Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amber/Temporal Magic
dnsmantra
post Jan 4 2018, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

The Inquisition has now concluded its investigations into 'amber magic' and I have talked at length with the Covenant.

It is worth noting initially that there has been a little confusion caused by the fact that the Duke of Amber used a number of rituals and ritual objects (bowl, coins and so on) to empower a strand of amber magic, which he controlled and had access to, in such a manner as to be easier to learn, access and make use of. Those seeking to use this strand of amber magic would in some fashion be garnering 'his' power and in so doing essentially empowering him. This is the 'amber magic' most are talking about. It is not all that this magic is however, but a single stand, a single weaving and manipulation of a wider underlying power.

Amber/temporal magic has existed in various forms for many years. Before the Duke it surfaced within the Dales and before then some years before elsewhere in the mercenary community. There have been reports, sitings and documentary evidence regarding its sporadic use from as early as Hadrell's time and before. There has been evidence of at least one, perhaps several draconic beings associated with amber magic, as mentioned by Jez at the dawn, within these halls some years back and earlier by reports**.

I am not satisfied that amber/temporal magic in its base/raw form does not originally descend from a draconic/hatchery source (albeit perhaps a very long time ago; so long that it weakened and fell into obscurity - in much the same way any dragon/drake can weaken and fade over time - as evidenced some dawns back). It is true that the stand of such magic the Duke of Amber made widely available and sought to use did not - it came from his rituals and manipulation of the base underlying power (which likely did) - a subtle, but important difference. It was, simply, the machination and brainchild of someone who is now locked away and no longer a threat.

The proscribing of amber magic made by the Covenant on the dawn, upon good advice from a number of notables, was an attempt to limit the Duke of Amber's power by limiting the use of the strand of amber magic he had devised and wielded (and the use of which empowered him). It was for good and practical reasons at the time but with the defeat of the Duke is no longer needed. The strand of amber magic he wove, is no longer accessible in the fashion it briefly was.

As such, those who wish to research into amber/temporal magic, in whatever form, should feel free to do so without fear of breaking the law to do so. The proscribed nature of such magic, instigated at the dawn is hereby lifted (a lifting both the Covenant and myself agree upon).

My previous statement about judging people on their individual actions still very much stands. Those found using temporal magic (or indeed any other supernatural power) in a reckless fashion which endangers the lives of the citizens of the Empire will have action taken against them.

Nexus
Lord Inquisitor

(** - OOC: I have deliberately touched only lightly on some of these as I reffed some of this older stuff and don't want to get into awkward character/ref crossover, even though there are public and private reports on these things having been made to the Inquisition)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th August 2018 - 12:38 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins