IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Pep Gossip - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pep Gossip
Carlo
post Jul 27 2020, 03:39 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

Merry Meet,

I thought I would just share this with you all. Especially with all the nasty Amantus Pep stuff going on. It might help.

So, it was just a normal day in Deci. Grandmother Mary Mallan (I'd never seen her before) had arrived in her wagon, and was selling some glorious pies. You could smell them from all across the square. She was selling them really cheap, and gave out lots of free pie to the Kallah. Undercutting the other pie makers too!

Anyway, so I was looking for this necklace. Rumour had gotten out that it might be useful or valuable, and relevant to the whole situation at the moment. I was wandering the streets as you do, and I could see one of the Kallah at the end of the street, with a knife to his throat. He was being threatened by someone, asking for a necklace.

No one threatens my Kallah... (well, my friend Tangles Kallah) so of course I threatened (and was willing) to burn the attackers face off, as you do. Funnily enough, the man with the dagger dressed in a dubious cloak then vanished. The poor beggar had been stabbed, but he wasn't dead yet so I whisked him away to my little hovel.

Of course, first things first I put the kettle on, the poor beggar was bleeding and thought he was dying but I explained you had to get your priorities right. A little poultice and a good cup of tea later he was right as rain. Told me he sold this necklace to a man named Merus, for 200 grulls. He also managed to tell this to his attacker though, so I imagine Merus would probably be in some trouble.

So, I gave the beggar an apple and a little bottle of herbal curatives, and sent him on his way, and thought I should go and look for this Merus. After all, this necklace had caused some aggressive attention and I didn't want anyone else to be stabbed.

I had a wander about. Bumped into Jeffrey who was looking for Lithmore, but didn't seem to have much luck. He avoided Grandma Mary's pies though, as he thought it was some Silverfolk trap. That said, he thinks that about most things. Think he had a bad experience bless him.

Eventually, I found Merus' shop. The door had been smashed open, and there was a dead man on the floor recently stabbed. I asked the shop what happened, and the shop told me the dead man was actually Merus. He had been stabbed only a minute or so before, and the murderer had escaped through the back door. The same bloke who threatened the other poor beggar from earlier.

Merus' shop explained to me about the necklace, which had caused so much attention. It was solid gold, and didn't look that impressive. It had a small inscription, in Ancient. It mentioned Isian the Cunning. The necklace was part of a set that allowed those in possession of them to communicate with each other over great distances. It had been bound to its owner, though it could be possible that others could use it if they re-attuned the power before it left. The other thing to be aware of, is that the user of these artefacts would need to be under the Blessing of Amiantus-Pep.

I popped outside and called for some help, and some Kallah just appeared. I asked them to go find the murderer... but they explained that looking for a cloaked man with a dagger in Deci was like, well, there's a lot of them. They went to give it a try though.

Anyway. All this action got me rather hungry and I thought, you know what. Time for Mary's pie. So I sat on the step, took in the sweet smell and stopped...

Anything that sweet, is normally poison! On closer inspection, this pie was actually full of peps disease! So, without a thought i burnt it to ash. I shouted for the Kallah who had just run off in search of the murderer, and told them they actually need to focus on getting to the Square and to stop Mary! She'd been selling these pies all day.

We got to the square, and Mary had gone! I checked everyone and lots of people were diseased. I couldn't risk this spreading further. The Kallah got a bit keen and were ready to kill the sick... but I explained we needed to cure it, not kill the victims - and to make sure they didn't let anyone leave. So, I clicked my fingers and summoned my potion box, and my special candles and started brewing mystic honeys and burning them through the candles and wafted it all around the square making sure everyone got a smell. The Kallah surrounded the square for me, to make sure no one got out - they took this quite literally and might have stabbed a few people not listening, but I was too busy at this point and had to focus.

I had healed everyone I could, and there was no disease left in the square or the people within it. That said, I don't know how many people left the square, and had been infected - so there may be a small spread in Deci, which I will help to try and contain. I then sent the Kallah to find 'Mary' and to bring her back, dead or alive. Although, when you say that to a Kallah they only ever hear one of those options for some reason...

As the evening set in, the Kallah spotted the wagon upon a hill leaving Deci. They saw Grandma Mary pull the sign off, and remove her dress. They then saw in the distance as her body twisted and changed, joints popping out of place, transforming into some Troll like creature, who then put it's armour on. It looked like the wagon rolled off to the coast at this point

So, to other cities - please, be careful. Try to be as vigilant as you can, and be aware there are some sort of shape changers at work here, spreading the disease through other means such as pies. I'm not saying it'll always be pies, but I suppose it could be through anything that someone might eat or drink. If I can help with anything then please let me know.

Blessed Be,

Gully
Elemental Lord of Fire
Chosen of the Mother
Spirit of Hearth and Home
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Jul 27 2020, 04:40 PM
Post #2

Steve Louch

Member No.: 108

Wez stoppt lodes of de trybles anz killd Drake.

I will cum anz ates al de Pyes in Deci.

Pork Pye

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Jul 27 2020, 05:02 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,966

Bloody long winded that Gully be, blessed or not, yes?

I, Okkram Sedeth, forewarned the City Spirit of Thimon of its imminent attack and saved our fair city. There were some Knights there who tried to help but got killed; lots. My brother and sister rats have gathered many of the slain as we know humans like to cry over their dead.

We stand triumphant! You're welcome, yes.

Okkram Sedeth
Blessed of Slavik
Almighty sorceror

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 27 2020, 05:05 PM
Post #4

Deity

Member No.: 25

Okkram,

Pleas arrange for the slain Knights to be brought to the Court House and I and Mine will stand vigil over their bodies until the Knights or their families can collect them.

Kei-Ry
Magistrate of Thimon

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
TheFury
post Jul 27 2020, 05:18 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 61

Gully said most of the stuff, Jeffrey couldn't find anything about the gythanki sabotaging the food and stealing people into their intergalactic space worms but believe me we should remain vigilant. But Jeffrey went looking for coins as Gully was proper hot on it with the necklace and the diseases.

The silver coins of Ramarl, we know have a connection to Limbo, can be used to find the specific person they belonged to in Limbo why that matters would need investigating individually on coins. If you don't have a heaven or hell you can just get chopped and use the coins to go there, or I suppose you can do a ritual using the coins and everyone having a Vial of Dreams potion.

Jeffrey

--------------------
Attention randomly typing monkeys.
The reply button does not dispense bananas. That is all.

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Jul 27 2020, 05:19 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 446

To add to the stories, in the hope it will offer aid in the defeat of Pep.

I had temporarily suspended my search for the corpse of an Immortal Halfling, and was looking for souls instead. Souls of heroes to go into Morgan's Shield. I had a few militia with me. One of them pointed out I could "Convince" any number of local good guys that it was the right thing to do, but that wasn't how this needed to be done. Another mentioned Arvaleth, the spirit protecting Mortai's Craddle from Undead. This seemed like a better prospect so we headed over to start a conversation.

As we headed towards the Cradle, I met Victor Somas and Tancred of In Purity. After a brief discussion about how I wasn't undead (and no souls are held in torment through the use of my spells), we moved on together, although I admit the difference between a corpse, being dead and being an undead is subtle, we got along fine. I mentioned, I was worried about other nefarious villains using Pep as a smoke screen to do evil deeds, so thought we needed to gather a goodly soul, stop any Pep undead and watch out for wrong-uns. As it turns out, we then came across such a situation...

It was a bit strange... a Destroyer Priest by his garb and the words of his miracles, creating undead with the intention of spreading this plague. Anyway, Tancred and the militia set off after the undead to stop them before they got near the local villages while Victor and I readied ourselves for combat (well, I, somewhat reluctantly, and Victor with the conviction of a man with justice on his side). Anyway, as we moved forward, Radah appeared and like a little flailing beetle attacked the priest. The priest cast a miracle and was gone before anyone could act.

I immediately attempted to place Radah under arrest but he disappeared

Having done some investigation, while Arvaleth might be a great choice to try and convince to go into the shield, his protection from the local undead for the villagers is critical and so this is no easy decision. If it comes down to him or no-one, we can revisit but for now, I think the right choice is to keep searching for others to go into the shield. An ideal solution is perhaps, an immortal Halfling hero... their soul into the shield and I'll take great care of the corpse (like, look after it like it was my own)

My thanks to Victor and Tancred and those citizen's of Bilteve for their continued vigilance and hard work in defeating the forces of Pep

Emilio Drake

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Jul 27 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,966

QUOTE(BBB @ Jul 27 2020, 06:05 PM) *
Okkram,

Pleas arrange for the slain Knights to be brought to the Court House and I and Mine will stand vigil over their bodies until the Knights or their families can collect them.

Kei-Ry
Magistrate of Thimon

Of course, of course. They may not have always found all of the... Bits... So pardon if some parts are missing. We do our best to help our friends the Knights. They tried hard, yes? That's got to count for something.

The big chap, Tristan tried particularly hard, he may need a shiny medal. He's awake now, I looked after him. Was he that ugly before the fight? It's hard to tell with you humans, many of you look the same, yes? But that face doesn't look normal even for a human. I swear that's how I found him.

No need for a medal for me, I'm just happy to help our great City. But if you insist, it must be gold, silver does not match my fur colouring, yes?

Okkram Sedeth

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jul 27 2020, 05:45 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 198

Please keep the corpses together and I'll bring them back.
Okkram please stop with the general racism, it's generally offensive.
Penny

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Jul 27 2020, 05:52 PM
Post #9

Steve Louch

QUOTE(Fionamullin @ Jul 27 2020, 06:45 PM) *
Please keep the corpses together and I'll bring them back.
Okkram please stop with the general racism, it's generally offensive.
Penny

I canz help wiv sum

Pork Pye

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jul 27 2020, 05:59 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 574

While on the topic of souls and the shield I had a chat with Imrazil who told me Amlas would be the best place bar none... so as always diligently did as the big man suggested.

Quick flight over the ocean, lovely place where I met the Warlord (their one not our one) and The Emperor for Tea and Biscuits and he was going to look at how the people of Amlas can help get the shield sorted for us. I thanked him for his hospitality and he then sent me home with three of Amlas’ finest heroes to help with the threat at hand... so I’ve found some digs for the Warlord, Dragon Tear and Oni here in the Empire for a few days around Halgar.

Dave Stone
101st Empress’ Own
Count of the Dragons Gate

+Quote Post
KatSables
post Jul 27 2020, 06:08 PM
Post #11

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 26

QUOTE(Ryan @ Jul 27 2020, 06:59 PM) *
While on the topic of souls and the shield I had a chat with Imrazil who told me Amlas would be the best place bar none... so as always diligently did as the big man suggested.

Quick flight over the ocean, lovely place where I met the Warlord (their one not our one) and The Emperor for Tea and Biscuits and he was going to look at how the people of Amlas can help get the shield sorted for us. I thanked him for his hospitality and he then sent me home with three of Amlas’ finest heroes to help with the threat at hand... so I’ve found some digs for the Warlord, Dragon Tear and Oni here in the Empire for a few days around Halgar.

Dave Stone
101st Empress’ Own
Count of the Dragons Gate

Your hospitality is most kind Dave Stone. My Emperor does not see everyone, it is a true honour that you have received.

As per my Emperors wishes you have THE Warlord at your disposal.

Lord Neko
Warlord

--------------------
Kat
kat@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Jul 27 2020, 06:15 PM
Post #12

Legend

Member No.: 198

He's not bad for a Knight Neko.
Penny

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Jul 27 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #13

Hero

Member No.: 98

I am not sure if this will help or if it has already been looked at...

While myself and my church have been helping in Scarlene it has occurred to me, this illness acts more like a blessing to those affected than a disease. Has anyone tried to remove it as you would a blessing to see if it prevents the death of the cured?

I wish the darkness bid you all luck in the forthcoming.

Karalis,
High priest of the Primal darkness.

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Jul 27 2020, 06:22 PM
Post #14

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

*revealed only when in a blinkered eye or to those shielded from scrying*

I wouldst prefer not to recall too much of the events surrounding this investigation. Suffice to say we met with some success. We now know the ways of killing some, hopefully all of the Hagrath. Special weapons may need to be sourced if we are to face them again. Weapons made from gold (the metal) worked well. But others may need to be made or combined with birch bark or combined with the feathers of a hawk.

I will leave it to my allies to share what else they may have found out as well.

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jul 27 2020, 06:33 PM
Post #15

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(isbiraven @ Jul 27 2020, 07:16 PM) *
I am not sure if this will help or if it has already been looked at...

While myself and my church have been helping in Scarlene it has occurred to me, this illness acts more like a blessing to those affected than a disease. Has anyone tried to remove it as you would a blessing to see if it prevents the death of the cured?

I wish the darkness bid you all luck in the forthcoming.

Karalis,
High priest of the Primal darkness.

Karalis,

The disease was created to preserve the infected. It is possible for sufficiently skilled healers to remove it without killing the person however there is a complication.

Those with the blessing cease "to live" they do not need to eat, they do not age and I would guess they probably do not to sleep either.

Remove the blessing and these things rapidly catch up. IF they have not eaten for long enough then removing the disease will cause them to immediately starve to death as the effects of the preservation end.

Tsu-Ling
Peace and Tranquility

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Jul 27 2020, 06:39 PM
Post #16

Hero

Member No.: 98

QUOTE(BBB @ Jul 27 2020, 07:33 PM) *
Karalis,

The disease was created to preserve the infected. It is possible for sufficiently skilled healers to remove it without killing the person however there is a complication.

Those with the blessing cease "to live" they do not need to eat, they do not age and I would guess they probably do not to sleep either.

Remove the blessing and these things rapidly catch up. IF they have not eaten for long enough then removing the disease will cause them to immediately starve to death as the effects of the preservation end.

Tsu-Ling
Peace and Tranquility

Tsu-Ling,

Thank you for the clarity.

Karalis
Primal Darkness

+Quote Post
Will
post Jul 27 2020, 07:00 PM
Post #17

Legend

Member No.: 158

I have information thanks to the dedicated work of the Seers, but would rather not share it so openly as it is of some strategic importance.

I will ensure there is a safe space to share said information as soon as possible when we travel.

Drak'Zit
Imperial Seer

--------------------
Will Power - will@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Stevelouch
post Jul 27 2020, 07:04 PM
Post #18

Steve Louch

QUOTE(BBB @ Jul 27 2020, 07:33 PM) *
Karalis,

Tsu-Ling
Peace and Tranquility

Nooooooooooooooooo

Pork Pye

+Quote Post
jj420
post Jul 27 2020, 07:29 PM
Post #19

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,677

I found a ritual to create The Hagrath they require gold the metal not the magic, berch from the tree and hawk feathers to slay them.

They could ofcourse make more with different weakness.

If someone wants to have a gold weapon made that may be of use in the future.

Abbad
Obsidian cabal

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jul 27 2020, 07:58 PM
Post #20

Legend

Member No.: 242

Abbad,

Hello. I believe we are travelling together - in my hands, my spear is metallicly golden, made from Birch trees and Hawk feathers. I can also make a you a weapon that meets one of those criteria for you, if you wish. Do you have a preference for your weapon of choice?

Kase

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:26 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins