IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Obituary for Rufus Kol'trane - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Obituary for Rufus Kol'trane
Carlo
post Jan 30 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

Greeting Mercenaries, priests of the faith of dead heroes, Knights of the Land and any of the many of those who considered Rufus a friend,

I regret to inform you all of Rufus' passing in his current form.

Now where to start... Rufus, was an incredible trouble maker. He didn't care much for the law, he pretty much did what he wanted, when he wanted as long as he thought he was doing the right thing - most of the time, it wasn't.

He was immature, irrational, and mostly an idiot.

This doesn't however change the courage in his heart, and the love he had for his friends, his land and his people. You just had to respect sometimes his frank honesty, even if he was wrong. Thing is, he knew the difference between right and wrong, he just struggled to actually do the right thing sometimes. One thing he did do, was stand by his friends, his knights and those who couldn't look after themselves. He was a stalwart companion, and in a tough situation, you could always, eventually rely on him.

He has come a long way, and learnt so much. His soul has moved from body to body slightly different each time but in each body, and in each life he has become a better person through it. As the wheel has turned, he has elevated each time to become the person he is today. He has learnt from the spirits that have inhabited before, from Tallios of Talthar, to Sinistrade. He has seen this world through different eyes and has fought for it in different ways.

He died for the last time among his brother knights and some of his closest friends. He will be missed for a time, but we all know - irritating as he could be, he will not be kept out for long. Probably because no heaven or afterlife will have him...

Even after I stood down from the Lord Knight election, the little [----] has still managed to cause me grief even after his death, by granting me the honour of Lord Unity, thus leaving me in charge of all the Knightly paperwork while he has gone - I am sure he will miraculously appear once it has all been done. Never did like too much hard work that boy, unless it was a good fight.

Let's raise a glass (or well, sock/bandana covered tin) of shnizzle in his name tonight.

Rest well young one, make your next life count. You have a tough year ahead.

Andric
High Priest of Dead Heroes
Lord Unity
Baron of Fort Fallen Claw

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hulud
post Jan 30 2017, 10:01 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 891

I've known Rufus for a fair time and I agree with everything that has been said about him here.

When I look at Rufus I can't claim to have ever seen a 'Lord Knight'...but I did always see a brother and that's enough.

Hurry back Lord Knight.

Valentine.

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jan 31 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 87

I met Rufus a couple of times, a short man with anger issues but with a heart in the right place.

Well hope he hurry up and come back as I would like to see what he gets upto as Lord Knight.

Earl Majius
King Of Deci

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jan 31 2017, 01:34 PM
Post #4

Post Police

Member No.: 38

I've known Rufus since before he was Rufus.

Massive Zombies, Rufus... Massive Zombies

I will raise a glass bottle of schnizzle

Willock
Knight Consul

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Benson
post Feb 1 2017, 07:23 AM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 431

Poor old Rufus.

Summit

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Feb 1 2017, 08:12 AM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 190

RUK MET RUFUS ONCE.

HE WAS FEARLESS, THOUGH IT CAUSED HIS DEATH.

HOPE HE COMES BACK WITH WIZDOM TO LEAD KNIGHTS.

RUK.

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Feb 1 2017, 09:54 AM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

I too only met Rufus once. He was a stalwart ally who led the way into every fight. And he seemed to possess a true joy in squeezing everything from his life.

I hope he retains these qualities when he returns to us. And wish him luck and success in his role as Lord Knight.

May Harmony guide his thoughts, and Purpose his actions,

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
ethuil
post Feb 1 2017, 10:05 AM
Post #8

Plot Dump NPC

Member No.: 495

When I first met Rufus, like Andric I thought he was irreverent, immature and absolutely infuriating. He was all of those things. But he was also much more, a fact that I wish I had discovered more than a few weeks before his final death. It takes a lot of courage to know that you will never be perfect, but dare to try regardless - and Rufus was so very brave.

I hope he returns to us every bit as troublesome as he was before. Knowing him, I have faith that he'll exceed every expectation.

Penny

--------------------
- Rebecca

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Feb 1 2017, 11:29 AM
Post #9

Heldsman

Member No.: 388

His files generally have more black ink than red. The amount of red has slowly, but surely, decreased with each iteration of Rufus. This is a good thing.

I look forward to perusing his new file and have faith that it will have even less red ink.

Agent Tarkin
Imperial Seers Intelligence Service

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
jasonprice
post Feb 17 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #10

Mercenary

Member No.: 135

Well i liked him alot, but yes a total pain in the ass most of the time.

I think he brings a fresh air to the Knights as its lord, and in that a very busy year i see comming.

see you when you return Rufus,

Jaraxle

--------------------
Jay

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:47 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins