IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
new priest following the church of shaehan - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> new priest following the church of shaehan
Frazer
post Sep 2 2015, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Nightsoil

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,242

Greetings my name is Sheppard Baradir.

Haveing recently joined the ranks of priesthood I decided to walk the path of the healer and have been convinced to join the church of Shaehan and follow the path of life any help or advice anyone can give me will be very appreciated.

--------------------
Bareck - Human Warrior
Madax - Human Archer
Sheppard Baradir - Human priest (healing)
Troll - Troll
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
FlorenceWarren
post Sep 2 2015, 05:45 PM
Post #2

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,112

Welcome Sheppard,

I really am overjoyed to meet you, I'd heard rumors of a new priest and I'm so glad they turned out to be true!

There are plenty of people in the church (myself included) who would be more than happy to offer you advice, I know it can be a little daunting starting out but I assure you it gets easier with practice and a little (or a lot!) of faith. The occupation of a healer can be challenging at times, but I promise you it is both noble and rewarding.

If you don't mind my asking, what sort of advice were you looking for?

How to reattach a stump perhaps? Precautions for curing diseases? Or how to manage the copious amount of stress that combat brings? Perhaps something else?

Although I will admit, I'm not always ideal at the "staying calm" one... That said, I find combat considerably less terrifying since I started raising children.

--------------------
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P Lovecraft

Florence
----------
Taris - Anti-Elf Causing priest.
Vex - Ratfolk Scout.
Rye - Elysian Pure Priest.
Fester - Ratfolk "Warrior" Assassin.
Charlie - Ratfolk Healing Priest - RIP.
Bean - Human Blademaster.
Josephine Flashblade - *That* Noble Monk...

+Quote Post
Strife
post Sep 2 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Heldsman

Member No.: 1,568

QUOTE(FlorenceWarren @ Sep 2 2015, 06:45 PM) *
That said, I find combat considerably less terrifying since I started raising children.

I can only assume that this is some kind of euphemism for summoning undead.

Whisper

--------------------
Will Hudson

+Quote Post
Will
post Sep 2 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 158

Greetings Baradir,

Very pleased to hear from you. Should you need any help at all please let us know. It is usually better to ask for specific things and we will do what we can to advise or provide.

In the meantime, we have a gathering arranged for this Sunsday to help restore some of our Ladies light to Scarlene where many of the newer members of the faith will be attending. It would be excellent to also see you there.

Tirama

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Sep 2 2015, 09:16 PM
Post #5

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

I have spare scriptures for the Spirit Bolt miracles which are free for the asking.

My advice? Be more than a collection of nonsensical dogma. Dogma is fine as far as it goes and Shaehan has her reasons (being merely a goddess and incapable of lateral thinking being the main one) but you are a human (or rat, or goblin or whatever else), the most complex creature in the exostance. You can and should think outside the box.

More practically; as early as possible get yourself a stick with which to parry.

'Rus

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
Frazer
post Sep 2 2015, 09:56 PM
Post #6

Nightsoil

Member No.: 3,242

QUOTE(Jasper @ Sep 2 2015, 10:16 PM) *
I have spare scriptures for the Spirit Bolt miracles which are free for the asking.

My advice? Be more than a collection of nonsensical dogma. Dogma is fine as far as it goes and Shaehan has her reasons (being merely a goddess and incapable of lateral thinking being the main one) but you are a human (or rat, or goblin or whatever else), the most complex creature in the exostance. You can and should think outside the box.

More practically; as early as possible get yourself a stick with which to parry.
'Rus

Thank you for you advice I will not blindly follow everything for I do have free will and will act with it my job is to go out and heal people first religion comes second. And I know this will make me sound stupid but what are scriptures (are they like scrolls)

--------------------
Bareck - Human Warrior
Madax - Human Archer
Sheppard Baradir - Human priest (healing)
Troll - Troll

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Sep 2 2015, 10:30 PM
Post #7

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(Frazer @ Sep 2 2015, 10:56 PM) *
Thank you for you advice I will not blindly follow everything for I do have free will and will act with it my job is to go out and heal people first religion comes second. And I know this will make me sound stupid but what are scriptures (are they like scrolls)

They are indeed scrolls, but specific to our church and containing the secrets of a given miracle - allowing you to cast it with your own spirits.

On a related issue, some advice from a healing point of view; tell your warrior friends to bring their own healing scrolls, or to give you grulls with which to make them. Ninety nine times out of a hundred it won't be you getting the benefit of a healing scroll, so there's no reason why you should pay for them. The exception is Restore Life - always carry a few restore life scrolls so that your vitae doesn't pay the healer's tax*.

'Rus
*that is, if you are the only person who can cast a restore life miracle, it will be you who has to be dragged away to the temple and have your vitae unnecessarily taxed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FlorenceWarren
post Sep 2 2015, 11:14 PM
Post #8

Militiaman

'Rus gives good advice, I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't considered carrying my own Restore Life scrolls, which in hindsight was probably poor planning. I think after this discussion I'll have to bring some with me on Starsday.

How many of those Spirit Bolt scriptures do you have? If you have multiple I'd actually be quite interested in obtaining one, obviously I'd pay you for it. I'd feel guilty taking it off you for nothing, I know they're not cheap to make.

Whisper, it really wasn't a euphemism. I'm proud mother to three silver Draves. What I meant by my comment, is that caring for a trio of under-tens (in human years at least) is scary stuff!

--------------------
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P Lovecraft

Florence
----------
Vex - Ratfolk Scout.

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Sep 2 2015, 11:21 PM
Post #9

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(FlorenceWarren @ Sep 3 2015, 12:14 AM) *
'Rus gives good advice, I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't considered carrying my own Restore Life scrolls, which in hindsight was probably poor planning. I think after this discussion I'll have to bring some with me on Starsday.

How many of those Spirit Bolt scriptures do you have? If you have multiple I'd actually be quite interested in obtaining one, obviously I'd pay you for it. I'd feel guilty taking it off you for nothing, I know they're not cheap to make.

At least two and money not really a problem - they're cheaper than you probably think.

'Rus

--------------------

+Quote Post
FlorenceWarren
post Sep 2 2015, 11:37 PM
Post #10

Militiaman

Well I'm sure we can work something out. Are you free Starsday or Sunsday? Perhaps we could meet briefly and have a catch-up. I'd at least like to buy you breakfast or something, to make it a bit more of a fair trade.

Sheppard. If I could offer one piece of advice to myself on the first time I traveled, it would be to remember that your own life is sacred too. Assuming you're not a Knight of The Land, don't be afraid to run away if things really turn sour. Obviously this is at your discretion, but early on in my career I was faced with an impossible choice, where the party was completely overwhelmed and the only people who remained alive were myself and two others, both of whom were hiding in walls or walking on the air. I felt at a loss of what to do, feeling torn between loyalties and the desire to survive. After a tough debate I turned tail and fled, only for it to later turn out to be the only way to resolve the situation. I was certainly relieved! But yes, yes. Don't be afraid to run away, after all if you don't survive who's going to restore everyone?

--------------------

Florence
----------
Vex - Ratfolk Scout.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins