote Post
giles
post May 26 2011, 01:00 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 68

Hi Pete

Does Rockskin apply to Life Force ?

cheers

Giles.

+Quote Post
Bruno
post May 26 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 41

you're still causing trouble, Giles. Lifeforce is a Triple/Six/Nineteen or whatever grade it happens to be, the only reason Rockskin wouldn't apply is if it was a pure spirit lifeforce nineteen, or etc!

Pete, back me up here ;p

--------------------
--
Bruno

+Quote Post
giles
post May 26 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 68

'Is a bit weird and doesn’t make a massive amount of sense'

I was just checking. Not causinng trouble.
Being helpful.

Besides I enjoy reading Pete's colourful prose. Was hoping to avoid your hideous abuses of the language, doubtless brought on by a mixture of over excitement at playing the themeday & too much orange squash by asking Pete to communicate his intent. Alas, like many of my dreams,it was not to be.

Yeah,you're probably right. But might not be (it's like what'sleft in Pandora's box).

Giles.

+Quote Post
Sizel
post May 26 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

As you say it is a normal blow and everything applies, please confirm if 1) it hurts undead (as it is "lifeforce") and 2) which powerbases it is

Yep it hurts undead (10 points to Slythern for asking though)

It's normally physical, sometimes it'll be other things - but then it'll be called.
It's just some generic damage for wave monsters that might sometimes be in the hands of a priest (and thus get to be spirtual) or a "champion" (and thus +1 grade) and so on.
Don't overcomplicate it...

Does invoke greed stop if you get some money (or do you just want more)?

Yeah, it'll stop if you feel you've got "a worthwhile" amount of money.
Judged by the effected character.

It's not a powerbase or a non-standard effect, it's a damage grade. Damage grades *can* be of different powerbases or they might not be. Of course it affects undead, it's an attempt at system-balance for a multi-level day, not a non-standard effect.

Just so, 10 points to Ravenclaw

Does Rockskin apply to Life Force ?

Yes. Unless there's a particular reason for it not to (such as the specific instance of it being Pure Magic, or whatnot).

Besides I enjoy reading Pete's colourful prose.

A further 10 points to Slytherin...

_
Pete

+Quote Post
post May 26 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #8

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(Sizel @ May 26 2011, 01:03 PM) *

Pete

So, let me get this right. I'm a 3,100pt pure priest (or mystic, or high wizard or insert J-random other low life class). I'm taking a minimum of quin from every single wave monster, even if I chicken out and go help the lows.

Basically, it looks like made the critical error of booking onto the themeday as a high-ish level character who's not in the warrior bracket.

Lucy

+Quote Post
Sizel
post May 26 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

QUOTE(LucyH @ May 26 2011, 05:10 PM) *
So, let me get this right. I'm a 3,100pt pure priest (or mystic, or high wizard or insert J-random other low life class). I'm taking a minimum of quin from every single wave monster, even if I chicken out and go help the lows.

Basically, it looks like made the critical error of booking onto the themeday as a high-ish level character who's not in the warrior bracket.

Lucy

Pretty much
I could be wrong, but to my mind it's not that different to you being someone who is being hit by monsters statted for a character of your points. Okay so the thresholds are somewhat arbitery, but that's always going to be the case: Someone will be the small fish in the big pond however things are split. If you go down a section to look for an easy ride then yeah, you sort of loose out.
But if a high section monster "acidently" ambles into the low level party they don't just all die to the thing doing six...
It's swings and roundabouts, there's not an ideal situation. At least not that I've been able to come up with.

If you're playing a low life character the odds are that the difference between a 33 point quin and a 27 point quad are not all that exciting. Could be the difference between life and death if you're in AC 0 and have 15 or less per loc (which is quite possible I'll admit). But it's a relitively fine line.

It's a feature/flaw of a system where some characters have less TBLP than others do Loc life.

_
Pete

+Quote Post
Jan
post May 26 2011, 05:59 PM
Post #10

Bridgewarden

Member No.: 238

I might be missing the point but as an 800pt character, two life force singles kills me right? Not worried if its supposed to reflect setting of quads on the low level section, just wanted to get some perspective smile.gif

and both David and Giles are troublemakers, but in different ways.
biggrin.gif

Also

If i have Tell Direction (which I do!) can i choose to stay in the Maze for the full 2 mins?

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
DanM
post May 26 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #11

Post Police

Member No.: 38

I'm hoping it plays out all right. I hate life force damage, and hope its only used to balance stuff where multiple level groups are present.

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Sizel
post May 26 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #12

Mercenary

I might be missing the point but as an 800pt character, two life force singles kills me right?

If you're playing the sort of character who dies to two 15 pt triples then yep, 2 blows kill you.

If i have Tell Direction (which I do!) can i choose to stay in the Maze for the full 2 mins?

Yep, if you want to.
_
Pete

+Quote Post
Jan
post May 26 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #13

Bridgewarden

QUOTE(Sizel @ May 26 2011, 07:32 PM) *
If you're playing the sort of character who dies to two 15 pt triples then yep, 2 blows kill you.

_
Pete

my bad, i didnt see the line 'beyond single'. So basically the bonus to life force damage is the number listed minus 6 added to the damage called...

so the table could read...

Lower than 750 points: +3pts
Lower than 1500 points: +9pts
Lower than 3000 points: +15pts
Lower than 5250 points: +21pts
5250 or higher: +27pts

not being awkward, just want to make sure i dont accidentally cheat or kill myself when i shouldnt smile.gif

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
cripple
post May 26 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #14

Hero

Member No.: 686

are Invoke Greed and Hungar domination fx's?

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
Rob
post May 26 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #15

Legend

Member No.: 115

I genuinely and honestly believe that I would prefer to be beaten to death as a 500 point character on a no max theme day by a wave monster doing six than a wave monster doing any sort of life force nonsense!

But I am old school I suppose...

--------------------

+Quote Post
post May 26 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #16

Group:

I like the life force thing - its a good compromise giving the circumstances

Assuming the wave monsters are just doing "life force" with attack leader probably doing "life force double" its really good way to get people involved.

MCC

+Quote Post
Rob
post May 26 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #17

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(MarkCox @ May 26 2011, 08:50 PM) *
I like the life force thing - its a good compromise giving the circumstances

Assuming the wave monsters are just doing "life force" with attack leader probably doing "life force double" its really good way to get people involved.
MCC

20+ years of theme days disagree.

a) It makes no sense
cool.gif If Gimley is taking more damage than a L3 spong warrior in plate it is silly.

In my opinion smile.gif

Rob

--------------------

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post May 26 2011, 10:08 PM
Post #18

Hero

Member No.: 48

"If Gimley is taking more damage than a L3 spong warrior in plate it is silly."

Actually Rob, that's the major argument in its favour, as that would be hilarious. smile.gif

Matt

+Quote Post
Jan
post May 26 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #19

Bridgewarden

QUOTE(Rob @ May 26 2011, 11:05 PM) *
20+ years of theme days disagree.

a) It makes no sense
cool.gif If Gimley is taking more damage than a L3 spong warrior in plate it is silly.

In my opinion smile.gif

Rob

Tbh if a level 3 warrior is supposed to be in the same fight as Gimley then THAT is silly smile.gif

--------------------
Jan McManus

+Quote Post
post May 26 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #20

Group:

Looking at that i would thik both were prolly taking 3pts a blow, however one of them has 4 times the life
As it is its a max7500 with people playing a wide range of points - i would think the majority are 2-4k

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:54 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins