IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Leaving notice - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leaving notice
Netheril
post Jul 23 2018, 10:42 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,516

It is with a heavy heart that I give the required months notice of my intention to leave the Knights.

There are a number of reasons for this decision, and I have only taken it after a lot of thought. Know that I hold my oath to the knights as one of my most sacred vows, and being part of the knights has been very formative in making me who I am. I will still do all I can to uphold those ideals, and will always come to the aid of any knight, as I would for any of my allies.

Some of my reasons for leaving would promote disharmony, so I will not speak of them publicly.

But know that my single greatest reason is purely personal, and has to do with my own failings to uphold our oath to protect the lands. When I was created, one of the first oaths I spoke was to leave all lands, all worlds, a better place than I found them. That made the knights an obvious choice for me.

In the last few months, however, it seems every attempt I make to uphold these oaths fails, and brings more harm down upon innocents.

I fought to free the gold tower of magery, and in doing so as a direct consequence of something I asked for, Jericho and I released an ancient and ruinous power upon the lands.

Yesterday, in attempting to begin the process of remedying that error, it would seem the group I was with were responsible for the extermination of almost all life within one of the Southern Baronies. Whilst I was unconscious in the void when the actual event occurred, I was driving us with my usual single minded folly towards completing our goal, and absolutely bare responsibility for what occurred.

I stand ready to face justice for this.

And once certain other oaths are complete, I will need to significantly re-think my Purpose. But one thing I am sure of, I have failed to protect the land and its people, and am ashamed.

I wish you all nothing but the best,

Sirac Drakeson

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Jul 23 2018, 01:21 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 39

Dear Sirac,

I know you only by reputation, but the Knights will be worse off for your loss to the order.

My theory is that the blessing of vitae brings with it certain flaws. The same thing that fills us with a drive to succeed regardless of the cost to ourselves and our fellows naturally blinds us to the risks and costs to others.

I would urge you to reconsider. The presence in the order of someone who recognises that, who knows that sometimes the right thing to do is to fail, is hugely valuable.

I am sure every Knight here has been swamped by their purpose on occasion. It is part of the burden we all share. I would urge you to reconsider, and let your brothers help you overcome these obstacles.

If you are resolved however then I wish you all the best.

Isaac Cordarel

+Quote Post
Saladin
post Jul 23 2018, 02:30 PM
Post #3

Heldsman

Member No.: 873

You are wrong to leave. Don't blame yourself for these consequences they would have happened by anyone else doing the same thing.

--------------------
Hoz

+Quote Post
giles
post Jul 23 2018, 02:48 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 68

I do not know you well enough to either dispute or accept your assessment of your own perceived shortcomings - but if it is as you say your 'single minded folly' that has driven you - then the last thing you should do is leave the Knights - at least you will have the support and opinions of other Knights rather than just your own - which you seem to have found wanting.
Is not your own single minded folly driving you to leave the Knights now? You are wise enough to acknowledge your failings (many of us don't). Listen to the counsel of your brother Knights rather than being guided solely by your own voice which you acknowledge occasionally runs away with itself. Speaking for myself I have always found being a Knight has sometimes balanced the worst excesses of my character - not all the time, perhaps like yourself, I have many failings. But there are better men and women amongst our number than I - and whilst I make mistakes, like you have done - I have also learnt from their example. It is the nature of being a mercenary and a Knight to put yourself in a place where you may have to make impossible choices - it is not being a Knight of the Land that makes such situations impossible, nor your oath. I hope you will reconsider not only for your own sake - but the Knights needs people who will question themselves and their ability to fulfil their oath - to not do so runs the danger of complacency and you seem to me to be very far from that. Whatever you decide I am sure we all wish you well, though again would counsel against hasty action.

Nev'

+Quote Post
TheOG
post Jul 23 2018, 03:14 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 964

Sirac.

Someone I consider a friend, in high regard.
Someone I know to be a fellow Knight, beyond reproach.
You are the Ivory Tower, you can perceive leagues beyond my sight.
You have no hidden power behind your Thrones, nothing distorts your vision.
But darkness and intrigue has consequence hidden from you and me. It has always been so.
It is our burden to make the decisions we do, on what we know.
Because we care enough to try.
It might be that some dark design corrupts your efforts; We save one hundred souls, in return, they destroy a thousand.

But they put pieces into play. They reveal much. If you cast open your shutters upon your edifice of Ivory, you'll see them

Damn your torment over the thousand Sirac. I care not for it. I want to unravel the dark designs and I want Knights like you to stand beside.
Save more than thousands. Upon your sacred vow.
Whether you shout "Shield on arm!" or not. Know I am your Brother Knight. For yours is the only face I remember in death.

Ash and Dust of Stars
Sword of Light
Knight of the Land
Knight of Legend

--------------------
Mark V, Aka OG.

Making Middle-age look easy since 2003
Bet you wish your girlfriend was hot like me..

don’t chaaaa!

+Quote Post
Will
post Jul 23 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 158

Sirac my friend, give yourself some time to think and reflect. Give your mind a chance to come to peace before acting in a way you may later regret.

We live in a world where terrible things happen. We cannot be held responsible for all.

You will need to learn to forgive yourself.

In Mercy

Tirama

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Jul 23 2018, 03:22 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

My thanks for the words of advice and brotherhood above. But I must apologise, I should have made clear, my choice will not be undone at this time. It is not in my nature to make a statement like this unless certain. I cannot know what the future may hold, but for now, my time as a knight of the land is done.

And it is a decision that has been coming for many months. I have thought it through very carefully. I did not expect that the final deciding factor would be my own failings as a knight, but that is the case. And so now I must find a new path.

Nonetheless Nev, your advice was wise, and I will try to heed it as I move onwards. I am fortunate to have many friends, and allies, whose guidance I will value all the more now.

If I may make one final statement, as a knight, for whatever worth it may have. You have one amongst your number who is, for me, the embodiment of everything it means to be a Knight of the Land. Tristan, I travelled and fought beside many times, and since his return he has become, if possible, even more true to what I believe are the finest qualities of the knights.

If any can persuade him to stand for Lord Knight at the next elections, I believe it would serve the knights well. Fail or succeed in such an election, I believe very strongly it would do the knights only good for him to stand.

May Harmony guide yer thoughts, and Purpose yer actions,

I wish I had heeded my own blessing better,

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
Githrel
post Jul 23 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #8

Peon

Member No.: 5,701

Sirac,

When I returned from the Court I had lost much of my focus, things which were once important seemed less so but I did remember that I liked the Knights and what they stood for; which is why I chose to find a knight to travel with whilst I work off my immortal paunch.
I believe it was luck which had me to join you on the quest to the Golden Tower and around Primus over the few past months because after my time in the Court you have been a solid focus and a guide to my actions.
It seems to me that every choice you've made has been with the best of intentions for the land but sometimes protecting the land will cause repercussions, sometimes those repercussions will matter but you can do your best to fix them if you can and want to later!

If you met a man with a corrupted arm and you had to chop off his arm to save him you would, even if the one-armed man might curse you afterwards! I might chop off his other arm for not saying thank you but you wouldn't and that's why you're a better Knight than me.

The Knights will lose if you leave and so will the Land.

Jester

--------------------
Jamie M.

Jester - Sidhe Skirmisher
Grael - Barbarian Bodyguard
Traylorn - Whitefire Warrior/Paladin/Warlock
Sidney - 1/2 Kobold Sneaky Type

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Jul 24 2018, 03:29 AM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 155

Clearly you have made your choice Sirac. My disagreement with it makes no difference and I am aware that you rarely change your mind having already considered matters.

With regard to the deaths in the barony - I was shocked by it. I normally get some inkling of danger on that level but when that death vengeance flooded out I was completely unaware. I cannot see how you can bear any of the blame bar being part of our group.... indeed you were not even there at the time.

You do not call people "friend" easily or lightly. I stand by you as an ally and my opinion of you is not lessened by your decision to leave the Knights.

Kurth Honeyman.

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Jul 24 2018, 11:50 AM
Post #10

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

QUOTE(Netheril @ Jul 23 2018, 11:42 AM) *
It is with a heavy heart that I give the required months notice of my intention to leave the Knights.

There are a number of reasons for this decision, and I have only taken it after a lot of thought. Know that I hold my oath to the knights as one of my most sacred vows, and being part of the knights has been very formative in making me who I am. I will still do all I can to uphold those ideals, and will always come to the aid of any knight, as I would for any of my allies.

Some of my reasons for leaving would promote disharmony, so I will not speak of them publicly.

But know that my single greatest reason is purely personal, and has to do with my own failings to uphold our oath to protect the lands. When I was created, one of the first oaths I spoke was to leave all lands, all worlds, a better place than I found them. That made the knights an obvious choice for me.

In the last few months, however, it seems every attempt I make to uphold these oaths fails, and brings more harm down upon innocents.

I fought to free the gold tower of magery, and in doing so as a direct consequence of something I asked for, Jericho and I released an ancient and ruinous power upon the lands.

Yesterday, in attempting to begin the process of remedying that error, it would seem the group I was with were responsible for the extermination of almost all life within one of the Southern Baronies. Whilst I was unconscious in the void when the actual event occurred, I was driving us with my usual single minded folly towards completing our goal, and absolutely bare responsibility for what occurred.

I stand ready to face justice for this.

And once certain other oaths are complete, I will need to significantly re-think my Purpose. But one thing I am sure of, I have failed to protect the land and its people, and am ashamed.

I wish you all nothing but the best,

Sirac Drakeson

Sirac

Primus and beyond will not be lessened by your departure from the KOTL, we as an organisation will however lose a great example of our ways but as a whole it will endure.

You will carry on the teachings of your parents wherever you go I am sure and will prove that being a Knight is proven by your actions not by the membership of the group.

I was created a knight and born to the ways of friendship, happiness, compassion and loyalty and should I ever feel the need to leave the KOTL that will not change my ways.

For someone so close to my ways we do not know each other very well but I truly know of your ways and I thank you for your hard work in empowering our mutal creator.

I have faced many big decisions over the years and sometimes the best of the worst is still a positive, the ways of evil and those who live to hate prey on those of us who have morals and think of consequences before we act.

Never regret a decision made for the right reason even if it proves to be wrong. Just try to put things right when you can.

Stay strong and know that you will always be held in high esteem as a true example of our ways.

Jander

+Quote Post
Abel
post Jul 24 2018, 01:34 PM
Post #11

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

This is shameful to see in a fellow Ivory mana user, you made oaths and to us they are sacred, to break one is to show disrespect to our Drake and to shame ourselves. You should rethink either making oaths in the first place, especially if you cannot maintain them or stand up and deal with the situation you are in.

Dissapointing

Xeno
Knight-Captain of the Flashblade Guard

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 10k - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 9.8k Council Yojimbo
Xeno - 6.2k - Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Dipp - 4k - Far Northfolk True Awakener
Sosen Oku - 3.7k - Jade Dragon Shaman (Bene/Healing/Jade Wiz)
Lt Benjamin Ford - 3.6k Nightsoil Comms Grey Knight
Moru - 3.1k - Twilight Elf Utility Wizard
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Jul 27 2018, 02:19 PM
Post #12

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

Sirac,

My friend, where to start, as you know, I am a simple two dimensional being so let me just say don't leave.
I fear that you leave as a result of resent turmoil on your path but let me say this.

As far as I am aware Imrazil has not turned his gaze from you.

You have strived to work towards your oath, and at times you say you have brought more harm than good, I cannot believe this, leaving when the going gets tough is not the answer, will you bring more harm than you already have when you are not bound by our oaths?

Always remember a man sitting in his house will never be a brave man, he must open the door and venture forth to become brave. By striving to uphold our oaths you will become a better knight, maybe become the man you want to be, or maybe see yourself as the man I believe you to be.

I would ask you to reconsider, I am sure none would think any less of you for a change of heart.

I know that in your own mind you are made up, but as you once said to me in a letter, "Sometimes another voice helps"

Castiel
Lord Unity

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Jul 27 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #13

Mercenary

So, it was not my intent to reply further. But Castiel, you are owed a reply, so one last time I will respond here.

Firstly, to address a few others:

Jander, your words mean a lot to me. You are a Paragon of my father, and an example to us all. And you are entirely correct. I am, or was, a knight of little standing and my leaving will have little long term impact on the knights. I hope that the time will come where one day we do come to know each other more.

Tirama, my friend, your words and examples have oft lit the way for me. I thank you again for your advice.

Ash and Dust, we knew each other but for a while, yet in that time I already felt a bond of friendship form. I am glad to see you returned in some form, and know that you are entirely correct, my leaving the knights makes little difference to how I feel and act to those I call friend, or even ally. Should you ever have need of me, just call, my friend.

Xeno, I debated whether to respond at all, for fear there is little point to doing so. You strike me as a true child of my Mother, and words will likely hold little sway with you. But I am no oathbreaker, I never swore a life term of service to the knights. My oaths remain intact, and I will hold to them still. So, with no ill will, my advice to you would be look to your own oaths. Duke Flashblade has oft been an ally of mine...but nonetheless he is not one I would ever be oathsworn to. If you do not know why, then perhaps it is yourself that should be more careful who you swear your oaths to. Anyway, already this has crossed a line, we are supposed to be brothers, for a while longer at least. Should you wish to talk further, I am happy to do so privately. But will not engage in further disharmony here.

Kurth, you are a stalwart knight. I know my decision may seem...drastic to you. Know that much has happened to lead me here. But I hope you will be amongst the first of many knights to see I remain your brother, even if outside your Orders.

And now, Castiel.

Thank you for your words, my friend. I have listened, and taken them to heart. Your voice is one I shall always listen to.

You once named me your conscience. I fear you may have ceased listening to your conscience. The impact of Anarchus' ultimate sacrifice, maybe transcends such things. But know that I call you one of my truest friends, and am always there should you wish me to be, either in battle at your side, or as a voice in your ear.

You and Tristan validated my choice in joining the knights. You served as an example of all that was best about the knights. And an example of the path I wished to tread.

But now I fear our paths diverge. You move ever closer to war and battle, it is your nature and you embrace it with all you are. I, however, am at my core a creature of Harmony. For all that I love my Mother, every lesson I learn makes me question whether war and battle will achieve the Purpose I most desire.

Recent events have just strengthened my feeling that I need to look for another way. My own failings are all tied to my Mothers influence, my singularity of Purpose.

The knights oaths remain my own. I do not cease being who I am, what I believe, simply because I leave. But it does allow me to take a step back, and see more clearly.

My notice to leave remains in place. I will embark soon upon a very dangerous mission, from which I may not return, and if so then this all becomes moot. But I give you my word, I will think most carefully on all you and others have said, and make my final decision then. My notice will not have expired when that task is done.

But my expectation is that I shall still leave. And if I do so, I would never say that it will be forever. Tirama is a knight, and an example to me that another path is possible within the knights.

But first I need to feel, in my heart, that I deserve to be called such again. I do not feel so currently. You and Tristan did too good a job of teaching me what it is to be a knight, I hope you will do so for more of your brothers and sisters.

May Harmony guide all your thoughts, and Purpose your actions,

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jul 27 2018, 11:32 PM
Post #14

Legend

Member No.: 52

Sirac,

It was my intention to speak with you in person and hoped to spend time with you in The Rest to listen to you and seek to understand the true turmoil that has drawn you to this position. I do not demand that you to respond publicly nor that you speak with me but I would ask that you read these words and understand while I speak here it is for all to read not solely directed to you but to all our brothers and those that would look to our Order.

Personally I do not believe that Oaths should be made or given without the belief in their significance and the intent to uphold them fully in their spirit rather than their word. This makes the manner in which the Knights act all the more important such that they embody and personify the Oath its ideals and the Virtues of our order so those that witness them, those that are inspired by them, those that come to the banner of the Knights do so knowing the Oath they are about to embrace.

The danger of the Oath is those who think they understand the significance but in truth do not find their path a struggle when alone or without Brothers to guide them truly.

One can be a knight in deed and action without being a Knight who has taken their vow, and while I would wish that someone whose deeds and actions are true would feel the Oath and the Order were things they could serve their are those whose Oath to another binds them in a way they feel they cannot be true and the vision to see that and the respect to show their honour to our Oath is to be commended.

I do not wish nor want to see people seek to discharge themselves from their Oath to their Brothers, Imrazil will judge those unworthy as they should be judged, but when those who I see with nothing to fear in Imrazil's gaze and the ability to shine as the Virtues of Imrazil do then it grieves me greatly.

What I want you to consider is that as triumphant as the stories of Legends and of Lord Knights past may be we do not always triumph, we do not always win, sometimes our brothers are vanquished, sometimes it is simply impossible to win and at other times the price is so high that it cannot in conscience be paid. There is more to be learnt from the less glamours tales and histories than those of celebrated success.

The order is diverse in how many worlds our Brothers dwell upon and originate from, not all of those are warriors with gleaming armour and a sword who rush to arms and conflict with their foes. Those with reason, temperance, the desire and sight to see and seek another solution to understand that actions can have consequences and the more powerful the foe, the greater the threat the greater the consideration should be, those are Brothers that the order needs. Not everyone is born or gifted with the ability to lead, fewer still are close to perfection that they act flawlessly and navigate the trials of the world without ever leaving a single moment or sorrow or suffering in their wake.

It is knights that understand humility as a virtue that are prized among their true brothers by those that truly understand the Oath and the Order.

The Order is shaped by the actions of its Brothers, I ask each one of you to be the virtue you would wish to see in others be they your Brother Knight, your neighbour, your family or a stranger.

Sirac, you carry a Burden the likes of that I have seen carried by one such as Gysmo. One that causes pain and great suffering to your own soul and being that you may never be able to reconcile with. That you carry this burden at all speaks to your character do not let this torment tear you down or away from that which can offer you the strength and support to endure the trial that it brings. I do not seek to lessen your burden, absolve you or your regrets or offer you forgiveness for the failure you feel nor do I believe you seek any of this from your Brothers.

The trial you have is to endure the suffering with all it's tormenting voices, it's unending pain and the depth of the despair you feel and dwell within. Your brothers are there beside you to help you carry that burden to offer and gift you the strength when you feel you can bear no more.

Endurance is a Virtue of Imrazil think of the peace that is gifted to our Patron and ask if such comes easy and I hope your path and your vision can align to see your way to the the harmony you seek and is the essence of your being.

Lord Amorphus
Lord Knight

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
Benson
post Jul 29 2018, 02:26 PM
Post #15

Hero

Member No.: 431

Sirac,
I wish you well, keep on smiling. You will
Be missed, thanks for all your aid.

Don’t be a stranger.

Which guild are you going to knock
about with in you’re spare time?

With smiles
Wiggle

+Quote Post
draco
post Jul 29 2018, 09:44 PM
Post #16

Heldsman

Member No.: 598

Sirac,

We have met only once and I doubt you will remember but when we meet next I shall call your brother and I shall call you friend, even if you not join in the oath. I have been where you are now to some extent but I will not preach.

Your decision is yours to make
In brotherhood
Steff

--------------------
James Isteed

Isteed.Labyrinthe@outlook.com

(the big one)

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Aug 6 2018, 10:51 AM
Post #17

Mercenary

QUOTE(Gordon @ Jul 28 2018, 12:32 AM) *
Sirac, you carry a Burden the likes of that I have seen carried by one such as Gysmo. One that causes pain and great suffering to your own soul and being that you may never be able to reconcile with. That you carry this burden at all speaks to your character do not let this torment tear you down or away from that which can offer you the strength and support to endure the trial that it brings. I do not seek to lessen your burden, absolve you or your regrets or offer you forgiveness for the failure you feel nor do I believe you seek any of this from your Brothers.

The trial you have is to endure the suffering with all it's tormenting voices, it's unending pain and the depth of the despair you feel and dwell within. Your brothers are there beside you to help you carry that burden to offer and gift you the strength when you feel you can bear no more.

Endurance is a Virtue of Imrazil think of the peace that is gifted to our Patron and ask if such comes easy and I hope your path and your vision can align to see your way to the the harmony you seek and is the essence of your being.

Lord Amorphus
Lord Knight

So, I stated that I would make my final decision after my task was done. This is now that time.

Those who know me will know this is not easy, and is a rarity for me.

I was wrong to offer my resignation from the Knights. Should Lord Amorphus deem it acceptable, I hereby rescind that notice, and wish to stay among your ranks.

My reasons are multifold. Firstly, the vast majority of notices here showed how strong and alive the true spirit of the Knights still is. It shook me how many took the time to reply, and to offer some true wisdom.

Secondly, the words of Castiel and Amorphus both really hit home.

Finally, on my recent mission to destroy a true threat to Primus, a threat I had helped create, however inadvertently, I had the honour to travel beside many fellow knights.

Three of those knights have now decided to leave our ranks. Yet as strange as it may sound, some of their reasons for leaving made me reflect on my own decision, and realise that my own reasons are not good enough. And those that stayed, Hermish, Kurth and Ashalan especially, took the time to talk to me. Both their example on the mission, and their words, reminded me how much I love it when I stand side by side with Knights of true honour and valour. Hermish especially I would commend, for all his lack of years he showed bravery, wisdom and strength more than befitting a ranking Knight...both in battle and knowing when to turn aside and make the difficult choice not to fight. He turned on the wheel during our mission, but is returned with blessings most suited to his courage and honour.

One of the knights who announced on our mission that he wishes to leave is King Snuffy. He is an orc, and bound to a demon. He is also one of the oldest and founding members of the Knights. A stalwart Knight, who has been a Knight longer than most of us can imagine, and he is disappointed with some of what he has heard of the Knights of today. It is my hope he will postpone his leaving and attend our trip to the arc of fire. I believe even if he does leave, it would be good for his words to be heard first. And again I thank him for his advice to me. It is my hope he will change his mind also.

I fear I would feel more lost, not less, outside the Knights. I still struggle with my true Purpose. I will still make mistakes, I am always learning. But I hope that with Knights such as these at my side, I will do a lot more good than harm when the final tally is done.

One last thing I would say, all of the messages here show, to me anyway, a good idea of what the Knights are, and always should be. It is not an easy path, nor is it one suited to all. From the highest, to the newest recruit, a lot is expected. And all of us should be sure we adhere to the spirit of our oaths, as well as the letter.

May Harmony guide your thoughts, and Purpose your actions,

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Aug 6 2018, 11:17 AM
Post #18

Legend

Member No.: 155

Sirac,

Thank you for your change of decision. I'm sure you know how much this means to me.

Kurth.

+Quote Post
TimDallen
post Aug 6 2018, 02:40 PM
Post #19

Heldsman

Member No.: 55

Sirac,
Equally I am pleased you have decided to stay.
For all their faults and failings the world is a better place with the Knights in it and without you it would be less.

Ashalan

+Quote Post
ChrisB
post Aug 6 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #20

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,410

In the Hardest Times, when all else Seems bleak and all hope is lost.

It is in the soul, heart and minds of our brothers & sisters where the troubled will often find solace.

You finally opened up and allowed yourself to see past the incidents that plagued your conscience, by talking and observing the actions of those truly blessed by Imrazil.

A stalwart Knight has decided to Stay within our ranks, never has this ever been a bad thing.

Tristan
Imrazil's Vessel
Sword of Imrazil

--------------------
Tristan - Angel of the Virtues - Imrazil's Champion.
Slinky - Grizzled Black Orc - Axe Wielder.
Vambrael - Angel - Warrior Priest of Michael.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:12 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins