IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Heroes - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Heroes, Is it relevant to you?
JulianW
post Jul 12 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #21

Viper

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

QUOTE(LordSaldana @ Jul 12 2014, 09:14 PM) *
I'm taking the lack of posts to mean that people are fine with the status quo and happy to go to the HOTE pro board when they want background information?

Cheers,

Adam

Can you explain step by step how to do that please?

Julian

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jul 13 2014, 07:28 AM
Post #22

GSM

Member No.: 54

Actually I think mostly people don't care any Adam, which iss in some ways sad.

Lee

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
whiteknight
post Jul 13 2014, 08:38 AM
Post #23

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,472

QUOTE(sonof @ Jul 13 2014, 08:28 AM) *
Actually I think mostly people don't care any Adam, which iss in some ways sad.

Lee

I care but HOTE seems totally alien to me and when I tried to enquire about it - I was left none the wiser at all and if anything left even more confused.

I must have missed your post Adam and like the idea - whether or not you will get the feedback you need from refs on the LRP side is another question but between refs and players I am sure relevant stuff could be sent to you.

Why not speak with the CMT and just get something going?

Rich

--------------------
Sh*t - Son of Git, Squire of the Order of Dragons - 8K
Fitz Blizzard - Winter Elf Scout - 900 points

+Quote Post
sonof
post Jul 13 2014, 09:45 PM
Post #24

GSM

Member No.: 54

Rich,

The problem isn't the cmt/lrp side. The issue is the turnaround on heroes (3-4 months sometimes) and thus how it interacts with lrp (a turnaround of next time the ref runs a dungeon).

I loved heroes but more and more I think the link is fading. This doesn't mean I won't play heroes, just I'll play less characters in it.

Lee

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
whiteknight
post Jul 14 2014, 08:08 AM
Post #25

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,472

QUOTE(sonof @ Jul 13 2014, 10:45 PM) *
Rich,

The problem isn't the cmt/lrp side. The issue is the turnaround on heroes (3-4 months sometimes) and thus how it interacts with lrp (a turnaround of next time the ref runs a dungeon).

I loved heroes but more and more I think the link is fading. This doesn't mean I won't play heroes, just I'll play less characters in it.

Lee

With you now - that's a long turnaround time!

Rich

--------------------
Sh*t - Son of Git, Squire of the Order of Dragons - 8K
Fitz Blizzard - Winter Elf Scout - 900 points

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 14 2014, 08:20 AM
Post #26

Post Police

Member No.: 38

It's a shame really

In my mind, when the State of the Empire game, along with Heroes (and Gobball, which ws fun) having a few week turnaround, sometimes 1 week, it meant you saw effects. The effect of a dungeon was seen immeadiately in the turns you got back. Or things that occurred in your turn were being reflected in the game you played. It worked amazingly.

I'm not sure of the size comparisans of the playerbase from then to now, but I'm sure more people were playing the HotE game than now anyway

--------------------
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Oct 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
A one-man revolution against the world.

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jul 14 2014, 12:48 PM
Post #27

Legend

Member No.: 115

QUOTE(sonof @ Jul 13 2014, 10:45 PM) *
Rich,

Lee

I beg to differ Lee

The CP situation is farcical - 8 months waiting for a CC contract to be sorted

1 month after getting the CPs I need to fulfil a contract I still can't buy it as I have not had the confirmation of getting the CCs

I chase and am promised a response by the end of the week. 10 days later still not sorted

So I don't bother ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 14 2014, 12:55 PM
Post #28

Post Police

It has the feeling of this for me

If both parties involved (LRP/HotE) were both interested in the other game, it would work.

For me, Alan isn't interested in the LRP world. If it fits it fits. He wants to write his turns and please his customers.
LRP isn't that interested in HotE anymore. It would rather please it's customers

One needs a vested interest in the other, which just isn't there anymore. If it wasn't for the fact it's fun to play, I'd have stopped.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Jul 14 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #29

Legend

Member No.: 39

I arranged a Heroes-based adventure that took place a couple of weeks ago. I was chased by Alan last week for a write-up of what happened and have put him in touch with Jasper to pick up the CPs that were awarded. Alan was pro-actively seeking the results to include them in the turns he's writing at the moment. That's seems pretty good to me?

Stuart

+Quote Post
DanM
post Jul 14 2014, 02:01 PM
Post #30

Post Police

QUOTE(Stuart @ Jul 14 2014, 02:44 PM) *
I arranged a Heroes-based adventure that took place a couple of weeks ago. I was chased by Alan last week for a write-up of what happened and have put him in touch with Jasper to pick up the CPs that were awarded. Alan was pro-actively seeking the results to include them in the turns he's writing at the moment. That's seems pretty good to me?

Stuart

Never once hapenned to me, and I've organised tons of heroes related stuff.

I'd guess, but couldn't be sure, that if there was no character for the plot to go back out to, he wouldn't be as interested.

It's drifted away from LRP and needs to be hauled back in

--------------------

+Quote Post
iainwimble
post Jul 14 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #31

Hero

Member No.: 87

Well I have to say when I was running the Halls Of Glass Nobles adventures I got a lot of input from Alan and he processed most if not all of it except he changed one bit which made it work better for the people who put in a heroes turn to look over the barony.

While I am happy to sort out some more noble plots for open or guild adventures for the lrp and sort out the heroes side with Alan if people like.

Iain

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 14 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #32

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Stuart @ Jul 14 2014, 02:44 PM) *

Stuart

Yep, Alan specifically took one players turn out of the processing cycle and put it on hold waiting for the result for the dungeon. Even though that player's turn wasn't, on the face of it, obviously connected to the dungeon but by the strange knock on effects behind the scene its going to impact.

The issue, always has been, that to get big effects in heroes from LRP Alan likes to have warning that its coming, he can then factor in everything or discuss with the relevant ref what might or might not work / how best to achieve possible outcomes.

I don't think he's really that different from any other ref or unreasonable about these things.

Lets face it if you were told out of the blue, by another referee, "Look my party did this, it has affected your campaign so you now must do A, B or C OR can't do 1, 2 or 3" you might be a little put out at not having a prior heads up or just have issue factoring it in as you've already written the next dungeon. It might not mean you aren't interested in melding it's just more difficult. Human nature.

I love it when things interact but, as has been said, the turnaround time of Heroes makes quick interaction tricky. By the time its hit heroes most people have moved on and forgotten the dungeon.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:35 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins