IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
False Democracy - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> False Democracy, IC
giles
post Feb 12 2017, 12:45 AM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 68

Hello,
I'm a member of the Church and travelled in the Heartlands today and wanted to make others aware of something I found rather concerning.
A group of us had been hired by the local lord of the village of Pickford. He hadn't received some tithes and a magical warding had sprung up around Pickford. We travelled there and found the magic was Bronze and to enter we simply had to pledge ourselves to democracy. The bronze magic was a little concerning but the sentiment seemed positive enough. It transpired that the villagers claimed to be seceding - it turned out they were also not fully in possession of their own will. The shrine to Unity there was tended by a member of the Church who was unable to perceive an artefact of bronze magic hidden in there. A number of them had bronze spells upon them and one had a stick which channelled belief to a creature known as Meridis - apparently a goddess of true freedom. However her shrines were dark and foul and when cleansed a dark creature manifested from them. We cleansed them and then found a note (below) leading us to a further shrine which we also cleansed, though at the cost of our brother Roberto Flashblade. Fortunately the sword which has travelled with me on a couple of occasions was able to restore him to life. We emerged from below a barn to find further cultists. I am afraid that we were too late to prevent them discharging some form of rite and also manifesting a very shiny bronze demon. We defeated the demon, but it seems these cultists were no more than a rearguard action and most of them have scattered across the Empire. They had a number of coins which I believe were empowered in some way and caused the owner to want to pass them on, as if spreading something malignant. Given that this cult is using democracy as the vehicle for empowering their ‘Master,’ possibly some sort of demonic entity I thought the Church should be forewarned but also on the look out.

Gracchus.

I trust the village of Pickford goes well. When you have
Finished return here and we will begin the next steps to spread
Democracy across the Empire and strengthen our Master.
I have enclosed a ritual to carry a small group to the Barn
near the Manor. It will take a t most a dozen people. Do not
bring those not of the faithful using it or it will trigger the
wards.

C.
No idea who C is, but when the Baron of Pickford attempted to scry about the location of the Manor mentioned he suffered some sort of scrying backlash which he managed to avoid, but it seems some details were warded. As it was we transported using their rite and the Manor was about half an hour’s walk from Pickford itself but not we believe in the same Barony (the land is very weak there due to what has happened)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
giles   False Democracy   Feb 12 2017, 12:45 AM
Jasper   Thank you Gracchus. Very troubling; I shall be sur...   Feb 12 2017, 08:08 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:21 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins