IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Consecration Rites - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Consecration Rites
JustinC
post Feb 26 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

Apologies for further intrusion.

I was wondering if any among your faith have set rites for the consecration of a shrine to Mortai, and if you would be able to furnish me with such.

Many thanks,
Aerlisseroth
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Feb 26 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #2

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

Not so much. There rites which call down the spirits of light, and indeed the attention of Mortai to a shrine or similar, but I don't believe them to be formalised. Very few churches, in my experience, have formal rites for such things as they often depend on both the situation and the individual. There are miracles which often form the centre piece of such things, one of which I am capable of casting.

Sir Garath Vaine

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
JustinC
post Feb 26 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #3

Hero

I see, thank you Garath. Am I right in assuming 'The Rite of the Bright God' is one such?

Aerlisseroth

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 2 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #4

Arch-Enemy

QUOTE(JustinC @ Feb 26 2009, 10:32 PM) *
I see, thank you Garath. Am I right in assuming 'The Rite of the Bright God' is one such?

Aerlisseroth

Indeed. This is a formalisation of a variety of common ideas and themes used on an ad hoc basis in the past which has lead to the existance of a miracle which many goodly churches share. This, in essence, is how most (if not all) miracles take on the forms we are familiar with today. All of these things rely upon the fact that the spirits (of all kinds) can hear and see us, across the boundary between planes. It is easier for priests to catch their attention by using rote prayers as the mind can therefore be entirely focussed on the spirit world whilst casting, rather than occupied with trying to find things to say. I am simplifying the theory and I haven't even touched on Planar Dynamics, and I may be entirely wrong, but this is basically how it works. Ultimately spiritual workings rely on calling out to the spirit world and hoping that someone answers. If one knows exactly what one wishes to be done and calls to specific spirits capable of doing such, the chances are greatly improved. If one is an ordained priest of a divinity to whom said spirits "belong", it becomes almost a certainty. Thus anyone is capable of consecrating a shrine to my Lord Mortai, but it would be enormously easier for one of his priests, who was familiar with certain miracles, to do so.

As I mentioned in our private correspondance, I would be more than happy to assist you, but I fear I would not survive the mott, let alone the bailey.

Garath

--------------------

+Quote Post
JustinC
post Mar 2 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #5

Hero

Indeed, I'm uncertain as to my capacity to reach the Bailey myself... But needs must.

An ally of mine, Remstar, will be accompanying my group. He is an Elysian with old ties to the Church of Mortai. I am hopeful that he will be able to enact such consecration rites in some manner, utilising the scrolls your church has provided.

I'll be certain to let you know if it is successful.

Aerlisseroth

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 2 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #6

Arch-Enemy

Remstar, you say? Never heard of him. What's an Elysian when it's at home?

Garath

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:37 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins